It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I made a big mistake.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
My actions were completely unwarrented and not a representation of ATS staff or policy. The recent act by myself was absolutely uncalled for, and this I wish to be clear.

I messed up, and only ask that to be understood as my own doings.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
If you did something wrong though, an apology like the one just offered speaks of character. It takes strength and dignity to stand up and admit to our mistakes.

Edit:Wait, wait, wait, is this about Bill Ryan being put on GI?

Edit 2: Yup. Okay, FYI, I would have done what you just did (minus the undoing
), except I probably would have gone rogue about a hundred and fifty pages ago.
That whole thing was really frustrating for me to watch, because I see real conspiracies go down the memory hole in this place, without so much as a single reply sometimes.

Hornet's nest indeed though..I bet it's no fun (lots of interested parties it seems). You've always been an upstanding guy, I doubt if anyone will hold it against you.

[edit on 3-2-2006 by WyrdeOne]

[edit on 3-2-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it we are all reasonable here. Everyone has an off day, i myself have off weeks
. I realy don't think anyone will hold anything, whatever it was against you.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
is this about Bill Ryan being put on GI?

Yes, and my witch hunt comment.
What I did was not sanctioned by ATS, and there by a rogue action, and mine alone.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Is this to do with the Bill and Martin Poulter thing?

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well, take your beating like a man and get on with it then.

If we never went off on tangents we'd never really learn anything. I'm happy to see you learned something and are owning up to it. I'm proud of you kiddo, you have potential to make something of your life.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Can we add you to the list of countries the muslims are angry about?

Cheer up all good mods slip now and then...

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
advisor,

Are you human?

If you are, we forgive you.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Just seen this, don't know what it's about but I'm sure you'll be forgived by the understanding ATS community...chill!

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hey ADVISOR. you refer to this thread in another thread to explain what went wrong. I read this thread and I don't see squat except people forgiving you for something that I can't find. Can you please link me to the mistake?

Peace

p.s. I just drank five stiff margueritas at dinner and I'm a little slow on the uptake.

Did I spell "margueritas" right?

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Advisor...

Don't beat yourself up about it...we all get caught up in the moment at times. I watched the whole thing develop and know how it happened.

Remember, moderators are people too.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This post reminds me of the Rules for Being Human.
Specifically rules 2 - 5.

2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called, "life."

3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial, error, and experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately "work."

4. Lessons are repeated until they are learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson.

5. Learning lessons does not end. There's no part of life that doesn't contain its lessons. If you're alive, that means there are still lessons to be learned.
Cherie Carter-Scott

Best of Luck Advisor

[edit on 2/3/06 by makeitso]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I certainly understand your frustration; When it was put to a vote, I myself voiced the opinion to "lock it" entirely untill photos/scans were presented.

While I share your frustration, I admire your starting this thread for an explanation and the implemented correction.

[edit on 2/3/06 by redmage]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   

What I did was not sanctioned by ATS, and there by a rogue action, and mine alone.

Someone's gotta carry out the garbage and do the dirty work.

Deniability.....

good job

[edit on 3/2/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
ADVISOR,

Our emotions, beliefs and opinions do get the best of us, from time to time, while coincidently being the same traits which make us human.

Don't sweat it. Your admission and acceptance of fault is admirable, to say the least. An appropriate time to interlock a few appendages with the proverbial bootstraps, dust off and move on.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I'd say, excellent!
Those who can admit when they are wrong, know they have limits, it's those that have no limits and big ego's that are the problem.
Yeah!

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I can sure think of a lot worse things. I stopped following that thread, so I'm clueless about whatever rhubarb caused this indiscretion, but I'll be sure to check it out forthwith. Surely, it must be good for a few grins.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Team Player

Originally posted by SportyMB
Someone's gotta carry out the garbage and do the dirty work.

Deniability.....

Skeptic that I am, I had a similar thought, and I'm not privy to what may have been discussed about this in the mod forum.

Was this some sort of ploy?

After thinking about it for a few more seconds, it occurred to me that if the admins wanted to put a GI on Bill Ryan, I can't think of a single reason why they wouldn't just do it themselves and say so.

After all, they've locked the thread before, reserve the right to do it again and, in general, don't tend to be all that apologetic about running the site the way they want to.

They're admins, for crying out loud.

So I consider it unlikely that the admins used ADVISOR as a torpedo.

Rather, the simplest explanation is that he did make the call himself, after which it was apparently (and quite quickly) reversed by the senior staff.*

If they had intended to use ADVISOR as a hit man, it wasn't a very well thought-out plan, and the people who run this place aren't stupid.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

And ADVISOR, I think you've seen enough of my antics to know that I have no business casting the first stone at anybody.

*By the way, for those who falsely complain that ATS moderators aren't accountable, I offer this as an example of why the charge falls flat. The senior staff does tend to strongly back mods, but will make corrections if they think a mistake has been made. I have seen other examples in the Complaints forum, but they are usually handled less dramatically for reasons I hope members can appreciate.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Don't sweat it. After what TC did that one time with the control panel I think we can let the light stuff go.

But seriously, don't worry about it. We all make mistakes and do stuff we'll regret just a bit down the road.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I myself was deeply offended, and did want to burn a building to register my disappointment, but now you have apologised everything is OK again - especially as everyone else seems placated by your apology.

<<   2 >>

join