It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Airstrike on Pakistan Possibly Kills Alqaeda's no. 2

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   

>
BREAKING NEWS

Pakistan officials are checking if a U.S. airstrike in Pakistan killed al Qaeda's number 2, Ayman al-Zawahiri, sources tell CNN.

It's on the CNN website right now. More news should be following shortly. I hope we got him.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 13-1-2006 by Rickey Gerard Perez]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I hope we got him, too.

cnn

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Its on right now. The Pakistanis are checking. If its true, theres something the CIA can finally brag about.l

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Isn't that an act of war, and a violation of the UN Charter?

If the US has the right to bomb Pakistan the Pakistani people are not going to be very happy about it no matter who we manage to kill.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

If the US has the right to bomb Pakistan the Pakistani people are not going to be very happy about it no matter who we manage to kill.

Same question about Afghanistan after 9/11. Wonder what happened?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
hey archangel im sorry did u forget about 9/11. we will go anywhere in this world to kill our enemy. we must we are at war. you disrespect the people who died on 9/11 with such thinking as we shouldnt have went after him because we might anger the paki people. i hope we got him , i dont want my daughter growing up in a world with such people . this might b the real deal as well, we wouldnt go into paki and bomb unless we were 99% sure.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Awesome! We got Al-Qaeda's number 2 guy again!!

How many more times is this going to happen?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Looks like they are saying the CIA fired about 10 Hellfire missiles, which would be 5 aircraft for this target. Thats a lot for this particular target.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Until he stops making audio and video tapes, then the plot thickens

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

i doubt it was without permission, it was a drone loitering for days and wasnt shot down.....

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It's interesting to see now there's movement in the mideast.There is talk of aircraft being moved closer to Iran,Russia is pulling it's support for Iran and now Al-Qaeda's number 2 has been targeted for assasination.It seems like it's all coming together for the U.S. and their war on terrorism in that part of the region.I think by taking that guy out before they make a strike on Iran might stop retalliation by insurgents or terrorist wannabe's throughout the globe

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiS2000

it was never reported before, what are you on about?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

Originally posted by chiS2000

it was never reported before, what are you on about?

I think he's confused about zarqawi. It's an easy mistake.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   

No. Its not. First off, war isn't illegal. Secondly, this happened in pakistan, an ally, its not an act of war, outside of it being an attack in the war on terror.

Looks like they are saying the CIA fired about 10 Hellfire missiles, which would be 5 aircraft for this target.

Why 5 craft? What craft would it be? Could it've been a predator UAV?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Why 5 craft? What craft would it be? Could it've been a predator UAV?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

It says on the third paragraph. Five Predator drones armed with Hellfire. Should have been more specific sorry.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
THere is an older thread on this topic

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I suggest everyone move to that thread while this one is being closed down.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Nygdan

No. Its not. First off, war isn't illegal. Secondly, this happened in pakistan, an ally, its not an act of war, outside of it being an attack in the war on terror.

Ally or not Pakistan was attacked.

Unless we have some agreement with them that we can bomb on their land this was both a violation of Article Two of the UN Charter, and an act of War against Pakistan.

Of course they can respond as they choose.

My point was that if there is an agreement this incident will bring it out, and the Pakistani people will not like it at all.

We make ten terrorists with every one we kill, and this incident may create even more.

And to the ones nipping at my heals I did not forget about 911, and I love America at least as much as you.

We just don't agree on the best methods for protecting ourselves.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Nygdan

Ally or not Pakistan was attacked.

Unless we have some agreement with them that we can bomb on their land this was both a violation of Article Two of the UN Charter, and an act of War against Pakistan.

Are you actually serious about this? Do you actually think that Pakistan is going to say that they were attacked here? I think you need to take a closer look at the relationship between the Americani and Pakistani governments.

My point was that if there is an agreement this incident will bring it out, and the Pakistani people will not like it at all.

Of course there's an agreement, pakistan is an ally of the US and the pakistani people dont want zawahiri in their country, nor the taliban. The pashtuns in the north are agreeable with them, but not the people in the south. Its not one big monolithic country.

We just don't agree on the best methods for protecting ourselves.
You think its a better to not kill bin ladin and zawahiri? To not fight back?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
arch, in principle non-violence is good but in reality of war it only gets you killed.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Nygdan

Of course there's an agreement, pakistan is an.....

Do you have a link to the Armed Forces agreement, and a quote that shows this is part of a standing agreement?

Does this mean that Pakistan can bomb American cities if they think terrorists are hiding there?

I'm not trying to say that Pakistan is going to war with us over this, or that the STATE will openly complain.

But I am also not ignoring the real fact that weapons of war were employed against the nation of Pakistan.

Women in children were killed, and homes destroyed.

Be glad this type of force is not used in your neighborhoods to get the bad guy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join