It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

guess what??? yep major storm next weekend!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
They are calling for snow here in the K.C. area for Sunday and Monday. What do you think?

maybe a little snow/freezing rain..... but not enough to worry about

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmocha

Originally posted by l0rds0fcha0s
update... Lokks as of now the rain snow line will be from extreme NW ohio west... there will be a changover in ohio wv and pa but it doesnt look like there will be much moisture left in the storm.. i will update in the morn when the models come out

what are you forecasting for the Boston area?
I had to cancell my sons birthday party sunday, have rescheduled it for this sunday. realy don't want to cancell again

the bday party is on.... you could see a little rain, but it's unlikely... it will be cold however

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

update... Lokks as of now the rain snow line will be from extreme NW ohio west... there will be a changover in ohio wv and pa but it doesnt look like there will be much moisture left in the storm.. i will update in the morn when the models come out

what are you forecasting for the Boston area?
I had to cancell my sons birthday party sunday, have rescheduled it for this sunday. realy don't want to cancell again

thank you very much
i trust you more than those idiots on tv.

the bday party is on.... you could see a little rain, but it's unlikely... it will be cold however

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

thank you very much

Why would you trust this forecast more then what is shown on TV?

Look at the title of the thread and the first post

A little clipper system coming out of canada will plunge south next thursday- friday.... the storm will draw lage amounts of moisture from the gulf, then head north... central ohio, eastern ohio, all of pa, and the east coast will be effected...

and now he is just forecasting what every other weather man has forecasted since last week, rain. His forecast actually changed several times to fit what all the other weathermen forecast a week ago.

If you really want to know what the weather will be for any certain day then read the forecast the day before. Weather and patterns change drastically and no one has control over it so no one can make long term forecast because they are really only guesses.

And just because someone says they pay $1000.00 a year for access to weather maps doesn't make them a weatherman just as owning a plane doesn't necessarily make you a pilot.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lanotom

thank you very much

A little clipper system coming out of canada will plunge south next thursday- friday.... the storm will draw lage amounts of moisture from the gulf, then head north... central ohio, eastern ohio, all of pa, and the east coast will be effected...

and now he is just forecasting what every other weather man has forecasted since last week, rain. His forecast actually changed several times to fit what all the other weathermen forecast a week ago.

If you really want to know what the weather will be for any certain day then read the forecast the day before. Weather and patterns change drastically and no one has control over it so no one can make long term forecast because they are really only guesses.

And just because someone says they pay $1000.00 a year for access to weather maps doesn't make them a weatherman just as owning a plane doesn't necessarily make you a pilot.

don't you have anything better to do?
why do you feel the need to try to discredit loc? do you have a personal
vendetta against him?
I have not seen any consistent reports on this next "storm"
the fact that his forecast has changed only tells me that he's not afraid
to admit when he's wrong, only that he's willing to make adjustments and
corrections when necessary
I can see why he has muted you.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The intention was not to discredit, but if one must act like they are putting out facts when they report then they should be able to back them up, especially when saying something that could cause certain individuals undue stress.

Just because he followed a storm that every other weatherman predicted does not make him Joe Weather. If he would have gotten this one "even close" then I would have given him credit but his forecast was way off.

Now you're muted.

thank you very much

don't you have anything better to do?
why do you feel the need to try to discredit loc? do you have a personal
vendetta against him?
I have not seen any consistent reports on this next "storm"
the fact that his forecast has changed only tells me that he's not afraid
to admit when he's wrong, only that he's willing to make adjustments and
corrections when necessary
I can see why he has muted you.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Lanotom

...but a measure of civility goes a long way.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Lanotom

maybe I missed something... i dont get it.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Lanotom

maybe I missed something... i dont get it.

He was politely asking lanotom to ack civil.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
yea he wouldnt have given me credit either, why. check the blizzrd thread and look at the comment he made about how if i got that forecast right he would give me thumbs up or something along those lines i took him off iggy to see what he had to say, but now he goes back on ignore....
Buh bye..
and to all of you who know my website url I ask of you to not give it to lanotom... and btw I canged my forecast once.
and i also stated on my post at the beginning that alot of changes could happen in a week.

[edit on 15-2-2006 by l0rds0fcha0s]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

the first one hasnt came yet, but I'm ready to do something I have never done.
predict a storm 8 days away... so you guys need to work to keep this thread open!!!!
I'm not going to give any amouts yet.... but I will say ohio and PA will be hit the hardest.
the latest model really show this storm intensifying as it moves north....
You heard it here first....

this is still 8 days away, and alot can change before then

[edit on 10-2-2006 by l0rds0fcha0s]

[edit on 10-2-2006 by l0rds0fcha0s]

but guess what i believe there is a major storm as i said... and i also sid alot could change and it did.... the snow is further west..

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Am I not civil. Puh leassse...

I have every right to voice my opinion just as LOC has every right to post his weather predictions. If he's right he's right, if he's wrong then he's wrong, it's that simple. This time around he was off.

Lanotom

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Am I not civil. Puh leassse...

I have every right to voice my opinion just as LOC has every right to post his weather predictions. If he's right he's right, if he's wrong then he's wrong, it's that simple. This time around he was off.

Lanotom

was wrong about the locations.. right about the winter storm... just is further west... and It's not very smary to mouth off to the forum subject matter expert. and btw your lack of intellegence doesnt bother me any longer ..keep posting ignorance and i'll keep ignoring it.... lates

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Nice try at initiating an argument but it won't work with me son.
When you have as I do a Bachelor's Degree in Atmospheric Science then come argue with me.

Take a look at Post Number:1989124, no edits since posted and the forecast is correct.

was wrong about the locations.. right about the winter storm... just is further west... and It's not very smary to mouth off to the forum subject matter expert. and btw your lack of intellegence doesnt bother me any longer ..keep posting ignorance and i'll keep ignoring it.... lates

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
still thinking snow for the north east l0rds?
today was beautiful (in a spring-y way. like 50 and sunny)
so i was just wondering what you think...

thanks

-untermir

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Keep it on topic guys or this thread will be locked, storm or not.

Let's not discuss eachvother but look at the veracity of the claims.

Last warning.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Ok, starting to get excited now. Looks like you may have only been off a few days, l0rds0fcha0s.

NOAA is indicating a chance of snow for President's Day (Monday the 20th) and Tuesday the 21st here in the DC area. Right now only a 30% chance, but lots can change in 5/6 days. I hope it is a repeat of the President's Day snow storm back in 2003.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCFusion
Ok, starting to get excited now. Looks like you may have only been off a few days, l0rds0fcha0s.

NOAA is indicating a chance of snow for President's Day (Monday the 20th) and Tuesday the 21st here in the DC area. Right now only a 30% chance, but lots can change in 5/6 days. I hope it is a repeat of the President's Day snow storm back in 2003.

That snow has been in the forcast for a couple days now (and it has nothing to do with the storm in the midwest that lords was talking about).
The way it's looking now, it's definately not going to be a repeat of 2003. I wish though...
They say 30% now because it is 4+ days away. As each day passes the % will go up.

As in the other thread, I know I'll probably get yelled at for saying this

but, it's too early to say how much snow we'll see.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Originally posted by DCFusion

That snow has been in the forcast for a couple days now (and it has nothing to do with the storm in the midwest that lords was talking about).
The way it's looking now, it's definately not going to be a repeat of 2003. I wish though...
They say 30% now because it is 4+ days away. As each day passes the % will go up.

As in the other thread, I know I'll probably get yelled at for saying this

but, it's too early to say how much snow we'll see.

been busy with my site guys... I've been looking at the gfs and there is a massive storm showing up on it in 2 weeks... long ways, but the liquid equivelance is 3.0 - 5.0.....
also the next 2 weeks we have the potential for quite a few snowstorms actually....
oh and norther michigan and wisconsin you guys could see a total of 18 inches of snow.... there is lightning and thunder in these lines of heavy snow 2-3 inches per hour will be occuring frequently

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

ThatsJustWeird -
Just out of curiousity, do you think that there is a pretty good chance that the DC area might see a measurable snow fall monday into tuesday?

What's your opinion LordsofChaos?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join