It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Pill Press: Above top Secret is Corrupt

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Most of the threads here at ATS are fun, entertaining, good for a few yuks and light hearted banter. This one has my attention though!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Teehee!

It was my first April fools on ATS.

About the mocking thing..... dont be stupid.... not worth it, trust me!

Oni x x

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Merci Lazarus the long

Well I am actually please that ATS has a sarcastic edge, we should all get on infamously.

So from what I can gather:

1. This is all an elaborate hoax that Laura Knight ( or someone else) latched upon and embellished.

2. Laura Knight ( or someone going by the name) is a mentalist who talks to talks to Aliens through her TV set

3.Thomas Crowne has a Cheese Cake Fetish

Then again as Lazarus points out this is a website for the Criminally parnoid so just for a bit of fun let me pose this question to you.

Q If you were a Govenment agency who wanted to information on what the people are thinking, how close they are getting to certain truthes or how extreme their views are would you pose as a poster on ATS to gather all this free and well collected information?

Now hopefully the answer to that is yes because that would be the smart thing to do. I have no doubt that this and other conspiracy websites are checked out, either now and again or on a regular basis if they are not then the Powers that be should be hiring more creative and astute minions.

It would be stupid for an agency to set up this website because such is the power and chatter of the net there are lot of Paranoid stoner surfers out there who will investigate the true origins of ATS in their own free time and sooner or later they would be found out.

However, If they are stupid enough not to pose as characters on this site they may be stupid enough to set up a website and employ a team to run it and collect the data.

"It's such a fine line between clever....and stupid" ( Dave St Hubbins)

And the funny things is the more staff you employ to be characters the more weight and power they will have.

For example: A guy posts a thread about some Iranian conspiracy and 3 "real" people post and agree and 13 "Mooks" ( ATS spooks) disgaree and twist the argument in their favour.

All very paranoid stuff I agree, but not so Impossible or Inplausable.

I'm sure this has been covered but I'm sure it will crop up again, after all, this is the village of the Conspiracy Freak and what better Conpiracy then the Conspiracy behind the Conspiracy behind the Conspiracy.....ahem.

Anyway... I supose the next logical step would be to find out who exactly Laura Knight is and what her motivations are.

PS. Netchicken, calm down, have a glass of milk and a sandwich you're getting your feathers flustered for nothing.

Jeez some people, rattle their cage and they sing like a canary

[edit on 15-2-2006 by StJude]

[edit on 15-2-2006 by StJude]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This is a good place to play games,
with the cops.

That's about all I see the majority of the moderators and 'sr' members of this forum doing... playing games with people.

There is no goal here other than to get all of the members to conform to the ATS T&C 'bible' while they are trying to express themselves.

It's the ultimate form of mind control, and the best part is that we are willing to be 'moderated' at such extreme levels because ATS is advertised as the biggest controversy site on the web.
The funny thing about that is, nobody discusses controversial issues here unless it is about UFO , Aliens, or the 'radical Islamic' people.
Things that either do not exist, or only exist in insignificant numbers.

If this forum has any goals other than getting everybody to conform to the ATS T&C Bible while they post information here, please tell me.
and if the only other goal is to "deny ignorance",
I don't want to hear it.

Anyway, I like funking with the law.
This is a good place for that!

jj

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Submersible
There is no goal here other than to get all of the members to conform to the ATS T&C 'bible' while they are trying to express themselves.

Hey man, what's the weather like up there on the soap box? You omitted one little thing from that rant, the T&C bible THAT YOU AGREED TO! Don't like the way ATS is run? Don't let the door hit you on the.......

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hey whats wrong with being a "Paranoid stoner surfer ?" careful man! I do quite well in life and in my own paranoia! and Jude you seem to be a pretty smart person so why try to anger the Mods anymore than they already are! This is a free site and if they are a government agency then I'm sure (I hope) one of the many ultra-smart Paranoid stoner surfers would be able to figure that out long before now!

Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I used Paranoid stoned surfers to describe myself dear boy.

I'm sure ATS is relatively Stoner Free

I'm not trying to anger people I'm trying to enter into discussions..nothing more, nothing less.

Peace out

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by StJude
So from what I can gather:

1. This is all an elaborate hoax that Laura Knight ( or someone else) latched upon and embellished.

2. Laura Knight ( or someone going by the name) is a mentalist who talks to talks to Aliens through her TV set

3.Thomas Crowne has a Cheese Cake Fetish

1) Yes, a hoax.

2) Nope, she uses a ouija board and lots of cigarettes.

3) If you've seen her, then you know Laura must have a HUGE cheesecake fetish. As in the 2 or 3 at one sitting type fetish.

You'd think her alien friends would channel for her to quit smoking and try some exercise.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

T&C

You mean this "bible"? Where in it does it enforce certain viewpoints? I don't see it anywhere.
If you want an unmoderated forum where anything goes, go to the Yahoo forums.

I'm sure ATS is relatively Stoner Free

Now THAT was funny! You're getting the hang of it. Please do not book out of ATS before April 1st though. You will see even more jokes heh.

[edit on 15-2-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

If this forum has any goals other than getting everybody to conform to the ATS T&C Bible while they post information here, please tell me.

You mean the fact that we encourage people to express themselves in a civilized manner, without insulting others, without using foul language, or that sort of thing?

Yep, guilty as charged. In fact, thanks, on behalf of all the staff, for noticing that one of our goals is to encourage the membership to conform to the T&C (also known as being civil to one another) while posting information here. The truth is about 99% of the members here don't need it and do a fine job of being civil on their own which can be proven by the fact that applauses FAR outnumber warns.

Gosh, and I thought you just didn't get it.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
"mooks" or "spods" thats funny!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
All I'm trying to say is why anger people with something that has already be proven false. It would be very interesting and everyone would be all over this, had there been any validity to what was being said. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm speaking for the mods, but when i saw this thread I was all over it. When I actually read it and (did a little research) I realized it to be what it really is crap! Anyone who reads the responces from that ari anki kiki or whoever they are (I think they even had DR. before there name) can clearly see this person was clearly trying the bait the ATS mods into looking fishy and I think the mods did a great job responding.
So sorry to offened anyone but I'm off to something interesting maybe hunting with cheney!

Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The problem with the idea that this site is run by the govt. is that practically every viewpoint gets posted here, and gets an 'airing.' Much of the stuff is anti-establishment in one direction or another.

The historical COINTELPRO of the FBI during Vietnam was finally scaled back because, while it derailed threats to the govt like SDS and the black panthers, it actually stirred up legions of middle class white kids in the suburbs who got radicalized.

I was politically active in college, and observed first hand how the govt runs a "vacuum cleaner" pseudo-dissent program to moderate critiques of foreign policy. And it was much more "directional" that ATS. When a friend pointed out how we were always being "steered" into violent/useless/offensive PR stunts, a whole group of us instantly knew we were being had. I don't get a vibe of anything like that on ATS. Profit? of course. Pro-govt. spin? quite the opposite.

ATS promotes diversity and kookism, instead of controlling or domesticating it.

About the only service ATS would provide the establishment would be if, when you got on the site, a key-logger would turn in the domains you had visited. That would be handy for tracking the reading tastes of individual posters, and ATS wouldn't even necesarilly know that they were being "used" this way. In such a case, it wouldn't affect the vast majority of muggles that browse here, or even the content of most of your posts.

[fnord]

You never read that last paragraph.

[/fnord]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Submersible

Hey man, what's the weather like up there on the soap box? You omitted one little thing from that rant, the T&C bible THAT YOU AGREED TO! Don't like the way ATS is run? Don't let the door hit you on the.......

You are already starting to sound like a Muslim.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
While I agree that the link in the origional post, and it's assumptions, are probably just fluff; there was one piece that did concern me.

In regards to Mark's e-mail:

www.redpillpress.com.au...
My partners and I have spent the last several years building that site and have NEVER received a nickel from ANY government, never been asked to do ANYTHING for or by ANY government and NEVER WILL.
(bolded by me)

While I certainly don't consider ATS, itself, as "COINTELPRO".

This is in direct conflict with an e-mail between Mark and Bill Ryan posted here:

xmb.stuffucanuse.com...
ATS has had interactions with DIA officials before (as part of the Juniper-3 program, which we may discuss at a later time)

These two sources/statements are in direct opposition, so someone's definately NOT being truthful.

In Mark's defense, the latter e-mail linked also states

At this point, we must investigate that possibility to ensure that our membership is not the subject of a government intelligence plan.
(bolded by me)

[edit on 2/15/06 by redmage]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums

You mean the fact that we encourage people to express themselves in a civilized manner, without insulting others, without using foul language, or that sort of thing?

Yep, guilty as charged. In fact, thanks, on behalf of all the staff, for noticing that one of our goals is to encourage the membership to conform to the T&C (also known as being civil to one another) while posting information here. The truth is about 99% of the members here don't need it and do a fine job of being civil on their own which can be proven by the fact that applauses FAR outnumber warns.

Gosh, and I thought you just didn't get it.

If proving you wrong and that what you just posted is a load of crap was constructive, I would go get a handfull of post that makes what you just said come from the mouth of a hypocrite.
Your goal here is to allow what YOU determine as civilized discussion, as long as it doesn't offend you... then it's ok.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
What I want to know is, if this is true, WHERE'S MY DAMN PAYCHECK????

Check with your boss, if the world's major banks and refinancing companies are advertising here... you SHOULD be getting something!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Your goal here is to allow what YOU determine as civilized discussion, as long as it doesn't offend you... then it's ok.

Believe me, nothing you've said has offended anyone. It's actually somewhat funny considering the fact that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Rather like an experiment in Sociology where a person visits a community he's never been to and passes judgement within minutes as to how his way is better.

I think they call those people ignorant, close minded and shallow.

Hey good luck with that.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
it's better than being a hypocrite.

"You mean the fact that we encourage people to express themselves in a civilized manner, without insulting others, without using foul language, or that sort of thing? "

Or is this one of those "do as I say, not as I do" situations?

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Is the goal here to continue to make baseless accusations, get answers from numerous people, ignore what they have to say and return to your baseless accusations?

As far as I can tell that's really all you're doing, meaning my replies are nothing more than typing practice for me since you're not paying attention anyways.

Well, thanks Mavis Beacon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join