It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commonly exaggerated sayings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
As I was driving to work this morning, I thought of something which made me think, "Gee there's nothing worse than when that happens!". Unfortunately, what THAT was escapes me right now, but I thought about this comment and wondered how many times has something qualified as being the worst thing that could happen? It obviously couldn't have been that bad if I can't even remember it now! Another saying I here a lot, especially at work, is "At the end of the day such and such will happen". Whatever day that might be I'm not looking forward to it, because it's completely booked and I'll be run off my feet with everything that needs to be done! What are some other exaggerated sayings that get bandied around far too frequently?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
My dad used to tell me to go and 'play tick with the buses' which i always thought was nice of him. lol

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by picklewalsh
My dad used to tell me to go and 'play tick with the buses' which i always thought was nice of him. lol

Haha! My old man's phrase was "Stop (doing whatever I was doing wrong) before I knock yer bloody 'ead off yer shoulders"

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Hi guys,

If I've told you once I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate!!

I'll kick your arse 'til your nose bleeds!

Just two off the top of me head.

Cheers

J

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
When someone comes home from a hard days work and says "Oooh, my feet are on fire".

I'm quite sure 99.9% of the time their feet are flame free

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I'm so hungry I could eat a horse.

I know, I know it may be literal for some...

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
'I'll hit you so hard, your dad wont be able to sit down for a week' - that was said to me by a police offecer once, he didn't though.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
.>insert funny comment>.

Oh man that was the funniest thing I have ever heard!!

... Yeah you get the idea

[edit on 30-1-2006 by chissler]

[edit on 30-1-2006 by chissler]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think the most commonly exaggerated saying is "I love you" - I wonder how many people have said that without meaning it?

Sorry to get all mushy and stuff!

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Referring to 3am in the morning as the middle of the night. In actual fact i think the new day should start at 6am, timekeeping should be brought forward 6 hours and we should use a 24 hour clock at all times. Thus the first 12 hours would be light and the next 12 dark approximately.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
How are you? - I can't complain....Why not?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I say this one alot-"My dogs are barking" (which means my feet are hurting)

Or "I cried my eyes out" Now who really ever cries their eyes completely out? LOL

Or "He/She broke my heart" Now would you be here if someone had the ability to actually "break your heart"?

I'm all tongue tied or my stomach is in knots.

I have a splitting headache now from thinking too much LOL

top topics

join