It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
To answer a question that was raised: "yes, the Stargate tv series is completely made up. There's no elements of truth in the Stargate.' I've talked to the actors and producers (this is no great trick, folks. I go to Dragoncon each year and they're regulars at Dragoncon. You can go and talk to them, too. We got all the gossip on last season's Stargate-Atlantis and SG-1 and some hints and facts on this season.)

There's not a shred of truth in it. It's all fiction. You can ask them yourselves and you can check the "writer's Bible" (this is the series of guidelines that writers of a tv show have to follow if they want to submit material) on the show if you like.

SUGGESTION FOR RESEARCHERS: If you're posting a picture to prove a point, post the whole picture with the text in whatever language (cuneiform, Egyptian hieroglyphics.) Ancient art was like modern editorial cartoons, and the artists almost always put text on the picture or beside it to say something about the image. This is true of Egyptian and Sumerian/Babylonian/etc art. And it's often true of Roman art and Greek art.

And remember, some of us can read hieroglyphics and puzzle out Mayan glyphs and cuneiform, too. (There's books out there showing how to do it. In fact, you can get them at your local library.)

Before making speculations, it is ALWAYS a good idea to look at the text on the images and read what it says for yourself. I think that if you researchers start looking at the text written beside and around those images, you will find additional valuable information.

It's also a good idea to check what the original culture said (Marduk would actually be the "son of the creator god"), including who the individual was supposed to have married and what he was supposed to have done. The original texts are available online. Don't go on the word of anyone (including me) -- look up the original source for yourself, please.

You might also want to doublecheck timelines. Many people run into errors in their theories when they try to do timelines without checking around for a good history.

for example:
* early AmerInd traces in America (12,000 BC and possibly 20,000 BC)
* early stone age villages in Europe and Asia (7,000 BC or thereabouts)
* early stone age (Neolithic) villages in the Middle East about 12,000 BC
* rise of the Egyptian civilization - 5,000 BC
* rise of the Sumerian civilization - 4,000 BC
* verified king list: www.sarissa.org... (note that Nin-kisal-si ruled about the same time as Menes of Egypt)

And, of course, we have a lot of writing (which shows that no catastrophes of a global nature occurred) that dates from at least 5,000 BC.

In any case, some of you might like to go back and recheck sources. Wikipedia, while not perfect, is usually a good place to start. Crystallinks puts up text without checking (it's an archive) and so while there is good material there, there is also a lot of material that has since been discredited.) Always check the date of publication and don't go with information that's a century old.

As a final footnote, when checking on the dates of things proposed by archaeologists and historians, do NOT assume the dates were established by carbon 14. In many cases they were established by one or more methods other than radiocarbon dating.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
Nice work undo, I mean really nice work.

It is nice to see folks try and find the truth. For folks to except todays mainstream religion as a 'magical' heaven is so illogical.

You have no less respect from me because you are a woman. Anyone who looks for themselves instead of taking what someone else says as 'gospel' deserves respect. It doesn't matter the gender, color or country - as long as they try to find what was real.

Something WAS happening during the beginnings of Sumeria, and that something was HUGE. It has been misinterpreted so many times that we now how have so many beliefs - nothnig good can come from that.

Great work undo, I love your mind.

Well thank you. So encouraging! I hate to disappoint you after all those kind words, but I am a christian. lol I believe in a "magical" heaven, as it states in the bible. I think it's other dimensional, if you will. But, I also believe there are several references to the physical heaven, in this dimension, in some of the ancient texts that translate (literally), the sky, the stars, the planets.

And yes, something very big was happening in ancient Sumer!

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
undo, a few questions.

does your theory basically assert that aliens came to earth and gave us this technology, or ancient civilizations developed it on their own ?

if its the alien slant, how do you balance that idea with your strong religious beliefs as outlined in your acknowlegements in your e-book ?

if ancient civilizations are the source, how did they develop the energy infrastructure needed to develop such an amazing technology ?

My personal opinion is that the technology was already here. As I mentioned earlier, I believe what we call "angels" and "extra-terrestrials", lived on this planet at one point, prior to humans. I believe this is indicated in the bible and in some of the sumerian writings. There may have been several races of angels, which would go a long way in explaining why people who claim they've encountered extra-terrestrials, have so many different descriptions for them. I'm unsure how advanced their civilization on earth was, but it must've been pretty far along.

This does not contradict the bible, because angels are said to be created beings. They inhabit bodies. They can eat, drink, speak, fight, have sex, the whole gamut of activities, that we humans take part in, and then some. However, there appears to have been a separation, according to biblical texts, of powers. The "angels" were given free wills, just as humans have, and, just like humans, some of them made wrong or bad choices. This is being reinacted on our planet as we speak. We think of them as the holy angels and the fallen angels. The fallen ones, otherwise known as the Anunnaki, interfered (think of it like disobeying the prime directive) with the human race. They taught us war and weapons of war, when we didn't even know how to count to 2, for example. That wasn't a very good idea, I might add. They polluted the planet with their subsequent wars, using humans as cannon fodder. They tinkered with us genetically, polluting the genomes of nearly every living thing on the planet. (sounds familar). These are not good "angels" or "aliens", for that matter.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
It would be very interesting to dig deep into this theory, if for no other reason than the mental stress. I've believed for a while now that we humans were planted here by an alien race (driven in mind by a divine Creator, however), that had the sole purpose of raising a planet of creatures that would go out and populate the reaches of space.

I've been looking for a good place to start my ancient timeline, and Sumer has been tickling at the back of my mind now for a few weeks. I guess I need to give it a scratch and see if anything comes of it. It's at least good to know that someone else is thinking similar thoughts.

Only thing I wonder now is could it be that the key isn't an actual physical object, but a concept hidden inside each of us? Perhaps, EACH of us can open it, provided we know what to do and look for. If there really are stargates there, then I'm sure they've never stopped being used. The beings that used em first will be using them a lot to keep tabs on their little minions.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bambam272
Just to spark some interest: could it be possible that these aliens are none other than fallen angels or possibly even Lucifer himself? It says that the devil can take many forms to deceit you. 1000's of years ago he might have been a witch, elderly woman or even a small child. Nowadays its hard to convince us of alot so they/he takes the form of aliens. Just thought i'd hit a nerve with that one. Peace.

That's my impression as well. I mean, there's definitely good angels, as well, so it gets a bit technical after this point.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy
bambam, I would think that's a logical assumption, but since none of this is written in stone (pardon the pun), that's all we can do at the moment is assume.

undo, you are a woman beyond your years, I like your style. Easy to read, understandable, I enjoy every minute of your writing.

Thanks!

Wow, thanks, Beerguy! Erm, you have a name? Bud, perhaps? Miller?
Bud Miller?

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Not sure what you mean. Yes, please do. That's a Graham Hancock book, correct? He has some interesting information.

That is right undo, Graham Hancock authored that book.

The book opens by Hancock examining the work of Charles Hapgood, an american military science lecturer who had a special interest in old maps. Hapgoods work showed that there are a wide collection of maps that although drawn in the sixteenth century are based on much older works. In particular one appears to show an ice free Antarctica, which when compared to modern survey evidence seems to be very accurate and begs the question, was the art of cartography being exercised a lot earlier than we previously assumed?. If this is the case then the maps also suggest that this was taking place on a global scale. Hancocks quest in this book then is to try to uncover evidence for a globally connected civilization that has somewhat been over looked.

Now to get to what I said in my post, Hancock only mentions the meso-american civilizations having record of being visited by dieties, human in form, european looking, seaborne and knowledgable in science. My post was a little misleading, I was comparing the possibility of stargate usage with Hancock's examination of the earliest cultures creation myths, sorry about that.

I do speculate though this somewhat invisible third party was responsible for the growth of not only South American and Egyptian civilizations but all peoples that survived the Flood and they resided on the continent of Antarctica using the stargates to travel between the peoples. Just a thought...
Dust

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
To answer a question that was raised: "yes, the Stargate tv series is completely made up. There's no elements of truth in the Stargate.' I've talked to the actors and producers (this is no great trick, folks. I go to Dragoncon each year and they're regulars at Dragoncon. You can go and talk to them, too. We got all the gossip on last season's Stargate-Atlantis and SG-1 and some hints and facts on this season.)

There's not a shred of truth in it. It's all fiction. You can ask them yourselves and you can check the "writer's Bible" (this is the series of guidelines that writers of a tv show have to follow if they want to submit material) on the show if you like.

The original author of the screenplay for the movie, Stargate, was an egyptologist. He sent the screenplay to Devlin, and Devlin turned it down. Then, a few years later, Devlin decided he liked the idea after all, changed a few things, and made it into a movie. This is not a big surprise. The egyptologist took it to court and the case was settled out of court.

Hollywood is a bunch o' cut throats. I had a friend who wrote a screenplay for a Star Trek episode. They called him and had him fly out. They discussed it with him, asked alot of questions, and told him they'd get back to him on it. He never heard another word, however, his screenplay ended up as part of an episode. lol

If you read my material, you will find that I am not stating that Stargate the TV series is absolutely genuine. What I am saying is, that Stargate the movie and the TV series, bear some uncanny resemblances to the truth in several places! The original author, the egyptologist, was onto something. I wish I could talk to him and investigate it!

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I know that I am just kind of jumping in here but... I am in the military stationed in Iraq, coincidently I am a stones throw from the Ancient city of Ur as you undoubtedly know contains the Ziggurat I believe that you may be speaking of. I have been there, in it, on top of it, and I can promise you if there was ever some kind of "Star Gate" there it is long gone. And defiantly NOT made of silver or gold or anything else besides mud.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by undoThe original author of the screenplay for the movie, Stargate, was an egyptologist. He sent the screenplay to Devlin, and Devlin turned it down. Then, a few years later, Devlin decided he liked the idea after all, changed a few things, and made it into a movie. This is not a big surprise. The egyptologist took it to court and the case was settled out of court.

Are you quite sure about this? I've been around the fandom since the late 1990's and this is news to me. I'm certainly not pulling up anything on Google.

The original author, the egyptologist, was onto something. I wish I could talk to him and investigate it!

Oh, that's easily done! What's this person's name? We can check his credentials through scholar.google.com and find out more about what he has published. We can also google emails, and you can ask him or her to come here and answer questions about what was found and translate the hieroglyphs on site for us.

There are a lot of fakes out there who pretend to be Egyptololgists and quite a few folks who are assumed to be Egyptologists but actually aren't. A name will give us something to go on.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Divinejr11

Eridu and Ur are two different places.

And Enki's ziggurat, the E.ABZU, was antediluvian which was gone after the flood according to the biblical and sumerian texts. It was replaced by the Etemenanki (Tower of Babel, which was not a tower but a ziggurat). The Etemenanki has been torn down and rebuilt several times.
Read this, if you're interested in the subject: www.livius.org...

[edit on 8-3-2006 by undo]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Byrd,

On Wikipedia
Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin were sued by an Egyptology student for allegedly stealing the storyline as the student had submitted the story to them about ten years before the movie was made (they "rejected" the story at the time). The plaintiff had a respected Egyptologist from Johns Hopkins University vouch for him, since he had put his own theories into the story. The only differences between the story and the movie are slight name variations. The issue was finally settled out of court.
en.wikipedia.org...(film)

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Interesting disclosure

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hell is the opposite of heaven

The underground and the surface

If heaven is up ( the stars, planets etc) then surely Hell must be down.

If heaven is reward then Hell must be punishment

In order for a society to become civilised and survive it makes sense to contruct moral guidelines that you must obey to go to heaven.

Disobey the moral guidelines that your high priest, King, Landlord, Slave master has set for you and you will surely go to Hell.

The danger with decipering pictures and metaphors is the human ability to see what you want to see.

Look at a Grown man from the perspective of a child and the man becomes a giant.

Why is heaven, the upworld considered to be the place we are all aspiring to reach?

Ine possible explanation may be ancient man looked up and the stars and the moons and his wonderment sent his mind racing.

Life was a struggle then, people had to hunt to eat, work and toil the land, disease was rife and death a common everyday occurence.

There was no central heating, Friends double bills, beer on tap and cigarette shops to make life a little easier

People needed the promise of reward, a moral guideline otherwise anarchy would spread because if your current life is so bad and pointless then why not rape , pillage and murder....revolt against your high priest,King, Landlord or Slave owner?

So if we said that theory had some meat in it's bones we would be impying that religion is nothing more than an excercise in power and social control and therefore everything religous documents tell us should be taken with a large pinch of salt.

But of course we mythology and legend...the old Testament, Egyptian, Greek , Sumerian, Chinese...many more stories that seem to link and intertwine.

They have the feeling of oral tradtions, tales around the camp fire told and retold, embellished, changed and then spread.

Never underestimate the power of word of mouth.

However these tales have to come from somewhere and the only two possibilities are that someone, someday made them up in a creative spurt or they are based on an actual truth or event.

History as we understand it today is flawed and gaping holes are full of unsatisfactory answers and this is what is discussed everyday on this site.

If somone knows the answers to the questions we ask then chances are they ( or the people they employ) are in positions of power. Wealthy landowners, Fuel companies, Kings and Bishops.

Do you think if the vatican got hold of information that undermined their power and authority they would willingly give it to the world?

Of course not and that is why post on these sites chipping away at half rumours, hersay and possibilites.

The powers that be will not release information unless they are sure they can retain their power.

But it's hard these days, there are too many of us, we are to fractured, too many different beliefs and faiths, levels of intelligence, ways of life and dropping bombshells like Stargates and UFO's or the missing page of the bible which begins "Once upon a time" is not going to go down well.

Such information is world changing and rapid world changing and if aliens landed tomorrow do you think the billions of workers of the world carry on working the machines of industry, making the tin cans, licking the stamps and crunching the numbers?

I know I'd think about having the day off and If I take that day then why shouldn't I take the next one?

We are taking about changing reality here is everyone on the planet willing to except that the version of reality is wrong?

I reckon very view are and althought the internet is littered wih conspiracy theorists, truthseekers and factfinders there are far, far more people out there who either don't care........or don't want to know.

mod edit: censor circumvention

[edit on 9-3-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

To quote Undo...

Well the biblical account seems to indicate they were all buried under several feet of silt and rock, not to be rediscovered until the end times of planet earth. Enki's gate is still buried (at least until recently). End of quote. (dont know why its not in a box thingy!?)

Very interesting read. I remember reading in the book The Bible Code of a key that fits something thats hidden/buried on the shore of the Dead Sea (cant remember which country) and that due to military acctivity in the area it cant yet be found and it was not SUPPOSED to be found until the end of days.

What I dont get though is that if these ancient civilisations had access to Stargates, which are going to be lets face it, super hi-tech, and which can get you not only from A to B, but also back and fore in time I presume. So why then were the ancient civilsations still using copper chisels to make stone blocks? Why couldnt they make a good carving of what the Stargate looked like? Or whom or what came through it? Leave stories of what was on the other side? And finally, with all this technology at thier fingertips, why were they still using donkeys and carts?

[edit on 8-3-2006 by Mcphisto]

[edit on 8-3-2006 by Mcphisto]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcphisto

(dont know why its not in a box thingy!?)

Well there are several possible answers to each of your questions. And that's where the difficulty lies. So I approached it from the premise that the ancient tech was ante-diluvian. Only some antediluvian buildings survived the flood, the rest were wiped out. The technology was inherent to the Anunnaki buildings/spacecraft and remained within them or buried under the ground. Instead the humans were taught how to make the tools necessary to feed, clothe, battle, and mine resources. I think they treated our planet like a playground, a mining facility and a lab, where they could just do whatever they wanted because we were intent on rebelling against God and lost the capacity to engage His assistance on our behalf. In other words, we no longer believed in the "unseen God," but rather the ones standing in front of us, the Anunnaki gods, who were visible and mighty and impressive! And their rules were great - do the physical labor we require and we'll keep you entertained and teach you how to do all manner of interesting things! We won't ask you to control your physical urges, to keep the flesh in subjection to the spirit. Instead, we'll encourage you to party till you drop...dead (plenty more slaves where you came from).

All those stories about fairies, ogres, giants, sphinx, unicorns, and various animorphs, and human hybrids, may actually be hybrids they created from the existing flora and fauna of the planet. Which is one of the reasons why the planet was so polluted, both genetically and environmentally, before the flood. It says in the old testament of the bible that the giants were wiped out from the earth, in such a way that there would no longer be any trace left of them for people to remember them by. Apparently, the text is trying to impress the idea that God didn't want people worshipping the bones of the ancients or trying to resurrect them in some scenario like the Jurassic Park theme.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Have you ever wondered why the ancient people seemed to place so much emphasis on first borns? Did you know it was the tradition of the nephilim kings, to impregnate the brides of their kingdoms on the night before their weddings? This was not only a tradition in Mesopotamia, but even in Egypt (the Angel of Death killed only first borns of Egypt) and in Britain and other European kingdoms. That meant the first borns were nephilim offspring (2nd borns I guess you could say), from which the kings could choose a suitable replacement or give jobs of importance within the hierarchy. Your importance and value, was measured by how much Anunnaki blood you had flowing in your veins. The biblical tradition was quite different. It didn't matter when you were born, only that you served God in spirit and in law (not in servitude, such as slavery to the Anunnaki!).

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
how does the second born of the same parents have less anunnaki blood ?

please explain

[edit on 8-3-2006 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
please explain

Sorry. Within the family there would be at least one nephilim parent. The other might be a human, or might not. So after several generations, the original Anunnaki genetic markers, thinned out. A first born might have a human mom and a nephilim dad, so he would be half and half, a hybrid of a hybrid. See what I mean? The original nephilim were the purest of the human hybrids, followed by their children, followed by theirs, and so on..
This may even explain why there's such a prevalent theme of ancestor worship in the ancient civs.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
.. replaced to next page

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join