It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by godservant
I guess it is the call of demogracy, where 51% controls the other 49%. I guess over 50% percent of the population is still ignorant.
Originally posted by WithinyouWithoutyou
Cocoa leaves do act as a stimulant when they are chewed, however, they are not immediatly harmful as is coc aine. It takes about a ton of cocoa leave to produce one kilo of coc aine.
Originally posted by Harvestfreak
If you want to do something, write to congress about this case against Mr. Emery, Saying that seeds contain no THC, but why is it illegal?
Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I know but try growing the Coca seed in Canada and giving that arguement at your trial.
I do not reccommend writing to congress about this issue if you have any illegal drugs or your urine is dirty. This would be the equivalent of painting a target on your back.
Hundreds of thousands of dollars of Emery’s illicit profits are known to have been channeled to marijuana legalization groups active in the United States and Canada. Drug legalization lobbyists now have one less pot of money to rely on.
Statement from DEA Administrator Karen P. Tandy
Well folks, so far I see no opposition to this arguement, so why is this still law? Why dont us whiney Americans do something?
New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson, a Republican, has sent to the state legislature a bill that would decriminalize possession of 1 ounce of marijuana. The New York Times reported today that 10 other states have already done that. Which states are they? And what does it mean to "decriminalize possession"?
The states are Alaska, California, Colorado, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, Maine, Minnesota, Ohio, and Oregon. These state legislatures (except Alaska's) decriminalized marijuana possession in the 1970s. Oregon was the first, in 1973, following the recommendations of the Nixon administration's National Commission on Marijuana Use (also known as the Shafer Commission). Nebraska was the last, in 1979. Another state, Mississippi, decriminalized marijuana possession in the '70s but later recriminalized it as a misdemeanor offense.