It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the Iranian President so confident?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Is really not reason for him to be scare at all.

Scared and cooperation don't go hand in hand Marge. Whether he’s scared or not is irrelevant, he is, by his actions and statements pushing for a confrontation, one which he cannot win.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Unfortunately he is only voicing a respond from the hostile environment that the US is creating withing the UN, and the hostilities that Israel is voicing because of the animosity between the two do not help either.

Taking in consideration that India, Pakistan and Israel has nuclear capability I find rather hypocritical that Iran is regarded as the could be initiators of Armageddon.

Actually I will turn my head to another of the three other countries in the middle east for that rather than Iran itself.

But the propaganda against Iran is in full gear.

US can not possibly allow the Iranian oil fall in the hands of foreign investors you know.

Because everything smell, taste and looks like oil to me, from the Iraq invasion to now going after Iran.

I guess the only thing that will keep Syria from been invaded next is that they actually depend on oil and has none of it in the lands.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
well, i still think he see's how overstretched the american troops are, irans a big country and how many soldiers can be spared by the US, if you go to war with iran, you then have to cover two bordering countries, a big battlefield, and if iran were to win, they get iraq, control ME oil and relalistically become a superpower because they took down the US and they have nuke's, a big gamble for a big gain.

i don't think they'll allie with korea or china or russia either, they're all infadels too, they might be receptive to negotiation because they think they'll have more clout diplomatically with a developing nation, or maybe they're receptive anyway but they just see no point in talking to neo-con's, they didn't come off too reasonable with saddam's iraq, and iran did shut down the programme for a while, so they can't be totally unbending.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yes US is over stretched but our air power is intact, also if any attacks are due to Iran they will retaliate back, their targets will be Kuwait oil fields and Saudi Arabia and persian gulf.

The may also retaliate against Israel, and that is were I see the problem of nuclear weapons been used to retaliate back.

Yes Armageddon may start in the middle east but no necessarily from Iran

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'm of the opinion that he may know something we don't. What I haven't a clue, but I can guess: He's got nukes or some form of WMD, remember it ain't so hard to develope chem weapons, and he's willing to use them as a deterent to any possible invasion or even sanctions. "place sanctions on Iran, and we will destroy Isreal", or something of that nature. He's already held hostages once (and it worked), why not try it again?

Trying to hold Isreal hostage for the behavior of the rest of the world would backfire, not just because Isreal would never stand for it. But who said this guy is rational by any normal measure.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Yes US is over stretched but our air power is intact, also if any attacks are due to Iran they will retaliate back, their targets will be Kuwait oil fields and Saudi Arabia and persian gulf.

DOn't buy into that overstretched BS. If they are extended too much, notice that this extension happens to be on both sides of Iran.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I will have to disagree, US have a large portion of our military active duty in the middle east.

The price to keep them there is very costly meaning that another invasion or intervention that requires ground troops in another country will be devastating to our economy.

Iran is three times the size of Iraq and to keep troops in Iran for security purpose will be suicidal.

Air campaign will be the only safe way to go.

Or our casualties will be greater than in Iraq.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

if any attacks are due to Iran they will retaliate back, their targets will be Kuwait oil fields and Saudi Arabia and persian gulf.

Were did you get this from? A Persian Gulf alliance is what Iran will get if it does go through with such action. You cant touch the worlds oil supply without a reaction, remember what happened to Iraq’s military?

But the propaganda against Iran is in full gear.

US can not possibly allow the Iranian oil fall in the hands of foreign investors you know.

Marge where have you been for the last 25+ years? The US has not imported any Iranian petroleum since the 70’s.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Westpoint my historical facts and the facts of the oil usage by the US and the countries that he buy from are not mystery for me.

Understand, do not underestimate me.

My opinion in this thread is as good as yours without having to bring your knowledge of historical facts.

Understand.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
He's got nukes or some form of WMD, remember it ain't so hard to develope chem weapons, and he's willing to use them as a deterent to any possible invasion or even sanctions.

- That's just it though Seagull, Iran has had WMD's in the form of chemical and biological weapons for many many years.

They have also had the relatively short-range missile technology for a long time too.

That is why trying to rerun the 'as in Iraq' frightening tales of Iranian WMD's has to be all about a supposed scary nuclear threat - cos the threat from chemical and biological has never materialised in all these years which makes wild claims about that particular WMD threat rather absurd, wouldn't you say?

There are those who want to claim these guys are simply insane and want the response that would surely follow a nuclear strike at Israel/Europe/ whoever.
The thing is that they could have launched chemical and biological missiles by the hundred and long ago if they wanted their own little Armageddon and just didn't care about the response (or rather thought it would usher in the new reality/heaven on earth/whatever).

"place sanctions on Iran, and we will destroy Israel", or something of that nature.

- I'd be careful what 'reports' you believe.
There was one that came out last week about attacking oil supplies.
It was sourced from the Israeli Haaretz outlet., it might have bneen repeated on some small outlets/networks (you know, the kind who'll take anything so long as it suits their agenda) but no-one reputable carried it, certainly not BBC, Reuters or AP.

He's already held hostages once (and it worked), why not try it again?

- Er, Iran held hostages after their revolution.
Given the circumstances that's not the greatest surprise in the world surely and hardly all his own personal doing either.

Trying to hold Israel hostage for the behavior of the rest of the world would backfire, not just because Israel would never stand for it. But who said this guy is rational by any normal measure.

- Er, time for a reality check?
Just who is holding who hostage?
Israel is the one that is known to be the nuclear equipped country in the region.
The USA is the largest military power in the world with umteen nuclear weapons (maybe 'in theatre' too, who knows?......certainly on the carriers in the gulf) and is right next door, having attacked and invaded and occupied that country with dubious legality

When did the Iranian government make any threats?
Has the Iranian government said anything beyond being willing to defend itself?
What Iranian threats?

[edit on 2-2-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Westpoint my historical facts and the facts of the oil usage by the US and the countries that he buy from are not mystery form me.

Very well, but you're going to have to explain the previous statement to me then.

Understand, do not underestimate me.

My opinion in this thread is as good as yours without having to bring your knowledge of historical facts.

Understand.

Yes mam, Sergeant Marge.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   

What Iranian threats?

Sminkey are you going to make me point this out every single time you post? Iran has often stated that they want Israel wiped off the map. I’m going to go out on a limb and say that falls under the category of a threat.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Iran has often stated that they want Israel wiped off the map.

- You know as well as I that "the Iranian government" has said no such thing.

The guy ran off at the mouth at a rally for Palestinians,
Same as has happened since 1979.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that falls under the category of a threat.

- In view of the context it's a very very weak one.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

- You know as well as I that "the Iranian government" has said no such thing.

Even if you don't consider the President of Iran part of the government he is defiantly a mouthpiece for them. After all, if the President was going against the Ayatollahs do you think there would be no consequences?

Also, lets define threat.

1. An expression of an intention to inflict pain, injury, evil, or punishment.
2. An indication of impending danger or harm.
3. One that is regarded as a possible danger; a menace.

Threat

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
By the time Iran's ready for its second barrage of Chem and bio artillery, They will of been nuked.

The USA will never send human beings into a full on cronfrontational war with C/B weapons.

Internal Public opinion controls the USA, if thousnads of soilders were gasping on the stenched foggy battlefield of a chem attack, the country would refuse to follow there leader...

The world sucks, but human beings dont stand for needless suffering, of there friends, relatives or families, USA citizens wouldnt work.

C'mon, you really think the troops marched to baghdad EXPECTING to be shelled by Bio artillery?

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Unfortunately he is only voicing a respond from the hostile environment that the US is creating withing the UN, and the hostilities that Israel is voicing because of the animosity between the two do not help either.

Are you serious ??? the man came out and simply started blowing up crap, saying "Israel should be blown off the map", and you balme it on the USA and Israel ?

Taking in consideration that India, Pakistan and Israel has nuclear capability I find rather hypocritical that Iran is regarded as the could be initiators of Armageddon.

It was the mans OWN WORDS, that it IS EVERY MUSLMEMS DUTY to work for the coming of the Armageddon and the GREAT IMNA MADDHI... his own words in HIS OWN SPEECH !

Why is it so hard to to see whats right in front of our face.???
Unbelievebale.... since Hitler we still refuse to see that some peopel DO MEAN WHAT THEY SAY !

Do you think Marg that you can "appease" epoepl like that ? Do you think you can "negicate"...do you think he give s a flying farple about you ? To that guy you are just another "dirty American", that should be dead.. unless of course you would convert to Islam...

Why is it so hard to believe , when the man SAID IT HIMSELF ?

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Sminkey are you going to make me point this out every single time you post? Iran has often stated that they want Israel wiped off the map. I’m going to go out on a limb and say that falls under the category of a threat.

I'm sure you been complaining about that or mentioning it for the past 27 years haven't you?.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Bozorgh]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I'm sure you been complaining about that or mentioning it for the past 27 years haven't you?.

Well considering that I’m just a little over 17 years old I'd rather think that's impossible
I only pointed out a fact which another member was intentionally ignoring.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I think it is sad that so many of us seem to have swallowed the spin given to "Israel wiped off the map" statement. The general view by many in the middle east, is that Israel, as a country/ state/ legal entity, has no right to exist. Which upon studying the history of the situation, is an opinion i can easily understand.

Notice that the Iranian president didn't say wipe the Jews off the map, notice he didn't say wipe the people of Israel off the map. I think if he wanted to kill Jews he would probably start with the 4% Jewish minority that quite happily live and practice their religion in Iran.

Now the western media have jumped on the statement, twisted it around and promoted it as a call to arms or a call to nuke Israel with their non existant nucleur weapons.

The reality is that Iran has threatened no body, has not instagated a war for hundreds of years and is perfectly within its rights to develop nucleur power.

Whereas the united states and europe have a history of meddling in M.E affairs [often to the detriment of the locals], have just finished invading and "democratising" one of their neihbours, justifying it with bogus claims of W.M.D. And are apparently protecting the "victim"ie. Israel who is already loaded with nucleur weapons and have a policy of displacing arab land to expand their self proclaimed dream of "greater Israel"

I don't know, but as an Australian who likes to think i have an objective opinion, i'd say that the reason the Iranian president isn't backing down is because he is mostly in the right. How do you react when unjustly accused of something? How do you react when you feel someone is standing over you? Answer? probably with the same attitude as the Iranian President:

Rightous indignatation.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I came across something that mirrored a post earlier by snafu7700.

Interesting.

Armageddon and the Hojjatieh Sect of Shiite Islam

Pretty sure I've followed the procedure for a reference.

Hopefully.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join