It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who has the most negative view of Americans??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
-they have become physically lazy and soft
-ungrateful for what they have
-not willing to stand up for what is right or wrong
-expecting others to fight for what is right or wrong
-too lazy to learn what is going on in the world
-not able to understand the implications of what they learn

Some rather large generalization within your recent post...
When I was younger living in a coal mining community - I would look afar at those with nice things and cast judgment due to my jealousy just like I feel you're doing here. Embrace the melting pot that is america and stop player hating.

I'm off to smoke a fat cigar lit with a c note and drink a starbucks mocha and watch my feet swell because I'm to fat and stupid to stop eating to curtail my onset of obese diabetes, but first I need to go park my H2 hummer in the handicap spot... lol

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
As someone who's had the 'Gold Rolls Royce' lifestyles and walked away from them because the 'price' was too high, I can advise that the common American comeback of, "Yeah, well you're just jealous!", should cease forthwith, if you don't want to keep reminding the rest of the world that you really are too immature to play with so many bombs.

Untill Yanks can convince the rest of the world that they now know the difference between owning alot of high tech. toys and possessing wisdom are two very different things, and they, 'butt the hell out of everyone else's business', untill they've learned to 'worship' wisdom more than those child gladiators they call athletes, they can only expect more negative opinions.

Also, as an Australian, I can say we're getting more of a negative view as we adopt more American 'ways', that have a consistant knack for making life worse for more, in more ways than before.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan
Untill Yanks can convince the rest of the world that they now know the difference between owning alot of high tech. toys and possessing wisdom are two very different things, and they, 'butt the hell out of everyone else's business', untill they've learned to 'worship' wisdom more than those child gladiators they call athletes, they can only expect more negative opinions.

Can you give me an example of a big world player who is handling it better than America? (I’m not saying she’s handling things correctly or justly, I’m not going there atm)

Say we did something as crazy as lock our borders and "butt the hell out of everyone else’s business", would that improve the mass opinion?

It's hard for me to swallow the common abroad sale of "fat, lazy, non-educated and self-absorbed Americans" when I'm surrounded by nothing of the sort. When such a broad generalization is made I can't help to play the "jealous" card. Maybe my life and the lives around me are out of the norm in America, but I think not. This is of course on a smaller scale of a nation and her mistakes, but in my previous post I was addressing what imo seemed like a direct attack on America’s people and not her leaders.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
See, now the arrogance displayed in missing the point that other nations aren't "jealous" because they have all the same 'toys', AND homes they don't have to lock the doors of, is another reason we find you too immature, to weild that power you 'stole' through 'corpratization' of the world.

Seriously, well sort of, if the world needs a 'policeman', shouldn't it be a country like Australia, who have managed to avoid a civil war their whole history? We're 'modern' too, and managed to keep our economy sailling while the poor Yanks...

While the U.S. has a reputation of war mongering for it's own benefit and turning on it's parent nation, we Ozzies are famous for sacrificing ourselves for our kin. Anyway all that aside, if we started whinging, "Why doesn't the rest of the world know how great we are?", I'm sure we'ld have as many enemies as you....
but as I've said, those days don't seem far off now that we're learning more of your 'ways', like forgetting old fashioned things like manners, eg.whinging and sulking about the opinion, 'you asked for', is bad manners, not constructive dialogue and that's why Americans can't believe we are NOT jealous but see them as very arrogant....too busy chest thumping or sulking to listen.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This edit was to remove what I originally posted - I'm going to step back from this thread. Cheers everyone - Hate is bad no matter where/how it's presented.

[edit on 23-3-2006 by knowseek]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It doesn't really matter who is in charge I'm sure that we will always want things to be better than they are.

Look at all the other great powers in history, we didn't like what they did either so what has changed?

All the same the US has shown itself to be more benevolent and thoughful than all of its predecessors, but there is always room for improvement.

What is undermining the US and causing a lot of the unfavourable views world wide is that the US is not responsive to the typical citizen now at all.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This question is fundamentally flaws to begin with.

Most negative view of the Americans on WHAT?

I personally like the American rock music culture, their Hollywood movies, video games developed by EA, etc. But i heavily critisize US foriegn politics and US political principles, therefore i have a negative view on them.

Do i have a negative view on Americans overall? No. Some Americans are ignorant and arrogant, but i cannot judge the entire masses of Americans based on that assumption alone.

Maybe you should ask a more specific and clarified question.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowseek

This edit was to remove what I originally posted - I'm going to step back from this thread. Cheers everyone - Hate is bad no matter where/how it's presented.

Twice now I've posted an answer to those who don't know the difference between a warning from a friend, and 'hate', but they both 'disapeared', as has happened to many of my posts lately.

This last time, I was even barred from accessing ATS at all. Funny thing is the 'difference' between those topics I do and don't have 'problems' with...ummm...

Not too off topic though, we non-Americans do also get tired of REPEATEDLY explaining to you lot, why you can't terrorize us all and wonder why we don't all love you... it has NOTHING to do with JEALOUSY. Possessing the arrogance to keep telling US that is another thing that slows the 'love flow' your way.

[edit on 23-3-2006 by suzy ryan]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan

Originally posted by knowseek

Twice now I've posted an answer to those who don't know the difference between a warning from a friend, and 'hate', but they both 'disapeared', as has happened to many of my posts lately.

This last time, I was even barred from accessing ATS at all. Funny thing is the 'difference' between those topics I do and don't have 'problems' with...ummm...

Not too off topic though, we non-Americans do also get tired of REPEATEDLY explaining to you lot, why you can't terrorize us all and wonder why we don't all love you... it has NOTHING to do with JEALOUSY. Possessing the arrogance to keep telling US that is another thing that slows the 'love flow' your way.

[edit on 23-3-2006 by suzy ryan]

Well, I couldn't resist from checking this thread this morning and replying. So, to be truthful I haven't really disappeared. To be honest, I feel as if a debate with you would be pointless FROM MY perspective. I'm not passing blame to you in the least, for when I created my earlier thread (the one that was deleted/edited by me) I discovered myself taking shots at someone with only an opinion...My post would not have benefited the topic in the least, actually this one holds no value as well. I simply want to convey an understanding of why I stepped out. To recap... I feel "I" can not debate with you on this topic in a healthy manner. It really has nothing to do with understanding a "difference".

Cheers and best wishes to you and all ATSers.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I have chatted and made friends online with folks all over the world except China and Russia. I use yahoo messenger and it is limited to certain countries only. Its quite fun to find we are all the same!!!!

I dont find China threatening (its people anyway) but I do find it mysterious (the culture), but in a positive way. I hope that more people from China find thier way to ATS........... By the way ever seen a UFO over there?............

I would say muslims hate americans most not because of religion but because of politics, this is what the muslims Ive chatted with have told me.

[edit on 24-3-2006 by tommyb98201]

[edit on 24-3-2006 by tommyb98201]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
As if it isn't obvious, I haven't in the least backed out of this thread.

'The Case for Goliath,' by Michael Mandelbaum

Although I haven't read this book as of yet, it is certainly on my list of next buys. I caught this guy last night discussing this book with Jon Stewart from the Daily Show. I think it ties in with the discussion at hand, for it touches on the love/hate relationship other/nations have with America. I'm anxious to read this book and form an opinion on it's content.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I support zhangxi0183

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join