Life sentance for marijuana seeds?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Every single shred of evidence points to the fact that law enforcement is not a detterent in drug usage. Therefore, instead of spending the billions on a war on drugs, they should spend the money on treatment of people who have drug addictions. Abolish mandatory sentences and help people free themselves of addictions. END OF STORY

PS The CIA pays for its black budget through coc aine sales.
PPS The Bush family made their riches selling opium before they got into oil.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
His name is "Marc Emery", BTW. This whole thing has to do with Politics more than anything! He even started a Political PARTY based on Cannabis Legalization. All this stuff is really about Money, Profits, Monopoly & Control of the Marketplace (in a country were supposedly we have "FreeMarkets") - I agree.

I don't want to just simply whine about it anymore either - what ACTION can we take? Well first of all - I personally boycott the use of Synthetic Pharmaceuticals - but I realize that this is not a practical suggestion for everyone. Second I refuse to use the Term "Marijuana" - that is a Propaganda word linked to Racism - lets use SCIENCE to dispel Ignorance & Propaganda! The Scientific name of the Plant is Cannabis. Then there is also Industrial Hemp - which has NO Psychoactive properties. Politicians are found of the name game - they seem to suggest that all "Drugs" are Bad (except if its made by a Corporation of-course) - the term has been Demonized for some time now. But "Medicine" that is a good term - OK therefore a valid potential use for Cannabis is as a "Non-Lethal & Natural Medicine". Third we have to Petition the Government Directly - they usually do react Political Pressure eventually - especially during election years. Lets make this issue a Public Issue once & for all - lets VOTE on it! Any other suggestions?

[edit on 7-3-2006 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Just to clarify for everyone, cannabis seeds DO in fact contain trace amounts of THC.

Search for it somewhere, you'll see.

Other than that, the US has most definitely outstepped its bounds. If you agree and are the type to take action, please do (if you haven't already)

www.mpp.org...
www.norml.org...

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
But, I hope, when my generation (teenagers in high school right now) becomes the leaders of this country as the senators and what not, we'd remember some of our views on these things now.

Sorry man, but I think almost every generation from the 60's on has thought that way... No change yet I'm afraid. Just for the worse probably.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The laws in the USA...............about hemp possesion/smoking DISGUST ME to the core....its a MEDICINE! way better than all the dumb anti depresent drugs IMO.

2nd degree murder in the USA often gets a shorter prison sentance than somebody with a bag of pot......completely STUPID IMO............

How DARE the USA go around bossing Canada????
if this is SO TERRIBLE they should get all knarley mad at the ISP that allowed him to sell in the USA, or the site he used for allowing this to happen, not him.....its ok to do what he did in the eyes of his own country, MAYBE a little fine or hand slap at worst......

WHO DIED AND MADE THE USA THE BOSS OF EVERYBODY??????

Ya ya..I know this is a question the ENTIRE WORLD would like the answer to.........

[edit on 7-3-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
prison for selling seeds...youve got to be joking.Here in sth aust our cannabis laws have been liberalised for a number of years now, its an on the spot fine for possesion of marijuana upto a certain amount(thats for something that you actually have to smoke not stick in the ground and wait).
The hydroponics industry here has outstripped growth of any other business in this state since the legislation was introduced which is why we are now suddenly seeing the do gooders attempting to have things changed back to the "good ole days" when we just sent everyone to prison.
Sure we need to get the message across that drugs arent the answer(btw i have 4 kids) but prison is NOT the answer.
Dont any of our leaders have any idea. Filling up our prisons with misdemeanor offenders is just creating another class, ones that will be introduced to heavier narcotics, violence and a disdain for 'normal society'.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Another reason the DEA would love to shut Emery down:

No pot was found.
No charges were filed.
I could have let the whole thing die right then and there.
But, I felt like I had been raped.
My rights and personal property violated, disregarded and trampled upon.

But I am a true Alabamian and "rebel" is in my blood so I embarked on a mission to find out why this had happened. I called Marc Emery and asked for advice. He suggested that I start a political party based on changing the drug laws in America. Thus the United States Marijuana Party was born with the very first chapter established in Alabama.

Loretta Nall for Governor

After living expenses and taxes (he pays them every year
), he gives away all his income to the legalization movement. He has a magazine, an internet tv station and does speaking tours in Canada.

He's not just your everyday, average 'drug kingpin'.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Isn't it amazing that for all the many sided arguments on ATS that no one has taken the government's side.
This tells me that there are fewer brainwashed people than I thought. I'm sure much fewer than in the Reefer Madness days.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
All drugs should be legalized period!! Where is it the governments right to decide how someone gets "high", whether it be drinking, taking adderall prescribed, or smoking a joint, this country is wrong.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Isn't it amazing that for all the many sided arguments on ATS that no one has taken the government's side.
This tells me that there are fewer brainwashed people than I thought. I'm sure much fewer than in the Reefer Madness days.

I was just thinking that as I was reading the thread. It's clear that there are very few people of rational mind that agree with these laws, sentences and ignorance.

If we ever manage to get a positive change in this direction, it could be a great precedent for shaking up the entire "justice" system, a stepping stone for other similar cases of "Legal Madness". But if this "War on Drugs" never has it's ugly head chopped off, then it doesn't look good for us in terms of having a system we can trust and admire in our lifetimes, IMO.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Join Norml.

www.norml.com...

IMO the best organization fighting for REASONABLE policies pertaining to marijuana. Its like $35 for a regular membership, and you even get a shirt. This money is nothing to all of us. Even you rational non-smokers who see this drug war for the joke it is can admit that 35 bones is a small piece to part with to make a difference.

I think the main problem is it is only the hippy smokers who are vocal and outwardly expressive about their views on marijuana prohibition. Rather than hiding behind screen names and avatars we should be writing letters, staging protests, etc...

The can't jail us all. If every single closet smoker in America came forward and said they are tired of being labeled as a criminal; Forced to hide something so natural; Forced to hide something that is substitute for so many harmful, unnatural pharmaceuticals...we would have one helluva voice. Let alone adding all the non-smokers who admit that the ongoing marijuana criminalization is only a drain on our economy, and a farse projected by a drug industry that only wants to keep you broke, medicated, and most importantly...complascent.

And I dont give a damn if it is against ATS policy to advocate an illegal drug. You show me that it is indeed harmful, and causes any kind of ills in our already currupt society, and I have a hundred very successful people that will personally put your foot in your mouth.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
You want change, then vote for someone who actually will change the laws and make things like you want people. Sure vent all you want about this and that but act too. You know the old saying of too much talk and not enough action comes to mind. I'd start recruiting but no one would come to concensus and then I'd get banned from ATS altogether...

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
UH, I may be wrong, but us politically active smokers have been doing just this for 30 years now...still prohibition.

We are quiet voices in relation to the booming thunder that is the pharmaceutical industry. Its all about $$$, and we dont have enough.

You can continue on with your votes and board posts, but it has become very, very apparant to me that MY VOTE DOES NOT COUNT. None do. We are slaves to the almighty dollar, and unfortunately jailing people for weed, and medicating the population with dangerous drugs makes way more money that allowing us a free, easily renewable source.

You waste your time on a politician who doesnt give a # about you. I am fighting for the people who will change this.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
We are quiet voices in relation to the booming thunder that is the pharmaceutical industry. Its all about $$$, and we dont have enough.

And now, thanks to the DEA, there will be even less money.

Makes you wonder if that was the plan all along?

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I believe that you will get less of a sentence for the use of hard drugs than for the use of such as marijuana, as the hard drugs tend to create confusion and chaos amongst people whereas marijuana has the tendency to bring out creativeness and bring people together. The divide and conquer theory again. Its easier for the powers that be to control the confused and chaotic but not quite so when more united. And from some of the sentences handed down it does indicate that to be somewhat true. Thats just my opinion anyway.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It's funny that Alaska will let you have so much weed but can send you to just for just telling an undercover cop that you can get him drugs, they nail you for INTENT to sell a controlled substance. Maybe thats what they are going after this guy for the INTENT that all those seeds grow into pot plants and be sold??

Every single government funded sudy on pot has said the same thing, more harm is done by keeping weed criminalized then would be caused by its legalization. Lets keep the war on drugs going, I mean what else would we spend the money on? Curing Cancer? Pharmacutical Proverb say NEVER cure something you can treat...

Gman

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Quote: "INTENT that all those seeds grow into pot plants and be sold??"

Only except there is no Proof that these seeds were Healthy & would Germinate. Even if they did Germinate there is no Guarantee/Proof that they would produce Healthy Plants. Also on top of this they have no Proof that the people growing the seeds had any intention of selling anything to anybody.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
Join Norml.

www.norml.com...

I did... back when I was a freshman in college at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln. If you look at a previous posters link you will see it is decriminalized in Nebraska. Less than an ounce is a fine and nothing more.

Anyway, I joined Norml... Went to one Norml meeting...

And made friggin' hemp necklaces with a bunch of wacked out tripped out nutcases. I just don't think the apathy the normal pot smoker usually has can't compete with the slick suave politicians on capital hill. Yeah man... Peace dude... Legalize it....

Not to mention that when I become a sailor... The US Coast Guard did a background check on me... Guess what came up................

[edit on 8-3-2006 by LostSailor]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Anyway, I joined Norml... Went to one Norml meeting...
And made friggin' hemp necklaces with a bunch of wacked out tripped out nutcases. I just don't think the apathy the normal pot smoker usually has can't compete with the slick suave politicians on capital hill. Yeah man... Peace dude... Legalize it....

Not to mention that when I become a sailor... The US Coast Guard did a background check on me... Guess what came up................

[edit on 8-3-2006 by LostSailor]

Oh man, that's rich!
Sorry, I can just see a bunch of stoners sitting cross-legged trying to figure out why their necklace keeps falling apart.

Then the part about the USCG.
That explains your user name!

[edit on 8-3-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Apparantly the different meetings are indeed different. There will always be a couple wacky folks involved, but for the most part I only encountered intelligent, white-collar, everyday folks fed up with being treated like crooks for visiting the Garden of Weeden once in a while. No necklaces.

Its really too bad. That would be a huge turn off from a seemingly serious organization. I am sorry to hear your experience with it was so bad.

And on the Coast Guard thing...did it matter? Did they hassle you about it? I can't believe it was a big deal. You can't possibly be the only smoker in the USCG.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join