It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

site colours (or lack of)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Wig

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I;m finding this grey/dark grey/light grey/darker grey/black

colour scheme you have going on here really depressing, even your smileys are all grey

Is it possible to change the colours in "settings" or will you please introduce some colours at the next site upgrade?

Thanks

Wig

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wig
Is it possible to change the colours in "settings" or will you please introduce some colours at the next site upgrade?

There are no alternate themes.

And yes, there will be more shades of gray in the next visual upgrade.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

I don't know if that was meant to be funny, but that was pretty damn funny.

This thread makes me harken back to the day when I created a similar thread declaring that there was too much pink on BTS.

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wig

colour scheme you have going on here really depressing, even your smileys are all grey

Wig, you mention "dark and depressing" but just look at your avatar. Now THAT is dark and depressing.

Wig

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Originally posted by Wig

Wig, you mention "dark and depressing" but just look at your avatar. Now THAT is dark and depressing.

I thought someone would mention my avatar, and in a way you are right, it does not suit me and I will change it one of these days.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Wow, Zedd, you have a point

But, it is perfect for New Orleans and Mardi Gras

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Its a grey area or greys control this site. But in a way its better because bright white is too much and the tone is neutral. Other areas have different colours maybe blue would be nice or an option choice just for your screen to change it.

Wig

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Can't you at least colour the smileys? They're 'orrible

look nice colour ones not on the list.......

[edit on 28/2/2006 by Wig]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I think the gray matches your avatar wonderfully!

[edit on 28-2-2006 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well, considering what this site is about, Conspiracy, I think the colors fit well.
Shows were neutral on things.

Also, there is alot of color on ATS, just look at the main forum page, plus the different members mini prohilf background colors, the avatars, theres lots of color on ATS.

I particularly like the grey color scheme.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Change the colour scheme on ATS?? NO WAY STICK WITH GREY!

Its fitting for the site, toned down and respectful to intelligent conversation and debate. Its proven that colour only needs to be used for people with short attention spans! ... where was I? Oh yeah, keep ATS grey!

[edit on 28-2-2006 by MadGreebo]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It sure beats neon green on a black background

If ATS looks to gloomy for ya' come on over to BTS and let the sunshine in

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
There is color!!!
Gray, black white, and red, how much more do you want?

Actually its a reflection of:
1 the originators name,
2 the fact that truth is grey, and
3 the species type of the Overlords of ATS.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

That's funny. lolol

Originally posted by Nikita
But, it is perfect for New Orleans and Mardi Gras

That, I don't find so funny...o.0

Anyhow, Wig, you forgot to mention the bright red around here. Brightens it up a good bit, IMHO.

--Kit.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Im thinking maybe we could go for the whole conspiracist in the jungle theme, you knoeww, maybe Some grey green and black camo print here, some funky pink, white and black over at bts,- or the ever classic green brown and black, choo knoe choo cain neva go Wrong wis Zee Claassiks dahlings

Wig

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The red is only at the top, most of our time is spent reading threads, (and replying), and the overwhelming colour is miserable shades of grey.

The very least that can be done is to give the users the option to change the default back ground colours to much nicer shades of blue or whatever. Then anyone who wants to keep grey could do and the default colour for new users could remain grey.

Some of us are already very depressed in our lives and looking at shades of grey like this really does not help.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well, is this new look at least a bit less depressing?

I, for one, find it refreshing. Excellent new skin for ATS

--Kit.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Whew, I thought I had just gone colorblind or something there for a minute. I guess I got my last glimpse at a blue BTS tonight. Oh well.

I agree that grey is much better than white. White backgrounds are like staring into a lightbulb for an hour straight. Black pages with white writing may actually be even better than grey, if you ever decide to upgrade again.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Alright guys, maybe Skeptic doesn't have the computer skills necessary to offer you colors, but I do. I'll tell you all how to trick the computer into showing you colors.

First.... click this link: www.plumparty.com...

Then order some of these.

when they arrive, put them on. And just like that, you've colored ATS.

Wig

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Wow! you've really outdone yourselves now this has to be one of the worst colour schemes on the net.

Looking through the boards, shouldn't the thread headers in cryptozoolgy be green? - Logically they should be. Anyway, can you please change them from grey on dark grey, it's not easy to read them.

Also the "advanced forum search" has some issues with seeing what the search boxes are headed/described as and seeing what you write in the search boxes - I had to highlight the whole page with my mouse to see what I had written.

And the "preview post" screen in this board (maybe all boards) is another area you need to look at.

Don't be afraid of colour.

Edit: I just found my U2U on this subject, I don't see a customise button top left. But even if I did, I don't think I'd like it much. You're saying I have the option of 'grey on grey' or 'grey on grey' both with added grey factor no doubt.

Also now that I'm editing...light grey text on a light grey background, that's great, how about blue text on a light grey background? Blue's nice, I like Blue. Do you like blue? Look I even gave it a capital 'B' twice, blues good for me.

[edit on 8/12/2006 by Wig]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join