It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Pill Press: Above top Secret is Corrupt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Does ATS have a goal?

Deny Ignorance

So if you want to take a foto of my documents go ahead, take a snap shot.

heh. I've seen that advert on many many sites.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Does ATS have a goal?

Deny Ignorance

So if you want to take a foto of my documents go ahead, take a snap shot.

heh. I've seen that advert on many many sites.

It's not what it seems.
The link it's self is spy ware.
Just by clicking on the link and doing a scan with your own antivirus it will confirm, it's a trojan.
Why would any one sponsor a trojan on the main page.

Guess this days you cant trust any one.

[edit on 15-2-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
StJude, as you are a very new member, and there are those here who have been here for years, you'll excuse those of us who have been here since there was only a small handful of loose nuts hanging out stop for a moment and laugh right in your face!

and,

As the place is member driven and controlled for decency and legal stuff like plagerism, the assertion would be that we are all feds.

Please.

You know, I have written teh same stuff recently. I remember this because I remember feeling a bit depressed when I am forced to write the obvious on a board with members of this caliber. Most members can think through past the surface to know what I am saying without me having to actually type it.
Also, most members do not post a 1-liner and link thread starter. Tsk-tsk.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Submit a complaint then. The mods will check it out and attempt to remove it.

Click this link at the top of the page.

Thanks for the warning though I never click those types of ads NEway as I got adaware and other stuff like that. I also have Flashblocker and other stuff like that. Firefox is your friend

[edit on 15-2-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, those ads run at random and are not hosted on this site. So we don't have that much control over the ads that run on the site. In fact, if you use a cookie prompt you'll see that all of those ads are from special advertisment website. And if I'm not mistaken Admin can request (to the ad-hosts) for certain ads not to be shown though.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Guess this days you cant trust any one.

Why would you come to this site at all if you think it's corrupt, untrustworthy and trying to scan your computer?

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If all you paranoids would notice...

about 3/4th of the way thru the replys between our admins, and the idiot "Ark" (mods please excuse comment)
they confirm Arks address... (to send him something??? a summons perhaps)

If someone slanders you or libels you in such a way that it affects your income, then they are responsible for:
1). proving the things they are saying are true. (which can't be done here)
2). You are responsible for whatever moneys are lost due to the lies...

I suspect that the admins are not getting involved here, due to a bigger settlement possible, as long as they aren't "egging it on".

So essentially, they are right about one thing... this board makes some money... which has been affected... (but not its only reason for being).

BTW... to any old time ATS'ers... remember all the appeals to click the ads back in the early days (to help pay for the server)... we dont need to anymore apparently... since the work of our admins has increased the money flow to respectable levels without having to pander for clicks...

But you do see the ADS dont you? you do see the effort put forth by SO and Springer to keep this site popular and profitable?
If they were cointelpro, they would just smuggle heroin or sell arms to pay for the site... (in true cointelpro style
)

[edit on 15-2-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

StJude, as you are a very new member, and there are those here who have been here for years, you'll excuse those of us who have been here since there was only a small handful of loose nuts hanging out stop for a moment and laugh right in your face!

Now ok

Other people I have spoken to have discussed the horrendous and holy than thou attitude of Thomas Crowne but this is my first experience.

I merely posted something I found when I was looking for information on Cassiopea.

Why rubbish me, I thought this link would be interesting to everyone on the site and thats why I posted it.

I've learnt from past mistakes and shall now go to the superiors with a complaint.

You see no wonder people have issues with this site, when they trust people like him.

[edit on 15-2-2006 by StJude]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by StJude
Why would someone go to such time and effort to rubbish the name of the site?

Seems a rather pointless exercise if there is nothing in it.

Looks like you answered your own question...

Why rubbish you? No one is trying to do that. But, honestly man, lots of us were here on april 1st of that year, it was an APRIL FOOLS JOKE! It appeared on the board, and there were all these notices saying that there were no moderators anymore and the board had been taken over, and then there were all these posts from mods talking like they were CIA agents, etc etc. Man, it was a joke. Why the hell would admin try to 'cover it up' by saying it was a joke, they'd delete it and you'd never have heard of it! Every single peice of the April fools joke says "April Fools" on it too! These people pushing the cointelpro stuff didn't even bother to look at the whole page! Even if they dismissed it like you did (that is, without reason or sense), they'd've still at least mentioned it! But there is no mention of the 'april fools' joke, even as a 'cover', because they were too lazy and ineffective to even see it sitting right on the page! Yeesh!
All they are doing is spamming with mulitple blogs that replicate their entries/rants like a memetic virus.

[edit on 15-2-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong you do see the effort put forth by SO and Springer to keep this site popular and profitable?
If they were cointelpro, they would just smuggle heroin or sell arms to pay for the site... (in true cointelpro style
)

smuggling heroin and arms dealing is illegal so you need a front to ensure that the ill gotten gains can be laundered and using the money won't be a hindrance.

thus, you set up a site, pretend that the ads are there for the server, then claim that the revenue stream is such that members of the site won't be forced to view the pop ups when, in reality, the revenue from the ads is actually money from a shell corporation that is controlled by another shell etc.

click on some of the links and you will find that they are nothing more than time wasting "false" sites. Win a playstation3? the thing ain't out yet.
mortgage rates hit record lows? like a year ago.....
so, these "ads" are fake and the revenue stream is a lie and the three amigos are really cia shills and Springer is also anon the serpite and SO? please, he's Dick Cheney.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I used to have issues with the way TC conducted himself on this board and actually submitted complaints about him as well so you will not be the first

I believed it was about his constant harping about France and the French the last time heh.

But after looking at some other boards on this subject matter and how their moderators conduct themselves, like Censoring any "offtopic" threads contrary to the beliefs of the board staff ATS is the best. They Censor nothing that goes contrary to their personal beliefs. They may act "Holier then thou" at times but they don't abuse their power to silence their critics. They usually just post that "Moderates are People too" thread in their signature.

When I got to understand where he was coming from then I just ignore and turn the other cheek. :shrug:

so, these "ads" are fake and the revenue stream is a lie and the three amigos are really cia shills and Springer is also anon the serpite and SO? please, he's Dick Cheney.

and

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I love April fools on ATS! I remember the year that they put a Department of Homeland Security banner up on the front page of the forum...oh, all hell broke loose! It got so crazy up in here. People were renouncing their membership left and right. I don't remember which year that was...'03 maybe. Maybe '02...some older members help me out here. God, was it that long ago?

oh well it was best ATS April fools joke ever!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Gee, I am really sorry, StJude.
It isn't your fault, it is just that I suffer from an allergy.
Trust me, being allergic to ignorance is quite annoying. Anti-histamines have no affect.

Seems you'd rather attack the messenger than take in the info and drive on. Typical of allergens.

Please, have a nice day, and don't forget the complaint.

Saphie, I really thought people were going to burn down ATS over that little stunt. That taught me one valuable lesson - steer clear of such insanity. There are people in our community who get downright ILL over such things.

[edit on 15-2-2006 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Other people I have spoken to have discussed the horrendous and holy than thou attitude of Thomas Crowne but this is my first experience.

That was nothing, sweetie. In my experience, with TC, you have to either laugh it off or ignore it completely. I have been gored by TC several times and so has my husband. It hurts. But you just gotta learn to let it go because he ain't changin'

And just between you and me? Under that rough, mean, hateful exterior is a big soft and cuddly teddy bear. Just so you know.
And I have grown quite fond of him. But don't tell him that!!!

I've learnt from past mistakes and shall now go to the superiors with a complaint.

It won't do any good.
I've done it! But go ahead.

I'm sorry you feel bad about what TC said, and we've all been there. I hope you can get over it and learn how to take his punches. He's a gruff old coot, but he does have a heart. You just have to look real hard to find it.
There's one in every family. And ATS is no exception.

And, by the way, I think it's vital to bring up the kind of issue that you started this thread with. We're supposed to be looking at all sides of the story, keeping open minds and thinking critically about everything. Even ATS.

Good job

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Don't forget to post the "Moderators are People too" in your siggy Thomas

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The real interesting thing is that IIRC, that same article is hosted on SOTT. Why are they passing this material around to be posted on blogs?

What should really make you wonder St. Jude, is why the people in that article seem to know so much about COINTELPRO.

IMO, ATS would be pretty worthless for the government. It's probably much easier for them to control blogs like SOTT, and red pill press.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeftBehind
IMO, ATS would be pretty worthless for the government. It's probably much easier for them to control blogs like SOTT, and red pill press.

I wouldn't say that. Look at how many Neocons who post on ATS frothing at the mouth to take Iran out. Some of those people are probably in the employ of a government agency. In fact I believe SO have already confirmed that .gov domains do show up in the IP log so I wouldn't be surprised if there were some spooks on ATS posing as regular members.

ATS is a usefull site because the staff don't censor anything. Well anything that isn't illigal or goes against the Terms and Conditions of the site that is.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Well now, two people have made comments so I must as well. If you were to listen to one of his podcasts (hey, we need more TC) you will understand that the man has a huge sense of humor and not everyone gets it...I understand that.

Keep in mind St. Jude, he was only talking about ATS history and not "dressing you down" in any way with his comments.

Thomas has been and will be the same person. He has never changed. Outspoken? Yes. Straight forward? Yes. Great guy? Also yes.

I say, sit back a bit and get to know him. Just as you wouldn't like a "snapshot" judgement on yourself, give him that same benefit. Understand that sometimes we have to help members keep to the rules, but look at it from the point that we all WANT people to be here. Rules are made for the enjoyment of all.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think what Jude might need is a big peice of cheesecake. He can eat it while hunting up another shallow-minded waste of space by Laura and drag it here.
It isn't my fault that the thing about him that triggers my allergies also causes him to miss the tongue-in-cheek response, or the fact that, unlike him, many of us didn't trip onto this site a few weeks ago and are very well aware of the roots of the place. It also doesn't seem to take much more than an elemntary school student to realize that the board has threads brought here by the MEMBERS, not the ownership. This being said, and using his own logic and that of our dear friend, Laura (excuse me while I sneeze), to which government agency does HE belong?

Pardon me while I get some Kleen-X . I feel a bad sneezing fit coming on.

[edit on 15-2-2006 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I just wana get to know Laura...........she seems a very beautiful person.
And all the beautiful things she can tell us, in the end you have to dig up for jokes like this just to find out if they are real.
ATS moderators must know Laura(in order to be a joke)is she real?or is she a made up fiction caracter ?

If she would be real and this is a joke i guess the joke falls on her and i dont know if any one would like that even using their name

On second thought what if this is not a joke
you may never know until you mail Laura

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join