It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Report: US Is Abusing Captives

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WHOFLUNGGUM
Hum my caring friend seems that the opposite sex in your country are having a bit of a time with being sold into slavery and such! Let me give you a bit of friendly advise. You see here in this corrupt country that I live in , the USA, we generally listen when a women says no! We normally do not beat the crap out of her and then sell her to the Slave Traders. Sorry, but I felt since you are showing so much concern for my countries well being that I would repay the kindness!

Do you know the Meaning of a TRANSIT country?

I guess not.

See, Slovenia has a very Important Strategic Location called the Gates of Balcan, and it is Through here that the major Traffic Routes go - You know the Orient Express and stuff? Anyway, the MAJORITY of the Women being Trafficked are fro the Ex-Eastern European Block - like Russia, Belo-Russia, Ukraine, Romania, Bolgaria; basicly Countries with Low Standards. And we do not belong among those. So I have to DISSAPOINT you in your Quest to Divert the Topic - Slovenian women are not being Trafficked.

But you don't care much about that - you just have to Dig Dirt about Slovenia, and type in Google "Slovenia+Dirt", so that you can Counter with a Distraction and Diversion, instead of a Counter-Argument for the CURRENT topic, which is labelled UN Report: US Is Abusing Captives - not Eastern European Slave Rings.

Hey, you wanna know where those Slave Routs End? IN TURKEY! A member of NATO and a BIG US Ally! I guess you have no Desire to Bash them, right?

Anyway, the Slave Traders, which are in charge of this Transit operations are usually from Russia, and usually they are Women.

[edit on 15/2/06 by Souljah]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
But you don't care much about that - you just have to Dig Dirt about Slovenia, and type in Google "Slovenia+Dirt", so that you can Counter with a Distraction and Diversion, instead of a Counter-Argument for the CURRENT topic, which is labelled UN Report: US Is Abusing Captives - not Eastern European Slave Rings.

Dude you just type "America+Dirt" and do the very same thing! Stinks when the shoe is on the other foot doesn't it? Please less don't let little things like facts get in the way of a good story!!

An I thought we kinda had a thing going! Oh well!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Sadly the word FACTS means a Different Thing to you.

They have yet to be determined as facts that is your asscertion not mine.

Now answer the very important I put to you rather then avoid it as you so often do while promoting your own versions of propaganda.

"Can you show me where in the Geneva Convention it states we have to allow the UN to inspect and interview detainees?"

And while you are at it make sure and answer why the prisoners have not complained to the International Red Cross during their visits.

[edit on 2/15/2006 by shots]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
EDIT: Souljah, you'd make a great American patriot! Too bad there aren't many Americans like you.

[edit on 15-2-2006 by curme]

I have a better idea, curme. Why don't you leave the US and join Souljah in his anti-American crusade? You seem to be cut from the same cloth as him.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
How dare the UN accuse the United States of doing something that it has already been proven to have done countless times?

How dare they accuse you of inflicting the same pain and suffering (based on first-hand accounts of people freed from mostly unwarranted incarceration) onto others that you have been inflicting since Henry Kissinger gleefully signed off on the Cambodian bombing campaign in Nam?

How dare you come here and say that the UN is ineffectual and useless when your own country's administration has killed tens of thousands of Iraqis, thousands of U.S. soldiers, and ruined the lives of hundreds of thousands of people (limbs blown off, children killed, wedding parties massacred, etc.) who were not involved whatsoever in 9-11 or in any WMD fiasco. They're civilians trying to live their lives just like you are.

Any moral high ground you had is now covered in the blood of those you've illegally tortured and killed in the laughable War on Terror.

Briggs:

So it doesnt suprise me to see him start another thread thats anti american in some way .

The FACTS are anti-American. The ACTIONS are anti-American. Talking about them is not anti-American. You follow?

FlyersFan:

Yeah, I have no doubt that the UN is ticked at America for cutting
off the illegal flow of $$$ and now the UN is speaking lies against
us .. and THERE you have it.

? Yeah, ignore the fact that all these accusations have actually been proven to have happened already at Abu Ghraib and other Iraqi detention facilities.

The International Red Cross is the only party allowed by the U.S. government to have access to prisoners and monitor their physical and mental health, but the organization is forbidden from making its findings public.

The five U.N. envoys are independent experts appointed by the U.N. Commission on Human Rights to examine arbitrary detention, torture, the independence of judges and lawyers, freedom of religion, and the right to physical and mental health.

You might find this difficult to imagine, but I will take the word of 5 UN envoys over yours or over the word or your lying, murderous scumbag of a President. He's lied to you before but you don't get it I suppose.

Just buy more of our Canadian beer and be quiet and be happy.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

(I am suspicious of any country that sells its people cheap, watered down beer)

[edit on 15-2-2006 by Jakomo]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Dude you just type "America+Dirt" and do the very same thing! Stinks when the shoe is on the other foot doesn't it? Please less don't let little things like facts get in the way of a good story!!

Actually I openup the Newspaper and just READ the Headlines - you know what they say? I do not see any Slovenian Slave Trafficking Rings - do you? I am sorry to interrupt this Empire, but I did not make these Events, I just showed you the Reports about them. I did not Torture nor Abuse these Detainees, nor did I write the Report - I have just showed you the news about it.

Thats the Difference between You and Me - I do not have to LOOK or SEARCH, the Dirt just floats on surface. You on the other side, are always trying really hard to find some dirt, yet you always end up on the short end. You know why? Because here in Slovenia there are no Abuses going on in Prisons that are filling the Headlins in world News.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Here we have an example of the real problem. Someone posts the findings of an international body accusing the US of torture and he's accused of being 'unamerican'.

My country right or wrong?

Clearly the US is violating international standards but the administration (and their apologists) are deaf to criticsm and immediately question the UN's methods / motives / even its right to comment rather than examine themselves.

As the Abu Ghraib photos (second set) show the US clearly has no respect for the human rights of those it has decided are not worthy and is determined not to change policy / conduct a full investigation, or punish those controlling / directing the policy.

Can the yee-hah's be 100% certain this brutal treatment will never be visited upon them by their own government if or when it decides they're not worthy too?

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Thats the Difference between You and Me - I do not have to LOOK or SEARCH, the Dirt just floats on surface. You on the other side, are always trying really hard to find some dirt, yet you always end up on the short end.

No, the difference between you and me is much more than you will ever know. For one thing I am capable of carrying on multible trains of thought, having varying interest here on ATS while you are very Ameriphobic. All your threads and post on ATS deal singularly with Anti-American propaganda. For another I only read your post to get a good laugh. For all your heart felt attempts at deflaming the USA, you really are an ameuteur incapable of a single original thought who can only cut and paste. Now as far as ending up on the short end of the stick. If we were drawing straws that may be a problem but if you are referring to the seemingly never ending flow of dirt coming from America as opposed to unimportant, overlooked and boring Slovenia, then I say only one must compare apples to apples and not apples to oranges. America is the Rome of her day and Slovenia is............ well less see with a population of just over 2 million, I would say that Slovenia has just as much maybe more corruption, vice, and dirt per capa than America, after all you are the white slave heaven of Europe. And if you don't think Slovenian women are being kidnapped and sold into slavery then I suggest you google search for a Slovenian bride and see what comes up. Either all the Slovenian women are being taken by force or they can't stand Slovenian men and want to come live in America with all her vices and corruption. Which reminds me of something else I haven't read about Slovenia.........what about the Slovenian immigration problem? Gotta be bummer huh? All those foreignors trying to move in. You know that in America, we have an estimated 20 million illegal aliens and thousands more coming everyday from every country in the world, including Slovenia! In the state I live in we have more illegal aliens than the entire population of your country. I mention this because with such an imflux of peoples comes the baggage. Usually in areas of high illegal populations comes high crime, which tends to scew the numbers a bit if you know what I mean, but then of course you don't do you? Your probably cutting and pasting your next Anti-American thread. Will have at it then so me and the gang down at the Rusty Pelican can have another good laugh at your expense! You the man!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

No, the difference between you and me

-[snip]-

...so me and the gang down at the Rusty Pelican can have another good laugh at your expense! You the man!

Hey D00D - whats that got to do with the Current Topic?

The Rest of my Replay to Your Post you can see in the U2U Box - since I am not that Kind as Certain People, who like to Share personal Opinions about other Members in a Thread called UN Report: US Is Abusing Captives.

Thank You!

Please Proceed to the Nearest Rusty Pelican!

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
WHOFLUNGGUM:

America is the Rome of her day and Slovenia is..........

Excellent analogy. Like Rome, the United States of America is a great bloated beast, only interested in the rest of the world for what it can get from it. Like Rome, the US is a consumer soceity. They don't produce any goods or services themselves, they have others (from the colonies) do the work and then they try to reap the benefits.

And, as eventually happened to Rome, the US is imploding due to its own flawed and biased system. Like Rome, its empire is fading, being overshadowed by the next big two (China and India).

And just like the Romans were, a large number of the US public is totally unaware of this, and when they realize it, it will probably get ugly....

And if you don't think Slovenian women are being kidnapped and sold into slavery then I suggest you google search for a Slovenian bride and see what comes up.

Are you implying that this type of thing never happens in the United States? Who do you think BUYS most of these brides?

Usually in areas of high illegal populations comes high crime, which tends to scew the numbers a bit if you know what I mean, but then of course you don't do you?

A racist, totally unsupported comment. Is that worldwide? Just in Ohio? Please post a link to the info that backs up this "theory" of yours.

Who do you think murders their own citizens more? Slovenians or Americans? Who has a higher percentage of convicted child molestors? Higher percentage of rapes and violent crimes per capita?

You know the answer.

jako

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Actually I openup the Newspaper and just READ the Headlines...

Dude if you're only reading the headlines and filling in the rest from your own mind, it's no wonder that your posts are so easily predicted, and dismissed. :shk:

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Actually I openup the Newspaper and just READ the Headlines - you know what they say? I do not see any Slovenian Slave Trafficking Rings - do you?

No but I do see slovania having its own torture problems :

web.amnesty.org...

AI reported the assault on a 23-year-old man in Šentjur-pri-Celju in November 2002 by a police officer who reportedly kicked him to the ground and jumped on his back with such force that he broke his collarbone. The man’s 19-year-old girlfriend was also reportedly beaten and threatened at the police station

Pot calling kettle....repeat pot calling kettle..

Oh one other little thing, about those "erased" people?

web.amnesty.org...
Isnt AI sooo useful?

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

..Hey D00D - whats that got to do with the Current Topic?

Everything, since you're whole purpose in life seems to be to make a case that America has gone off the loose end and doing something that is unheard off in modern times! Prisoner abuse, as horrible as it may be is nothing new and we certainly did not invent it. Whether or not the prisoners are being abused is of little interest to me, since I know for a fact that some have been. But there have been abuses on both sides and I'll take our abuses against their abuses any day of the week! Ever been to a beheading?

The Rest of my Replay to Your Post you can see in the U2U Box Captives].

No thanks, anything I have to say I will say in public. I have said nothing to this point that I consider non factual, after all the ATS motto is 'Deny Ignorance.' You think that I am attacking you personally, when all I am doing is pointing out that you are only cutting, pasting and baiting! I can prove my claim by simply doing a search of your post, but I don't feel it necessary since you and I both know it is true. I have nothing against you, just your obvious bias and your motus operandi. So by bringing up little diddies about your beloved Slovenia, I am trying to point out that Americas problems are not unigue to the world as some would try to make us believe. Show me one single conflict in history where there were not claims on both sides of abuse!

Thank You!

Please Proceed to the Nearest Rusty Pelican!

Cheers!

Thanks and I will do just that........

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Excellent analogy. Like Rome, the United States of America is a great bloated beast, only interested in the rest of the world for what it can get from it. Like Rome, the US is a consumer soceity. They don't produce any goods or services themselves, they have others (from the colonies) do the work and then they try to reap the benefits.

I was thinking about answering your post, but I just could not get past this first paragragh. Then I saw were you are from............ and now I can't stop laughing.
Sorry but do you ever stop and read what you write or does it just sort of happen? Honestly you and Souljah have got my sides hurting! Where's a good Nero when you need one? As we say down at the Rusty Pelican,"Don't let the screen door hit you in the butt on the way out!" I'm outta here, damn I'll be laughing all night.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Again, I have to ask where you guys are when one of your heroes blows themselves up in a crowded market. I might listen to you if you should the least bit of consistency. Instead you cherry pick the news that best suits your agenda of bringing the US down. If you really cared, you would be more outraged about their actions and realize that our actions are a blemish at best.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I wonder how many die or have been murdered from torture, hunger, violence in G.BAY...

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

As we say down at the Rusty Pelican,"Don't let the screen door hit you in the butt on the way out!" I'm outta here, damn I'll be laughing all night.

You know Buffett is a Kerry supporter, right? He played fundraisers for him when he ran for President.

LINK

If Jimmy had his way, Bush wouldn't be president, and we wouldn't be in this mess! So when you're at the Rusty Pelican, have a drink for Jimmy and John!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Actually I openup the Newspaper and just READ the Headlines - you know what they say? I do not see any Slovenian Slave Trafficking Rings - do you?

Human Trafficking Most Common Organised Crime in Slovenia

Here's your headline

And the youngster's hobby is cat killing. Should I post that headline?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Dude if you're only reading the headlines and filling in the rest from your own mind, it's no wonder that your posts are so easily predicted, and dismissed.

Dude, did I make those Headlines? Now, what exactly did I Fill in with my own mind here? Apparently Members do not have a Problem with US Torture - but they do have a problem with certain members, who deliver that story. Apparently that is A-OKEY.

Originally posted by devilwasp
No but I do see slovania having its own torture problems :

web.amnesty.org...

Cute.

I bet that there isn't a Country in this World, that would not have One or Several Police Brutality Reports - want me to start digging about the UK Police? Better yet, I guess the Thread entitled British Troops Videoed Beating Iraqi Teens apprently represents NO problem to you either - those Teens DESERVED it right? No Judge, No Jury - just Instant Punishment? You want to Promoto Peace and Stability in Iraq by Beating up young teenagers? Yep, that will sure Help to promote such Noble Causes!

Oh one other little thing, about those "erased" people?

web.amnesty.org...
Isnt AI sooo useful?

You really can not Stick to the Topic, can you? If you are so Worrited about that, why don't you open up your own Thread about that? I guess it just fits your Anti-Souljah Agenda, like the Rest of the members in this thread, that just can not stick to the Topic at all!

Anyway, if you People don't mind, here are some MORE Headlines about this CERTIAN topic, entitled UN Report: US Is Abusing Captives, that appeared in the Todays News:

Pentagon Rejects U.N. Guantanamo Bay Report

The Pentagon dismissed a United Nations report on Monday that criticized the United States for the conditions and treatment of detainees at Guantanamo Bay.

U.N.: U.S. Should Bring Detainees to Trial

GENEVA (AP) - All detainees being held by the United States at its detention center in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, should be brought to trial or released, the United Nations said in a report released Thursday.

The report, summarizing an investigation by five U.N. experts, called on the U.S. government "to close down the Guantanamo Bay detention center and to refrain from any practice amounting to torture or cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment.''

U.N. draft wants Guantanamo shut

A draft United Nations report criticizes U.S. treatment of detainees at Guantanamo Bay and recommends shutting down the military prison in Cuba.

The report calls for the U.S. government to close the jails "without further delay" -- citing various violations of human rights, including interrogation techniques that "amounted to torture," excessive violence against prisoners, and forced feeding of detainees.

The draft report, obtained Monday, also recommends in the interim that any "special interrogation techniques authorized by the Department of Defense should immediately be revoked."

BBC - UN calls for Guantanamo closure

One of the five investigators responsible for the report, UN special rapporteur on torture Manfred Nowak, said that the detention of inmates for years without charge amounted to arbitrary detention.

"Those persons either have to be released immediately or they should be brought to a proper and competent court and tried for the offences they are charged with," he told the BBC.

The report expresses concern at the use of excessive force during transportation and force-feeding through nasal tubes during hunger strikes, which it says amounts to torture.

MAIN RECOMMENDATIONS:
  • All detainees should be brought to trial or released
  • The camp should be closed
  • US should refrain from practice amounting to torture or cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment
  • Allegations of mistreatment should be investigated
  • Hunger-strikers should be monitored by health professionals and should not be force-fed

READ THE FULL UN-REPORT HERE

Goverment Approved Special Interrogation Techniqes?

No Trials?

UN Wants Guantanamo Shut down?

Now, these are some Serious Headlines, don't you think?

Naaaah!

Nothing to See here! Move Along! It's just Anti-American Propaganda!

[edit on 16/2/06 by Souljah]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Well, I'm from a "Western Country" and belong to a Western family, but thankfully not a yank. Anyway, I don't see how you rednecks can possibly claim that there is no abuse going on there, the evidence is laughingly RIGHT IN YOUR FACE!!

Photographic evidence is hard to argue with in my opinion.

Just because your despotic government says what they are doing is the right thing doesn't mean that it is you know. To be honest I'm absolutely ashamed that my country (Australia) is allied with and actively supports your course for global domination.

It's a sick sad world in many respects, but by far we mostly have the good ol U.S of A* holes to thank for that.

AMERICA =

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join