It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-15 very low pass video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This is a vid of an .F-15 doing an airshow, flying a bit lower over the crowd than I have ever seen.
Great to watch, but wouldnt this act be illegal to perform over a group of people?

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
No. It's illegal for them to do stunts towards a large spectator area, but if it's a small airshow like this where it's a dispersed crowd, and it's just a flyover like that it's not illegal. If he was doing a loop, or something like that, then yes, but just a straight flyover is allowed.

jra

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I've experianced stuff like that for real. It's pretty damn sweet. I always go to the airport the day after the airshow is over and everything's leaving, and park out at the end of the runway. I've had many F-15's fly low over my head, and one F-14 flying really low. Good stuff

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The noise that F-15 made was nothing.
I was standing on the taxiway next to the Reef Runway when 4 B-1Bs made afterburner takeoffs 30 seconds apart. Talk about noise.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I had a harrier jumpjet fly around 20ft above my head once on this hill in cumbria in the UK.. and! it was almost upside down.. almost had a heart attack i did

We all had to throw ourselves to the ground!

But 4 b1's taking off..eeeek, i bet your ears were ringing for a few days

[edit on 16-3-2006 by clashrock]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Here is one of a Jaguar doinga low level pass

I was standing on the taxiway next to the Reef Runway when 4 B-1Bs made afterburner takeoffs 30 seconds apart. Talk about noise.

At oshkosh 97 they had an SR do an AB pass in front of us.
Several times I saw the concorde do AB touch and go`s

God I love the smell of jet fuel.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Who has some informations about simulative dogfight of F-15 with F-14 in early days? please help to give some links or tell me some details about it. It is the best to even give me a video. thanks!

[edit on 18-3-2006 by emile]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by uuhelpus
Here is one of a Jaguar doinga low level pass

At oshkosh 97 they had an SR do an AB pass in front of us.
Several times I saw the concorde do AB touch and go`s

God I love the smell of jet fuel.

Jags make a helluva noise at any altitude!!
They fly over my office every day (along with Su30 MKIs) and although there might be more to this than what I am just about to say; The Jags make twice as much noise as the Su 30s even though the Su30s are twice as big!

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Speaking of B-1b's here's a fun clip from FL350 that's worth watching just for all the car alarms going nuts at the end.

www.flightlevel350.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
CyberianHusky:

OMG, that avatar is classic!!!

Thanks for the sweet video links!

[edit on 18-3-2006 by A_Widows_Son]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
heres a good video of theMirage III from the swiss airforce

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
^^ And somebody was saying that the Delta wing makes it difficult to conduct low level flying..

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Showing low level flight at an airshow is a LOT different than a low level flight in a combat situation. Under combat conditions, with a weapons load a delta is terrible for low level flight. The higher the wing loading, the rougher the low level flight. You're looking at less than 5 minutes of low level flight, with very little load on the wing and saying that a delta wing makes for good low level.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by uuhelpus
This is a vid of an .F-15 doing an airshow, flying a bit lower over the crowd than I have ever seen.
Great to watch, but wouldnt this act be illegal to perform over a group of people?

That vid kicked ass. Thnx for the upload.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Under combat conditions, with a weapons load a delta is terrible for low level flight. The higher the wing loading, the rougher the low level flight. You're looking at less than 5 minutes of low level flight, with very little load on the wing and saying that a delta wing makes for good low level.

I don't understand then how the low level ride of the TSR 2 was so good that the pilot had a cup of tea at mach 1 then? Bear in mind this was designed specifically for low level high speed runs at supersonic speeds and out of all the configurations investigated the delta was chosen. Not trying to say you are completely wrong but I think there must be more to it than whether the wing is a delta or not.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
What was the date when the TSR2 was scrapped... wan't it in May during the 1960...

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
You've forgotten my old sig FIN
It was the very day I was born, 6th April 1965.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Forgotten no...
I actually did a serach when I read your sig for the first time... my plan was to surprise you if I would have gotten the exact date... but since I only got a moth and a year, I tried to ask you without you noticing it... Sounds stupid doesn't it

Now I know the date... And I will still surprise you the 6th of April 1965... mark my words...

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I was stationed at RAF Alconbury in England from 1981 -1983. We had the F-111's at nearby base play enemy aircraft during NATO excercices. I was in a van on base when 2 F-111's side by side flew over at about the same level as the F-15 in the video, they had thier wings swept back and afterburners on. I saw the F-111's go by with no sound and then a second later the shock wave hit and shook the van we were in. We also had RF-4's, F-5's (that were on base), Jags, and F-15's do low level passes at high speed.

[edit on 19-3-2006 by ULTIMA1]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
That mirage video wasnt particulaly special. i see Tornadoes doing that every year when im on holiday in scotland.

Justin

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join