It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Cup 2006: who will be the Champion?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The title says it all. What do you think?

I must say that my country, Argentina, will won it, but I don't think we have enough team and our group is very difficult. I hope we do, but I don't think so.

I'll hate to see Brazil (our arch rivals) to won it again, so I think it is going to be Germany.

So, what are your predictions?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Whichever team has Freddy Adu.

He's the best player in the world in case ya didn't know.

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Whichever team has Freddy Adu.
He's the best player in the world in case ya didn't know.
Peace

Who?

I guess I didn't know he was the best...

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
We talking about golf here or something? What the heck is the world cup? Sailboat racing maybe?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Germany of course, what do you think

well I think of Brazil

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well i think England are going to win this year!

We have come so close, and i think this is our turn

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

This is our year! Go canada!

.....not likely. We would probably have to qualify first eh?

Nah I agree with asala, I think its Beckham turn, and he'll finally get his win.

Last kick at the can

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well, since The United States won't win, I'll be rooting for England, but if I were to put money on it, Brazil over Holland in the final.

Just so long as it's not Mexico!!

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I would rather stick pins in my eyes than see england win. At least if they did I dont live next door to the hole anymore and wont see them blarting on about it everyday for the next 100 yrs. Still on about '66 and the Maradonna Hand of God!

ENGLAND MY ARSE!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
dun dun Dun DUn DUN DUN DUNNNN!!! ENGLAND!

COME ON BOYS! BRING IT HOME FOR US!

Oni x x

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I'm not a great Football Fan but it would be great to see one of the Underdogs walk off with the Cup.

I'll go for Angola or Trinidad and Tobago !

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
The US will win it all, and then share a collective laugh as we recycle the materials it's made out of because almost no one here cares about it.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcphisto
Still on about '66 and the Maradonna Hand of God!

Ahh... the hand of God. Unforgettable

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
The US will win it all

Yeah, sure. Why not?
As this year you are not playing against Iran again, maybe you can pass the first round.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peronemlin
Yeah, sure. Why not?
As this year you are not playing against Iran again, maybe you can pass the first round.

Or get to the semis like last year. Last I checked, that was better then most traditional powers like Argentina, France, and Spain.

Who knows, are team is very young, and much more athletic then it has been in the past. Our goaltending is world class, and we have several up and coming players.

The world better hope Adu doesn't decide to live up to the hype.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
DOUBLE POST

[edit on 20-2-2006 by American Mad Man]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Yeah, sure. Why not?

Or get to the semis like last year... Our goaltending is world class...

There was a World Cup Last Year? Man, that must have been a quiet one, it passed right by me

And World class "Goaltending"? Tim Howard is supposed to be one of your Best Goalkeepers, and we Man United fans get mightily worried when he comes on for us, as he has a tendency to just fluff about and make mistakes by the bucketload. He had one good season, and now he's useless. His only hope is that being around Van der Sar (a REAL world class keeper) will help him in the long run.

And if he IS one of your best......

England for 2006, but only because Wales were robbed of their place....again
:shk:

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by chebob

Yeah, sure. Why not?

Or get to the semis like last year... Our goaltending is world class...

There was a World Cup Last Year? Man, that must have been a quiet one, it passed right by me

And World class "Goaltending"? Tim Howard is supposed to be one of your Best Goalkeepers, and we Man United fans get mightily worried when he comes on for us, as he has a tendency to just fluff about and make mistakes by the bucketload. He had one good season, and now he's useless. His only hope is that being around Van der Sar (a REAL world class keeper) will help him in the long run.

And if he IS one of your best......

England for 2006, but only because Wales were robbed of their place....again
:shk:

Yes, I said last year, but obviously intended to say 4 years ago.

Howard doesn't even start for us... Kasey Keller does, and he is definately one of the better keepers in the world. The US has some very good keepers, mostly because that is the position that requires the most pure athleticism, and we have the best athletes in the world.

In any case, live it up while you can, because eventually the US will be better then European nations. Right now you are seeing the very first generation of Americans who actually played growing up as much as baseball - and that was limited to the suburbs where our worst athletes come from (our best are obviously from cities because of population). Once Adu matures and we have our first super-star, you will see a lot more people playing soccer. You really wouldn't believe the progress that has been made in this sport in just the last 15 years. Before, you wouldn't see young kids doing step overs at full sprint or working on their first touch skills with some friends after school. Now, you see young kids doing that kind of stuff. When our drop out NBA point guards and NFL wide recievers and defensive backs start playing soccer instead, the soccer world will tremble...

WAR USA SOCCER!!!

PS, anyone see Ben Olsens goal against Guatemala last night? What a beauty!

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Or get to the semis like last year. Last I checked, that was better then most traditional powers like Argentina, France, and Spain.

Sorry, you get to quarter finals only, not semis. Germany 1 - 0 USA

The world better hope Adu doesn't decide to live up to the hype.

Who?

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
it will be a European team that will win the tournment in my eyes, England wont win it, they never do...World Cup Italia 90 and Word Cup 2002 were their best chances and they screwed up (yet again)

Holland and the Czech Republic are the most likely. Czech's are always do horses.

I know lots of jokes are made about the USA football squad, but they can play as a group and work for each other, which is what is needed. USA won't win the World Cup, they are in a very strong group. Italy, Czech and Ghana (Ghana played very well in the African nations)..

So, dont be shocked if the US are on the first plan home

My predictions:

The final four, (semi-finals) will be:

Holland,
Italy,
Argentina,
Czech Republic.

Suprise team of the tournament:

Australia

Players of the Tournament:

Adu Freddy (USA)
Wayne Rooney (ENG)
Park Ji Sung (KOR)
Luca Toni (ITA)
John Terry (ENG)
Ronaldinho (BRA)
Michael Ballack (GER)
Claude Makelele (FRA)

Top goalscorer:

Milan Baros (CZECH)

Under achievers:

France,
Spain,
England,

Home team performance:

Germany go out in Quarter Finals

Shocks of the tournments:

Brazil have a scare against Australia,
Ivory Coast draw with Argentina,
Togo beat France in a 1-0 victory,
Dramatic battle against "old enemies" in the second. Rooney sent off as England loose to Germany.
Czech Republic knock Brazil out in the Quarter Final. Milan Baros scorses twice.

(knowing my luck, this will all be wrong and the teams i predict, who play each other up to the semi's are all wrong lol)

[edit on 20-2-2006 by infinite]

[edit on 20-2-2006 by infinite]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join