It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a satanist?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777

ok I refrain from big night out drinking and partying cos its a bit too physical plane for me...and sex and all of that...is that why a lot of Satanists like it? so they can go out and run amock and its all ok? My gist of things is that you need to live your life in a spiritual way as much as possible as all the really physical things keep you well entrenched in the physical plane...now it might be fun but it doesnt last...just makes you heavy. Does Satan give you that spiritual connection? Like are you walking around almost out of your body? Do you just run with desire or do you want to feel lighter?

Is that where consequence comes in? oh and if you couldnt read my deliberate errors the question is 'does Satan forgive you? or is there no need cos ... whatever' what if you believe in God..does that pees off Satan?

I can't speak for the Satanists, but according to their writings, especially "The Satanic Bible" by Anton Szandor LaVey, Satanism pretty much despises spirituality of all kinds (and is really why they call it "Satanism", being a symbol for materialism).

I would agree with your general gist, but of course, must disagree with your (at least, apparent) negative view of sex. In the eastern religions, especially Hinduism, sex has always been seen as spiritual and sacred. Of course, like all things sacred, it can be profaned by the ignorant, but that would still not discredit its divine value. In this, I would basically agree with the Hindus and Thelemites.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I enjoy the drink more often than not. When I drink too much or for too many days, my body wil ltell me when it has had enough.

I enjoy sex.

I believe in "Survival of the Fittest"

I believe in the laws of nature.

I do not believe in the morals of christianity, heaven and hell, good and evil or so and so's doctrine.

I believe in what I believe and if it does not fall within the realm of christianity, hinduism or judaism, etc. does it make be a satanist? I think not.

The lack of belief in one category does not automatically make me a believer in another.

There are many different theories as to what constitutes being a Satanist. If you believe and/or worship Christ does it make you a Christian? Now I would start to think so; therefore ask yourself if you believe and/or worship Satan.

I believe in the natural way, does that make me a naturalist? Some here would believe it makes me a Satanist, or maybe I read wrong or misinterpreted.

nat

If I do not like Chevrolet, does not automatically mean I like Ford.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

I can't speak for the Satanists, but according to their writings, especially "The Satanic Bible" by Anton Szandor LaVey, Satanism pretty much despises spirituality of all kinds (and is really why they call it "Satanism", being a symbol for materialism).

Why would you want to stay at the material level with respect to energy? regardless of beliefs...u mentioned Hinduism, eastern religion, they focus on attaining some higher goal...and overcoming the material is one of them. I tend to agree...

I would agree with your general gist, but of course, must disagree with your (at least, apparent) negative view of sex. In the eastern religions, especially Hinduism, sex has always been seen as spiritual and sacred. Of course, like all things sacred, it can be profaned by the ignorant, but that would still not discredit its divine value. In this, I would basically agree with the Hindus and Thelemites.

Sex is the lowest form of physical attraction...it's not love. Different if you are committed to someone but just to have your life ruled by sex... I really think it is a lower energy, heavier. I dont label it good or bad, just light or heavy... I guess thats where my spiritual beliefs come in... and satanist view this as nature? Like animals...?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
For Me, Satan literally means He who Slanders or Hb. Adversary. Any being, Human, alien, Gods, Goddesses, Demons, Etc. That don't Follow God are little "satans". Or adversaries of "God". Since they Slander "God", by not worshiping Her. (Notice: Not all demons are "Evil" in our sense. Some Can be quite Good. By human standards. But any Being that Worships "self" or "others" over God. Is simply Unforgivable in His eyes.)

A mainline to Modern Christian definition would deny to Corporal reality of "Old Diablo". And simply state "ignorance" is Satan. And with proper "Modern Education", ie psych, Sociology, Humanistic philosophy, etc. The person will transcend petty superstitions like "A Red Guy with a Pitchfork" and focus on more important Things like Universal Healthcare, Poverty, And Voting for H. Clinton. (Note: For Ann Coulter Republicans, Bill\Hilary are "Satan\Lillith".)

A more Orthodox Christian would state Satan is old "morning star" or Lucifer. He was a Guardian Cherub. And worshiped at God's Throne. But over time He became jealous of God getting all the "glory". And rebelled along with 1\3 rd of the Angels. They Got into a Big skirmish in Heaven. And got thrown to Earth.

Other "Missing Books of Bible" add Tabloid like Details. Like Satan's Son\wife, Human\Demon Hybrids, Animal\Demon hybrids, etc. A good book to read would be the "secrets of Enoch for exp.".

Hindu's Have no conception of a Counter Diety to Brahman. Since it Would constitute a Dual Duality of Evil-Good in all Things. And then Brahman would be "known". Ruining the Whole "Unknown Brahman" concept.

For Hindu's Brahman is absolute eternally "nothing" becoming something. And the Various somethings are the Various Gods\Goddesses Of the Hindu's. (Of course, There is a paradox that the Gods\Goddesses are also aspects of Brahman as well. So we have a duality of plurality with one essence. Monism.)

First of let me explain that "Evil and Good" are mere labels in Hinduism. They have no meaning except in the illusionary world of Concepts. Simply, Evil and Good don't Exist. They are but a illusion. All that is real is "Braham" and can not be revealed. But must be experienced. (typically by some Exercise like Yoga, or other types of Self awareness exercises)

Let me correspond This to Christianity. The Angels are all aspects of God, The Demons also are all aspects of God. They Eternally Fight for the worship of Man. The Deva's are the angels, And the asura are the Demons. (Think of Diablo with the PC as a Avatar of "Good".)

The Lesser Man worships either the Angels or the Demons. The greater man knows they Are but aspects of "God", And knows he is God as well. (The PC sits in a lotus position. Unfettered to the worries of the World. While Diablo has his "buttocks" kicked by a pc named "vishnu".)

So "Devil" in Hinduism is the Asura's, But that really Doesn't Matter. Since they like you Are Brahman.

(please note I excluded the lesser known hindu Dvaita school of thought)

[edit on 8-2-2006 by msnevil]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I think i'll just stay out of this thread since I feel like my believes are underfire and I might do the same, even though that is not my intention.

Can you accept that I have MY believes? and I will accept your believes.

I'll stay out of this for right now.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Hi

why do you think your beliefs are under fire? My intention was to learn, I dont think I have responded to anyone in a negative way...or put someone's belief system down...

I would be interested to hear what you have to say...

cheers
Nat

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Hi

why do you think your beliefs are under fire? My intention was to learn, I dont think I have responded to anyone in a negative way...or put someone's belief system down...

I would be interested to hear what you have to say...

cheers
Nat

Hmmm yes you are right i've seen it before, defensive positions when some one just asks.
This might be a tactic when they feel something is going to pop up and they dont want it to.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by msnevil]/quote]

Hindu's Have no conception of a Counter Diety to Brahman. Since it Would constitute a Dual Duality of Evil-Good in all Things. And then Brahman would be "known". Ruining the Whole "Unknown Brahman" concept.

I think that is very interesting..yanno no evil/good labels...things just are what they are.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Okay, i'll explain my feelings on this...

Christian in denial would be in my book an Agnostic person, not willing to say they don't believe in god nor that they do, and would only acknowledge god if they saw him with their own eyes.

I do not deny Christianity, but I claim no affiliation with it.

I am a person with a theory, I lable my self Satanist since that Theory included a entity that was discussed in the bible under the name Satan.

If anything i'm a Satanist in denial.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by natrlyst

If I do not like Chevrolet, does not automatically mean I like Ford.

Hi, sorry I dont quite follow the point you are making... however you define yourself is whatever it is. I think you are saying that if u believe in things outside the scope or context of a set belief system, you must be satanist?

I dont agree with that. I certainly don't agree with labelling people.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Okay, i'll explain my feelings on this...

Christian in denial would be in my book an Agnostic person, not willing to say they don't believe in god nor that they do, and would only acknowledge god if they saw him with their own eyes.

I do not deny Christianity, but I claim no affiliation with it.

I am a person with a theory, I lable my self Satanist since that Theory included a entity that was discussed in the bible under the name Satan.

If anything i'm a Satanist in denial.

Well, I think my belief system is hard to define...now some might label me a satanist...because I relate to Traditional Witchcraft..but, I also relate to Eastern religions, Native American and Indigenous Australians' belief systems; Christianity; Science, etal... so perhaps its wrong but I take what I want from whatever sits comfortably with me....

I dont believe I am a Satanist or a Christian or one particular label at all...I am what I am....

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Why would you want to stay at the material level with respect to energy?

Energy is primarily, for lack of a better term, "spiritual" in nature. Yet it is the foundation of the material universe. As an occultist and Platonist, I do not draw a duality with "spirit" and "matter", but rather see matter as the manifestation of spirit.

regardless of beliefs...u mentioned Hinduism, eastern religion, they focus on attaining some higher goal...and overcoming the material is one of them. I tend to agree...

I would disagree that "overcoming the material" is a goal of Hinduism. I would say, instead, something to the effect that the goal is overcoming the materialistic, which is slightly different.

Sex is the lowest form of physical attraction...it's not love. Different if you are committed to someone but just to have your life ruled by sex... I really think it is a lower energy, heavier. I dont label it good or bad, just light or heavy... I guess thats where my spiritual beliefs come in... and satanist view this as nature? Like animals...?

Sex is an important subject to the mystic, both philosophically and practically. In its purest sense, sex allows us to partake of the universal mystery of creation, and it is the sex drive that is the manifestation of spiritual energy within the human organism.

All cultures have ironically viewed as sex as something sacred without really understanding why. Because of this, the religions have surrounded it with the greatest taboos, severely restricting the sex expression, for fear it would otherwise be profaned.

To begin with, from a strictly occult viewpoint, sex produces the purest of spiritual energy. There are several reasons for this. We know that in nature, electricity is generated when a positive charge joins a negative one (our car batteries are good examples). In nature, electricity is generated between man and woman in the conjugal act.

This uniting of opposites also mysteriously represents the creation of the universe, as the two participants are transcended. Furthermore, this creation is seen explicitly in the actual act of generation, when a child is conceived.

Another important point is the "magical" value of sex. I mentioned Hinduism because of this, as the Hindus have channeled the magical factor of sex in tantra, or kundalini yoga. The first western "scientific" researchers who appeared to take this seriously was Austrian physician and psychiatrist Sigmund Freud, and his star pupil Carl Gustav Jung. Freud theorized that the primal drive in the human organism is libido, or sex instinct. It was Jung who later spiritualized this concept, bringing it into near conformity with the Tantric school of Hinduism.

Aleister Crowley claimed that keeping and teaching this "secret" was in fact the sole purpose of all secret societies, who all used drama, allegory, and ritual to transmit this secret through symbolism. Crowley then pointed out that the need for all this secrecy was now over, and could be openly taught and studied in the modern scientific era, which he called the "Aeon of Horus".

If Crowley and his students were correct, it would appear that all the conspiracy theorists will be disappointed. Instead of a vast conspiracy to control the world, the real purpose of secret societies would be to teach that our species is propagated through sex, and sex is in reality of a divine nature.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Masonic Light]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   

If Crowley and his students were correct, it would appear that all the conspiracy theorists will be disappointed. Instead of a vast conspiracy to control the world, the real purpose of secret societies would be to teach that our species is propagated through sex, and sex is in reality of a divine nature.

Do you think this is where the dialectical fallacy comes in? I will have to go and find the bit from page 2 I am refering to...

so back and edit in a min

this was originally by thirtysix...

(Sorry thirtysix, I mentioned you before and thought Ravenmock had posted this...)

The dialectical fallacy

The Carbon atom is comprised of six electrons, six protons… and six neutrons. One could easily draw parallels between this supposed “God-Satan” rivalry, where both sides commit themselves to both evil and pure deeds in order to prove some grandiose point, and the dialectical nature of positive/negative charges. What is forgotten is the nature of the neutral charge. The lack of a charge is itself a type of charge, representing the perfect balance in nature. The neutron is pure matter, wholly unaffiliated with either side. However, it shares the intrinsic nature of mass with its charged counterparts.
Therefore the message of 6-6-6 is one of universal solidarity, as each particle contains mass and every known form of life owes its existence to the Carbon atom. Light, darkness, positive, negative, each opposite has its place in purity, and all are necessary in order for the Sun to work.

Ideology is paramount to partisanship. All entities possess the ability to judge right from wrong in practicing their interests. Evil is a manifestation of itself, and it knows no boundaries. Therefore it is not energy, but rather it represents what is known in Logic as an empty extension. All forms of true sin fit within this concept of nothingness.

There are enough good things around us that do exist that we need never succumb to the fallacy of permitting evil in order to appreciate what is pure. No other species on this Earth has fallen into this black hole of faulty logic. There is absolutely no need for it to continue. It cannot satisfy even its practitioners or advocates, tortured souls who strive to want and ache and complain, stuck in a vicious pattern imparted on them by their parents, going back many generations.

When truth and knowledge are no longer vilified, that will be the start of a great epoch.

First, do you know if the above can be substantiated? Have you heard of this before?

Ok now I refer to Ravenmock1

Real satanists know that Satan was Angelic (serifin) with others, cast down to earth with alot of physics knowledge (Phi) and began building tecnology like pyramids, controling natural electricity using natual substances like viniger, etc. They re-tapped into their ultasonic biocommunication abilities with extra terrestrial life and took off with them. The satanists know they are returning but over eons of evolution, they have lost their ability to procreate.The satanists know that the Aliens (formerly serifins transmuted into human, evolved into Alien and missing sex, taste and goosebumps, they was to be fully human again and will take possession over us through our ears. See Flanagans Neurophone, the satanists best device for this. This neuro training can also be accomplished by satanic mantras repeated over and over in the right vocal harmonic frequency. Like the muslims in the morning. They also mantra. Not to become in turn with the coming of Satans but to block out the ultasonic frequency trying to bore a pathway into their neuro auditory system for influence and possession or turning over our will to them. That is satanic possession. Hope this helps, Cordially, Ravenmock1

Ok please see the bold section ... do you think this has some truth to it? Especially as you suggested "the real purpose of secret societies would be to teach that our species is propagated through sex, and sex is in reality of a divine nature"...

Nat

[edit on 9-2-2006 by NJE777]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Ok please see the bold section ... do you think this has some truth to it?

No: to me, all that sounds really hokey, with aliens and non-procreating diabolists and such. The 666 factor mentioned in the first quote seems sort of fake; in modern occultism, the number is associated with Crowley because it the sum of the magic square of the sun, and Crowley's theology was a modernized form of the old Egyptian sun worship. Crowley himself wrote that the sun's magic square adding up to 666 seemed contrived, but he was never one to back down from a good controversy. His primary hobby, after all, was sacred cow tipping.

Especially as you suggested "the real purpose of secret societies would be to teach that our species is propagated through sex, and sex is in reality of a divine nature"...

Actually, that was Crowley's suggestion, not mine. Some secret societies, like O.T.O. and the Order of Saturn, have as their prime purpose the study of the spiritual nature of sex and practice of sex magic. But I would disagree with Crowley that all such organizations exist for that purpose. The Illuminati, for example, were primarily concerned with the bavarian political situation, while the first speculative Masons seemed to concentrate solely on spreading Liberalism.

[edit on 9-2-2006 by Masonic Light]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

His primary hobby, after all, was sacred cow tipping.

firstly thanks for explaining that, it all gets a bit confusing cos there is so much info/theories out there and second....sacred cow tipping? lol um? what is that? Is it a form of gambling?

Actually, that was Crowley's suggestion, not mine.

ok...noted

I will have to do some personal reading myself to grasp this....

ty
Nat

oh and edit just to say: you are so knowledgeable about all of this... I feel like a numnut...even having to read things twice....

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   

firstly thanks for explaining that, it all gets a bit confusing cos there is so much info/theories out there and second....sacred cow tipping? lol um? what is that? Is it a form of gambling?

Hehehe. "Cow tipping" is an urban legend here in the States. According to the story, some folks find cows sleeping while standing up, and tip them over. This is just a campfire story, but some people here really believe it happens.

Anyway, cows are sacred to the Hindus. In the west, we don't consider cows sacred, but we consider a lot of other things sacred which are just as dumb, if not worse. Crowley attempted to tip over our sacred cows in order to show us that much of what we hold sacred is irrational and they limit our personal growth.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join