It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100's of Muslims protest Muhammad cartoons in London…But how many protest terror?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Should we launch air strikes on the jewish poeple violently protesting in Israel ?

They are being dealt with in a manner befitting violent protestors. These people are shepherded around by the people they vow to kill.

And your comment toward Big Train was very childish in my opinion

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I guess all muslims are evil and should be rounded up and shot.

[/sarcasm off]

No, i dont agree with you, i see alot over the news many of them do not agree and would like what we like, but yes alot of them are violent.
A lot of them but not all of them, if some one came and hit you with a bat
on your head for confusing you with the crowd how would you like it?

The problem is that we dont know how to split light from shadows.

[edit on 3-2-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3

I dont think muslim's offen go to trailer parks

[edit on 3-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

Good one, ask yourself this. Why would I be so angry at muslims if i didnt have anything to lose?

I have come to the point in my life where I understand that what we have seen happen in the middle east has in fact been raging for thousands of years. I think its about time the rest of the civilized world step up and eliminate the cancer to society.

Back to the trailer park comment. I have accompished more in my own life than probably more than 1 billion islamofacist lives.

Train

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This is what the danish people had to do to merely piss off all of middle east except Iran i guess =/.

The one that they should have not done.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
And your comment toward Big Train was very childish in my opinion

What am i ment to think when i here bigotry like that, not to mention morbidly violent fantasys ?.I guess Bigtrain got a warning for spelling mistakes ?
IMHO your sympathy for Bigtrain implies you agree with him ?

Deny ignorance.....Does that not include arab people ?

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
There has been a lot of commentary on the Western/Christian world as peace loving and righteous.
I am a proud Christian but it is necessary to pull oneself away from ones upbringing and to try and look at matters from an unbiased persepective. We can not simply spill our guts with the positions of the spin doctors in Washington.
Isn't it more honest to have an objective assessement of the events that have unfolded? My simple test is the entity that has killed the most people is generally the most violent and uncivilised. That would put Christian Germany as probably the number one culprit over the last one hundred years followed in second place by none other the United States.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by eben1
i dont exactly know what the islams are trying to achieve with this kind of acts. maybe the destruction of their kind?

i've always longed for peace, but during these few years, this situation has made me a complete hater of the islam and islamic people.

I AM AN EUROPEAN AND I SURE AS F**K DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN ONE.

Since what happened with the Iraq war, I've been quite vocal in my criticism of many of the European countries for their attempts at appeasement in the face of threats by islamofascists.

Now I must turn that around and say that I applaud all Europeans that have found the spine to stand up for their rights and post those stupid cartoons in newspapers and magazines in country after country.

Feels great, doesn't it?

The muslims that have participated in or looked the other way while the same or much worse was being done in their home countries to Christians and Jews have no moral right to protest this.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
What a load of flap doodle.

Obvoiusly this thread has been posted as an opportunity for an apparant percentage of the members of this forum to vent their rascist ways.

There are over a billion Moslems on this planet with 99% of these being peaceful and respectful people.

To brand an entire religion based upon the actions of a few is sheer biggotry.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kojac
What a load of flap doodle.

Obvoiusly this thread has been posted as an opportunity for an apparant percentage of the members of this forum to vent their rascist ways.

There are over a billion Moslems on this planet with 99% of these being peaceful and respectful people.

To brand an entire religion based upon the actions of a few is sheer biggotry.

Amen,

I like to see the backlash of a major news paper publishing cartoons of the Pope being sodomized by a 5 year old boy . Its a matter of having respect for each other.

[edit on 4-2-2006 by helium3]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   

You have voted kojac for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

I almost never do that.
Well said.

People should feel free to vent their feelings about the stupidity of individuals, but useless stereotypes and broad generalizations are foolish and counter-productive.

Adapt or die folks, this is an integrated world whether you like it or not. That applies to both sides of the equation.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Another line right outta the Liberal playbook.....and it really does'nt fit anymore. Was'nt it people like you who said the same thing about the Palestinean cut-throats?....you know the ones who voted in HAMAS?

Im not so convinced that most Muslims are peaceful anymore, did you see the size of those demonstrations?

God Help the Muslims demonstrating in London if the Football Hooligans get loose on them, these are some badass people who ar'nt afraid of a good mixup....their not gonna stand around for long as Muslims threaten their country, family and friends right in their face.

Maximu§

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   

[There are over a billion Moslems on this planet with 99% of these being peaceful and respectful people.

... that are somehow unable to at best to do anything but just look the other way while terrorists perpetrate the most heinous crimes in the name of their so-called religion of peace.

No, these people are all saints, while I see so many others here vilify all Americans - even the ones that are either against the war or who have had nothing personally to do with the war.

What's the actual difference between the muslims you describe and the Americans I described?

Total hypocrisy.

BTW, just using your figures. The 1% of over a billion muslims that are not peaceful equals over 10 million warlike, terrorist muslims. You're seriously OK with that? Well, I think you are more likely to be proven (dead) wrong.

[edit on 2/4/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
One could just as easily say, "Several hundred evangelists marched to and from a local abortion clinic in protest against the practice and those who support it - but how many of them took part in anti-war protests?" That would be a generalization, and it would be wrong, as well as being predicated on assumptions about the Christian faith. Different things matter to different people at different times, and to generalize on the basis of faith, race, or individual incidents is no less irrational than the things those generalizations try to imply.

Many Muslims have protested - quite vocally - against the hijacking of their faith by terror. Does that mean they all do? No. Does the fact that some don't mean that none of them do? No, since many clearly do. Do the ones who protest terror do so every day? Of course not. Do they sometimes protest other things that matter to them as well? Of course. Is every Muslim required by an as yet unstated law or social imperative to protest terror on a regular basis? No - no more than you or I would be required/expected to take part in protests against anything else we felt negatively toward on a regular basis.

There are too many variables involved, too many unique individuals, and too many possible unknown factors to make any sort of snap judgment. People can protest whatever they want, everyone is different, and even people within the same protest movements have different degrees of interest, motivations, time they can devote, etc. Are there Muslims who don't protest terrorism? Yes. There are also Christians who support killing and refusal to forgive, Buddhists who fight in violent rebellions, Hindus who eat hamburger, etc. Don't be so quick to make assumptions based on the actions of a few - or even on the actions of many, for that matter. No majority or minority speaks for all.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Im not so convinced that most Muslims are peaceful anymore, did you see the size of those demonstrations?

How can you label a whole religion over a few peoples actions ?. Hey everyone you better stay clear of jewish people they throw Acid, Gasoline, Oil, Paint On Army, Police

failedmessiah.typepad.com...

[edit on 4-2-2006 by helium3]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
So "hundreds" out of a UK population of 1.6 million Muslims showed up for this?

And we're supposed to extrapolate from that that this represents mainstream Islam?

Yeah, OK...

The people in the pictures are obviously fanatics.

I'm am sure their faces unded up in plenty of pictures, and not all of them taken by journalists.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
Many Muslims have protested - quite vocally - against the hijacking of their faith by terror.

Interesting, but I don't recall seeing or hearing about any such protests by muslims, and I'm quite the "news junkie".

No, unfortunately, what I've seen are either wild protests over something ridiculous such as cartoons like we are seeing in Europe, wild celebrations at the deaths of innocent Americans and other Westerners, or the vast majority of muslims assuming the "ostrich position" (sticking their heads in the sand so as not to have to see what's really going on).

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   

How can you label a whole religion over a few peoples actions ?. Hey everyone you better stay clear of jewish people they throw Acid, Gasoline, Oil, Paint On Army, Police

Nice attempt to divert this thread into another attack on the Jews.

But that's not what we were talking about, were we. This thread, for one thing, is about muslims in London ridiculously using their free speech rights from being in the UK to protest against --------- you got it, free speech!

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by WHOFLUNGGUM
How can a sane person justify such a thing as destruction of 5 million people for a few cartoons?

They can't. There is no justification for their behavior.

Now take a look at THEIR cartoons. If we all behaved like them
then the entire world should be rioting against Islam.

www.littlegreenfootballs.com...
www.tomgrossmedia.com... - 11k

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I like to see the backlash of a major news paper publishing
cartoons of the Pope being sodomized by a 5 year old boy .

Remember the 'art' of the Virgin Mary with poop smeared all
over it? People didn't like it. So people PEACEFULLY wrote
letters and got on TV news and complained. They didn't
run amuk threatening to kill all artists on the planet because
one idiot decided that the Mother of God needed poop
smeared on her.

Its a matter of having respect for each other.

Agreed. Those that are running amuk threatening mass murder
because someone ran political cartoons that they didn't like are
NOT respecting other people. The lack of respect in this matter
falls slightly on the cartoonist but falls much more on the idiots
who are threatening entire countries with extinction because
of a political cartoon or two. THEY have no respect for others.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
[
Now take a look at THEIR cartoons. If we all behaved like them
then the entire world should be rioting against Islam.

www.littlegreenfootballs.com...
www.tomgrossmedia.com... - 11k

Thank you for posting this. More people need to look a little deeper and help expose what it's really like back in the home countries of these muslim protestors. Certainly doesn't appear to be the peaceful paradise of religious tolerance we keep hearing about on ATS and elsewhere in the media.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join