It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colours have been added to US dollar bills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The most secure currency in U.S. history was introduced into the economy today, as a newly redesigned, colorful $20 bill was issued by the Federal Reserve System.
The new $20 note issued by the Treasury Department includes peach and blue colours and the greenback even has a copper tinge when tilted in the light

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Great...more confusion from stupid grocery clerks, requiring a manager to come over and verify my $20's.... Thank goodness for ATM cards.....

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Jeez... Garzok, you are absoutely correct. I remember being in an airport shortly after the current 20 and 50 were released. It took nearly 30 minuites to retrieve my 30 dollars that the clerk claimed I hadn't given her.... I almost missed my plane.

She finally opened the cashbox and realized that she had a $50 in the $20 drawer. "Oops, sorry...."

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   
the reason they did the 20 first because it is the most common bill, and commonly used. Either way, id agree, now it just going to take longer at the store, when they have to look at the fuc_ing bill for 5 minutes!

oh God i wish we just went back to the U.S. Government Gold Standard.
But no, thanks to FDR, we have the Federal Reserve Board, a private bankers group who prints fiat money. Read my quote from Jefferson, it's quite true.
Also, if you live near Denver, CO, check out this place:

National Commodity & Barter Association
8000 E. Girard Ave.
Denver, CO 80231
(303) 337-9617
www.earthnet.net...
(hasn't been updated for awhile)

You can exchange money/checks for silver coins, or US Bills (Federal Reserve Notes) without giving your S.S. # or anything i believe. Call, write or e-mail for details.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
How wonderful, "Colorful and Fashionably Conscious Money for the Metrosexual's of Today"

Typical (NWO) American Mentality when more time and attention is paid to the beautification of the Currancy than to the Country for which that Currency is made for. I guess the simple plain green $20's that the Rich Fat Greedy Bastards Stole from the Majority of this Country Causing Further Economic Failure just weren't good enough for em so they had to make prettier one's. Glad to see our priorities are being addressed properly!

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hey, JFK wanted to go back to the gold standard...look where he is.... Doesn't seem to be a popular opinion of the NWO....

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Hey, JFK wanted to go back to the gold standard...look where he is.... Doesn't seem to be a popular opinion of the NWO....

excellent point!

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The irony is that Andrew Jackson fought against the idea of a federal reserve bank tooth and nail and now look where he is chosen to be remembered. On a note issued by the very people he detested.

"Your a den of vipers and by God, I'll route you out!!"

-Andrew Jackson refering to the advocates for a federal bank.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Perhaps they want to confuse people

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If you think that�s confusing you should see the Euro notes. Your wallet would look like a rainbow. Each countries notes and coins have there own images and landmarks on them, and they'll eventually be swapped about through all the countries. I think that�s pretty cool though, history and geography lessons from your money!

top topics

join