It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Cup 2006: who will be the Champion?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Freddy will probably not even make the US side for World Cup.

WTF?!?!? the kid is great, how cannot he make the side...

Americans, revolt for me please...i was looking forward to watching him at the World Cup

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
ohhh hes not the next best thing

you get 'americans' come onto the manchester united message board admitting that!!

someone mentioned to me that in 1994, people in america said Landon Donovan was the 'next pele' and things like that

see no offence to you (or any american) but america feel the need to be the best at something, if they are not the best at something 'they've got the FUTURE best in the making!!' - if they don't have that, then sport is classed as a 'sissy sport' by americas press/people

deep down though the people and the press in america are dying to make a breakthrough into football/soccer as its the ^WORLDS NATIONAL SPORT^

in europe, south america, its all people ever think about as kid (turning pro).

all adults ever think and talk about at work/in the pubs (90% of the world are born from the womb with a football shirt on)!!

but yeah back to adu, cultures - its a well known fact america is good at 'overhyping' things to what they really are, and i think thats the case with freddy adu - if hes THAT GOOD why haven't any clubs gone in for him yet??

sir alex said (a few weeks ago) that they've been watching adu for sometime but are 'currently' not interested in making an aproach!!

if he was that good (ie:- a messi, rooney, ronaldo) don't you think the 'top clubs' would have snapped him up already??

besides nobody heard of freddy adu if it wasn't for the computer game ^championship manager^ a game which is produced in america.

Originally posted by Bandar Paul
To anyone here ranting about the greatness of Freddy Adu I was reading some articles on Germany's recent pounding of the U.S.A. and it was mentioned that Freddy will probably not even make the US side for World Cup. If this is true how can he be considered world class (yet).
Also his decsion to play in MLS instead of Europe is mind-blowing. Imaging a top NFL player playing Arena league or a Premiership player playing in Division 1 etc.

Plus he is giving up millions of dollars a year in wage.

Brazil will win this cup but Im rooting for Mexico, USA, and any team from South America besides Brazil. Oh and Czech Rep. cause they looked soooooo good at Euro 04.

[edit on 6-4-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bandar Paul
Imaging a top NFL player playing Arena league or a Premiership player playing in Division 1 etc.

It's not completely unheard of - Lee Trundle of Swansea is one of the best strikers I've seen for years, he'd walk into almost any Premiership club (and I hate Swansea).

But yeah, Freddy Adu has a lot to learn about football before he's considered World Class. And personally, I don't think he's got what it takes. But we shall see.

If Chelsea get him, it'll probably be the end of his career in the "Top Flight"

To Win the World Cup - England of course. None of that Country Rivalry for me. Wales won't be heading to Germany so come on England - bring me back some Reflected Glory

[edit on 7-4-2006 by chebob]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
We are almost there...

I think it's the time for this thread to resurrect...

Vamos vamos, Argentina...!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peronemlin
We are almost there...

I think it's the time for this thread to resurrect...

Vamos vamos, Argentina...!

Not this year my friend, we will never forget the "Hand of God". Vengance will be sweet. Behold, the spud faced nipper:

Wayne Rooney practiced with England today, hours after being cleared by doctors to play in the World Cup following his recovery from a broken right foot.
Source.

He's coming to get ya.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

He's coming to get ya.

Don't make me laugh...

HE is going to get YOU!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

oooooo, Argentina, I'm real scared:

Gotta love the World Cup, the resumption of battles between age old foes, BRING IT ON!!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I used my psychic abilitie to predict it would be Italty, however Argentina is not neccessarily out of the picture...

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hey English boy!

How many of these do you have? We have two...

Oh yes... I remember now, you have none.

I'm sure Paraguay is going to beat you next Saturday.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Hey English boy!

How many of these do you have? We have two...

Oh yes... I remember now, you have none.

I'm sure Paraguay is going to beat you next Saturday.

None? NONE?

Forgetting 1966?

1966 was a year of triumph for the host nation, England, which won in a controversial final beating West Germany 4-2. The tournament's leading goalscorer was Eusebio of Portugal with nine goals. The event was awarded by FIFA in 1960 to England, beating the West German candidacy and to celebrate the centenary of the codification of football in England.

And we didn't need no handballs or ephedrine [Yes Maradona, I'm looking at you] to get us through.
Anyway, soon to be two. And just by the by who won the last match between our two nations? hmmm? How about the one before that? hmmm?

You'll be sobbing just like you were in '02. Enjoy!

[edit on 8/6/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

None? NONE?

None, that's right.
In 1966 you won this

not this

By the way, good job winning the cup at home. I remember you score a goal were the ball didn't completely cross the line... And you call us cheaters for scoring with the hand?

The goal that wasn't...
www.peoplesgame.com...

Hahaha... Well, maybe in 2066 you can host the cup again and win it scoring goals with your hands.

[edit on 8-6-2006 by Peronemlin]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Oh man, that's pedantic, but I suppose you gotta hold on to what you got. RE:1966 we won the final 4-2, so you disallow the "dodgy" one, and that makes it 3-2, I dunno how you do things in Argentina, but over here, that's still a clear win.

I'm still waiting for a reminder of the last games between our two great nations. Anyway, all in jest, I cannot wait for tomorrow.

[edit on 8/6/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

but I suppose you gotta hold on to what you got

What I got is one more World Cup than you.

RE:1966 we won the final 4-2, so you disallow the "dodgy" one, and that makes it 3-2, I dunno how you do things in Argentina, but over here, that's still a clear win.

So it's ok to score like that, because then we score another one.
That's how you do things in England?
You think the Germans would have played the same without that goal?
The match would have been completely different. Maybe you could have win it, maybe not.

I'm still waiting for a reminder of the last games between our two great nations. Anyway, all in jest, I cannot wait for tomorrow.

You won. What else I have to say?

Besides our arch rival is Brazil, not England. Things are getting rather hot down here between our countries.

GO PARAGUAY!!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Hey England!

Try to score your own goals next time...

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
www.sportztawk.com...

Feel free to contribute there as well.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I predict Brazil is the champion even I don't like.They always play like god.

My favourite team is Ivory Coast

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Hey English boy!...How many of these do you have? We have two...

Hey Argie boy! How many of these do you have?

I'm sure we'll bring it to Port Stanley for you to come visit our islands and ogle at

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Hate to break it to the americans but Adu is useless and hasnt even come to the world cup this time and he cant even get a game regulaly in the mls and theres no way he's the age he says he is

argy boy good game u played against Ivory coast, best game so far in the wc, we english played poo agaisnt paraguay but still won

and that is the mark of true champions playing badly and still winning!

and the premier league is the best overal league in the world

the spanish league is the most skillfull

but our league is faster, more dificult to win and harder tackaling with more dificult conditions (usualy pi**ing it down with rain -2 degrees)

i wouldnt watch itallian games if u payed me, they are fixed (see Juventus)
and ultra defensive score one then defend for rest of game

yawwwwwn

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by timski
Hey Argie boy! How many of these do you have?

I thought we were talking about football here...

You know what? Keep them, there's nothing I could care less.
I prefer to win the World Cup.

Originally posted by timski
I'm sure we'll bring it to Port Stanley for you to come visit our islands and ogle at

Sure, you could win it, but remember: from now on, Gamarra won't be there to score for you

By the way, I still have one more World Cup than you.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eternal_Question
argy boy good game u played against Ivory coast, best game so far in the wc, we english played poo agaisnt paraguay but still won

It was a hard match (ARG vs Ivory Coast), very hard. We didn't play well the second half. Very poor substitutions. I still wonder why Messi didn't play in the second half.

England vs Paraguay: I expected much more from both teams. Paraguay really dissapointed me, they played much better in the qualyfiers. But it was a fair victory for England, they played good the first half and Paraguay didn't know how to score.
But after seeing Sweden vs Trinidad, I think Paraguay still has chances.

[edit on 11-6-2006 by Peronemlin]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join