It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush President Forever?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackhumvee113

Originally posted by iori_komei
Could'nt be that they just left it blank to be changed later when he stops being president, like if he quits or gets impeached?

Do these kinds of things usualy have the date of there last year of presidency?

exactly what i was thinking

I guess they learned from when Vandevelde had a 5 stroke lead on the last hole of the British Open. They started to engrave his name in the cup, because it was so obvious he would win.

well, he lost, and they had to remove his name and add another.

I bet its even harder to change numbers in stone than silver.

beside, bush is just a figure head, a puppet. the cabal will just rule through Jeb Bush or Condi Rice, or the next puppet

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
never...Bush is not human, all of those congress people, and illuminati people are reptilians in human form!!! *sounds absolutely off the wall doesn't it?* lol, but it's true.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
lol, as off the wall as someone who confuses Jackie and Hillary

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Who's Jackie and Hillary? Do you believe me? I am not sure if I believe it...lolXD, but i do know for sure that reptilians exist.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I posted a thread exactly like this one but it was moved to another forum.
I've had this feeling for a long time that President Bush will be the last president of The United States of America.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
has no one realized just how incredibly difficult it would be for any president to take unilateral control of this country? First he/she would have to convince the military, the various federal law enforcment goups, not to mention Congress to go along with it. Then comes the truely impossible part of this whole silly idea, convincing the American people to go along.

Oh but he'd use UN troops or somesuch nonsence. So what, in case many here haven't noticed, most Americans don't have a whole lot of backdown in them.

In closing I'd like to add. Not a prayer of it ever happening. With Bush or otherwise.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitelightwolf
Who's Jackie and Hillary? Do you believe me? I am not sure if I believe it...lolXD, but i do know for sure that reptilians exist.

you posted in another thread that hillary jumped on the trunk of the car when JFK was assassinated. We are eagerly waiting for your photo evidence of a shapeshifter

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Wow... talk about jumping to conclusions!

As someone who's cousin is the owner of a fairly well known collection of presidential memorabilia I feel it my duty to inform you all of a common practice (I called him when I saw this thread).

When an item is made DURING a president's term they will absolutely NEVER put the end date on it.

Now he mentioned to me that there are two different options available. Something of a souvenier for example could receive a 2001-present on it, for example a mug with all the presidents on it, or a placemat (I've seen both).

However, something to be permanently displayed (for example the item in the story) will not be engraved with 2001-present as they do not wish to have to remove "present" from a bust, which is not an easy task. They also will not put the end date in due to the fact that the US government does not employ sculptors that dabble in prophecy.

The accepted practice is ONLY to leave it blank until the term is up, and then finish it off then.

According to my cousin there's nothing unusual about that, and it's the same under all presidents.

Just a little alarmist aren't we?

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
GW Bush has served two terms...but Daddy Bush only served one term.....so he can try again in 2008 !! then after that Jeb Bush will make his play......it Bushes as far as you can see.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
has no one realized just how incredibly difficult it would be for any president to take unilateral control of this country? First he/she would have to convince the military, the various federal law enforcment goups, not to mention Congress to go along with it. Then comes the truely impossible part of this whole silly idea, convincing the American people to go along.

Oh but he'd use UN troops or somesuch nonsence. So what, in case many here haven't noticed, most Americans don't have a whole lot of backdown in them.

In closing I'd like to add. Not a prayer of it ever happening. With Bush or otherwise.

Is it just me or has he already achieved most of this already?
America is actually living in constant fear of an imagined threat, the American people hang onto his every word and their sense of patriotism will be their downfall.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I would really love to understand how anyone here could think a two term president of whatever political bent could get away with taking dictatorial control of the country by arbitraily abolishing the 22nd amendment to the constitution.

I would rather we didn't have to consider it.

Remember that the military all take oaths that require them to protect (I am paraphrasing here, so bear with me) and defend the constitution, and country against ALL enemies foriegn and domestic. A president doing this would immeadiately qualify as such. All the military personel that I know, both current and past would never, ever stand for it. They would be well within their rights to refuse any orders originating from such a would be despot.

Ah, but what if the constitution were changed, i.e. the Patriot Act, and the proposed Patriot Act II?

Soldiers are first and foremost citizens of this country. The guardians of freedom, etc..., not robots who are answerable to their programming.

This is true, they are first and foremost citizens of this country, and second
most robots who are answerable to their programming. Excuse me but
have you ever seen, or heard what boot camp is like, and subsequent
military duty. Do not question your superior officers!
Also, have you seen, or heard of how smart the average grunt is in the
military?
Also, have you seen, or heard of what happens to the intelligent officers
who disobey commands from the top? Words like court martial, enemy
combatant, and execution come to mind.

Not to mention what the civilian response would be, myself amongst them.
Large scale protest to dwarf anything during the Vietnam War.

This is great! Except for the concept that the Patriot Act II brings into play,
in which you may be considered a terrorist for protesting, and stripped of
your citizenship, and tried as a no citizenship having schlub... then
executed. Heil Bush!

Now for the bust, how can you say when Mr. Bush will leave office until he does? Easier to do it after the fact, than before it in case something untoward happens.

This is true. You get 1 point out of 5.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Martial Law could easily be imposed via any major disaster. Example
being Martial Law in NO following Katrina. Imagine a few suitcase nukes
going off.
Once Martial Law is in place, it is very easy to perpetuate. The mind is very
easily distorted by power trips. Please reference this article on The Stanford Prison Experiment.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
They might've just left it off because the term simply isn't up yet, and it'd be inappropriate to fill it in. It could just as easily be argued that it means that they are going to assasinate him before the term is up, or force an impeachment, etc.

As far as repealing the presidential term limits, that proposed ammendment is sponsored by:

Congressman Steny H. Hoyer (D - MD)
and co-sponsored by:

Congressman Howard Berman, (D-Ca)
Congressman Martin Sabo (D-Mn)
Congressman Frank Pallone, Jr. (D-NJ)
Congressman F. James Sensenbrenner (R - WI)

And the last action taken on it was in April of 2005 when it was sent to a subcomittee where it seems to have died.

I strongly suspect that the democratic party isn't looking to install Bush as Perpetual President.

But I agree looking at it like that gives ya a hooky feeling!

[edit on 15-2-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
99.999% impossible of him being President forever.

This topic has been beaten to death over the years
i even looked into it, but someone was kind enough to explain it to me

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Bush as our president FOREVER?

We could only hope!

Show me someone else that will take the terrorism battle to the enemy.

Clinton, didn't
Cheney, no
Gore, don't get me started
Fiengold, no
Kerry, what a joke

It is sad but true that come the next election our beloved GWB will not be able to run again. ( The entire world needs to pay special attention to this special man and learn a thing or two )

The only hope we have of continuing our reign of power and military superiority is that we elect Jeb Bush and let his big brother and George SR run things from behind the scenes.

Oh what a glorious time that will be for us all, as a nation and a world!

- One Man Short

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Man Short of Manhood
Bush as our president FOREVER?

We could only hope!

Show me someone else that will take the terrorism battle to the enemy.

Clinton, didn't
Cheney, no
Gore, don't get me started
Fiengold, no
Kerry, what a joke

It is sad but true that come the next election our beloved GWB will not be able to run again. ( The entire world needs to pay special attention to this special man and learn a thing or two )

The only hope we have of continuing our reign of power and military superiority is that we elect Jeb Bush and let his big brother and George SR run things from behind the scenes.

Oh what a glorious time that will be for us all, as a nation and a world!

- One Man Short

Show me someone else who would bring "terrorism" to
this country.
At the very least, GWB let 9/11 happen.
At the very most he caused it.
Wake up.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
We don't haave to consider the abolishment of the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution because, just as with adopting a new amendment, abolishing one takes a 2/3 majority of the states favoring it. Lottsa luck.

Robots answerable to their programming? How very condesending of you. Just how many soldiers, past or present, do you know anyway? Not very many obviously, or you wouldn't be making such a silly statement. Boot Camp teaches physical and mental discipline and teamwork within a militarized enviroment.

The average "grunt", to use your word, is, in this day and age of computers and other high-tech wizardy, usually highly intelligent, reasonably articulate, and motivated to serve his/her country. Mindless drones they are not.

As for what happens to an officer who disobeys an order. Yes they do indeed possibly face various sanctions, up to, but not neccessarily including court martial proceedings. In pointing this out, you've made my point for me inadvertently. Officers of any rank and time in service are Obligated by the very oath they take to disobey any order they deem to be illegal. The consequences can indeed be dire, but their honor demands no less.

The moment when they, they being Bush and company I'd guess, begin to strip citizenship from protestors, is the moment the Third American Revoulution would begin.

But since the 22nd Amendment isn't going to be abolished, this is really a moot point.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

all that is not nessessary.....all bush has to do is activate Martial Law then he has TOTAL control over the entire U.S. PERIOD ! Once that is done its off to the detainment camps for all who are not going to be part of the NWO.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
All by his little ol' self? Has nothing I've written sunk in? Without the military, there is NO martial law.

I've known many soldiers, past and present, and not ONE of them would go along with a nationwide martial law inactment. What's more, they'd probably be in the forfront of the protest against one.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I've known many soldiers, past and present, and not ONE of them would go along with a nationwide martial law inactment. What's more, they'd probably be in the forfront of the protest against one.

No need for U.S. Troops....currently right now in the U.S. there are HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of U.N. troops ready for Martial Law.

All it would take is a small change in the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 and its all over but the crying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join