It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hypothetical question vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
lets suppose that one day soon a 'cure' for violent behavior (including the desire for power and control over other people) is found.

should it;

a) be given to everybody on the planet
b) be given to those at that top of society
c) be given to those at the bottom of society
d) be given to nobody on the planet
c) other (please state)

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
A) Should be given to everyone.

For obvious reason's. Atleast I hope it's for obvious reason's lol

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

"A nation can survive its' fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and he carries his banners openly. But the traitor moves among those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the galleys, heard in the very hall of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor--He speaks in the accents familiar to his victims, and wears their face and their garment, and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation--he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of a city--he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to be feared."Cicero, 42 B.C., Roman Statesman, orator, and author.

www.angelfire.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
e) other

give it to people who riot and attack embassies over a cartoon

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I'm leaning to E on this hypothetical question vote.

It makes sense to me to give the potion to the people that have proven violent in the past. And if for some reason a normally peaceful person twists off and becomes violent; pill time my friend.

Actually there exists a drug today that is widely used that mellows people out considerably, but alas it's illegal in the US of A where we prefer a legal drug alcohol that is responsible for much of the violence in our country. Go figure!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
e) give it to everyone except myself.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I have to go with "D", firstly, I think it would be a stupid idea to make such a drug in the first place, and secondly, if you have'nt noticed, violence is highly entertaining, hence it being on TV in the movies in books in the newspapers and in videogames.

EDIT: To add,

And a little violence can be fun in the bedroom as well.

[edit on 2/15/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
D - any other option would turn our world to communism; communism doesn't work

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
(E) give it to me ill try anything once.Seriously though start with the prisons and work your way up the food chain.

www.kcl.ac.uk...

new topics

top topics

join