It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret.com is a Government COINTELPRO Disinformation Operation

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by horusthechorus
I don't post much here but I read, research and write a lot about 'conspiracy theories' and the alternative media/truth movement.

One thing which strikes me about this site is the lack of support it offers to others within the alt media/truth movement, unless it is directly connected to and benefits this site. A red flag.

Another thing is the level of censorship imposed on its members, and I'm not talking about swearing/abuse/insults. Another red flag.

If we stand back and analyze the site for what it is, we see a business. Great. Nothing wrong with that. Business is business. Does it care about the movement, apart from making money from it? I doubt it.

Maybe ATS isn't in touch with the rest of the movement(s), hence the lack of action/support they offer. Maybe those who run this site have become arrogant.

Granted there is a lot of valuable information here, but remember mixing fact and fiction is a fantastic tactic many shills use.

For what it's worth, it seems many of the major players and groups (real activists) within the alt media movement actually avoid ATS. Again, a red flag.

For ATS to bring this to our attention seems.. pointless. Why focus on this self-indulgent exercise while there are much, much more important issues you should/could be bringing to peoples attention?

Who else in the alt media movement do you see crying about being called names? None of the respected members/groups - because there is a job to do which is far more important than ego or making money.

I chose not to indulge myself in the remainder of this thread after 8 pages of rolling my eyes.

Even if ATS does not have a direct association with the people working for COUNTELHO's , the www IS a COUNTELHO operation.

Everything in this world has a little twang to it, but for some reason the moderators and administrators of this forum have participated and commented on this thread more than any other I have read here in my short time as a member.
In my eyes, it is irrelevant who may or may not be watching or monitoring our thoughts... regardless if that creature is a God or a prostitute for the federal government, it's not as if 'they' could use the thoughts that we have posted here against us unless one of us actually becomes 'someone special', then they might be worth destroying.
As a rule, I don't express anything that I wouldn't express to everybody.

Naturally, I do not like the over-moderation or some of the childish forum T&C's and it is not due to my immaturity.

Here is my 'drink MILK and die' thread, which pertains to white house drug dealers forcing drugs into our bodies against our will....
not nearly as popular as this ATS/COUNTELHO issue, but a few replies.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Here is another one about a stone cole' killer that was lost after it didn't make the cut in the terrorist forum,,, I guess it would be too much to ask the director of the director of the EPA to wear a dirty turbin so we could focus on his activities or discuss the intentional devastation to our health the EPA is having on all of us.

For some reason the word environment does not even register as what we all have to eat drink and breath, much less our only source of life,
maybe it is because this forum is dominated by participants and officials who were born to remain consumer friendly.
Regardless, the 'position' of the people providing the ATS forum is as irrelevant as environment issues are today. Nobody really cares, it's all lip service.

It is very possible that people who have volunteer'd to created and maintain this garguantuan sized forum are driven only by their pursuit to discuss controversial and 'top secret' issues, unless the discussion turns to anything that may include some of our desires or dreams to break the chains that the mongrels behind COUNTELHO have applied to US, then our thoughts get *SNIPPED*

And since the issue of money and the lack of paychecks for the moderators seem to be a multi-mentionable issue, as well as their defensive attitudes towards negative critiques, and how many of them appear to be insulted by the implication that ATS is working with or for COUNTELHO,
I would just like to remind all of you that the time you chose to waste is yours and reimbursement should not be expected.

What is our job as members here? What do you expect of us?
To bitch and complain about the bovine excrement this system is feeding all of us (because we are all experts at that),
or take the appropriate steps to create an earth shattering amount of change to what we are willing to accept (when you do not allow this type of discussion).
Anyway, good luck on making yourselves appear as innocent and/or ignorant to the government's participation and/or interest in this forum,
it doesn't look like you all feel that way. (eventho' i'm sure some of you are)

fishy, yeah.
cool, yeah.
has all of our efforts set one rat's ass free, no.

........ramble on

(had to do the little thingy)

[edit on 18-1-2006 by Submersible]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I still cant understand why these conspiracy NUTS think that ATS is a govt. operation. NOT EVERYTHING IS A CONSPIRACY.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Just another thought - probably nothing.....

I think that in the near year that I have been a member of ATS, I am perhaps not nearly as regular of a poster as some, but I feel that I am fairly consistant. However, no matter how much or how little I post, or how much I do or don't buy from the store, my point average hovers within about 2000 points of what it always is. As a matter of fact, I don't believe that I have ever even reached 10,000 points.

But, I have noticed from time to time, and I'm not going to point fingers, that there will be a new member that just registered the same day, or perhaps one or two days earlier who already has well over 12,000 combined points. I don't make a habit of studying and keeping track of the points of others, but sometimes, for one reason or another, I will read a post and something in it makes me curious as to how long the person has been a member. Or maybe it's just a user name that I don't recognize. But whatever the reason, when I look to see when they registered is when I notice if they have an unusual number of points for the length of time that they have been a member. It has always been a fleeting thought that passes almost instantaneously.

But, the point of all this, and the reason why the thought has surfaced on it's own is only because of this strange thread. I'm sure that there is a much more logical explanation, but what if.......they are given lots of extra points in order to access RATS immediately? To purchase fancy backgrounds, custom titles, etc.... to look like they really belong?

Aawww, I don't know. I think that what I just posted is probably quite ridiculous.

[edit on 1/18/2006 by CyberKat]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
A lot of people lately have been content tagging. It's a great way to get a lot of points really fast. I forget how many points each tag is, but I THINK it's something like 50 per tag. I'm not 100% certain on that though. There's lots of threads that need tagging, so a lot of people have been running through the board adding tags.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
A lot of people lately have been content tagging. It's a great way to get a lot of points really fast. I forget how many points each tag is, but I THINK it's something like 50 per tag. I'm not 100% certain on that though. There's lots of threads that need tagging, so a lot of people have been running through the board adding tags.

I'm sure that that's a part of it, but this is something that I have noticed on and off since way before the content tagging.

I'm not complaining about the fact that some have more points than I do, that is not even my reason for bringing this up. If they have legitamately earned them, great
Maybe they started a thread that got a hundred or more replies right off the bat. That's something I just thought of. And like I say, I honestly hope that it is nothing more sinister than that.

You know what I mean?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
uh...I'm one of those newbies with a few points. I've been doing a lot of reading. Every thread that I've read, I've added content tags for. That's where I got most of mine. I've also been doing a bit of writing. The primary reason that I came to this forum was to either find proof or disproof of some things I've seen in this country in the last few years. That conspiracy is global and listed at:

I still have a lot of info and links to add to the thread to support what I see, but it's a start.

I keep getting distracted with work, family
and some of the other interesting discussions here at this site.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I think people here are too paranoid and worried for nothing. Just look at this site for freak's sake. This site is created by Simon Gray and is run on pay per click and viewing ads to recieve income. This is a genius commercial idea. Make a website that appeals to the interests of many and put ads on the website to get money off it. Hell I wish I thought of this site first.

As for new members all of a sudden recieving a lot of points, you can easily look up all the posts that they have placed and you will see that they have EARNED their points. In addition, its not that hard to get points. I got 5000 points in a week, becuase I was curious to know what was in the RATS section. So I cranked up my replies that week.

So whats so special about the RATS section? NOTHING. Thats why I unsubscribed. I highly doubt a disinformation agent would be granted many points just to access a boring section of the site. In addition, if there was (keyword IF) a disinfo agent, and this site was cointelpro then there would be better means of covering up information. Disinfo agents would not be limited by ATS points.

I think some of the people here are selfish and cant appreciate healthy skepticism. When I first signed up and noticed how mods did their debunking, I was kind of like wtf is this. Why are they getting involved. The bottom line is, mods are ATS users as well. Why should we blame and label them as disinfo agents just becuase they provide content that contradicts our beliefs. When you put something out on public forum, everyone will criticize it in some way. Thats just how a public forum works.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by kyateLaBoca]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I think people here are too paranoid and worried for nothing.

Thanks for the that slice of genius Kyate. Paranoia on a Conspiracy website, who would have thought.

I was having a discussion on MSN last night about this thread with some banned members and existing members and a good chuckle was had by all.

There is losts of dodgy things going on on this site. There are some absolute fudamentalist moderators who get away with all kinds of crimes everyday (mentioning no names but it rhymes with Romos Towne).

You see human beings are flawed, they have agendas, bias, some are easily corrupted and perusaded by money others resist but few don't have a price.

Maybe the Cointelpro rumour is revenge for some other wrong doing. Maybe the Cyber Karma has come around to bite ATS on the buttocks.
Or Maybe this is a site rife with government infiltrators and religious fruitcakes.

Either way some board Member called Ron3000 with an Avatar picture of Snarf from the Thundecats saying " Well I know ATS is not corrupted because of... bla bla bla" doesn't really carry much weight does it because if it is cointelpro It's all charade anyway and you can trust no-one.

I made the decision a long time ago to collaberate with ATS members away from this site that way you can build up a realtionship with an individual and get to know them as people rather than posts on a board.

This way you develop trust in a subject area that is rife with mistrust.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyateLaBoca
I think people here are too paranoid and worried for nothing. Just look at this site for freak's sake. This site is created by Simon Gray and is run on pay per click and viewing ads to recieve income. [............]will see that they have EARNED their points.[.................] I got 5000 points in a week, becuase I was curious to know what was in the RATS section. So I cranked up my replies that week.

So whats so special about the RATS section? NOTHING.[....................]
When you put something out on public forum, everyone will criticize it in some way. Thats just how a public forum works.

Thank You,

Great points you made. Remember, I did end my post with the honest thought that what I was posting was probably quite ridiculous. I sincerely am appreciative of you helping me to put it all back into perspective.

And, you're absolutely right about there being absolutely nothing in RATS worth a sh*t!

Some of these people can really get me going, and doubting myself. Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

There is losts of dodgy things going on on this site. There are some absolute fudamentalist moderators who get away with all kinds of crimes everyday (mentioning no names but it rhymes with Romos Towne).

Any possible names of crimes? The only "crime" I can think of is bashing someone's story by saying it doesnt exist. The way they bash it is by debunking it, hence forcing a debate. Another minor crime would be moving threads around without any real justification for doing so. I think that is more of a superiority complex rather than being a disinfo agent, trying to knock down a story.

As for bashing other's stories, I see no problem with that as long as they try to debunk them without trying to insult the intelligence of the poster. Its easy to label someone as a disinfo agent becuase they are the ones who disagree with everyone else. I was also labeled as a disinfo agent on another forum www.starshipcapricorn.org, as I was a debunker there.

You see human beings are flawed, they have agendas, bias, some are easily corrupted and perusaded by money others resist but few don't have a price.

I agree. But I would like to see some proof. According to the original poster, people are claiming this site to be cointelpro becuase of the 911 debunking thread. I was hoping the finger pointers would come up with something better than that.

Either way some board Member called Ron3000 with an Avatar picture of Snarf from the Thundecats saying " Well I know ATS is not corrupted because of... bla bla bla" doesn't really carry much weight does it because if it is cointelpro It's all charade anyway and you can trust no-one.

I think also at the same time, the hardcore finger pointing conspiracy theorist shouldnt just blindly label this site as cointelpro becuase of a few skeptic moderators. I think if were going to start labeling this site as cointelpro then lets put some moderator and member names down right now along with some form of text that leads them to the conclusion that they are disinfo agents. Everyone will then see that those reasons are all ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   

(mentioning no names but it rhymes with Romos Towne).

This argument's going nowhere. If a select few of upper management of this site really are CIA or whatever, then they'd be smart enough to deflect and divert and throw it back at you. As far as calling out a mod by coming up with words that rhyme with the mods username, that cracked me up. Personally I would have used "llamas" instead of "romos".

As far as the mod in question goes, I think RT.......I mean TC............I mean RT............does a pretty good job of giving members a long leash.

Peace

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Who the Hell the TC?

I was refering to Jonas Brown.

Who knows what is going on really, who even cares.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Mod Edit: Removed comments per member since the edit window closed.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by StJude

A prime example of bad moderation.

What´s the problem with continuing the discussion in the already excisting thread? Because you are not the author of that thread? This is what always happens when there are duplicate threads. This is not bad moderation. Two things might happen when there are duplicate threads.
1. The duplicate thread could be closed. It will still be there for people to read but no one can post in it.
2. The duplicate thread could get deleted

If you author a thread which is not a duplicate and somebody else make a duplicate thread of it later, the same thing might happen to them. Their thread will get deleted or closed with a moderator pointing to your thread encouraging people to continue their discussion there. And you will be happy for it. This is good moderation.

Mod Edit: Just doing clean-up.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
However,
If you disagree with a decision on whether a thread is really a "duplicate" or not, then you should send a u2u to a moderator or use the "GRIPE/IDEA" button to file a complaint (your complaint will be visible to all Moderators and Councilors).

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Statment retracted, due to being ignored

[edit on 1/20/2006 by iamian]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I been reading old topics and tagging them (I've had a bit of time to kill) when something ocurred to me.

Many of the link on the old posts are dead, not found or the content has been removed and I can only assume this has been noticed by others.

Maybe the powers that be at ATS are innocent of all crimes but all it takes is a member of whatever agency to click onto this site, see a link to something they would rather keep a secret and then close it down and it's us who are finding these sites for them.

Of course that is why we are here but i think it would be a good idea if you spot any links that have been suspiciously removed or deleted note down what has been deleted and post that info on a board somewhere.

Who knows. Maybe we'll see a pattern forming.

Over and Out

[edit on 20-1-2006 by StJude]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by StJude
Many of the link on the old posts are dead, not found or the content has been removed and I can only assume this has been noticed by others.

Could you post those?

I'll investigate.

There was a code bug (left over from XMB) related to moving threads and loosing posts. Some of the older threads may still be a victim of this bug. If you give me the link you were provided in the "untagged" list, I can see what happened.

Just put the links in a post within the content tagging thread... then send me a u2u.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I swore to myself, I'd never even make reference to what I do for a living in the "real world". But if there's anyone out there who has ever read a post of mine and with whom I've earned any amount of currency as a truth-teller, please hear me:

ATS is not a front for anyone in power. I figure that if it were, there's better than an 90% certaintly that I'd know about it (no, not 100%, but because of what I do, I'm somebody who'd at least be aware of such a program, if not in the loop).

That's not to say that it's not used by Intelligence as a honeypot for 2 distinct classes. One is the crazy, fanatic or other type of "bad actor" who might do something to hurt somebody or themselves (or both). The other is the opposite of a lunatic who starts making sense to a readership that is above average in intelligence, technically capable, and generally distrustful of authority. This second group is of special interest to certain members of the Intelligence Community since about 1995, when some fairly radical changes occurred in the seats of power and a huge consolidation took place between certain parts of the government and corporate community, soon after the 1994 elections. Other Internet communities of interest are Eschaton, DailyKos and other generally liberal or anti-establishment websites.

It should be no surprise that there has been a drastic increase in the number of right-wing and Christianist fanatics here at ATS, and there's much to learn in the remarkable way they're able to stay "on-message" in this mostly non-conformist community.

I take great pains to anonymize my participation here, and my use of the Internet generally. Anyone who's been reading the non-political, technically savvy new sites like Slashdot or Techdirt recently should think about doing the same. Unless something rather drastic happens, by 2008 you will not recognize the Internet as the freewheeling world of free expression and discourse that it was only a few years ago.

I don't really care if this post comes across as dire and somewhat paranoid. I'm pretty sure that the people I care about will get the message if they aren't already further along the curve than me.

To the others, take time to root out sources of information you can trust, be careful of your personal data, and think carefully about what you hear and see in the media. There's absolutely nothing on the public airwaves that's not coming from those with a very agressive agenda.

And to those blessed souls here who play games of cynical misdirection while bearing Bible verses in your sig lines, and to the sad fools who've taken up your cause, remember there is yet life left in those who believe in the principals upon which this country was built. The endgame won't go down as easy as the opening.

And much respect to the ATS Community.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The mods do on occasion create other users to have fun on the board. I think it's funny.

But no, ATS is not a gov asset in a direct sense. It's certainly a great repository of alternate thinking which makes it valuable, as has already been mentioned. If some gov organization isn't watching then they aren't really doing a good job. But whatever would make you think it's "directly influenced" is just circumstantial. ATS is a place to have fun and have your thoughts read by conspiracy nutz and spooks worldwide (and maybe even some aliens).

Edit:

Hey S.O., do you still have last year's April Fool's Day Forum? I think some of the new members would enjoy it. This thread reminded me of it.

[edit on 2/10/2006 by Arm Of Geddon]

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join