It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National ID System a "Nightmare" for States

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by voodoo child
the australian government is talking about having national ID's in australia aswell

...and the anti-Christ draws ever-nearer to his un-royal ascendency.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Step by step, inch by inch, then bang, we're there, and no one remembers how many twists and turns were made on the way.

West Point, surely you don't have to be picked up in a tornado to admit we're not in Kansas anymore. People like you keep saying, "It's only an inch, a step." but you never want to look at what we're stepping and inching towards, and get angry at those who do.

Yes Australia has been pushing for National I.D. since long before 9/11, but it took those events to get anyone to think of accepting it. Curious, that.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Reminds me of a song from not so long ago......"chip away, chip away at the stone........"

It's only a matter of time for us in the US (some of us NOT willingly) to be tracked and monitored every step of the way. You know, all our cell phones have GPS chips in them, so if we have phones, we can be located to the nearest meter or so.....

And all under the guise of "it's for YOUR safety...." Just like the bird flu hype. They will be feeding us medication against our will...mark my words.......

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Just to bring the microchip back, yes the microchips are now just for medical issues and just as a choice.

But that is very important to know, the microchips started as a pilot program for tracking your pets.

Now they are available for humans.

All these in the span of 15 years. What is next.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hello Friends:

Here in Puerto Rico we keep hearing that by the end of
2006 we (The Puerto Rico governtment) have to have the
national I.D. system ready without any extra founding from
the U.S. Federal Governtment. Also there is rumor that in order
to travel in and out of Puerto Rico you 'll need a U.S. Passport!!
This is a femnomenal way to track who and how many people goes to
U.S. main land.!!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hello Friends:

You all can go here for more info

www.puertorico-herald.org...

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Fine Marge, your right we should not have adequate systems of identification, we should let our level of security stay stagnant while measures against them improve. I know trying to convince you is futile so we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

what measures against them?

why is the world different now than before? as you suggested in a previous post

[edit on 20-3-2006 by AdamJ]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I feel that this will just waste more taxpayers money. The government wants to keep us safe but at what cost? The National Animal Identification System is rolling as we speak. The feds want our states to V chip all farm animals, every one of them. even your pet duck or pig. I heard it on the radio so it HAS to be true................
I dont feel that a new ID will do anyone any good. It will just create a new office building somewhere.

[edit on 20-3-2006 by tommyb98201]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I smell something along the lines of 1939 Germany. Isn't it there that Fatherland Security gave the people some type of ID card?

Think in about 6 more years we will be taking out entire nations or try to.. Ohh wait we are doing that now never mind..

Ohh and the Tag. The tag think about the commercials you hear/see(I think) on radio/TV To tell you to chip your dog so when it runs away they can see who owns them.

I can see this going like this for kids...

Hey want a new way to keep track of your kid Why not get them Chipped. We can find them within 3 ft of wherever they are unless someone decides to cut off they left pinky, but hey its all for the safety of our kids right?

This is bad idea and I agree the mark definitely.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Marge
Some hospitals in the US already incorporate RFID tags in baby bracelets to prevent child theft.
I don't know what branch you are in, but if your work requires computer acess, you probably have a base ID Smart Card with the RFID tag. Not all RFID tags are implantable chips, as I'm sure you know.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Ive done a lot of reading on RFID and V-Chip technology the last few years, so I have to agree with most of these threads. Am I allowed to share authors here?

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Greetings Fellow Believers,

I've been following the responses to this thread--and have some insight to offer you skeptics.

Every civilization goes through phases of development. Theologians, philosophers, merchants, politicians, engineers, farmers, commoners and beggars--all witnessed the rise and fall of civilizations. The most outspoken of these people have been theologians and politicians.

Why do we look towards our past to try and understand what is happening now? Do you think the people back then were utterly ignorant of the collapse of their civilization that they wouldn't have the sense to document it?

Three sources that you can use to understand the National ID: the Bible; Machiavelli's "The Prince"; Sun Tzu.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Thanx Jack, I was thinking more on the lines of Katherine Albrecht. She has a wonderful book out on the subject. Ive never read "The Prince" but Ive heard of it over the yrs and its now on my must read list. So many books so little time!

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I hate to say this, but things are already at the point of nightmare.....

when we moved from ny to virginia, well, we couldn't get an apartment, until we go a job, but once we had the jobs, we couldn't cash our checks (money for the apartment!!) untill we had a bank account, which, we couldn't get until we had a residence....

it didn't matter that we had lots of money in the bank in ny, many of the atm's wouldn't give us that kind of cash, we had to go from atm, to atm, taking out small amounts..

then well, we had our address!!! now for the drivers' liscense, right.

well, it took my husband about three trips, at least to the dmv to get his liscense...the social security number had to be checked with social securities data bank before they would, and well, the computers just seem to get along too well. each trip took a few hours.... the same with my son, and well, I waited to get mine because I work all day, and well, didn't get down there until I got some time off. didn't take me that many trips, but close.

as they make things more difficult to get all this stuff, well, sooner or later, we are gonna figure it out, the mexicans have all their paperwork in days, albeit all illegal...

and well, the threat of terrorism doesn't seem to be a worthy excuse for all this crap!!! they knew who the terrorist of 9/11 was, as well as that they were in the country, they just couldn't process that information fast enough to act on it. but, well, by all means, increase the amount of info that needs to be shifted through by a few million or so.....

well, anyways, there's a link with alot of interesting articles on it.

www.spychips.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
How many people are living in america? 200 or 300 millions? Saying it would be a logistic nightmare would be an understatement.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join