It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life sentance for marijuana seeds?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
And on the Coast Guard thing...did it matter? Did they hassle you about it? I can't believe it was a big deal. You can't possibly be the only smoker in the USCG.

I'm not in the Coast Guard. Just a merchant sailor. But the Coast Guard issues your mariner documents and engineer licenses. No, it wasn't a big deal... But they knew about it.

For the record I don't smoke... Can't smoke. I will be retired someday though.

That cool grandpa.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well, the Phillapines has enacted an even more strict policy

* The death penalty for any trafficking, cultivating, importing, selling, or trading controlled drugs or their chemical precursors.
* The death penalty for possession of the amounts listed above.
* The death penalty for any government official found guilty of trafficking or of planting drugs.
* A life sentence for possession of more than five grams of hard drugs.
* A 12-year prison sentence for possession of less than five grams of hard drugs.
* Stiff new penalties for using cell phones or the Internet to make drug deals.
* Stiff new penalties for "dangerous drug financiers, protectors, and coddlers."
* Mandatory drug tests for persons seeking drivers' licenses or weapons permits.
* Mandatory drug tests for candidates for public office.
* Mandatory drug tests for persons charged with a crime punishable by more than six years in prison.
* Random drug tests for students and workers in government and the private sector
* Compulsory drug education in all school levels.

This also includes the death penalty for anyone with 500grams or more of marijuana.

What is the world coming to?

[edit on 9-3-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Who'd have ever thought a serial rapist could do less time then a horticulturist simply trying to turn a profit out of his crops

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eternal_Punisher
Who'd have ever thought a serial rapist could do less time then a horticulturist simply trying to turn a profit out of his crops

I simply want to add that a cannabis user -- medical or recreational -- doesn't need to grow a crop with any intention of profit to receive draconian sentences. In the US, it would seem that it is impossible for "the powers that be" to even consider the possibility that someone would grow marijuana without the intent to traffic. However, there are many people who simply grow marijuana -- several plants -- for it's personal use for medical conditions (migraine, pain relief, arthritis, to name the more common ailments that the THC in marijuana can benefit) or for private use as a recreational substance.

These people have no intent whatsoever to sell or profit from their crop and, yet, they will also receive, if caught, severe and life-altering sentences.
I simply wanted to clearly note that not everyone who raises marijuana does so for any sort of profit motive.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I simply wanted to clearly note that not everyone who raises marijuana does so for any sort of profit motive.

Lets remember that it makes a lovely houseplant.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
could you imagine if the governments legalized it and sold over the counter like cigs? think of the money they make. in bc alone it is the largest cash crop. more than farming and forestry combined if i recall (read it in a time a while ago). decriminalizing it in my opinion is not really a great option, now instead of confiscating your stash to avoid the hastle of arresting you, the cops can just write a ticket, thus costing you money, and then they take your stash!

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I wont even tell you what they do here....

The do not just confiscate your bag and send you on your way. A dime bag possesion could end up costing thousands after lawyer fees, court fees, work loss, and the most ultimate...embarassment for smoking a natural herb that hurts no one.

I would love to see decriminalization. As I have said before, my city has an enormous crack/coc aine problem, as well as a bit of a meth issue. IMO the B.C.P.I.G. (instead of BCPD...get it?) would better spend their time curbing the use of these drugs rather than busting the college kids with their doobies.

The sad truth is the cops have much less to worry about cruising through the rich neighborhoods looking to bust the first rich kids they can for speeding 5 over and catching them with a bag'o'trees, instead of driving through the HOOD and busting crack dealers. When the penalties have gotten so stiff, its not the drug that gets devalued, its the officers life. Until we crack down on the source of these issues the problems will always be there, and us pot smokers will always catch hell for something silly.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I havent read this thread, but a life sentance for pot seeds sounds fair in this day and age.

Child molestors go off free, but God help you if you have a few seeds?

I'd hate to think what would happen if you have a leaf.

Where are the priorities today?

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
an ounce of pot should be worth about 5 bucks, without the illegality aspect of it. it goes for about 200 bucks around here. that means that over 95 per cent of the cost of the stuff is eaten up by people taking risks getting it to you. this also means, that over 95% of the price of it should be considered in whether you feel you should be subsidising foreign wars, illegal bike gangs and the like. maybe the person you buy from is a neighborhood kid, but chances are, a lot of really NOT nice people are getting rich from you.

i have to laugh when people say that pot is a benign substance. some of these people refuse to eat red meat, or drink tapwater. what's is UP with that? you have to know that there are immediate negative health effects from every puff of pot you have. of course if the pot is the only thing you are smoking. what else have they put in there? maybe you are smoking bug spray. you don't know. god damn the pusher man i say. they will sell you ANYTHING. you want a good harmless drug? try dopamine. your body produces it naturally. it is really GOOD. rise your bike a couple of miles, you'll feel better all day.

organised crime is one of the largest contributors to anti-drug campaigns. obviously, this is to increase the risks and increase their profits. their profits increase with every last bit of risk taken by their trade. it is really supply and demand of the risk factors overwhelmingly when you think about it.

if you can get a good clean source that isn't supporting organised crime, i think over all pot is a pretty 'green' substance. the money aspect cannot be down played. narco dollars have been a huge problem for many years, now our economy is completely addicted to them. there will not be a let up in our drug laws in the near future.

anyone with an interest in this very important subject, whether you use or not, should read this link:

www.narconews.com...

consider that mj is at least 5 times more prolific than coc aine, the drug they are mainly discussing here, the money aspect is even more important due to the amounts.

stop listening to your drug dealer tell you it's ok. it is not ok. everything has risks. vote with your dollar. either support these creeps, or do not.

rick

[edit on 15-3-2006 by aspen]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by aspen
stop listening to your drug dealer tell you it's ok. it is not ok. everything has risks. vote with your dollar. either support these creeps, or do not.

What other options does a pot smoker have if he feels like mellowing out for the night? Besides growing his own? We are still talking pot here right? You can argue all you want... It's our own drug laws that are supporting organized crime. Not the moms, dads, kids, grandparents, lawyers, doctors, college students, etc. that just want a way to relax.

Try dopamine? The natural high? Wait... Where is pot manufactured again?

Just playing devils advocate here. You believe that the pot smokers are supporting these "creeps." I believe they are being forced to support these "creeps."

I'm not going to drag this discussion into harsher drugs. The original post was about marijuana. Hell, I personally (my opinion here) is that coffee is worse for you than the ol' sticky greens.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
You fail to recognize the fact that not all MJ is grown and sold via drug-lords and Escobar-esque practices.

Especially in Michigan, a lot of the good smoke around here is home grown and sold by the everyday kat that just wants to boost his income and smoke a little free green. Comparing weed and coke are like comparing asprin to aloe. Its completely different in every way from manufacture to use/abuse.

And if you drive a car, or drink beer...save the mj is bad for you rap. It is no worse for you than your car spewing all kinds of filthy toxins into the environment...and yes...your lungs. The "harmful" aspects of marijuana are pretty moot when you consider all of the harmful chemicals/additives in that magic brown plant that so many people are so eager to throw away 6 dollars on. The tobacco industry gets rich by poisoning you and at the same time ensures that it is so addictive that people spend thousands to quit.

Sorry for the rant but I have been smoking the good stuff since I was 12 years old. I also smoked a pack a day of squares for tens years, only to quit a year ago. In just a little over a year I can feel the recovery my lungs have made even though I still smoke trees like a rasta. While I wont deny that there is some harmful effects in pot, my personal experience shows me that it is no where near the damage done by tobacco the I have been recovering from.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
History has showen that you cannot win a war on a noun.

The war on drugs...Failure
The war on terror....Failure
Im sure there are more that I cannot think of right now.

And a life sentence for pot seeds is a bit over the top, for sure.

Its time America took the power back and hang that fella from the tallest oak in DC.

Does anyone really want to see a true champion of freedoms locked up for life. Emery is onto something here thats much bigger then the seed. The powers that be fear that this could trancend to other issues with respect to freedom of choice. Its potentially huge.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

In just a little over a year I can feel the recovery my lungs have made even though I still smoke trees like a rasta.

MJ is a bronchial dilator. It opens up the bronchial tube allowing for better expectoration (spitting) of flegm and tar.

Cigs are bronchial constrictors which do the exact opposite. The tar stays in, breathing ends up as wheezing.

I don't think that anyone is saying that cigs are good, but it's rediculous for one to be legal, and the other not.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I know, I just try to dumb things down for the lowest common denominator...as it were.

In a weird sort of way I am glad that MJ is not legal. I look at what they did to the natural tobacco plant, as far as chemicals/additives, and I am thankful I can still smoke my bud straight off the plant.

I prefer my relaxation to come from nature, not BIG BRO and all of his poisons.

You can't even get a decent friggin hamburger without a schitload of chemicals and genetic alterations. Its no wonder we all die of cancer and they call it natural causes...you can't get away!!! Dont even try to run!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It's funny because I used to smoke cigarettes for years. I was up to 2 packs of Newports (the bad ones) a day. The way I quit was I smoked a cigarrette rolled out of dried marijuana leaves when I had a cig craving. There is no THC in the leaves, so I wan't getting high. The cravings lessened as time went on, and less of everything was smoked. Now I'm off cigs, off leaves, and dance with Mary Jane less than before.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
A good friend of mine who smoked for 15 years quit overnight after a hypnosis session. It doesnt work for everyone but It can work. She tells me that the smell now makes her quite sick.

Some amazing results and I like the idea of not using a deadly unnatural drug to get off another drug.

But its like anything, you have to want it in your mind first. Im not quite there yet.

*puff puff*

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Leave the pot smokers alone! They only hurt themselves, if at all.

But when has our government ever been reasonable? Especially now when it's being run like a big ugly stupid American corporation by a bunch of hypocritical pansies who never fought a fist fight much less a war against a bunch of crazy bastards like the fundamental Islamics.

Could things get any worse? Yes, if the feds continue to prosecute innocent pot smokers!! It makes me sick...

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
There is no THC in the leaves, so I wan't getting high.

Actually, unless you are talking about hemp, this statement is wrong. All the brownies I've ever eaten were from leaves. And I'll tell ya I wasn't sober. Yes, leaves are less potent than flowers but they still contain thc and will get you high if you smoke enough (not advocating smoking it though). That's probably what you ment though, that the leaves weren't strong enough to get you high.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
wow, I am really exposing myself here....

Leaves contain very little THC, but there is some. Some pals and I used to take a kilo of leaf, an long afternoon, and a couple beers and we could make the best keef hash you have ever had...so yes, there is some thc. But, out of an entire ki we would only get a thumbnail sized nug.

This isnt to say that you were coping a buzz from your leave doobs though. I remember that # when I was a kid and it didnt work pre-tolerance, so I am sure it wont work post-ASTRONOMICAL-tolerance. (Am I the only one who sees this ASTRONOMICAL tolerance?)

I smoked 1-1 1/2 packs of camels a day (not as bad a NewPorts fo-sho) but I just decided I was sick and tired of wasting money on 20 things to be set on fire and thrown away. Much less the health consequences, which as I said before are pretty apparant more than 14 months later.

No hypnosis, no gum, no patch...just good, old-fashioned will-power. I havent looked back. I threw out half a pack and havent had a drag since. I have also quit smoking the good stuff a couple times for a month or so just to "flush the system." Now, the smell alone is gross. I have to have a couple drinks right away when I go out to bars because if I dont the smell of cig smoke will give me a weak headache and a bit of nausea.

If you cannot be stonger than a drug...what can you possibly overcome in life?

Edited cause I just wanted to point out that I am inadvertantly highjacking this thread for an anti-cigerette one. Oops.

[edit on 15-3-2006 by DaFunk13]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

i have to laugh when people say that pot is a benign substance. some of these people refuse to eat red meat, or drink tapwater. what's is UP with that? you have to know that there are immediate negative health effects from every puff of pot you have. of course if the pot is the only thing you are smoking.

There are immediate negative effects to doing just about anything. Breathing the air in a major city has the same effect. Want to talk negative effects? I would wager anything that the double quarter pounder with cheese that you ate for lunch has triple the negative chemicle additives and at least triple the negative health effects than a marijuana joint. And if you are so fearful of these pesticides, then you had better not ever eat another fresh fruit or vegitable because they most likely are full of pesticides. Even more negative effects? How about the awful, horribly harmful chemicals in your average fifth of Scotch or Whiskey, which in my opinion is far more harmful physically and mentally than pot. Alcohol is POISON, yet it is sold in every store, on every corner, in every bar and restaraunt, to anyone old enough to buy it.

Alcohol is responsible for more traffic fatalities, more domestic violence, more ruined lives and more broken homes than ANY substance. It rots you out internally and causes mental loss, pre-mature aging, severe kidney and liver disease. Perfectly legal. Sure, it's ok to get piss drunk and beat your kids or drive your car into a family of four, but if you want to sit in the privacy of your own home and get high and watch tv, you are a criminal and a danger to yourself and society. What crap. If you are going to wage a war on drugs, why don't you focus on the real problem drugs that are lethal and addictive. Why not use those dollars to knock down the meth labs and crack houses that really DO make money for criminal smugglers and terrorists. Ever see a methamphetamine addict up close? Not pretty.

I say use the resources available to bring down the hard drug epidemic that our country is facing and leave the marijuana users be. It equates to nothing more than ignorance of the people making the laws who either do not understand the effects of one substance from another, are old politicians who bow down to the christian groups who still demonize pot and still believe the misinformation they learned from the days of Reefer Madness and the like. Also it stems from the fact that people in big government are making too much money from the criminalization of marijuana. Not only from the fines and asset seizures, but also from the big pharmaceutical lobbies that pay millions each year in campaign dollars to see to it that they are the only drug pushers on the block.

Remember kids, it's bad to do drugs, unless they are made by our good friends at Merck or Phizer. We all know they have our best interests at heart. So what if their drugs cause memory loss, rectal bleeding, explosive diahrea and will render you impotent. At least those allergies wont be acting up anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join