It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 311
<< 308  309  310    312  313  314 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Hello Undo. I have just recently started watching Stargate Sg1 and I have just started season 4. I started watching the show in order for a while, and then I went back and watched the original 1994 movie. So after a while of watching Stargate I noticed how deeply embedded the ancient alien theory was in the series( or reverse ancient alien theory I guess). So, naturally I turned to ATS for connections, and I came across this thread.

Now I don't really have the time to read 300+ pages of deep conversation but I would like to give my 2 cents if something like this hasn't already been mentioned before. So I assume a possible position in this thread is that Stargates actually exists. Another position could be the show was to demean the possibility of anyone ever believing it. Although I personally do not subscribe to that thought, I will entertain the idea.

So my question is: Why was Ra changed from being a reptilian looking alien, who seemed to posses its host rather then being a physical parasite, which is what it was changed to in SG1 with the introduction of the Goa'uld. It seems the "demonic possession" angle seemed more realistic and kinda tied into David Ike and all that nonsense. So my main question was why did they make the change? I understand it was probably due to their need to continue the story for a longer period, because I believe Ra was depicted as the last of his race in the movie.

My next question is: If Stargates do exsist, then where would they be? And who would have a hold of one? Surely it wouldn't be operated by some sector of the air force operating out of a relatively well known military base ( Cheyenne Mountain Complex ). So who would be in control?

Do you think there would be a private civilian involvement? Similar to when Mabourne is working with the private investors to acquire things behind the governments back. Keep in mind I am only on season 4 and have yet to see the full conclusion to that private sector stuff. Though the beta Stargate is now being used by the SGC becasue the first one was blown up with Thor's ship, so I dont see how they could resurface. I digress, So Im mostly wondering if you have any ideas on the control a Stargate.

I do understand that many of my questions seem rather relative to the real world, and at times I can be quite straight-foward. But, If you are willing to entertain my thoughts and possibly give me a short recap on what you discovered in those 300+ pages, I would be very grateful

If you have read this far, thank you and I look foward to catching up.

edit on 3-6-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Sorry re-post.

edit on 3-6-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I'd like to say that the whole idea about the stargate tv series being real blows my mind.I don't know why this effects me so much.It's like I know the stargates are real,but I have no proof.Who said "If its on TV it's real"?I think It was Gene Roddenberry.I can't get out of my mind that alot of movies and tv shows are about real factual events.How mind blowing would it be if the stargates were real and there was also a tv show about the gates to make it seem like fiction to the masses?Also the show has alot of ancient alien background to it.And it's well thought out and makes sense in an ancient alien context.

I can't help but think that the media is putting out things to slowly condition us to the reallity of alien races.Say if the real stargates were annoced,people would already be familiar with the concept and be alittle more understanding.

OP whats your thoughts on the TV show?Did they make it to discredit/inform the masses about stargates?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
It's always baffled me about the Ancient Egyptian texts. Like, what's with these flying machines or strange beings? This is were I think we should be looking into.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hello!
I have been a lurker here for some time but just recently found this thread (6 years and it's still going!). FASCINATING read! I'm in awe of all of the knowledge and research here! awesome thread and special bowing down to undo!

I'm only up to page 21-lol
(ps-- agreed about Arthur- needs some looking into. Undo?
)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Does anyone have a post that has all of the links on this thread together? I've noticed going through it that several of them are defunct, and I had pc problems after trying to click on the link with the books (pg 4, I think?)
Thanks much!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
renegade

i know it bugs me that they switched it from a spirit like being in the movie, to a parasite in the tv show.
i think if you put them both together you have the original screenplay before it was modified by
devlin. the original screenplay writers sued the movie people, because (the wiki blurb says), when they first submitted it, devlin etc, turned it down. then 10 years later, changed a few things and went ahead and made it
without the screenplay writers permission. they sued and won an out of court settlement. later, the tv show was made. so my current theory is, that the tv show contains the rest of the info that was removed from the film screenplay, as far as particular bits, like the goa'uld form being parasites, and the name of the first stargate planet being abydos. so it might be might be (did i mention might be?) closer to the original, to depict them as parasitic spirit beings, who can manifest in physical or non-physical form.

although, there's also the whole dna thread running thru it too. i dunno. too many questions, not enough answers. not sure how many answers i want out of either lol

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starcrossd
Hello!
I have been a lurker here for some time but just recently found this thread (6 years and it's still going!). FASCINATING read! I'm in awe of all of the knowledge and research here! awesome thread and special bowing down to undo!

I'm only up to page 21-lol
(ps-- agreed about Arthur- needs some looking into. Undo?
)

i could maybe answer or try to answer any questions you have. lol
oh boy, here we go again.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Stargates with angelic serpents...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
Stargates with angelic serpents...

where's that from? if you don't mind me asking.

interesting that the bottom half of their bodies looks like dna.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hi undo

In your op you say your an author of 2 books, could you send me a link to where I could purchase this? Sorry if you have posted this before but there are over 300 pages.lol

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

From Larsa, Sumeria.

en.wikipedia.org...

From a thread i made on Sumerian stargates.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mickles
Hi undo

In your op you say your an author of 2 books, could you send me a link to where I could purchase this? Sorry if you have posted this before but there are over 300 pages.lol

oh they are free. the problem is, they represent my theories from 5+ years ago and i have changed many positions on the related subjects since then, so i think the thread is actually the better place to read the info, albeit with broken links. still, overall, the data presented in the thread is the best source i have available.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

From Larsa, Sumeria.

en.wikipedia.org...

From a thread i made on Sumerian stargates.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

interesting!

this image you posted in your sumerian thread shows the heaven of anu, with the "hat symbol"

doesn't that hat look like a stack of foreskins, as in circumcised foreskins?

edit on 22-6-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm not sure what that symbol is supposed to be representing or why it's there...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I'm not sure what that symbol is supposed to be representing or why it's there...

inana wears a similar hat, as do several of the other gods depicted during the zoroastrian period i think it was. for sure it was assyrian depictions. sitchin thought that it was a space helmet. forget the name he gave it, but if memory serves the name was from the original text where its mentioned. he claimed that it translated to hat that makes one travel far or something, which would explain why occultists came to believe that in order to cross dimensions or vast distances of space-time, that they need to have sex magick and a scryer. i think all of that is a misunderstanding, generated during babylon.

make sure when you're doing your research you pay strict attention to when the info is from, not just where. cause there's a big change during babylon. for example, the hebrews used the stars and planets to determine planting times, harvesting times, and important calendar events related to things like passover. whereas the babylonians hoarded the knowledge of star and planetary movements and used them to predict when the king should take a leak or when he should walk his dog. like if the moon is in eclipse and the star of whatever is in the something or other, the king should stay home and play with his toes. lol you get the idea.

they made a complete mockery out of the original science. which is what lead me to the conclusion that in order to know what the sumerians knew you have to filter babylonian data thru the earlier sumerian-akkadian data and old testament data, and it wouldn't hurt to filter it thru same timeframe info from surrounding cultures, if and where available.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Yes there's the serpent crown of Ishtar, but i can't see why the illustrator would place that in the Highest Heaven.

Chronology is of course important and you do have to trace developments back to Sumeria.

The Goddess type from Larsa also represents winged Ishtar with the inter-twined serpent association, in the extremely rare association of an actual illustrated star portal.

edit on 22-6-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2012 by Kantzveldt because: Add

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
it's very important. not just a little important.

for example, and this is a big issue to me, are the entries in the enuma elish regarding "Abzu".
abzu was not a deity before babylon. abzu was the abyss. in this fashion, all kinds of pertinent data about abzu is hidden from understanding the related information. by claiming abzu was a male entity having a relationship with a female entity, named tiamat, the reader has no clue what the original information was really about. the only way it can be extracted from the text is to go back to the original meaning of abzu and work forward from there. this helps to clarify what tiamat was as well, rather than who tiamat was. tiamat was not a sentient being and neither was abzu.

assyriologists miss the opportunity to discover this data by claiming none of it was real anyway, thereby effectively removing any further inquiry from the mainstream community they represent. there's a reason that info changed, and once you realize that, you start to see that it isn't because it didn't matter to the akkadians, but because the powers that be at the time, made the decision to hide it from them by couching it in a metaphorical deification of inanimate objects..

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

It's a case in point, another would be the 'station of Nibiru' from the Enuma Elish, i'm not convinced they were particularly trying to hide anything though, they were adopting cultural motifs from an earleir time and expounding upon them in their somewhat imaginative manner...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

It's a case in point, another would be the 'station of Nibiru' from the Enuma Elish, i'm not convinced they were particularly trying to hide anything though, they were adopting cultural motifs from an earleir time and expounding upon them in their somewhat imaginative manner...

the problem is, by making abzu+tiamat into a sexual relationship, they turned what were initially 2 related but inanimate (meaning not sentient or not life forms) objects into an occult sex magick ritual. it developed into an entire school of magick, seen most prominently in the writings of people like alistar crowley and early info on jack parsons and L. ron hubbard, sex magick workings like the babalon working and the alamantrah working. believe me, this is really old info, all based on the decision during babylon, to turn inanimate things, into sentient beings practicing magick rituals, whereby they conjured up things. like tiamat and kingu did after abzu died. just read what tiamat and kingu conjured up and compare it to revelation 9 in the bible. note that the phrase "Bottomless pit" is actually the english term. the original word was "Abyssos", et.al, abyss. et. al, abzu.

yeah. it's so important to understanding this entire subject, that without it, you're sure to fall prey to the rest of the babylonian astrology, which does so much disservice to the information, that i don't know where to begin other than to suggest you always filter it backwards thru the original data..

new topics

top topics

<< 308  309  310    312  313  314 >>

join