It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100's of Muslims protest Muhammad cartoons in London…But how many protest terror?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

IMHO your sympathy for Bigtrain implies you agree with him ?

Do I agree with his violent ending? No. Do I agree that if someone like that came to my neighborhood there would be consequences? Absolutely Yes.

And I think those people who Published thoes Pictures, Knew EXACTLY what they were doing, and knew this Facts about Islamic Religion - yet they still did it. They still Drew several Pictures of the Prophet and to top it all, they were Not just normal Pictures, they were Caricatured, Insultive and Abusive for the Muslims, becaues of the Reasons I stated Above.

And they have every single right to do that; it’s their freedom of speech and expression. Let me tell you something, here in the US there is a cartoon out right now about a wounded US soldier. Do I like that cartoon? Of course not. Do I think the cartoonist has no respect for our troops? Yes. Am I going to call for his death and for the destruction of the US over it? NO! I’m not an extremist moron; there are ways in which civilized people express a difference of opinion.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
And they have every single right to do that; it’s their freedom of speech and expression. Let me tell you something, here in the US there is a cartoon out right now about a wounded US soldier. Do I like that cartoon? Of course not. Do I think the cartoonist has no respect for our troops? Yes. Am I going to call for his death and for the destruction of the US over it? NO! I’m not an extremist moron; there are ways in which civilized people express a difference of opinion.

You have to bear in mind that ANY kind of Pictures of the Prophet are strictly Forbidden at all times. There is no way around that. You must understand, that posting pictures such as those, will Result in a Civil or Violent Protest by the Muslims. That kind of Action will only trigger a RE-Action as we see today. So, did they really have to do it? As if there are not Enough Islamic Extremists, who are shouting "DEATH TO AMERICA! DEATH TO ISREAL!" now there are shouting also "DEATH TO DENMARK!".

Is that Really what we Need?

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
You have to bear in mind that ANY kind of Pictures of the Prophet are strictly Forbidden at all times.

This is supposed to stop us, why does it not stop them from attacking our faiths?

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
You have to bear in mind that ANY kind of Pictures of the Prophet are strictly Forbidden at all times.

Forbidden? Perhaps it is forbidden under the religion of Islam to depict pictures or likenesses of Mohammad, but not everyone is required to follow the laws of Islam. They can forbid it within their religion or country, but they do not have the authority to forbid it for the entire world and enforce their religious beliefs across the entire world.

As Riwka noted in another thread:

Depictions of Mohammad throught history

There is no way around that. You must understand, that posting pictures such as those, will Result in a Civil or Violent Protest by the Muslims.

Posting pictures is harmless. It does no REAL harm to anyone. Causing offense is not against any law.

Taking actions, such as burning buildings and killing people is not harmless.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Is that Really what we Need?

So you’re blaming this on Denmark?
Appeasement, man I hate the flailed concept.

Also, images of Mohammod may be banned by Islamic law, but Denmark is not an Islamic state or theocracy, they do not have to abide by Islamic religious laws. Denmark is however a democratic state and society, meaning the Islamofascists in it have to abide by its laws. Is that so hard to understand?

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
here, more peace and love calls

London protests

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Jamhun, you realize that is BS, that the Muslims do not see us extentions of their own beliefs. Islam has persecuted Christianity and Judaism sionce the beginning of it. It is also much different than Christianity, and I don't think that MY G-d is schizophrenic.

This is feel-good stuff that doesn't really make sense. Really. Look at their treatment of the "People of the Book", and look at the difference between their "prophet" and the "Son of G-d". Furhtermore, they do not take Jesus as the Son of G-d who came to pay the price of their sins.

Let us keep it straight.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pro999p
here, more peace and love calls

London protests

Starting them out early just as they do in muslim countries.

I love Al-Qaeda?

Whoever let people like that into Britain should be shot or at least tried for treason for betraying his nation and his fellow people.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

How old are you again and exactly where did you learn how to debate? You your were obviously raised with the same hatred you tout as paramount in these Muslim countries....

Fighting hatred with hatred is folly, how many times do I have to repeat that? How many times do I have to repeat that the election of a few protestors that do no represent the vast majority of a population mean nothing?

Just one page back a member brought forth a BBC article of Muslims condeming these protests yet nobody commented...

Typical.

Luxifero

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luxifero

How old are you again and exactly where did you learn how to debate? You your were obviously raised with the same hatred you tout as paramount in these Muslim countries....

I'm 32 and I was not raised with hatred against any particular group, I developed hatred as an adult.

If you're wondering how I got the idea that they teach hatred at a young age in muslims countries, it was party because of the numerous images like these coming out of muslim countries.

Kids, guns and hate

Those are a lot more damaging to the image of Islam than the cartoons.

[edit on 4-2-2006 by AceOfBase]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Let's stick to the topic please.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Gee..these Muslims need to get a sense of humour.

*waits for the backlash about disrespecting what they believe in blah-blah-rant-rant*

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Kids, guns and hate

That link had 20 some odd images which in no way extrapolate upon the rest of the Islamic countries which are not embowered in the Palesitinian-Isreali conflict. I'm not sure how you conclude that Islamic children are indoctrinated into this hatred when you have nay touted any factualy arguments that suggest the academic upbringing of the majority of Muslim children in the majority of Muslim countries is centrified on this philosophy of 'hatred'.

It's an irrational argument and serves nothing more than a cop-out from a true substanced argument which may just the consequentality of such and such indoctrination from the socio-political unrest birthed in these countries by U.S foriegn policy, among many other things.

Luxifero

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Fighting hatred with hatred is folly, how many times do I have to repeat that? How many times do I have to repeat that the election of a few protestors that do no represent the vast majority of a population mean nothing?

Just one page back a member brought forth a BBC article of Muslims condeming these protests yet nobody commented...

Typical.

Luxifero

Is this the same minority that gave Hamas a majority win in Palestinian elections , cause if it is we might have to redefine what minority actually means.
Personally I really feel sorry for those guys being prisoners of their own faith and imams

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well, this doesn’t surprise me at all, but here is an update on this Cartoon Story.

Embassies torched as cartoon furor grows

DAMASCUS (Reuters) - Furious Syrians set fire to the Danish and Norwegian embassies on Saturday as protests over cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad showed no signs of abating despite calls for calm.
Demonstrators also set the Norwegian embassy ablaze. It was brought under control by firefighters.

Police fired teargas to disperse protesters there and also used water hoses to hold back others from storming the French embassy. Scores of riot police were also deployed to protect the U.S. mission.

Denmark and Norway advised their citizens to leave Syria.

Denmark is at the eye of the storm as the cartoons that Muslim demonstrators find offensive, one of the Prophet with a turban resembling a bomb, first appeared in a Danish daily.

A small Norwegian Christian newspaper was one of the first newspaper outside Denmark to publish the cartoons. They have now appeared in papers in Bulgaria, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Hungary, New Zealand, Norway, Poland.

Embassies latest victims of Islamo-fascists

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Too bad Denmark doesn’t have troops protecting its embassy, these people need a lesson in what foreign property means.

[edit on 4-2-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Kids, guns and hate

That link had 20 some odd images which in no way extrapolate upon the rest of the Islamic countries which are not embowered in the Palesitinian-Isreali conflict. I'm not sure how you conclude that Islamic children are indoctrinated into this hatred when you have nay touted any factualy arguments that suggest the academic upbringing of the majority of Muslim children in the majority of Muslim countries is centrified on this philosophy of 'hatred'.

It's an irrational argument and serves nothing more than a cop-out from a true substanced argument which may just the consequentality of such and such indoctrination from the socio-political unrest birthed in these countries by U.S foriegn policy, among many other things.

Luxifero

Luxifero,

You know, muslims go to mosque to be told what to think and what to do by imams, as a Christian if you are happily married your wife we’ll tell you what to think or do, so no need for you to go to church anymore.
BTW, that was a joke, so please don’t torch my house, is not insured and I got only 462 payments left

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
*EVERYTHING* you need to know about Islam is here:

www.answering-islam.org...

From the theology, to the tone, to the customs, just about everything. We have testimonials of Muslims all over the world, scholarly debates and refutations, just read.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Typical.

Luxifero

my thoughts exactly Luxifero. I dont know why this is. You'd think with all this hatred towards islam, one would be pleased to see some moderacy being expressed.
Obviously not.
I give up on this site.
its been fun

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
These muslims across the world that are protesting are nuts men, I mean they are putting signs like kill those who insult their prophet, they burning embassys and they say that they are good religious people, but isn't religion suppost to be about forgiveness and peace and I am not a religious person and i wouldn't put those kinds of signs for any reason, espacially because of a joke.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The more I see, the more I want to drop the bomb.

Train

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join