It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Airstrike on Pakistan Possibly Kills Alqaeda's no. 2

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
grimreaper797!

You expressed very well,
Terrorist views arent a state or country, but a way of life and a perspective of the world. anyone from any country can be a terrorist and become one at any time.

I agree.

Is bombing on civillian targets a "war on terror" or a "war of terror" WOT

chaudri

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Terrorist views arent a state or country, but a way of life and a perspective of the world. anyone from any country can be a terrorist and become one at any time.

Hence the term Global War On Terror, which some of you for an unknown reason don't agree with. We have to make it very clear to the terrorists that wherever you may be in the world you are not safe.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
grim u are led by blind ignorance for assuming my thoughts. u cant go back and change what happened after ww2. we just have to figure out how to deal with it. isreal was created and will always b where it is unless something apocalyptic happens. why cry about the land that the jews currently hold. they were happy with what they bought legally and were given by the un , then the arab world decideded to start a war with them. well spoils of war my friend. they have all rights to any land they captured after they were attacked by the arab world and they have even went a step further and gave some of this land back. werent the jews in the middle east 1000s of years ago. so your arguement is bunk that they have no right to b in this land. we cant change the past . crying about it wont solve anything. killing wont solve anything. isreal is there to stay and the end of the world is the only thing that will rid the middle east of the jews. why do u hate? is that not the problem that we are dealing with on this planet at the moment. are we all not human. are we all not in this together. until people can drop their selfish dilusions we will have terrorism , we will have wars, we will have ignorance. i am not anti muslim and im not pro jew. i am pro human. we are damn lucky to have such a planet to live on and until we realize that we all share a common bond, our humanity , ignorance will always rule. dont assume how a person thinks. i am one of the most tolerant people u will ever know. i just think its ridiculous to harbor such unjust hate for someone when its actually trivial to your life.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
there will be terrorist everywhere all the time, this will never change as long as we keep claiming war on it and trying to use physical tactics to fight against it.

elite gamer: i find it funny and pitiful you would call me hateful. who or what do you think im hateful of? israel...no im simply stating that this jewish state is the root of problems. you want to put a state there even though the neighboring countries will cause a nuclear war to get them out just to show you have the balls and power to do so? move the jewish state to europe. i garentee terrorist will subside alot quick and more effectively if you do that in the middle east. but hey if you want to act like you won the war so you can do what you feel like, go ahead, just remember the attacks will never stop then.

if you cant grip the fact that going above and beyond reasonable demands because you won a war is going to cause terror till the problem is addressed then fine no one can help you and you are doomed to the fate youve choosen, which is attacks like 9/11.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel
Thats you're, and I admitted nothing, but I do agree that no media is unbiased or perfectly honest.

You expressed an opinion along those lines, therefore that means you think along those lines, or so the media would have you believe.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well I am not to keen on the ciivilians being killed, I hope they managed to get Zawahiri though, it would be a major blow to Al Quaeda. Apparently he has been the defacto leader of Al Quaeda for a while now. I am not impressed by the Pakistanis' complaints, these people have been operating out of Pakistan with relative impunity, they can expect the US to do whatever is necessary to take them out.

Unlike Iraq, which did not attack the US, Al Quaeda did, and I am fully in favor of using whatever force necessary to hunt them to extinction. Even if it ticks off Pakistan, which is an "ally" only in the sense that say Saudi Arabia is.

[edit on 1/14/06 by xmotex]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Do you have any links that say we did this without their consent?

As it is, they are a well known ally of the United States, and a well known partner in the WOT.

Unless you can supply some evidence that this was done against Pakistans will, I suggest that you consider that this was done in coperation with Pakistan.

Can you find one link, quote, or news report that suggests this was "an act of war" from the Pakistani point of view? Because frankly their view is the one that matters in this case, not yours.

The burden of proof was on you to show that such an agreement does exist.

How does one prove that it does NOT exist???

Anyway, would you accept a report from the BBC quoting Paki sources that says we did not have the right to do this?

Pakistan's information minister condemned the attack.

Sheikh Rashid Ahmed told a news conference the US ambassador would be summoned to explain.

The Pakistani government wanted "to assure the people we will not allow such incidents to reoccur", Mr Ahmed said.
The US has about 20,000 troops in Afghanistan, but Pakistan does not allow them to operate across the border.

Continued here....

Pakistan is pissed, and AQ#2 was not there.

I doubt much of the world will ever know we claimed he was there.

All they will know is that we attacked innocent Pakis and killed several families in cold blood with pilotless warplanes directed from the other side of the world.

Spreading Democracy, huh?

Is this the point where I get to say I Tolja So! and dance a jig?

[edit on 14-1-2006 by ArchAngel]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
And what do you propose we do?
Allow the organization that killed 3000 US civilians to operate with impunity?

Sorry, as much as I am generally opposed to US inteventionism, I have no problem with this. It's a shame that innocent bystanders were apparently killed, but probably unavoidable.

As for Pakistan, the simple fact is if the people in these regions didn't shelter terrorists that attacked us, they would be in no danger. The US needs to make it very clear to the Pakistani's that they cannot have it both ways, claiming to be our "allies" and at the same time sheltering our deadliest enemies. If they don't like it, too damn bad.

[edit on 1/14/06 by xmotex]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Pakistan Condemns Purported CIA Airstrike

NBC News reported that US and Pakistani officials said Predator drones had fired as many as 10 missiles at Damadola in the Bajur tribal region.

Zaman, who said three of his children were killed when his home was destroyed, told AP he was a "law-abiding" laborer and had no ties to al-Zawahri or any other militants.

"I don't know him. He was not at my home. No foreigner was at my home when the planes came and dropped bombs," Zaman said.

Doctors told AP that at least 17 people died in the attack, but residents of Damadola, a Pashtun tribal hamlet on a hillside about four miles from the Afghan border, said more than 30 died. They recounted hearing aircraft fly overhead before explosions in the village that were felt miles away.

Well, Bad Intel, huh?

How you going to Explain that to the People who lost their 3 of their CHILDREN in this Attack?

Wan't to tell them it was a Case of Bad Intel in the Face?

At another destroyed house, Sami Ullah, a 17-year-old student, said 24 of his family members were killed and vowed he would "seek justice from God."

More than 8,000 tribesmen staged a peaceful protest in a nearby town Saturday to condemn the air strike, which one speaker described as "open terrorism." Police dispersed a smaller protest in another town using tear gas. A mob burned the office of a US-backed aid agency near Damadola, but nobody was injured, residents said.

Again proved, that War on Terrorism CREATES Terrorism!

[edit on 14/1/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I would explain it like this.

You are letting terrorists live amongst you.
They are, and will always be targets, until they are captured or dead.
There is a huge reward for turning them (him ) in..Please do so.

Until then you are considered harborors of the enemy...Which choose to,
in a cowardly way, put you ALL in danger be mingling, and living with you.
Literally using you as human shields..Don't allow yourselves to be used.

Turn them ALL in, or may may continue to be in danger..

Simple enough.
And a good way to protect everyone, on both sides..

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Souljah, its not black and white as "war creates war".
You and I both know that.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hi guys,

Pakistan is in the hot zone and doesn't need any more terrorist activity than it already receives at present because of the Kashmiri dispute. It is also worth noting that the people of Pakistan do not support the 'War on Terrorism' and are against the invasions of both Afghanistan and Iraq; therefore any apparent compliance by the Pakistan government in aiding the US in their aims could seriously destabilise regions of this country.

The Pakistan government must, as an act of appeasement if nothing else, repudiate any links with the US and condemn such actions. After all there were possibly 18 innocent Pakistani civillians killed.

But, I doubt very much that Pakistan military authorities would allow a US drone to waltz into it's air space without prior knowledge; and for the above reasons they must deny, deny, deny!!

Just my thoughts.

Best Wishes

J

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
grim calling someone pitiful is showing hate. your views of israel are hateful. dont u realize that jews legally owned land in palestine before ww2. do they not have any right to this land? are u souljah with a second handle? im just confused why u appear to b his puppet and come at me because i question his hate. do u like jews grim? do u kno that one time jews and people from palestine once considered each other brothers. how could we never get back to such thinking. its time to open your mind. the only way we could solve the problem with your ideology would b to use john titors time machine(sarcasm) and go back in time and create isreal in say alaska or canada maybe. well that is not a possiblilty. lets work with what we have not with what we think should have been done. the western world prevented the muslims from having to learn german after ww2 . is this what u would have wanted. the french and british pulled out of the middle east which were part of their colonies and they gave 95% of this land back to the muslim people. forgive them for wanting to give the jews a homestate so they may prevent another holocast from ever happening themselves. i think u are hateful towards anyone who doesnt share your views . im sorry im pitiful , dont hate me.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
They did not find Zawahiri among the dead. They found innocent women and children though, who werent in any way involved in acts of terroism. Here is a BBC article about it.

news.bbc.co.uk...

He wasnt there, and he never was. I guess yet another ''screw up'' by the Americans.......Bombs drop, people dead, ''Oops, sorry 'bout that.....we got the wrong town.''

When will people understand, this is not a war, this is terrorism which is of the worst kind, for it is done under the cloak of legitimacy, and under the name of a great democracy.

[edit on 14-1-2006 by LetKnowledgeDrop]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
i dont hate anything or anybody, but i still pity you for being so openly ignorant. you threw the first punch, i think you are confusing my perspective to yours...narrow.

if you seriously think you can judge who i hate or dont hate then you my friend are ignorant. you thinking me saying i pity you shows hate is ignorant...look up the word pity for me. me saying move the jewish state to ease tension so jewish and palestinian people dont have to keep dying senselessly. neither are going to stop attacking because it comes down to religion, and nothing will ever be worth more to them then that.

no i am not souljah nor do i always agree with soulja. in my opinion sometimes soulja just to conclusions without fully thinking over all the circumstances. its not an insult to him just simply stating how i feel me and him are different. and further more i also consider you ignorant for calling me his puppet. you obviously have no idea who me or soulja are outside of this thread, im sure if you did youd notice differences.

i see every person as equal til they prove that i should think of them otherwise. you have proven to me that i should think of you as misinformed and having a blurred vision, it is you who needs to open his eyes and mind.

wrong, with my ideaology it would take a simple moving of the jewish state to the european nations, and divide a land for them. they stay in a place surrounded by threats and hate willingly. everyone around them wants them to leave. if you choose to stay in shark infested waters when land is near by and you can reach it, dont get angry at the sharks when they bite you.

i feel that your ideaology is non existant. tell me what you think should be done. anything other then moving the jewish state and i can garentee it will fail. play out all the scenarios. we arent going to go over there and say "you guys need to stop fighting because the jewish people have the land now and theres nothing you can do about it. just deal with it" and expect them to say "you know what, you right. maybe we should just forget the whole deal and let you get away with giving our land away." if russia gave away california washington and oregon to a religion that had a genocide happen to them i doubt that after 30 years they come over here and say "just deal with it they have the land, even though we took it without your consent let it go because its the past and we cant do anything about it now"

further more what about the genocides in africa? should we give them a part of america because they have had many genocides there against certian types of people. yet we hardly give a damn about them...whats the difference?

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
i threw the first punch? i never once spoke to u lol so quit being dilusional and get your facts straight. i have wasted enough time with your today , maybe we can continue this tomorrow. im tired of listening to you spew your hateful vomit. if u wana talk to me some more , answer my question. do u hate jews.

[edit on 14-1-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
For years the terrorism issue was ignored, and it just kept breeding and getting worse until 9/11 happened. Now we're fighting terrorism, and eveyone is saying it's getting worse. What exactly are your ideas for getting rid of terrorism? Pull back and stay in our own borders, and ignore the rest of the world? Give up all our weapons and promise that we'll be nice from now on and won't piss anyone off? We're screwed if we don't fight terrorism, and apparently screwed if we do, so what's your answer for the problem?

[edit on 1/14/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
no elite gamer you threw it at some one else, i jumped in to end it and put you back in your place because you were acting with blindness on the subject. ill repeat for you since you didnt read, i treat everyone as equal til they individually show that they should be treated otherwise, like you have.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
so now i didnt throw the first punch at you , grim you humor me. do u actually read what u say. now answer my question big boy. do u hate jews?

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The discussion will be confined to the topic at hand:

War On Terrorism » U.S. Airstrike on Pakistan Possibly Kills Alqaeda's no. 2

Not anything else, especially not ATS Members.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join