It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the Iranian President so confident?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
snafu7700

If my time frame is not out of time, here.

US will never mention that oil is the reason for the conflicts in the middle east, but “War of terror” an American made new tag and spreading Democracy and freedom is.

You can have more propaganda and market to the world and the American people better than let said, we are after the middle east countries like Iraq and Iran oil.

As with Iraq the WMDs will be citied for the inminent and possible attacks to Iran.

This time an attack because the possibilities of uranium enrichment in the nuclear facilities that Iran Has already will be enough and easily to sell than Sadam rat chase was.

Iran is a strategic and important asset in the middle east and so is Iraq when it comes to Global energy problems.

Taking in consideration that Iraq is a Threat to the US and Israel is the most important reason in Washington to seek a probably cause for conflict.

Also we have many officials in Washington that also have very high interest in the oil business and what such a big resource of it like Iran can bring.

Let’s not forget also the strategic location of Iran.

If you think that attacking Iran is not the top priority of the US as now you have been rob.

Sanctions will only push Iran into enriching uranium and another reason for Israel to be the first ones to start the conflict.

This has been in the table with Cheney ahead of the planning since the Iraqi conflict started.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Yeah I don't really see anyway back now, I think just the threats alone from the Iranian president have made sure that unless there is a coup to topple him from power, Iran is heading towards invasion.
That's my thought on the matter anyway.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
do you have any proof of this "cheney has had plans on the table for iran" thing?

before iraq, we had been rattling the saber continuously. we made it very clear that military intervention was definitely on the table. with this situation, however, we have not mentioned military action in any way, shape or form. in fact, if you listened to the state of the union address, bush made it very very clear that he wants iran to abide by their signed agreements and take the political solutions offered by russia and others. furthermore, the only reason israel hasnt acted yet is because we have been holding them back. bush doesnt want a broader ME war....he knows that the tenuous hold democracy has in both afganistan and iraq would come tumbling down if iran enters the fray.

i challenge you to go back and actually read everything bush and company have said in regards to iran. they dont want iran to enter the war because they know it would be disastrous.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
On an interview with MSNBC on January 20, 2005 Cheney voice that Iran was "right at the top of the list" of global trouble spots and worried that Israel might strike to shut down Tehran's nuclear programs. "One of the concerns people have is that Israel might do it without being asked"

Cheney was the strongest supporter of the conflict in Iraq, occurs because it benefited him very well.

In that interview he even brought the fact that Israel was been targeted by Iran many times when the leader talks about their destruction, this brings many scenarios and reasons to attack Iran.

Is not doubt that Israel has not problems with doing just that.

The planning for the confrontation with Iran has been in the table since the Iraqi conflict and since January of last year when many though that Iran was going to be targeted during the summer of the same year.

This time the negotiations and sanctions will not be allowed to drag for too long, as with Iraq, sanctions will not work with Iran the same way that didn’t work with Iraq.

The same way that you are to believe what the president told you about Iraq is the same that you believe now with Iran.

That is the way that propaganda works.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Do you really think the U.S is going to stand back and have a country (Iran) develop nuclear technology when the British have major concerns about it's role supplying the insurgents in Iraq.They have also threatened Israel and are actively supporting Hamas and other Islamic militants and probably harbouring Al queda leaders, is it me or does it seem a little bit dangerous to let this hardline leader have a nuke?

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien DNA
Do you really think the U.S is going to stand back and have a country (Iran) develop nuclear technology when the British have major concerns about it's role supplying the insurgents in Iraq.They have also threatened Israel and are actively supporting Hamas and other Islamic militants and probably harbouring Al queda leaders, is it me or does it seem a little bit dangerous to let this hardline leader have a nuke?

So we should go into Iran because the president tells us is all for our own good and to save Israel from them.

Israel can take care of itself very well thanks to US support.

it actually sounds good . . . if we top it with the fact that another war will be very good for the war profiteers and that we will be taking care of the future oil crisis it will actualy sound convincing.

Iran is not more dangerous, than Pakistan, India and Israel that already have nuclear power in the middle east.

And US didn't stop any of them for acquiring them, even when Pakistan was housing Al-qaida fighters well before they started their nuclear program.

Funny how the cookie crumbles when it comes to priorities.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

So we should go into Iran because the president tells us is all for our own good and to save Israel from them.

Israel can take care of itself very well thanks to US support.

Actually it more for the USA's own good.... in case you have forgotten they do have a thing for AMericans...specially dead ones.

Iran is not more dangerous, than Pakistan, India and Israel that already have nuclear power in the middle east.

Neither India or Israel are threats to the world ...thats why they have had nuclear power for ages and nothing ever happend...as to Pakistan... well you maybe right about that one.

And US didn't stop any of them for acquiring them, even when Pakistan was housing Al-qaida fighters well before they started their nuclear program.

VERY VERY True... The USA owes that to Mr. Clinton

I would reaaly like to know what your suggestion would be, when the Iranian leader clearly said, "we will blow Israel of the map, either you like it or not"... should the world just sit back and watch ? I guess so... its all just a bunch of Jews anyway, right ?

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

I would really like to know what your suggestion would be, when the Iranian leader clearly said, "we will blow Israel of the map, either you like it or not"... should the world just sit back and watch ? I guess so... its all just a bunch of Jews anyway, right ?

I wonder how Israelis will feel with this statement when in reality Israel has more arsenal than any other country in the world, including Nuclear weapons

That they will have not problem using to defend themselves is a fact.

Incredible how the propaganda to portrait a poor defenses Israel is swallow up by many.

Wake up the can start the fire works anytime they want too.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043[/i

Funny how the cookie crumbles when it comes to priorities.

Marg,

Neither the USA nor Israel are threatened by India or Pakistan. Iran has a
President calling for the destruction of Israel. Israel has stated that a nuclear Iran is not acceptable, do to the concieved threats constantly coming from Iran. Iran stated that if it is attacked by Israel they will retaliate against American troops in Iraq. So, whether you agree with Iran being a threat or not, the fact is Iran has taken a volitale situation and made it worse with saber rattling and war talk. Russia offered Iran a way to save face and Iran refused and stepped up the tough rhetoric by threatening the USA, so what do we do? We could do nothing and hope that Iran goes away! We could wait until Israel attacks Iran's Nuke sites and Iran attacks our troops in Iraq. We could coordinate an attack with Israel and take out Irans ability to retaliate thus saving American lives.
The fact is Iran can stop the madness anytime by cooperating. Another fact is Israel will attack Iran soon if Iran does not stand down. So where does that leave the USA? Iran has already seen the USA attack Afganistan and Iraq and yet Iran continues this very dangerous game with Israel and the USA. Sorry but IMHO Iran is digging it's own grave.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Just like one in 25 people in America...

Sociopaths are unable to listen to that internal voice that says "thats not right"
It is strongly genetic, and in societys that don't tolerate Nuerotic behavior, they can become a much higher percentage...

Picture this... Islamic heros of the Iranian revolution performed many sociopath type actions... and they killed off many that weren't willing to fight (the weak and nuerotic) thus enlarging the potential gene pool of sociopaths...

FYI sociopaths are not bound by ethics or morals, so they can literally do anything, or say anything without consideration...
they also tend to gravitate towards leadership positions...
known by the way they will do anything to get what they want, and the ruthless nature, and an elitist attitude... (sound like anyone else we know?)

Just my guess...
but with better than 1-25 odds, and hundreds of world leaders, we are sure to roll craps eventually...
maybe a few times...

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It had not occurred to me that Iran's president might be a sociopath, operative word being might. That does bear some looking into, and would explain his outbursts. Good thinking, though a bit on the frightening side.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
You know is very laughable that the reasons for an attack of Iran is been narrowed by the comments of the leader of Iran that actually he is just a figure head.

The leader of Iran wants to "Take Israel out of the face of the earth"

So Iran has to be taken out first.

Funny how so many fall for the propaganda.

No wonder people get so confused that some still claim that Saddam have MWDs in Iraq.

From all the threads on Iran I see how many different reasons are given to attack Iran.

I guess that is the way that the government wants it.

Who knows maybe after the invasion of Iran we may find the MWDs of Saddam with his name and signature still attach to them.

You are all falling for it again.

I though that after the fiasco in Iraq people learned their lessons.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This topic is popular. There have been so many posts i doubt anyone will read mine, but than again I'm used to talking to myself. haha.

poss. 3: he's nut's

Yeah I am beginning to think he has suicidal tendencies.

Very Possible.

-He's working with the United States as mentioned by several of you.

-He has an aire of False confidence.

-He also Might believe that he is a "chosen" member of one of the world's oldest peoples.

-He thinks that India and Egypt will back him up.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I see we have some intelligent posts in here.
What you have got to think of though is Iran and most other countries in the Middle East do not want Israel around. I am not jewish but don't you think these guys have had enough victimisation for a few lifetimes, and I am pretty sure has the western worlds interests at heart.
Israel is like the little kid in the playground with a crowd of bullies surrounding it, at the end of the day the Middle East is conspiring to get rid of Israel and if you let that happen Islamic militants will only gain much more support and then guess who they hate just as much as Israel.
Europe and the United States must unite and defeat the Islamic fundamentalist's.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You keep mentioning this Marge and you like to drone on and on about how we are brainwashed and how we fall for this and that. A favorite of yours is calling everyone a liar but the Person under question. You rarely use sources, instead you offer us your great insight, which of course leaves no room for doubt

So tell me Marge, what exactly is propaganda here?

[edit on 3-2-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

You know is very laughable that the reasons for an attack of Iran is been narrowed by the comments of the leader of Iran that actually he is just a figure head.

iran is a theocracy, and the supreme leader is an ayatollah. if ahmadinejad did not have the supreme leader's full confidence, he would either not be in power, or he would have been shut up a long time ago.

yes he does....he believes that he is doing allah's work to bring the mahdi back sooner.

says who? you keep making that comment, but you have as of yet to give a single quote or source from someone in the current administration that wants to use military force on iran. you mentioned cheney earlier, but evidently you didnt actually read what he was saying.....israel wants very much to put a stop to iran's nuclear ambitions right now, but we are trying to keep them from doing that.

the only person i have heard call for a stronger stance on iran is hillary clinton. she has actually said that bush's stance is too soft.

isnt it though? looked in the mirror lately?

No wonder people get so confused that some still claim that Saddam have MWDs in Iraq.

claims? i guess we didnt sell them to him, huh? i guess he never used them on the kurds, huh?

From all the threads on Iran I see how many different reasons are given to attack Iran.

i see many different threads attempting to assertain what iran's ultimate goal is, but the only talk i've seen about attacking iran seems to be coming from the anti-iraq war people like yourself. again, how about some kind of proof that the US has done anything but try to find a political solution to the iranian problem?

Who knows maybe after the invasion of Iran we may find the MWDs of Saddam with his name and signature still attach to them.

i doubt it.....theyre in syria.

I though that after the fiasco in Iraq people learned their lessons.

they did, which is why the bush administration is trying to find a peaceful solution to the problem. its people like you that are screaming "war! war! war!".....and dont even seem to realize what they are saying.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
yeah, it occoured to me too, i've come up with three possibilities, although china could be a fourth for me, i hadn't heard about any links 'till now, anyway

poss. 1: he thinks the US is overstretched and can't afford to send in the troops, and no-one will back them up after the iraq/WMD lies,

poss. 2: he's playing domestic pollitics and will back down in the 11th hour

poss. 3: he's nut's

poss. 4: he is backed up by a capable force (*cough* Russia *cough* China *cough*)

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Marg6043,

Thank you for revealing the hidden agenda of the Repulican party,

Oil / egocentrism.

It is a sad time because I do not know if the democrats are strong enough to restore civility to this government run by little boys.

However, I have to tell you I am happy to see the Republican party maturing.

We have seen GWB transform into an intelligent president.

There were several of you earlier referring to Iran's president as a psychopath, which is quite possible.

But I have to ask you this, is he the psychopath or is he a puppet on a string for psychopaths?

Is he crazy or is he anorexic, possibly infected, stressed out, chronic pain sufferer, and scared?

I guess that is the way that the government wants it.

You are all falling for it again.

I though tha
t after the fiasco in Iraq people learned their lessons.
]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Folks.........do you remember the Iran Iraq war that last almost 10 years??

During that war there was one battle where the Iran leadership was said to dip their skin in this "holy oil" they had and the bullets shot at them would bounce off.......as Allah would protect them!

So all these Iranians ran into the charge of battle and were slaugtered.......

When you have a blind cult believe like Muslims you have unrealistic confidence.......

Like meeting a bunch of virgins after you die killing infidels........what a freaking joke of dark age morons some people are in this world.........

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by futuretense
Folks.........do you remember the Iran Iraq war that last almost 10 years??

During that war there was one battle where the Iran leadership was said to dip their skin in this "holy oil" they had and the bullets shot at them would bounce off.......as Allah would protect them!

So all these Iranians ran into the charge of battle and were slaugtered.......

When you have a blind cult believe like Muslims you have unrealistic confidence.......
You hit the nail on the head

Like meeting a bunch of virgins after you die killing infidels........what a freaking joke of dark age morons some people are in this world.........

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join