It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100's of Muslims protest Muhammad cartoons in London…But how many protest terror?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

my thoughts exactly Luxifero. I dont know why this is. You'd think with all this hatred towards islam, one would be pleased to see some moderacy being expressed.

We will be pleased when the calls against these types of acts are greater then the calls that support such action. Unitl then the continuing silence from the Muslim world is really telling.

[edit on 4-2-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   

We will be pleased when the calls against these types of acts are greater then the calls that support such action. Unitl then the continuing silence from the Muslim world is really telling.

A predominate Muslim leader in Britian spoke out against it, this in itself, speaks volumes and dictates that those that follow this leader, are in parlance with his opinion.

Do the math. What you're expecting is incoherent. Instead of asking for condemation, you should ask for diplomacy with Muslim leaders and those that touted these cartoons.

Luxifero

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

A predominate Muslim leader in Britian spoke out against it, this in itself, speaks volumes and dictates that those that follow this leader, are in parlance with his opinion.

That’s nice of him, perhaps if those that follow him could in some way shape or form make it known to us that they do indeed condemn such action we might believe your statement.

Do the math. What you're expecting is incoherent. Instead of asking for condemation, you should ask for diplomacy with Muslim leaders and those that touted these cartoons.

Incoherent? Are you sure that’s the right word for it? More like unrealistic, and why might it be unrealistic? Perhaps because the majority of Muslims agree with responses that we have seen so far. Also, your attempt to make it seem as if Denmark was some how in the wrong is appalling.

[edit on 4-2-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   

That’s nice of him, perhaps if those that follow him could in some way shape or form make it known to us that they do indeed condemn such action we might believe your statement.

Yes very pleasent, is it not? A Muslim leader represents those he/she leads, am I not correct? Exactly what do you want from Muslims, and exactly what does this prove to you? You're making baseless and redudant arguments; it's circulatory almost. I'm not under the impression that you understand that Muslims have spoken out against this, and if you do, that thier voices will always be masked by violent protests as the media is quike to bring in ratings.

What you expect is incoherent, and yes, unrealistic; an apology from Muslims for the violence of these protestors is the will to acceptence of responsibility in part, something of which the the majority of Muslims are not apart of.

Perhaps because the majority of Muslims agree with responses that we have seen so far.

Nonsense. You have no basis for this statement. Unless you can somehow substantiate this claim - which you will with thier supposed silence and indifference - than you may have some lay to the claim, otherwise, your over generalization is demerited.

Also, your attempt to make it seem as if Denmark was some how in the wrong is appalling.

What's more appalling is that I have nay implied this in any of my statements; I asked for diplomatic discourse between all parties so violent protest can be chided away into the distant forground. You've put words into my mouth that don't exist.

Luxifero

[edit on 4-2-2006 by Luxifero]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

That's a bit of a doubl standard really. Many here are ready to condemn all of Iran for their whack job president. So what is wrong with taking what this leaders says and still needing further assurances from individuals? Some here sure aren't doing the same with the Iran situation.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

What you expect is incoherent, and yes, unrealistic; an apology from Muslims for the violence of these protestors is the will to acceptence of responsibility in part, something of which the the majority of Muslims are not apart of.

That is what’s expected of them, and I’m afraid they are not rising to the occasion. After all these actions are being done in their name, in the name of Islam, in the name of Muhammad. And yet the majority of Muslims don’t feel a need to rise up and make it known that they don’t condone such action? Please sir, wake up and smell the roses.

I understand that not all Muslims agree with the protestors, and that not all of them are as extreme. But judging by their lack of action it seems to me that there is not a comfortable balance.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I certainly didn't expect such a reaction to something so stupid. The Muslim world needs to pull their heads out of their arses and face reality. Big deal that we joked about your religion, get over it. There is a civilized way to ask people not to do something again but getting out of hand just makes you look like an ass. The last time i checked Denmark wasn't in the middle east, so stop trying to run their country. Next time also check your facts, you burned the wrong flag you idiots.

www.theodora.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This is not only about the cartoons, the muslim world have been long time iritated by europe and united states, this is just the strawbery on top of the cake, we should of not went there and played cop with their sistem and their belifs.

I bet the felows at the UN, UE and washington are geting a kick out of it
it sounds like conflict to them, boy they can hardly wait for soemthing to hapen so they can step in and get a little more oil and make some more money with war.

Sorry for muslims to say this but muslims are a little naive, this has been played out and they felt for it.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Next time a rabid band of muslim thugs starts burning down an embassy, we should just toss a few cruise missiles right on top of their little parade.

Maybe that would stop the rioting. Then, when they riot for the cruise missiles, we hit their parade again.

Train

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTrain
Next time a rabid band of muslim thugs starts burning down an embassy, we should just toss a few cruise missiles right on top of their little parade.

Maybe that would stop the rioting. Then, when they riot for the cruise missiles, we hit their parade again.

Train

You jump to conclusions too fast.
Thats what hapend on 911 people jumped to conclusions too fast.
I'll show you muslims that dont give a heck about the cartoons they can care less all they want is to take care of their families and live just like a regular human being.
The media is a big sucker, sucks you in.

Tell me there has been many riots by blacks and white people many turned out worse stores devastated and looted, if i remember it was in the united states, so what do you supose we do?when there is a riot bomb every one?
How about drop a bomb when a bunch of students go march out side.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
cmon guys this is not as bad as it looks. look at this moderate dude, he rocks, not to talk of he's fans. this might be your next american idol after all, what do you say Simon? hah, hah?

[edit on 5-2-2006 by pro999p]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Rethought

[edit on 5-2-2006 by Apoc]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Just an aside to Wask, at Rourkes Drift, the brits (welsh) didn't exactly cut and run. They stood and fought as well as is humanly possible against impossible odds and survived to tell the tale. Since then they've hardly been cowardly either. They've fought when they've had to, and talked when they've had to. Get a grip.

On to the topic at hand.

Yeah, the moderate Muslims are sure out in force in Beruit aren't they? The Danish consoluate has been stormed, and rocks are being thrown. I am sorry but it is a typical day of protesting by this dark age religion. Toleration of whatever we say or do, but boy don't even be percieved as mocking our religion, or prophets or whatever. Hypocrisy in action.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by seagull]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Havent you all seen that all of these aggressive attacks on the Embassies and such all happend in the Middle east? There are allot of Muslism who dont live in the middle east who didnt attack embassies and such.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
One whole moderate Muslim condemned the protests? Wow! I am so not impressed. When dozens of them do so, then I will begin to change my mind.

Currently, there is sporadic fighting in Damascus, and shock of shocks, it is in the Christian section of the city. Yeah, this is a religion of peace all right.
Spare me.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
OK - I've read Yesterday that Vatican does NOT agree with the European "Freedom of Speech", if this Freedom does NOT RESPECT a Religion or Religious Belifs. And they are right. I Belive the US administration said the same regarding this Incident. And for a change, I agree with both of them.

Somebody knew EXACTLY what they were doing, by posting images such as this and he knew EXACTLY what kind of Effect it will have, and knew EXACTLY which buttons to push to create bigger abyss.

Period.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Yes.

They knew.

This is all propaganda, planned a long time ago and set into motion according to timetable.

The Danish Muslim delegation showed much more than the 12 cartoons published by Jyllands Posten. But these additional pictures were NOT published by the newspaper, but were completely fabricated - by Muslims - and inserted in the booklet.

(See also:
  • Depictions of Mohammed Throughout History
  • ATS: Denmark On Muhammeds Naughty List)

[edit on 5-2-2006 by Riwka]

• posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:43 AM
    link   
    Ok.... i guess i have kept quiet long enough. As a Muslims me and my family find these cartoon offensive but we are not going to protest even condemn the publishers for the publication for it’s their right . Freedom of expression is more important than any offence that is going to cause us…. Like they say “stick and stones”. Some thing that I do find more offensive and disturbing than any cartoon that is published is the actions of the protesters who call for death and destruction who carry out acts of violence. They do not represent me or my family.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:54 AM
    link   
    Another moderate heard from. This is a good thing, beyond any doubt.
    I know I am going to get into trouble for a short post, sorry.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:25 AM
    link   

this has been played out and they felt for it.

Oh, I was waiting for this. It's not their fault guys, its bush!

OK - I've read Yesterday that Vatican does NOT agree with the European "Freedom of Speech", if this Freedom does NOT RESPECT a Religion or Religious Belifs. And they are right. I Belive the US administration said the same regarding this Incident. And for a change, I agree with both of them.

Somebody knew EXACTLY what they were doing, by posting images such as this and he knew EXACTLY what kind of Effect it will have, and knew EXACTLY which buttons to push to create bigger abyss.

So you are all for freedom of speech as determined by the most extreme of the population? Are you kidding me?

[edit on 5-2-2006 by Dronetek]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join