It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I made a big mistake.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Hello- I would forgive ADVISOR with all my heart...

BUT

Like Dr. Love... I have NO IDEA what he is apologizing for...

I understand something about a Global Ignore, and I hear snippets
about the BBC and a Martin Poulter somebody...

But PLEASE- someone summarize in a SINGLE POST what we are talking about,
pretty please?

Even without knowing what is going on, I admire the CLASSiNESS of ADVISOR is admitting
a mistake (whatever that mistake was)...

Thanks very much to whoever takes the time to quickly EXPLAIN the MISUNDERSTANDING.

Go Steelers!

T. Patrick

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I don't get it either, but I think we should just let it be.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I don't get it either, but I think we should just let it be.

I do get it and I think we should just let it be too.

I'd suggest locking this, but...that's not my call. There's enough drama going on atm.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I think the lack of clarity in this thread requires an apology from the ATS peeps.

3S

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
THB, you are only human and we all act out of character when our patients is tested.. I have noticed another mod having a similar reaction but would not hold it against them nor would anyone else..

you reacted as you saw fit at the time.. figured later it was a bad call and a lesson was learned.. I would have been more concerned if you didn't care less.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
(double post)

[edit on 5/2/06 by Klepto]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
(triple post - sorry something playing up...)

[edit on 5/2/06 by Klepto]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I actually thought it was a good idea at the time so i think you did nothing wrong
who knows maybe your itchy finger took the thread in another direction which might not be a bad idea anyway

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I have an idea of what happened, but don't know all the details. But Advisor I can honestly say that I have more respect for you than ever now, for being big enough to come out and say you made a mistake, and owning up to it. There aren't many I've seen on here that will do that.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This is a pretty strange thread. ADVISOR, while I also do not know what you are appologizing for, it must be something that you have done or written here that you feel that you wish you could take back, also it sounds as if you are afraid that you embarassed the other staff.

Well, since you posted your public appology here, it must have been something that you needed to get off of your chest. I'm glad that you did.
I hope you feel better for it. A lesser person would realize that they had made a mistake, then go to great lengths to defend it and/or blame someone else for having caused them to do it in the first place.

So, it is unneccessary for me to know what it was, you are forgiven in my book. (I could make a wild guess and assume that it has something to do with the "Serpo" thread). I have never read it, but somehow get the feeling that might be it. But, like I say, no matter. "You dun good!"

CyberKat

P.S. for personal reasons, I'm glad that you did whatever you did, since I've done more of "those" than I ever had thought possible. Glad I'm not alone.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I still think you did the right thing, though I thought it was a sanctioned move, either way, still think it was the right thing to do.

Which I'm sure surprises no one.

Way to mea culpa though

Spiderj

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I second Wyrde One's post......

[edit on 5-2-2006 by MemoryShock]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
For Gods Sake, what is the story behind the apology?

Therse two pages of people exepting your apology abot something that no one knows what happened exept for maybe 2 or 3 of the elitist.

Sorry if it sounds like I am ranting, just really tireddddd zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
ADVISOR let his/her keyboard get the best of him/her and put Bill Ryan on Global Ignore.

It wasn't done with approval from the Tres Hombres [admin].

The appropriate reversals were made, ADVISOR apologized for his/her individual actions ...

and the beat goes on ...

Nothing here ... move along ... move along

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberKat
This is a pretty strange thread. ADVISOR, while I also do not know what you are appologizing for, it must be something that you have done or written here that you feel that you wish you could take back, also it sounds as if you are afraid that you embarassed the other staff.

Bill Ryan, of project Serpo fame, was put on global ignore by ADVISOR. Bill Ryan then sent an e-mail to an ATS member who then posted it (with permission) on the boards [can't find it now, may have been trashed]. In that e-mail Mr. Ryan alleged that ADVISOR did this on behalf of an ATS staff (specifically Valhall) conspiracy to silence, discredit or force his hand re: many Serpo related issues. ADVISOR made this thread to let all know it was him and only him that made this decision... the fact that staff immediately took Mr. Ryan off GI shows this imo (unless he's still on GI... then i don't know)

Man my head hurts. I'm just not cut out to be a conspiracy theorist. Unless the blood from the ears thing is normal? You guys smell that smoke too... right?

Anyway for what it's worth ADVISOR i don't blame you one bit... if many of us had all those shiny MOD buttons we would have done the same.

Good Form though....

[edit on 5-2-2006 by Rren]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
ADVISOR let his/her keyboard get the best of him/her and put Bill Ryan on Global Ignore.

It wasn't done with approval from the Tres Hombres [admin].

The appropriate reversals were made, ADVISOR apologized for his/her individual actions ...

and the beat goes on ...

Nothing here ... move along ... move along

Thank you.

I thought maybe Advisor went off on somebody in a thread or something and I was wanting to read it.

I do have respect for advisor (before the apology) and nothing has really changed, I would GI one or two a day if I had that button (just kidding).

Thanks again.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Go forth and sin no more. You are forgiven. Personally, I'd a done it sooner.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the apology it's accepted and all that. I guess this just proves it your human
I think it's time to move on.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Speak for yourself man.

I never screw up and post things I regret the next day.

Just kidding... Whatever it is people will forgive and forget.

I remember once, in a heated PTS debate during the 2nd Bush election, how I just blew up and lost control. Went off on a tirade and gave all my opponents a good laugh. I actually got so frustrated and embarrassed I didn't come back to ATS for about 2 months. I'm glad most/all of the community who knew me back then either forgave me or let slide. Those were some heated discussions back then for sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join