It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 312
<< 309  310  311    313  314  315 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hey OP, you may have already had these questions asked but doese the stargate have any correlation with Zoasterianism, 12/21/12, and how come humans were aware of the stargate thousands of years ago, and now it's completely irrelevant to modern every day life now? Also can humans enter this stargate or only the Enki like people. One last question, if these (for a lack of a better word) people visited humanity long ago, why can't they come back now?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

In summary one could say there are several thousand years of accumulated imaginings and variations from theme from the original premise of the Sumerians.

I do trace motifs back to their humble naturalistic origins, but that makes my offerings seemingly boring compared to the desire for the ever latest, derivative of our present cultural concerns, sensational interpretations.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisUglyBoyHere
Hey OP, you may have already had these questions asked but doese the stargate have any correlation with Zoroastrianism, 12/21/12, and how come humans were aware of the stargate thousands of years ago, and now it's completely irrelevant to modern every day life now? Also can humans enter this stargate or only the Enki like people. One last question, if these (for a lack of a better word) people visited humanity long ago, why can't they come back now?

does it specifically have anything to do with zoaster? earlier references perhaps are contained in Zoroastrianism. contained is not the same thing as "the original" but some of the data manages to survive the trip thru written history in various forms.

not sure on 12/21/12. i don't yet recognize the exact time frame for the events in revelation 9, so how the gate would or wouldn't play out in the example, i don't really know. the references in revelation are astronomical. meaning it's tracking the movement of planets and stars, as a calendar that spans a section of a precession of the equinoxes, which it describes as exactly ONE THIRD of the precessionary cycle.. there's a video on the subject that might clarify that for you a bit:

but i have no idea how revelation 9 works in relation to the precessional one third. where it falls into that passage of time, i dunno.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
reply to post by undo

In summary one could say there are several thousand years of accumulated imaginings and variations from theme from the original premise of the Sumerians.

I do trace motifs back to their humble naturalistic origins, but that makes my offerings seemingly boring compared to the desire for the ever latest, derivative of our present cultural concerns, sensational interpretations.

i don't find your info boring! i find it quite interesting. i find ancient history interesting, even if i don't always agree with it. don't stop writing, just don't expect everyone to agree with everything you write. i'm pretty darn sure, but not absolutely sure, that i'm right on my theory. and yes it sounds fantastical, but lets face it, if you had told people 300 years ago, that we would be able to create new human life in a glass tube, people would've said you were delusional. your position is noted, however. don't ask me to go along with it as long as it's almost entirely supported by babylonian astrology lol

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

It's mainly supported by Sumerian cylinder seals, but yes there are Babylonian and Syriac examples and quotations. Even Sumeria though is as distant to the origin of these ideas as we are to the Sumerians, ie they trace back to the earliest Neolithic period, but the furthur back you go the more sketchy the evidence.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

It's mainly supported by Sumerian cylinder seals, but yes there are Babylonian and Syriac examples and quotations. Even Sumeria though is as distant to the origin of these ideas as we are to the Sumerians, ie they trace back to the earliest Neolithic period, but the furthur back you go the more sketchy the evidence.

in the first image in your thread (see below) it talks about the moon god sin. he's circa 2600-2400 BCE. i disagree with assyriologists on the date. sumer ended in 3000 BC, give or take 100 years. they set the akkadian period at 2350-2150 BC, i disagree with that too. lol it would start when sumer ended, around 3000 BC. this puts sin about 200 or so years into babylon, if their dates were actually correct. the reason the timeline is fudged up, relates back to the beginning of the enlightenment period. the story is interesting.

apparently, a scholar of "higher criticism" (the papacy's attempt to prove that their interpretation of the bible was the most accurate historical record by attacking the efficacy of non-biblical texts of similar or older origin) attempted to prove that grecian history was not accurate. his name was frederich wolf. the text he wrote on the subject, called homeric problem, suggested that the ancient greeks couldn't write when it was said their texts were written. as a result, all grecian histories/annals/epics, were removed from historical accounts, or deemed fiction and footnoted as fantasy and myth. the greek culture and its related histories, was a major lynchpin for the rest of the ancient world. without grecian texts to go to for verification, other ancient texts took similar criticism.

in the meantime, archaeology was developed as a science and taught in universities. 40 years later, the entirety of the history of the ancient world had been labelled fiction and myth. it was then archaeology made the discovery that indicated the ancient greeks could write, afterall. unfortunately, it was too late to recant as countless scholars had written on the subject, people had been murdered, the whole thing was an extremely hot potato. when it was pointed out the ancient greeks could write after all and therefore there should be some public correction to the record and re-institution of their ancient historical accounts, it was said that they didn't want to go back to teaching fairy tales.

no valid history meant no valid timeline for written history older than the enlightenment period. so as they began to excavate ancient egypt, they decided to use the pharaohs reigns as an indicator of time passage. problem was, earlier, the egyptians and babylonians had a battle of who had the most antiquity.. each side brought their own scholar to the table and compared notes. babylonians used the sumerian kings list with huge life spans for their kings. egyptians used the pharaohs. one of the ways the egyptian scholar managed to increase the length of the timeline for egypt was to suggest there was only one pharaoh ruling egypt at a time however, today we know that's not true, although rare. there were times when upper egypt had a different pharaoh than lower egypt, and both ruled egypt at the same time (thus the origin of the different crowns). this difference in timeline, caused ancient egyptian histories to veer away from the already disgraced texts of the rest of the ancient world. it was a lost cause.

more and more evidence has been unearthed to prove the ancient texts were basically accurate, and support each other's version of the timeline, but now, the established timeline of ancient egypt, which was based on nothing, since everything else had been disgraced, is used as evidence that the other texts are still fictions. it's not a good thing.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

The Sumerian Kinglist timelines are from the Semitic period, and contain some Semitic names, there exists no Sumerian equivalent, so one is reliant upon understanding how and why the compilations were made.

Babylonian doesn't neccesarily translate as 'misleading babble', for example it's very easy to observe what was intended as the progression of constellations in the Mul Apin through the gates of Anu, Enlil and Ea, if one knows the location of the gates, the observations they made were sound and gave a basic fix on the Heavens, though of course there were the associated superstitions.

The gates represented a point of connectivity between the underworld, the Abzu, Earth, the horizon, and the Heavens, and of course they worked, or the sun, stars and planets couldn't have re-appeared...

edit on 23-6-2012 by Kantzveldt because: typo

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
oh and here's another thing, adad as mentioned in that image from your thread, was babylonian

you have to watch these reference materials. they tend to smoosh it altogether, and there's a clear demarcation between sumer and akkad, and between akkad and babylon.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
your thread image also mentions ickur opening gates in enki and the world order. in the actual text it says that ickur was
"the canal inspector of heaven and earth -- Ickur, the bringer of plenty, the son of An."

i think assyriologists are assuming that the occurences of as above so below, scattered in the texts, indicates that a thing on earth had a mirror thing in the heavens. therefore, the canal inspector, who they presume opened the canal gates and closed them again, had a heavenly equivalent as the holy bar which blocks the entrance to the interior of heaven (see reference Enki and the World Order 309-317)

they are mixing several concepts together there, i think.

this is the entire passage
He called to the rain of the heavens. He ...... as floating clouds. He made ...... rising at the horizon. He turned the mounds into fields ....... Enki placed in charge of all this him who rides on the great storms, who attacks with lightning bolts, the holy bar which blocks the entrance to the interior of heaven, the son of An, the canal inspector of heaven and earth -- Ickur, the bringer of plenty, the son of An.

etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...

the entrance to the interior of heaven is being likened to a gate on a water canal.

to me that sounds suspiciously like the angel placed at the gates of eden to bar passage back to eden. he went back and forth with a fiery sword, it says, which sounds like the reference to riding storms with lightning bolts in his hand. the mt. mashu text in the epic of gilgamesh, describes a similar effect although it sounds more like a forcefield than an item in a hand of one of the gate guardians.

either a forcefield or some kind of electrical field is barring passage, and it moves back and forth across the entrance to the "interior of heaven". however, the mt mashu guardians are said to have lightning like power that goes out from their eyes or something like that. i think these are all attempts by ancient scribes and priests, to explain what they are seeing, and after thousands of years, modern scholarly attempts to translate it from the prejudiced position that it's all mundane mythology.

edit on 23-6-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
maybe it was a plasma forcefield?

or something like a set of tesla coils.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Perhaps its because the weather was thought to emerge from the gates also, opening them to let the waters/rains and storms out to water the crops and bring plenty. Ickur was associated with the bull of Heaven, in its sense of rage and fury comparing with storms.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

Perhaps its because the weather was thought to emerge from the gates also, opening them to let the waters/rains and storms out to water the crops and bring plenty. Ickur was associated with the bull of Heaven, in its sense of rage and fury comparing with storms.

the bull of heaven is another name for the gate. i don't think the sumerian texts are properly translated, although most of it is close, the translators translated the concepts in the texts based on their own biases. this is evident in the translation from the hebrew, chaldean and aramaic, to latin and english translations of the bible as well. and it's extremely obvious in egyptology, particularly when it was translated from hieratic to greek and then into english. i have some real doozies on that topic. on top of that, the info is not being written down by the scribes and scholars of the time the events occured, and is evident in enuma elish's metaphorical deification of sumerian and akkadian inanimate objects. all that serves to scramble the data, that's why relying on babylonian texts to understand sumerian and akkadian texts, is backwards.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
inana is not sumerian, she's late akkad, early babylon. she is known as isis in egypt. her consort, dumuzi, is also enmerkar (of enmerkar and the lord of arrata story. enmerkar is a title not his real name), nimrod of biblical texts and narmer, the founder of pharaonic egypt at abydos. there are snippets of his story in the epic of gilgamesh as well. when he passed, he was known as osiris (or more precisely, asir).

the reason they don't teach this in mainstream egyptology is that they refuse to acknowledge that a mesopotamian started pharaonic egypt after the black sea flood, because 1) it would verify the authenticity of the passage in the bible regarding nimrod (nimrod was just a title, not his real name. it means "the rebel". royals have alot of titles), 2) it would suggest that post black sea flood egyptian culture was started by someone other than an african, although there's some indication one of his parents was not a semite of mesopotamian ancestory (see the grave goods found at abydos and burial plots, as well), 3) it would prove their timeline is screwed up and result in having to rewrite most of the texts on the subject, and 4) it would lead to having to fix everything that is currently reported, such as the stance that the ancient israelites were never slaves in egypt or that the osirieon was built in the time of seti I.

the story of inana and dumuzi is the mesopotamian version of the story of isis and osiris (do a comparison, it's fascinating). these are the same people. they weren't fictions nor repeating hero themes. they were royals of their day.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I do not think stargates are real. But i do believe stargate was an awesome movie.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

wow.. this thread is massive~!

thx Undo, I crossed link the thread NASA Concedes Space–Time Portals Exist

THX again for sharing some of your research !

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Komodo

Good job that announcement is so very pertinent to this subject .

I'm still convinced that the true pyramids that existed before the end of the ice age were using gravity fields to induce plasma flows aka the "tree of life " .

The Sumerian and Egyptian cultures were just attempts at reestablishment of that culture and technology .

The fact that these new NASA portals exist and are caused by EM re-connection is awesome news for the support the theory that some sort of gate was created in the "Queens chamber" ..

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by R0CR13

reply to post by Komodo

Good job that announcement is so very pertinent to this subject .

I'm still convinced that the true pyramids that existed before the end of the ice age were using gravity fields to induce plasma flows aka the "tree of life " .

The Sumerian and Egyptian cultures were just attempts at reestablishment of that culture and technology .

The fact that these new NASA portals exist and are caused by EM re-connection is awesome news for the support the theory that some sort of gate was created in the "Queens chamber" ..

the tree of life is dna related. that portion of dna, that tells your body parts to regenerate, is the tree of life. it was this part that was nerfed in the fall of the adamic race story in genesis. it sounds as if a section was cut/spliced in to include a death sequence. things stopped regenerating as quickly and started breaking down. the heart and brain cells don't regenerate. now the water of life, that's a doozy. i don't even want to go in to what i think it is at this point.

edit on 10-7-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

How far has this thread gotten off topic for this forum? lol.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
reply to post by undo

How far has this thread gotten off topic for this forum? lol.

i dunno, as you will likely find other ufologists who believe we were genetically manipulated from cave men or something. and in that regard, the subject of dna in genesis is not far at all.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
i dunno, as you will likely find other ufologists who believe we were genetically manipulated from cave men or something. and in that regard, the subject of dna in genesis is not far at all.

Oh well I would consider myself a person who is interested, but not a researcher or UFOlogist who would be making calls and investigating cases. I feel sorry for gullible people in this subject. I mean there are 90% lies and 10% truths. Timothy Good suggesting that we were genetically manipulated... I like you Timothy I believe you have good information, but why incorporate so much disinformation? Why you want people such as those in this thread to believe outlandish things? It so easy to see through now, you talk of truths but add in more lies to keep ignorant fools talking about things that aren't true.

top topics

<< 309  310  311    313  314  315 >>

join