It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Clark Advocating Time Travel????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This is rather interesting.... check this particular piece out...

While Clark's belief may stem from his knowledge of sophisticated military projects, there's no evidence to suggest that humans can exceed the speed of light, said Melnick. In fact, considerable evidence posits that time travel is impossible, he said.

What the hell does he know that we dont?????

Someone tell me if he has any documented involvement with HAARP or Montauk!!

During a whirlwind campaign swing Saturday through New Hampshire, Clark, the newest Democratic presidential candidate, gave supporters one of the first glimpses into his views on technology.

"We need a vision of how we're going to move humanity ahead, and then we need to harness science to do it," Clark told a group of about 50 people in Newcastle attending a house party -- a tradition in New Hampshire presidential politics that enables well-connected voters to get an up-close look at candidates.

Then, the 58-year-old Arkansas native, who retired from the military three years ago, dropped something of a bombshell on the gathering.

"I still believe in e=mc�, but I can't believe that in all of human history, we'll never ever be able to go beyond the speed of light to reach where we want to go," said Clark. "I happen to believe that mankind can do it."

"I've argued with physicists about it, I've argued with best friends about it. I just have to believe it. It's my only faith-based initiative." Clark's comment prompted laughter and applause from the gathering.

www.wired.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Huh. this is very interesting. Maybe Clarke would push the government toward disclosure.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I am currently researching transhumnism, extropy and its connections to big business. If there was a "cult" surrounding the new money than this would be it. Transhumanism is "bengin" enough that it might actually be co-opted by the all peaceful Omega Agency...

I'll edit this post when find something among my diggings...

edit- I can't find any link between the founders of Extropy and Gen. Clark. I'm not about to make connections where there are none. What I suspect, given his odd statement, is that the Miltary complex in desiring exotic technologies like time travel and nano tech bots, have "discovered" the Transhumanist movement and the like. These guys are new money and some kind of mutual synergy could be worked out... esp with the increasingly modernized military. So there isn't direct connection between clark and futurists, but one between the military and futurists, due to the tech they're both interested in.

[Edited on 30-9-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
Huh. this is very interesting. Maybe Clarke would push the government toward disclosure.

Or the government will pressure him in the other direction like they did with president Carter.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Well, he was a Rhodes scholar (like Clinton). Actually took some digging to find out where he's been from his graduation at West Point in 1966 (top of his class), thru 1996 when made NATO commander. Nothing seems to point to Montauk or HAARP, except for the vague "backwateer assignments" references...

Wesley Clark�s career in the U.S. military was solid but not stellar. It included a variety of backwater assignments as well as one high point, White House Fellow 1975-76.

But an unexpected bolt from the blue suddenly ignited Clark�s life, turning mediocrity into a skyrocket ride that could yet land him in the Oval Office. He was named Commander of the 1st Cavalry Division, III Corps, at sweltering Fort Hood southwest of Waco, Texas.

On a late winter day in 1993, Texas Governor Ann Richards suddenly called the base, later meeting with Clark�s Number Two to discuss an urgent matter. Crazies at a Waco compound had killed Federal agents. If newly-sworn-in President Bill Clinton signed a waiver setting aside the Posse Comitatus Act, which generally prohibits the military from using its arms against American citizens within our borders, could Fort Hood supply tanks and other equipment?

Clinton did. Wesley Clark�s command at Fort Hood �lent� 17 pieces of armor and 15 active service personnel under his command to the Waco Branch Davidian operation. It is absolute fact that the military equipment used by the government at Waco came from Fort Hood and Clark�s command.

The only issue debated by experts is whether Clark was at Waco in person to help direct the assault against the church compound in a scene remarkably similar to the incineration of villagers in a church by the British in Mel Gibson�s movie �The Patriot.�

What happened at Waco was the death, mostly by fire, of at least 82 men, women and children, including two babies who died after being �fire aborted� from the dying bodies of their pregnant mothers.

Planning for this final assault involved a meeting between Clinton Attorney General Janet Reno and two military officers who developed the tactical plan used but who have never been identified.

Some evidence and analysis suggests that Wesley Clark was one of these two who devised what happened at Waco.

As Leftist journalists Alexander Cockburn and Jeffrey St. Clair noted, the ruthless tactics and attitude on display at Waco are strikingly similar to those Clark has used on other battlefields in his career.

Odd, isn�t it, that the Leftist establishment press has told you nothing about the connection between General Wesley Clark and Waco � or what happened to him immediately after the service he rendered the Clintons at Waco?

Immediately after Waco, Wesley Clark�s flat career began an incredible meteoric rise.

In April 1994 he was promoted to Director of Strategic Plans and Policy for the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

In June 1996 Clark was named Commander in Chief of the U.S. Southern Command in Panama and put in charge of most U.S. forces in all of Latin America and the Caribbean.

In June 1997 President Clinton appointed him Commander in Chief of the United States European Command and SACEUR, Supreme Allied Commander, Europe, in command of the forces of NATO, a position Clark would hold until May 2000.

P.S.-he's also (big surprise) a banker....

[Edited on 30-9-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Whoever said you have to go faster than the speed of light to time travel. Stupid scientists.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Things look more and more like the powers that be are getting ready to make some kind of disclosure. It could be argued that he was speaking philosophically, I mean I agree with him, I do believe there must be a way to travel faster than light.

That would make for some pretty interesting scenarios. I go to visit my relatives on Proxima Centauri. When I arrive they ask how was my trip etc.. and when did I leave. " I havent left yet, I am still on earth waiting to leave?" Something wrong with that argument.

Sorry to get sidetracked, I think they are getting ready to make some kind of disclosure, probably technological, in fact probably something along the lines of a breakthrough in the science of gravity.

As for Clark's connection to HAARP and Montauk, cant really say, except that if hes a big wig, he probably has his tentacles in a little bit of everything.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
"I still believe in e=mc�, but I can't believe that in all of human history, we'll never ever be able to go beyond the speed of light to reach where we want to go," said Clark. "I happen to believe that mankind can do it."

"I've argued with physicists about it, I've argued with best friends about it. I just have to believe it. It's my only faith-based initiative." Clark's comment prompted laughter and applause from the gathering. "

Ok. That did it. I'm rooting for Clark now.

We need an intellectual technophile president, not a bible-thumping churl. Maybe he could finally start mankind on the path to the stars, where we belong.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I agree with WOS, things seem to be aligning for a grand unveiling or disclosure somewhere down the line...

And frankly, that bothers me...

Because, the only event that would rate complete disclosure of most of the technology that has been kept secret would be a global crisis of such magnitude as to be incomprehensible...

Considering that we are seeing a lot of world power shifts and othere scenarios being set up, this doesnt give me a very good feeling....

Maybe we would be better off wit hthe black projects left in the black, if the price is complete and total global chaos....

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
WOW,

it would be one thing for a candidate to say something about going to Mars or back to the moon... But, in 2003, to talk about faster than light travel... I don't know, it seems like (for whatever reason) he thinks interstellar travel is possible... and that humans are near to grasping that tech.

Though, as a Clark detractor, I can see why Dragon began this thread with a time travel machine inference

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Whoever said you have to go faster than the speed of light to time travel. Stupid scientists.

Whoever said Speed of Light (One was A Einstein) was the fastest reachable speed is wrong.

We all know that speed can be faster.

Key????

Thought!

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   
All of this and none of you will believe that Hitler DIDN'T commit suicide. Sheesh.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I thought Hitler was still alive! He killed himself? Wow, what for?

As for the topic, quantum tunnelling has shown what appears to be superluminal travel. The scientists didn't like it though.

www.aei-potsdam.mpg.de...

However, I think Clark is getting at something else. Something akin to space/time bending by electomagnetic manipulation, alond the lines of the philadelphia experiment.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 08:17 AM
link   
However, I think Clark is getting at something else. Something akin to space/time bending by electomagnetic manipulation, alond the lines of the philadelphia experiment.

The Philadelphia Experiment was actually an accident that occurred as Navy scientists powered up the systems on the Eldridge to readjust them, after being intentionally "detuned" by Nikola Tesla. There were not attempting to run the experiment in Philadelphia Harbor (would you run a top secret experiment in a high traffic harbor with hundreds of uncontrolled eyes on it???)

The experiment was conducted a 2nd time successfully far out at sea. Although records of the exact outcome of these experiments were never made public, the technology was further explored at Camp Hero, Montauk Point. This technology, once refined, has been operationally deployed worldwide as HAARP.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Making & disclosing greater gains in speed is not the problem why there may be so much secrecy.

It's the prospect of time travel that would be something higher ups don't want disclosed.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider

The Philadelphia Experiment was actually an accident that occurred as Navy scientists powered up the systems on the Eldridge to readjust them, after being intentionally "detuned" by Nikola Tesla. There were not attempting to run the experiment in Philadelphia Harbor (would you run a top secret experiment in a high traffic harbor with hundreds of uncontrolled eyes on it???)

The experiment was conducted a 2nd time successfully far out at sea. Although records of the exact outcome of these experiments were never made public, the technology was further explored at Camp Hero, Montauk Point. This technology, once refined, has been operationally deployed worldwide as HAARP.

Applied energy for "invisibity" and/or "space/time" transfer of matter???

Edit: How many MeV are we talking here? Was this level reached through high frequency waves such as gamma or alpha?

[Edited on 1-10-2003 by uIVIa]

[Edited on 1-10-2003 by uIVIa]

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Also, I heard somewhere that the experiment was changed by Von Neumann in 1943. He installed a third generator. Perhaps to stabalize the field in 3d?

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Hehe...if Hitler was still alive, he's be pretty damned old...
No...he's dead, and yes, he committed suicide...though the Russians will swear up and down differently....

Because, the only event that would rate complete disclosure of most of the technology that has been kept secret would be a global crisis of such magnitude as to be incomprehensible...

Not necessarily....if the event was as significant as say, the reality of alien visitation and back-engineering, it would be a pretty good setup for it... If we felt we could counter an alien threat at a comparable tech level, there would be far less panic....

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder

Or maybe he's just a kook.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Hitler could be alive in one of the Third Reichs underground bases, one of which lies in Antarctica. Remember the ageing processes is slowed down when you are under the ground away from the suns radiation.

Could this be the final proof of the Philadelphia Experiment that the military is leaking to the populace? The experiment was to cloak a ship from radar, yet the USS Eldridge disapeared completely then reappeared. It traveled all throughout time while in the loop. 2 men sent to investigate the craft jumped off and time traveled into 1984.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join