It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living Dinosaur

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
So these inca stones prove that man once lived with dinosaurs, that is if they are real, but if man lived with dinosaurs or dinosaurs with man, which ever you prefer, then why weren’t humans destroyed or exterminated when the dinosaurs died out? Because the dinosaurs were probably a good source of food and other materials, so if a giant meteor came crashing down and wiped out all the dinos then why didn’t it wipe out man?

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Lol spaceman,

Those stone's were already admitted fake's. Keep focused man!

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Living dinosaurs are real, man. I just ate grilled gallus gallus just now for dinner. Tomorrow I'm gonna eat a sandwich made from strips of meleagris gallopavo.

Joking aside, interesting story. The wikipedia article on this mokele mbembe thing is quite a good read.

Cryptozoologists believe the likelihood of its existence to be significantly higher than the Loch Ness monster because of the large amount of uncharted territory to which can be ascribed the inability to find a specimen. Other large creatures, such as elephants, exist in large open clearings in the rainforests, each called a bai, as well as in thicker wooded areas, so the existence of the mokèlé-mbèmbé appears to be a possibility when taking into account its native environment. However, it is often thought to be even bigger than an elephant.

There is also a theory that the mokèlé-mbèmbé is a rhinoceros: see this link (third paragraph after the second image). Another not-so-cryptic explanation is that this phenomenon is nothing but a sighting of a group of male crocodiles following a female crocodile during the mating season. A fictional book was written about this creature called Cryptid Hunters by Roland Smith. Sightings of this creature are said to have occurred at Lake Tele.

The rhino explanation is quite compelling. From the website that it links to:

To lend support to the theory that Mokele-mbembe is a remnant of the dinosauria, the pygmies have been given a certain test many times over. The test involves a group of pictures of animals that live in the area. The pygmies would recognize the drawings of leopards, gorillas, and elephants, among other creatures. After this, they would be shown a depiction of a typical sauropod. The pygmies usually replied with a simple, instantaneous reply, "It's Mokele-mbembe!"

When recently repeated, this experiment bore different results. The BaAka tribes recognized the gorillas, calling them Ebobo. They easily recognized the elephant, calling it Doli. Then, they were showed a picture of a rhinoceros, and replied just as before, "Mokele-mbembe!" Indeed, a rhinoceros seems a likely candidate for a misinterpretation of this mysterious creature. Some reports point toward Mokele-mbembe having a horn, being like a hippopotamus, yet bigger. This truly seems like a fitting description of a rhinoceros.

That's probably just it, they saw a rhino in the swamp and mistook it for a swamp monster. Anyone who's seen a rhino at the zoo would agree, they are pretty huge.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
ok, im willing to concede that there may be something in that jungle but its not a dinosaur. Dinos were just normal animals, they cant survive for millions of years

if theres one dinosaur then it has to have parents, it parents would have to have parents. etc. not to mention siblings. if there was a species of collossi living in the jungle somewhere since before man came into being someone would have noticed by now

sure there are some bugs and alligators that people thought were gone but they werent the size of houses...

it would be cool and its an interesting post but the author of that article was either writing a fictional article or he's dumb as hell

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by spaceman16
So these inca stones prove that man once lived with dinosaurs, that is if they are real, but if man lived with dinosaurs or dinosaurs with man, which ever you prefer, then why weren’t humans destroyed or exterminated when the dinosaurs died out? Because the dinosaurs were probably a good source of food and other materials, so if a giant meteor came crashing down and wiped out all the dinos then why didn’t it wipe out man?

Actually we humans would have no chance to compete with Dinosaurs. Dinosaurs were just too dangerous for any mammal to really get a important place in the ecosystem.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

so if a giant meteor came crashing down and wiped out all the dinos then why didn’t it wipe out man?

Wow, can't believe I missed that one lol..

That meteor hit roughly 65ish mil years ago. Our particular species of humans have only been here roughly 200kish years I think.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

That meteor hit roughly 65ish mil years ago. Our particular species of humans have only been here roughly 200kish years I think.

Whoa produkt, and you say that my theory is farfetched when you say that humans have been around for 200,000 years??? The earliest known civilization was Mesopotamia, around 6,2000 years ago.

Now, I agree that we would have been definitley wiped out by a meteor that also wiped out the dinosaurs.... that is, if a meteor ever made the dinosaurs extinct in the first place. Personally, I don't believe this is the case. Theologists tell us the bible states Earth as roughly 6,000 years old. Isn't it a coincidence that the oldest known civilization was 6,000 years old also, and that the bible clearly states that humans were made right after the Earth was made? The bible also never mentions any meteor hitting the Earth, and the bible has pretty much stated every major war and natural disaster up to that point including the great flood.

Many people say, the great flood can't have happened if it killed the entire world's population and only one culture knows about it. But they are wrong, over 300 other cultures believe in an enormous flood that wiped out the entire world except for one family.

In China they have a legend, it’s a story of the history of China. Tells about a family was saved from a great flood. The entire land was flooded; the mountains and everything, one family survived in a boat. The Chinese classic called the Hihking. It says, "A family of Fuhi," which the Chinese consider him the father of their civilization, "History records that Fuhi, his wife, three sons, and three daughters escaped the great flood. He and his family were the only people alive on earth. After the great flood they repopulated the world."

If you are aetheist or don't believe the bible, I'm fine with that. I'm only trying to express a different point of view for Mokele-Mbembe, which may conflict with the common viewpoint of origins. Oh, and whoever said that all the Ica stones were faked, at least give some evidence like a website or quote by someone credible.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
One more thing... I noticed your quote, Produkt, and found it confusing. Are you saying that Leonardo Da Vinci, Albert Einstein, and the former presidents of the USA were not "wise"? Tell me about a handful of aetheists who changed the world for the better.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlueSoldier

Whoa produkt, and you say that my theory is farfetched when you say that humans have been around for 200,000 years??? The earliest known civilization was Mesopotamia, around 6,2000 years ago.

Now, I agree that we would have been definitley wiped out by a meteor that also wiped out the dinosaurs.... that is, if a meteor ever made the dinosaurs extinct in the first place. Personally, I don't believe this is the case. Theologists tell us the bible states Earth as roughly 6,000 years old. Isn't it a coincidence that the oldest known civilization was 6,000 years old also, and that the bible clearly states that humans were made right after the Earth was made? The bible also never mentions any meteor hitting the Earth, and the bible has pretty much stated every major war and natural disaster up to that point including the great flood.

Many people say, the great flood can't have happened if it killed the entire world's population and only one culture knows about it. But they are wrong, over 300 other cultures believe in an enormous flood that wiped out the entire world except for one family.

In China they have a legend, it’s a story of the history of China. Tells about a family was saved from a great flood. The entire land was flooded; the mountains and everything, one family survived in a boat. The Chinese classic called the Hihking. It says, "A family of Fuhi," which the Chinese consider him the father of their civilization, "History records that Fuhi, his wife, three sons, and three daughters escaped the great flood. He and his family were the only people alive on earth. After the great flood they repopulated the world."

If you are aetheist or don't believe the bible, I'm fine with that. I'm only trying to express a different point of view for Mokele-Mbembe, which may conflict with the common viewpoint of origins. Oh, and whoever said that all the Ica stones were faked, at least give some evidence like a website or quote by someone credible.

Stones baked in Donkey dung, Von Daniken fell for it so don't feel to bad about that.
There is no evidence that any great deluge took place, I know the bible mentions it
and Turkey supposedly sports Noah's boat, but still no evidence.

Personally, I wish that a creature of a dinosaur description would be found in some forgotten corner of the world, it would certainly open a whole can of worms, but still
wishing doesn't make it happen.
Dinosaurs and people never met - Fact.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Were the Ica stones really just donkey dung? Most of the websites I visited said they were made from volcanic ash, and that the engravings were authentic. Where's the websites that state otherwise?

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I feed the descendants of dinosaurs, every day, in my front yard. I buy the dinosaur descendant food at Costco, about twenty lbs for less than $12 US.
No large ones come here to eat but I see large ones along side the highways.
I see Raptors in flight but seldom on the ground, like we saw them in Jurassic Park.
Since I see them every day I really don't consider them unusual. Maybe you might want to get out more. lol
skep

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
If dinos never lived with man, how come scientist say that man lived with mammoths and sabertooths and other animals of that sort. And what about all those cave drawing things,

(images.google.com...://www.genesispark.com/genpark/ancient/graphic/wall.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.genesispark.com/genpark/anci ent/ancient.htm&h=182&w=131&sz=10&tbnid=rJ6TFFigexofMM:&tbnh=96&tbnw=69&hl=en&start=3&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcave%2Bdrawings%2Bof%2Bdinosaurs%26svnum%3D10 %26hl%3Den%26lr%3D)

whoa big site, but anyway it shows here cave drawing and other depictions of dinos living with man. Where they just full of it and decided to create this drawings, because they were bored?

[edit on 22-2-2006 by spaceman16]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Dude, people drew picture's of griffon's, phoenix's, unicorn's, Roc's, the minator. Yet we don't think they actually existed! The whole dragon mythology started in china, and no, it wasn't an actual dragon, it was a human being who became immortalized as a dragon. Do some research. LEARN for christ sakes.

That site isn't even showing a cave drawing. This right here,

images.google.com...://www.genesispark.com/genpark/ancient/graphic/wall.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.genesispark.com/genpark/anci%2 0ent/ancient.htm&h=182&w=131&sz=10&tbnid=rJ6TFFigexofMM:&tbnh=96&tbnw=69&hl=en&start=3&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcave%2Bdrawings%2Bof%2Bdinosaurs%26svnum%3D1 0%20%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D

Is NOT a cave drawing. Obviously. There's a face on the moon too, maybe man went up there and drew a giant face on the moon? Man, have you NO common snese at all? Stop being so gullible.

Sorry to sound harsh toward's you, but you do need it.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
man came around the middle point of the great mammals and dinos and great mammals only saw each other in passing at the very begining of the ice age while the dinos were all dieing and the mammals were all not dieing

its common sense that man and dinosaurs never shared the planet and if perhaps there were some preandrathal around somewhere they sure as hell werent developed enough to leave any evidence of it. it was the second or third stage of human evolution before they even decided to SQUIGGLE on walls, let alone leave behind records of their lives

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Produkt
Dude, people drew picture's of griffon's, phoenix's, unicorn's, Roc's, the minator. Yet we don't think they actually existed! The whole dragon mythology started in china, and no, it wasn't an actual dragon, it was a human being who became immortalized as a dragon. Do some research. LEARN for christ sakes.

That site isn't even showing a cave drawing. This right here,

images.google.com...://www.genesispark.com/genpark/ancient/graphic/wall.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.genesispark.com/genpark/anci%2 0ent/ancient.htm&h=182&w=131&sz=10&tbnid=rJ6TFFigexofMM:&tbnh=96&tbnw=69&hl=en&start=3&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcave%2Bdrawings%2Bof%2Bdinosaurs%26svnum%3D1 0%20%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D

Is NOT a cave drawing. Obviously. There's a face on the moon too, maybe man went up there and drew a giant face on the moon? Man, have you NO common snese at all? Stop being so gullible.

Sorry to sound harsh toward's you, but you do need it.

what do you mean it's not a cave drawing, its a rock carving my bad its the end of the world now isn't it. You don't know that all those creatures weren't real . you have to have a open mind about things.

[edit on 22-2-2006 by spaceman16]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It's not even a rock carving. There's no picture there. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

And no, those mythological creature's never existed. They were myth's, stories. Not actual thing's. Perhap's you believe the predator an alien from the movies exist because people made films about them? Perhap's all scifi and fantasy book's on sale at the book stores are really account's of actual history on our planet too. There's a difference between open mind and being gullible.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I agree that far too many threads are put on this site that are from people who
struggle to see the difference between fact and fiction.
I've noticed that frequently, quotes and information from movies are often mixed
in some of the writings here and it seems that 'open-mindedness' means a deep
truth.

Like others, I hope that monsters, magic and all the other things are true so that
this sometimes dull world will sparkle occasionally, but facts and evidence are the
only currency used in the A.T.S world and sadly, the stuff is very rare here.

Still, everyone is entitled to an opinion and I do enjoy some of the more... colorful
accounts.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Produkt
It's not even a rock carving. There's no picture there. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

And no, those mythological creature's never existed. They were myth's, stories. Not actual thing's. Perhap's you believe the predator an alien from the movies exist because people made films about them? Perhap's all scifi and fantasy book's on sale at the book stores are really account's of actual history on our planet too. There's a difference between open mind and being gullible.

When you click on the link or copy and paste is it saying Bad Request? Because if it is that’s probably the problem, if your not seeing any pictures or writing. And you can’t tell me that dinosaurs, aliens, dragons, Bigfoot, loch ness, jersey, early humans, unicorns, and all the other mythical creatures didn’t or don’t exist. Prove to me that they don’t, with scientific evidence that they are all hoaxes or made up stories with no background to them and then I will agree.

Here is a better link if it is screwing up.

www.genesispark.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

When you click on the link or copy and paste is it saying Bad Request? Because if it is that’s probably the problem, if your not seeing any pictures or writing. And you can’t tell me that dinosaurs, aliens, dragons, Bigfoot, loch ness, jersey, early humans, unicorns, and all the other mythical creatures didn’t or don’t exist. Prove to me that they don’t, with scientific evidence that they are all hoaxes or made up stories with no background to them and then I will agree.

No, the link was fine, just didn't copy and paste right in the post. An no, it was not a carving/drawing. And also, EARLY MAN IS NOT MYTHOLOGICAL. Jesus... Are you still in school?

Give me proof that man isn't creative enough to MAKE THINGS UP. To write stories. Seriously guy. Have atleast A LITTLE common sense.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Okay, guys... calm down.

A few points:

The "living dinosaur" is so far a myth. No evidence of this has turned up beyond reports and obscure photos, though serious effort has been devoted to finding it. There are other interesting legends in that area of mythical animals and people and so far the evidence points to this being another of those; perhaps developed from a nature spirit (if you're familiar with American Indian thought, you would refer to it as a "totem animal" -- and these can and are often mythical.)

The Ica stones are hoaxes, and the hoaxers are known. It's a family who were very poor and found that the gullible whites would pay huge amounts of money for stones baked in donkey dung and carved with images of dinosaurs.

Man didn't live with dinosaurs, but did with cave beasts.

The oldest known civilizations (cities... not civilizations) appear to be the Harappan ones in India and are about 8,000 years old. The oldest Egyptian towns and cities are about 7,000 years old and date to the beginning of writing. Modern man (homo sapiens) has been around for about 100,000 years.

The dinos died off at the Cretaceous-Triassic (K/T) meteor hit, and that was 60 million years ago. There were no hominids around at that time, though there were some mammals.

And finally, let's all keep it civil, okay? Not all of us are as experienced or as widely read as others. Remember the days when you were embarrassingly ignorant of things and treat and educate others as YOU would have liked to be treated.

Okay?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join