It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the Iranian President so confident?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
snaf - this newbie doesn't have enough posts for a U2U response (need 20)

message - go ahead, use it, no problem with me at all

Found a similar one as well (at top of linked page)

additional link

(edit for link)

[edit on 3-2-2006 by Breezin]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by futuretense
Like meeting a bunch of virgins after you die killing infidels........what a freaking joke of dark age morons some people are in this world.........

wel first of all lets get some things straight iraqi army was not a muslim army so they where not fighting a relious war so how can you call them fanatic. they are secular bathists.

secondly iranians are shia and have shia soldiers they do not belive in the virgins thing becuase that is only belived by some groups who are sunni.
here is my explenation below :

first of all the virgin wives thing in not in the quran but in somthing known as a sunni hadiths(sunnah). hadiths mean recordings/sayings of important religous firgures in there sect of islam, these are seperate from the quran and are a different group of books. the sunnis follow the hadeeths of the sahabas there hadeeths are allegedly the sayings of the prophet mohammed they where documented and compiled after he dyed and are classifiyed under 3 catagories :

1. strong - there is a good chance that he actaully said this quote.
2. false - the quote documented is fake or a lie.
3. weak - there is no evidence of it being true or flase so it is added just as a refernce becuase it was mentioned and attributed to him.

the quote about the virgin wives is placed in the hadiths of sunni islam and is a weak hadeeth quote. secondly you will rarely hear a muslim actaully use this quote the lie that all muslims belive this was actaully spread by right-wing christian groups and anti-muslim groups against islam only a few sects follow these hadeeths and very few actally recognise weak hadiths as acceptable.

secondly shia muslims from iran they do not recognise sunni haddets(sayings of mohammed) and belive they are all false lies and do not read or belive in them instead they follow hadeeths(sayings) of the 12 imams which are shia hadeeths(sayings) hence shia do not belive that he will get x amounts of virgins when they die.

the above clears up that you know noting about what your trying to talk about so please stop spreading lies that all muslims belive they will get x amount of wives when they die only muslims who belive in sunni hadeets belive they will possibly(weak hadith) will get them.

[edit on 3-2-2006 by iqonx]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
So tell me Marge, what exactly is propaganda here?

[edit on 3-2-2006 by WestPoint23]

The same propaganda that got us in the mess that is called now "The Democratic and free nation of Iraq"

Because Bush said so.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

The same propaganda that got us in the mess that is called now "The Democratic and free nation of Iraq"

Indeed, instead of looking at the facts end analyses by the IAEA and other organizations, you continue your line of thought that if Bush is involved it must be false.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by iqonx
first of all the virgin wives thing in not in the quran but in somthing known as a sunni hadiths(sunnah). hadiths mean recordings/sayings of important religous firgures in there sect of islam, these are seperate from the quran and are a different group of books. the sunnis follow the hadeeths of the sahabas there hadeeths are allegedly the sayings of the prophet mohammed they where documented and compiled after he dyed and are classifiyed under 3 catagories :

3. weak - there is no evidence of it being true or flase so it is added just as a refernce becuase it was mentioned and attributed to him.

the quote about the virgin wives is placed in the hadiths of sunni islam and is a weak hadeeth quote. secondly you will rarely hear a muslim actaully use this quote the lie that all muslims belive this was actaully spread by right-wing christian groups and anti-muslim groups against islam only a few sects follow these hadeeths and very few actally recognise weak hadiths as acceptable.

secondly shia muslims from iran they do not recognise sunni haddets(sayings of mohammed) and belive they are all false lies and do not read or belive in them instead they follow hadeeths(sayings) of the 12 imams which are shia hadeeths(sayings) hence shia do not belive that he will get x amounts of virgins when they die.

the above clears up that you know noting about what your trying to talk about so please stop spreading lies that all muslims belive they will get x amount of wives when they die only muslims who belive in sunni hadeets belive they will possibly(weak hadith) will get them.

Thanks for the lesson professor iqonx, but it sounds like Futuretense got it right to me.

Listen up.......Most Americans could give a Rats-A** about the difference between Shia/Sunni Muslims. Islam is in the darkages and it better get its act together or we will do it for them.

Iran is the next domino to fall and our forces are not as stretched as as everyone thinks....in fact most here would be surprised how fast American ground forces could be re-deployed for an attack on Iran.

Maximu§

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I'm not saying this is the case, but one must be careful not to mistake politics for confidence.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Because the theocracy and especially it's more extreme wing have little to lose from US or Israeli airstrikes and lots to gain. The Iranian government is in a precarious political position. And they know very well that nothing unites a fractious population than an external attack. So they're encouraging one.

Are they willing to trade a few labs out in the desert to ensure they stay in power for another 25 years? I don't doubt it.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Are they willing to trade a few labs out in the desert to ensure they stay in power for another 25 years? I don't doubt it.

Didn't saddam have similar thoughts right before the iraq war? That the U.S. would blow up a few WMD storage depots and then leave with him still ruling iraq. Well, that was a fatal miscalculation for saddam's sons (and many others) and might soon turn out the same for him as well.

Guess the ayatollahs missed that lesson if your theory is correct.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Seems like we have a few clever people around here, but let's look into the subject and get back to the real question and that is why is the Iranian president so confident? Well?
Heres why, and its not really his fault its just the kind of society he lives in.
He believes the Mahdi is coming back to Earth I suppose its like the second coming or something (correct me if I'm wrong) and I think it's a five year old kid that disappeared in about 914AD (again correct me if I'm wrong) but this is what kind of stuff they believe in over there.
They think we are still crusaders and infidels (they are stuck back in time) someone tell him that its not King Richard the lionheart he's playing with it's the most powerful military on the planet he's up against and he may be bringing his own country to armagedden instead of the other way around.
WAKE UP FOOL!

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   

the above clears up that you know noting about what your trying to talk about

- ROFLMAO.

I love it!

Excellent post iqonx; a beautiful example of 'ignorance denied (the motto of this place), nice job.

Take not the slightest notice of those who can't abide facing up to the truth of their own prejudice and ignorance........they're just the kind to have gone on and on and on around here using that erroneous stuff to make attacks and digs when it suited them as if they were talking fact.

Have a 'way above' along with my respect.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Funny how so many fall for the propaganda.

You keep mentioning this Marge and you like to drone on and on about how we are brainwashed and how we fall for this and that.

Brainwashing:

Intensive, forcible indoctrination, usually political or religious, aimed at destroying a person's basic convictions and attitudes and replacing them with an alternative set of fixed beliefs.

Now, what would you call the 24/7 media coverage PRIOR to the 2003 invasion?...

Saddam SADDAM saddam SADDAM saddam Terrorists, terrorists, terrorists, SADDAM, WMD WMD WMD WMD SADDAM IRAQ SADDAM SADDAM IRAQ TERRORISTS 911, 911 SADDAM 911 911 SADDAM THREAT THREAT WMD WMD THREAT THREAT SADDAM 911 SADDAM THREAT

Im sure If i put a message on every TV screen in the world, through various news agencies all telling them the same BS over and over and over for 2 yrs... telling them i had undeniable PROOF

Id call that brainwashing.

wouldnt you?

And didnt the world fall for it!

notice how Osama didnt come up?
notice how he's still on the run, yet saddams in prison?

The country you love so much has created a war on terror, yet let the terrorists roam free, while you capture a man who had NOTHING TO DO WITH IT, which in turned created a entirely new front which your brave men and women are dying on,

I admit to being brainwashed, atleast im not as stupid as to continue falling for it, eh westpoint?

[edit on 4-2-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Didn't saddam have similar thoughts right before the iraq war? That the U.S. would blow up a few WMD storage depots and then leave with him still ruling iraq. Well, that was a fatal miscalculation for saddam's sons (and many others) and might soon turn out the same for him as well.

No, it was very clear from well before the start of the Iraq War that the goal was to be "regime change", not just taking out a few (apparently nonexistent btw) WMD storage depots.

In the case of Iran that's not even a realistic option - while the US can certainly launch an air campaign to attack Iran's nuclear facilities, I don't think a full scale invasion and occupation is even being considered. Iran is a much bigger (and far more cohesive) country than Iraq, and a land invasion would be an extremely costly and messy operation.

[edit on 2/4/06 by xmotex]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
And they know very well that nothing unites a fractious population than an external attack. So they're encouraging one.

That is the best statement I have read so far around these boards when it comes to Iran and the war happy patriots in these boards, they are so patriot that care less the mess that another attack in the middle east will bring and the casualties that we most endure, not even counting the financial mess we are now and the one we surely get into.

Plus the oil barons reaping the gains from the oil mess that will also come our way they will terrorized American consumer more than Iran will.

But as long as is a war against "Terrorrrrrrrr" is just fine and dandy.

Agit8dChop,

While you understand very well what “Propaganda is all about” many will never admit that they have fallen for it.

Thanks for making it more clear but trust me Westpoint still will not get it.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Whatever happens next its not gonna be good

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Thanks for making it more clear but trust me Westpoint still will not get it.

Marge you do know that there is a flipside to that statement, but of course since there is no room for doubt in your beliefs then there is no point.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by futuretense
Like meeting a bunch of virgins after you die killing infidels........what a freaking joke of dark age morons some people are in this world.........

wel first of all lets get some things straight iraqi army was not a muslim army so they where not fighting a relious war so how can you call them fanatic. they are secular bathists.

secondly iranians are shia and have shia soldiers they do not belive in the virgins thing becuase that is only belived by some groups who are sunni.
here is my explenation below :

[edit on 3-2-2006 by iqonx]

What religion is not ridiculus?

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Marge you do know that there is a flipside to that statement, but of course since there is no room for doubt in your beliefs then there is no point.

yeah, you'll notice that she completely ignored my responses to her and my questions about sources for her info that i posted on page four of this thread. she has no interest in debating the issue at hand....only spouting her anti-bush rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
“Oh, the tangled webs we weave, when we practice to deceive.”
Sir Walter Scott

Too bad GWB didn’t think of the above quote when he and his cronies were fabricating reasons for invading Iraq. But, I doubt seriously GWB had the mental capacity to understand the pitfalls and dangers that lie ahead once committing to this course of action, and, due to the same mental handicap, was easily misled down this treacherous path by the hawkish, self-serving group of individuals he chose to advise him. IMO GWB, like most Americans, view war through rose tinted glasses, recollections of John Wayne in the movie “Green Beret”, and has the popular misconception that America is an invincible force. I call that way of thinking a “John Wayne Complex”.

Well, here we are, several years after first occupying Iraq, and all I can say is, “Welcome, GWB, to the REAL WORLD”.

I’m certainly no expert in this area, but I think I can sense when things have gotten totally out of control and are on the verge of chaos and utter madness. I believe the only reason the US has not been strutting up and down the International Board Walk and recklessly spewing arrogant, threatening rhetoric in the direction of Iran is because we simply don’t have the resources to back our BIG mouth. It certainly has nothing to do with learning lessons from Iraq and/or Vietnam; I mean, come on, let’s get real. Who knows, maybe GWB’s most trusted adviser, God, has told him to ease up a little before blindly storming into Iran, as it may break the piggy bank.

I seriously have to wonder if we (America - I’m American) are financially prepared to invade yet another country, and that we might be taxing our economic and military machines beyond the breaking point by doing so. It’s really not such a long road from here to there, and you know, this could be one reason Iran is being so bold. Could it be that other countries (China, Russia, or whomever) may be using smaller countries like Iran as pawns to distract us, while at the same time plotting America’s demise by first bankrupting it, and then psychologically and militarily defeating it? IMHO that may be over-simplified a bit, but is not beyond the realm of possibilities. Can you imagine the degree of psychological damage done to the populace of America if just one, single nuclear strike were to take place in our homeland? Instead of rallying around Ol’ Glory and uniting to fight the enemy, we would probably be too busy digging holes in our back yards to save our butts. We (America) have made a number of enemies over the past few years, you know. In my teensy little brain it’s not a very big stretch to envision such a scenario. I, for one, wouldn’t want to be a soldier in the battlefield when the news came down that my country has become bankrupt, and that, from this point forward, my patriotism alone must be sufficient to sustain me in the bloody battles ahead.

Since being a child, and I’m not sure why, I’ve always thought that when WWIII finally breaks out, and ballistic missiles take to the sky, it will be a war based on religious differences as much as anything else, and Israel will be at the heart of it. Somehow, I think this is a shared thought. At any rate, when/if it does happen, we’d better ALL duck; even us arrogant Americans will not escape the fiery wrath that will surely ensue.

If there is a God out there, I’d say now is a good time to learn how to pray.

BTW, all the above is simply IMHO …

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Just think about us Brit's at least in America you have nuclear shelter's I've never seen one in Britain!
Better hide under the bed and hope for the best

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
mehdi wont be coming soon maby not for the nxt 100 200 years
if you want to life for that long Drink MILK

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join