It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Airstrike on Pakistan Possibly Kills Alqaeda's no. 2

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Pakistan didn't even want to go there.
We were doing them a favor..
No mans land...and maybe no Ayman al-Zawahiri's land either.
I hope he's in pieces..

[edit on 13-1-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel
Do you have a link to the Armed Forces agreement, and a quote that shows this is part of a standing agreement?

Obviously not.

Does this mean that Pakistan can bomb American cities if they think terrorists are hiding there?

If Pakistan has good information about bin ladin in america and the US government says 'go aheed', then sure, they can bomb them.

Seriously, are you honestly saying that the pakistani government had no idea that this specific operation was being undertaken, or that they haven't given the US blanket permission to do this sort of thing? Do you actually beleive that????

Women in children were killed, and homes destroyed.

Innocent people died on 911. Innocent people died on the Cole. Innocent people died in the Twin Embassies. If these people in the north were helping Zawahiri, then its too bad for them.

Be glad this type of force is not used in your neighborhoods to get the bad guy.

There's a reason why that kind of force doesn't get used in america by foreign powers. Because everyone knows that the US will crush anyone that even attempts it. IOW:
This force isn't used here because we use it there.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I dont want to get ahead of myself but,

[edit on 13-1-2006 by Dronetek]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Do you have a link to the Armed Forces agreement, and a quote that shows this is part of a standing agreement?

Don't be naive, we’re assuming that since Pakistan is not kicking and screaming over this and since they are cooperating and helping with identification of the bodies that strongly suggests that they were asked beforehand, and that they approved it. The type of proof your asking for will probably never be made public for obvious reasons.

Like others have said, the Northwest region is the only area in Pakistan where there is strong support for the Taliban and Osama’s version of Islam.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The point you are missing is that you are seeing media from the other side of the world.

Look at what THEY are seeing.

"Apparently, a rocket was fired from AFGHANISTAN to target someone who was inside at the time, but residents say innocent people were killed and no terrorist was there," a local army official told The Associated Press.

Another resident told AFP that “Some aeroplanes or helicopters bombed the house of this person and 14 people were killed in the bombardment or maybe a missile attack.”

A Pakistani intelligence official said that the death toll may be much higher.
People are very angry. They are not allowing access, so exact figures of deaths and wounded people are not available,” he said.
The U.S. army claimed that it didn’t bomb the area.

Continued here...

the Al Qaeda #2 is not even mentioned.

Only America attacking, and killing innocent Pakistani families.

How many Terrorists did we kill, and how many did we create?

[edit on 13-1-2006 by ArchAngel]

mod edit to remove quote of previous post

[edit on 13-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
arch angel dont embrace ignorance , deny it. and u call yourself an american. if your so worried about the innocent paki people , i would like to ask u how much $$$$ u sent them after the earthquake. ill bet my next paycheck that u sent zip. i guess some people will argue the sky is not blue.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   

The point you are missing is that you are seeing media from the other side of the world.

So your admiting the media cant be trusted under any circumstances?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I would take everything those people in that region say with a grain of salt, they are known to be very pro Osama and Taliban. So them saying there were no terrorists here, is like Nazis generals saying there are no war criminals here.

[edit on 13-1-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

So your admiting the media cant be trusted under any circumstances?

Thats you're, and I admitted nothing, but I do agree that no media is unbiased or perfectly honest.

The TV is an electronic device designed to slowly suck your brains out through your eyes in the most pleasant maner, and no matter where you are all you have to do to make it work is watch.

Most people watch, or read, or listen.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
www.abcnews.go.com...

The attack took place early this morning Pakistan time in a small village a few miles from the border with Afghanistan.

Villagers described seeing an unmanned plane circling the area for the last few days and then bombs falling in the early morning darkness.

Eighteen people were killed, according to the villagers who said women and children were among the fatalities.

But Pakistani officials tell ABC News that five of those killed were high-level al Qaeda figures, and their bodies are now undergoing forensic tests for positive identification.

Officials say Zawahiri was known to have used safe houses in this area last winter and was believed to be in the area again this winter

Its been known that tribes especially the Pashtuns have welcome for refuge for Al Qaida members in the past so its no different that civilians would be caught in the middle. Don't give sanctuary.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Nygdan

Of course there's an agreement, pakistan is an.....

Do you have any links that say we did this without their consent?

As it is, they are a well known ally of the United States, and a well known partner in the WOT.

Unless you can supply some evidence that this was done against Pakistans will, I suggest that you consider that this was done in coperation with Pakistan.

Can you find one link, quote, or news report that suggests this was "an act of war" from the Pakistani point of view? Because frankly their view is the one that matters in this case, not yours.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Eighteen people were killed, according to the villagers who said women and children were among the fatalities.

Here we go Again.

Bad Intel, huh?

A Mistake?

An Error?

Sorry - I guess we Bombed the Wrong House.

Again.

And ALMOST got this Al-Qaeda Guy.

Again.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
hey souljah if we carried out this attack, we most likely killed some al qaeda soldiers. so even if we missed #2 . i wont complain about my tax dollars paying for these hellfire missles and the possible outrage from anyone. why are u so full of hate? i hope u dont instill such hatred for anyone in your children someday.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
hey souljah if we carried out this attack, we most likely killed some al qaeda soldiers.

Usually You Most Likely Kill Civilans - as it was shown Lately in this Airstrikes.

Bad Intel Means Death to Certail Innocent Civilans - but for you, that is only Collateral Damage.

Whatever it takes to Take this No.2 out, right?

I am sure that you are Winning the Hearts and Minds of Local Population.

18 Villagers Killed - All of them probably Completly Innocent - sure won't help to Increase the Peace.

[edit on 14/1/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Those 18 civilians killed - it's their problem. They should not harbor the terrorists. If they really got Zawahri, it's great news. Not only he was number 2, but he was the man who planned terrorist operation including WTC attack. Bin Ladin was more like ideology leader. Zawahri was more dangerous than he. But let's wait, we'll see who was there.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
souljah u act like we saw a turbin so we fired. why did u dodge my question? ill ask it again. WHY ARE YOU SO FULL OF BLIND HATE. please reassure me that u wont instill such thinking in your children someday or please do me a bigger favor and dont breed. this cycle of hatred among humans has to stop sometime . let us start now.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Pakistan Condemns Deadly U.S. Airstrike

Qaeda No.2 away during attack: Pakistan official

Al-Qaeda deputy said likely not killed in Pakistan

Pakistan condemned the airstrike and would summon the U.S. ambassador to protest the attack, Information Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed said.

US Central Intelligence Agency ( CIA) sources said earlier they had unconfirmed indications that a key target, possibly Osama bin Laden's Egyptian number two and chief ideologue, died in a raid by a US Predator drone in Pakistan.

Citing US defense sources, NBC television said the strike had targeted Zawahiri, 55.

However the US Defense Department denied that the US military had carried out any attacks in the area. "There is no reason to believe the US military is conducting operations there," said Lieutenant Colonel Todd Vician.

Pakistan forbids military operations by foreign forces in its territory, although the CIA is known to conduct operations along the Afghan border in the hunt for Osama bin Laden and his deputies.

Source: Yahoo news

[edit on 14/1/2006 by chaudri]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Here we go Again.

Bad Intel, huh?

A Mistake?

An Error?

Sorry - I guess we Bombed the Wrong House.

Yeah, early reports are indicating that we bombed another Baby Milk Plant and that the building was also dual-used as a mosque, and a haven for battered women.
Of course early reports are saying that there were many civilian casualties. Let's just wait and see what actually happened when we the facts are sorted out.

Don't you remember all the raping, killing and hundreds that died in the SuperDome? Turned out to be just media frenzy. The real facts eventually came out and none of the "expert" reporting turned out to be true. I'm not saying that civilians were not killed, but let's have a little patience before we turn the volume up on the Anti-US propaganda machine. Unless of course this building is next door to your house, then feel free to report casualties as you see them.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
dbates!

Can't we be wrong?

Listen to the world.............

Zawahiri 'not hit by US missile' BBC

The deputy leader of al-Qaeda was not in a Pakistani village near the Afghan border which was hit in an apparent missile attack, Pakistan officials say.
The unnamed officials said the attack - in which at least 18 people were killed - was based on "false information".

Quoting intelligence sources, US media said it was a CIA raid. The US military says it is not aware of any operations taking place in the Bajaur tribal area.

Pakistan's information minister condemned the attack.

Sheikh Rashid Ahmed told a news conference the US ambassador would be summoned to explain.

The Pakistani government wanted "to assure the people we will not allow such incidents to reoccur", Mr Ahmed said.

He said he did not know whether Zawahiri had been in the area at the time.

Zawahiri has eluded capture since the US overthrew the Taleban in Afghanistan in 2001 despite a $25m bounty on his head.

Osama Bin Laden's second-in-command is regarded as the ideological brains behind the al-Qaeda network, says BBC security correspondent Gordon Corera.

The Egyptian has also become its most visible spokesperson, issuing a number of video and audio tapes, whilst Osama Bin Laden has not been seen or heard from for more than a year

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
elitegamer: i think it is you who follows this blind ignorance. do you know why there is terrorists in the first place? dont believe the propaganda about because we are free and they dont like that, thats garbage. i know iranians and other middle eastern people, they are pissed because israel took their land illegally in their eyes, no one cared, and the US even backs them. this land was not originally the jewish state, it was given to them by the UN.

the UN gave away foreign land... if russia and china wanted decided to give a new religion their own peice of land...gave away california, oregon, and washington to them. then back them in a military fashion, and we were weak at the point where we didnt have nukes, they did and if we tried to fight them we would be crushed, THEN youd understand their situation.

they hate us because we back israel. they hate israel because they took holy land from arabian people. they also dont have a problem with a jewish state...as long as its not in the middle east. so whats the problem? an invasion followed by a new state being made from the invaded land then followed by military backing of this new land and it has nuclear capabilities so other nations can do nothing.

i guess now we are just finishing up the rest of the middle east though.

i dont have blind hate, i see very well why this all occured. the jewish people got their own state which i have no problem with, but the UN gave them land which wasnt the UN's to give.

plus the american government fuels this war between the middle eastern nations. selling billions in weapons to iran alone(around 11 billion) saudi arabia (in the 20 billions) israel (also in the 20 billions) selling iraq deadly weapons which he used against his own people. its obvious where the middle east got there weapons from, not to mention how israel managed to get nuclear capabilities and weapons. US has done nothing to prevent these wars but encouraged them. i dont hate the US but i hate war, and all the ones they caused.

9/11 wouldnt have happened if the jewish state was put in europe, land that they were free to give away since they wanted to give land to the jewish people. further 9/11 wouldnt have occured if the US didnt back israel and all its actions, allowing it to get nukes while preventing all the other nations in middle east. the US is playing their cards bias and on 9/11 we lost thousands of lives for it. now we are losing many more because we are fighting an unwinable war.

war on terror cant be won. terror can only be stopped by solving the core problem. if you read what i said youd understand the core problem and have to address that if you ever want this war to end. unless of course your a ceo of a big business corp. then by all means i know why you support all these actions, cause your the few getting filthy rich off of it. terrorist views arent a state or country, but a way of life and a perspective of the world. anyone from any country can be a terrorist and become one at any time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join