It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret.com is a Government COINTELPRO Disinformation Operation

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Red Pill

Has this been mentioned?

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by StJude
Red Pill

Has this been mentioned?

In a way yes... In this very thread!

You can find the answer to what is posted on that web page here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
St jude, it was just an april fools joke...
for Laura Knight *** to pretend the trace was an official trace that she confirmed is just lazy, and a lie... (and that is most diffinately the perception by the way she wrote the comment on her article)

get ready, because another is coming.... I suspect that this time the mods will all be aliens or somesuch... they get really into the game...

it is like halloween for witches or something...

april fools festivities for conspiracy nuts... who would uh thunk it?

But to aswade your fears, here is my post that brings some light to the debate
_____
If all you paranoids would notice...

about 3/4th of the way thru the replys between our admins, and the idiot "Ark" (mods please excuse comment)
they confirm Arks address... (to send him something??? a summons perhaps, if they were cointelpro, they would already know the address)

If someone slanders you or libels you in such a way that it affects your income, then they are responsible for:
1). proving the things they are saying are true. (which can't be done here)
2). You are responsible for whatever moneys are lost due to the lies...

I suspect that the admins are not getting involved here, due to a bigger settlement possible, as long as they aren't "egging it on".

So essentially, they are right about one thing... this board makes some money... which has been affected... (but not its only reason for being).

BTW... to any old time ATS'ers... remember all the appeals to click the ads back in the early days (to help pay for the server)... we dont need to anymore apparently... since the work of our admins has increased the money flow to respectable levels without having to pander for clicks...

But you do see the ADS dont you? you do see the effort put forth by SO and Springer to keep this site popular and profitable?
If they were cointelpro, they would just smuggle heroin or sell arms to pay for the site... (in true cointelpro style )

[edit on 15-2-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

[edit on 15-2-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Echoes Through The Rages

Red Pill

If anyone manages to find anything new that actually corroborates the circumlocutory prevarications which started this whole drama fest, that would be interesting.

Mendacious opprobrium is hardly aberrant on the Internet, and this concomitant promulgation merely chirapsizes the palaverous offscourings of the autochthonous and, dare I say, meretricious primogenitress.

Sorry to be so edgeless, but somebody had to say it.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Echoes Through The Rages

Red Pill

Mendacious opprobrium is hardly aberrant on the Internet, and this concomitant promulgation merely chirapsizes the palaverous offscourings of the autochthonous and, dare I say, meretricious primogenitress.

Must I always remind you Majic... This is an english only forum.

Anyone care to translate?

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Write-Only Text

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Anyone care to translate?

I would, if only I knew what it meant.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I was having a discussion with my dogs last night about this thread and a good roll in the grass and tongue-lolling was had by all.

We agreed that there are many doggy-suspicious things going on at ATS. There are some absolutely cat-friendly members who get away with all kinds of dog-dogging everyday (mentioning no names, but it rhymes with Quaint Dude).

You see, human beings and dogs are flawed, they have agendas, bias, some are easily corrupted and persuaded by fishy delicious cat treats. Others resist, but few don't have a price.

Maybe this Dog/Cat rumor is revenge for some other wrongdoing. Maybe the Kitty Karma has come around to bite ATS on the flanks. Or maybe this is a site rife with police dog infiltrators and cat-worshipping fruitcakes.

Either way, some board member called “Rover30” with an avatar picture of the Thundercats saying "Well I know ATS is not corrupt because of... bla bla bla" doesn't really carry much weight, does it, because if it is cat-friendly, it's all a charade anyway and you can trust no-one.

I made the decision a long time ago to collaborate with all animals away from this site. That way I can build up a relationship with an individual dog or cat and get to know them as animals rather than posts on a board.

This way I develop trust in a subject area that is rife with mistrust.

I’m not accusing anyone of anything … I’m just sayin’.

p.s. St. Jude, I'm curious how you got to be a history teacher with your spelling AND grammar being fairly atrocious! It does, however, help to understand why our kids these days aren't doing so well in school...

[edit on 17-2-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
AboveTopSecret.com is a professional "COINTELPRO" operation using secret black-operations funding to publish and promote disinformation as part of the U.S. Government's agenda to deflect and discredit conspiracy theorists.

Well maybe that's not true, however you at ATS have an unfair censorship thing going here. My topic was trashed by Intrepid because I expressed an opinion. He could of moved it to another forum but no just trashed it.

My post had no swearing and didn't name any members. My topic was a little hot but I have seen worse replies in topics where the people have been rude and jumped all over the poster. I didn't really do that. I made some remarks but again I've seen worse on ATS which get allowed.

It took about 5 minutes for my post to be trashed. I feel wrongful censorship happens here. COINTELPRO maybe not Unfair most definitely.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
What was the topic about? Was it a duplicate of an already existing discussion? If you have a problem with the action submit a complaint using
this button

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDog
Well maybe that's not true, however you at ATS have an unfair censorship thing going here.

You know MrDog (IF that's your real name! See my post above) I'll bet almost everyone who gets their thread trashed thinks they've been unfairly censored. Don't suppose it could have appeared to be trying to cause drama or baiting or sniping, was it?

My topic was a little hot but I have seen worse replies in topics where the people have been rude and jumped all over the poster. I didn't really do that. I made some remarks ...

So you started a hot topic and you didn't REALLY jump all over somebody and you made some "remarks", and you still feel you were "unfairly" cencored?

C'mon, MrDog...
By your own admission, you posted a trouble-making thread and it got trashed. And now you're complaining about it in the COINTELPRO thread? Does that make sense?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Well maybe that's not true, however you at ATS have an unfair censorship thing going here.

You know MrDog (IF that's your real name! See my post above) I'll bet almost everyone who gets their thread trashed thinks they've been unfairly censored. Don't suppose it could have appeared to be trying to cause drama or baiting or sniping, was it?

My topic was a little hot but I have seen worse replies in topics where the people have been rude and jumped all over the poster. I didn't really do that. I made some remarks ...

So you started a hot topic and you didn't REALLY jump all over somebody and you made some "remarks", and you still feel you were "unfairly" cencored?

C'mon, MrDog...
By your own admission, you posted a trouble-making thread and it got trashed. And now you're complaining about it in the COINTELPRO thread? Does that make sense?

No of course that's not my real name. How many people here do use their real name. I don't think you do now
. I'll u2u the topic and you can decide if it should of been trashed. Granted about where I placed my thoughts. I see your point
It wasn't trouble making at all. What I meant by hot was my reaction to the votes. You decide and think if it was fair.

I have already done the gripe link thing but haven't heard back.

[edit on 17-2-2006 by MrDog]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Your topic call anonymous ATS members idiots. Those that voted your ATSNN story down would have known who you were talking about. They read it, and know exactly who you are talking about. Hardly anonymous.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

No of course that's not my real name.

I know. I just thought it was funny coming right after my post about dogs.

I'll u2u the topic and you can decide if it should of been trashed.

I'm not a moderator here and it's not my decision, so my opinion doesn't really matter.

However, as I said in the U2U, I agree with Intrepid 100%. For one thing, it's a direct attack on other members.

But more importantly, everyone recieves No votes (I have) and there isn't always a proper way to say the REAL reason for the No vote. We only have several choices. And there are also going to be people voting against you because they don't like what you say or they don't like you.

Posting a submission is kind of like going to an interview or an audition. You're going to get turned down sometimes, and it's not going to seem fair. But you have to take the bitter with the sweet.

To make a thread complaining about your votes is kind of a childish thing to do. The votes are supposed to be anonymous and not brought out to be discussed with the world. Nobody likes getting No votes. Trust me. And they seem unfair. But making a thread about it isn't right. Make the next submission better. Make it so they CAN'T vote no. I did and I STILL got no votes.

If I voted on your submission, it would be No. In my opinion, it doesn't measure up to ATSNN standards for a news story. Not to mention you have at least one incomplete sentence and a grammar error. Your submission has got problems. Instead of complaining, work to make the next one better.

That's what I think.

-BH

I have already done the gripe link thing but haven't heard back.

Well, now it seems you have.

[edit on 17-2-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Not to get back to the thread topic or anything but....

It seems to me that ATS is too large and broad with too many members to be entirely a product of gov. disinfo. Of course there's bound to be a weasel somewhere around every hen house, but they certainly don't seem to dominate here. Some forums I could mention seem to have only a handful of posters that account for 80% of the posts, and if any thread is posted that doesn't fit nicely within the preordained dialectic box, the usual suspects rush in to bury it beneath a wave of Arab vs Jew or Left vs Right or Atheist vs Christian psychobabble. That sort of thing seems to be at a minimum here.

Now if I could only figure out how to get an avatar to work!

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I would have to say my favorite conspiracy was the WITD thread and fiasco.

Wasn't that whole incident the one that started the whole "ATS is run by the CIA" conspiracy theory, or at least made it take off?

Or was the Br*an incident the one?

WITD will always be my personal favorite, because just the drama factor alone and the chaos that insued has yet to be beaten in my experience.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I would have to say my favorite conspiracy was the WITD thread and fiasco.

For those who have no idea what WITD was/is, you can start here:
The WITD Whispers Thread (August 6, 2003)
Whispers in the Dark--The real deal (RATS August 29, 2003)

The ultra-short version:

In mid-2003, soon after our conversion from XMB 1.6, a "hacker" utilized known exploits in left-over XMB 1.6 code in a transitional directory. This allowed them to modify posts (with no trail), read anyone's u2u's, read restricted forums, assign himself interesting IP's, and other chaos.

The "WhispersInTheDark"person began making cryptic posts, leading on several members, and modifying older posts to make it seem like he accurately predicted terrorist events.

Obviously, concerns and drama were rampant. But we immediately classified it as a hoax (hrm, smells like serpo), and investigated. Our investigations led to conclusive evidence in the server logs that this person was indeed using the forgotten XMB 1.6 code and widely published exploits.

One moderator, Dragonrider, refused to accept our investigation and essentially went rogue. He was demodded and quickly became a very public and harsh critic, the first to associate "COINTELPRO" with ATS.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
If only you had stayed on a few more minutes.

Originally posted by resistor
Now if I could only figure out how to get an avatar to work!

I hand crafted a u2u just for you. It even covers finding out an images pixel size, in case you didn't know.

Oh well, as for this place being counter intelligence,

It's not april 1st yet, enough with the comic relief.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

For those who have no idea what WITD was/is, you can start here:
The WITD Whispers Thread (August 6, 2003)
Whispers in the Dark--The real deal (RATS August 29, 2003)

The ultra-short version:

In mid-2003, soon after our conversion from XMB 1.6, a "hacker" utilized known exploits in left-over XMB 1.6 code in a transitional directory. This allowed them to modify posts (with no trail), read anyone's u2u's, read restricted forums, assign himself interesting IP's, and other chaos.

The "WhispersInTheDark"person began making cryptic posts, leading on several members, and modifying older posts to make it seem like he accurately predicted terrorist events.

Obviously, concerns and drama were rampant. But we immediately classified it as a hoax (hrm, smells like serpo), and investigated. Our investigations led to conclusive evidence in the server logs that this person was indeed using the forgotten XMB 1.6 code and widely published exploits.

One moderator, Dragonrider, refused to accept our investigation and essentially went rogue. He was demodded and quickly became a very public and harsh critic, the first to associate "COINTELPRO" with ATS.

That sums it up. Don't forget the FBI was involved. A member, who was concerned that WITD might be a terrorist giving us details of an upcoming attack phoned the feds. The Feds I believe were amongst the first, after investigating, to call it a hoax. A well played hoax. But that did nothing to quell the chaos and such. We ended up losing some of our best people because of the whole thing. It wasnt so much that they kept bringing it up. It was that they were attacking various mods and accusing them of being government spies and agents. The paranoia factor went sky high, ect ect ect.

In the end though, things turned out for the best really. Although the one annoying legacy is all these annoying threads about ATS being a CIA front or whatever, and blah blah blah.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I was aware that the USGovernment places a great deal of investment in secrecy, but I had no idea that the practice was so pervasive, as members describe it here.

If this were a court of law, our administrative, contractual, civil, judicial and legislative servants would have been sent off to the gallows a long time ago. But it's not. So are we simply stuck with the outcome--tyrannical repression cubed--worldwide?

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I am not a big one for "Conspiracy theories" but I did frequent the conversation's mith my dear old Dad a time or two of the JFK and Einsenhouer(SP?) roswell, area 51 and secret group's of the gov's in the world. To me it was all speculation and over all "awarenes" of teh power's that may be. But for my father and I , it was hour's of down right bonding and realizing that we were connected at the hip when it came down to "DENYING IGNORANCE" , and being prepared for anyhting that could of happened in the here and now's of our conversation's.
I'd like to think that if my father would of had a proper chance to be able to operate the computer and give his "Honest" opinion's on some of the stuff that goes on with the current affair's of our GOv. and other power's that may be, he would choose to be here on ATS , because he was (God Rest His Soul) "One hell of a smart Cookie!!" He didn't turn a person that was hungry away and he would actually bring stragler's to the table for a good meal and nice soft bed for the night.
The reason I am bringing this up is to kind of explain to all the Mod's and the poster's that are hardcore PTS, that even with my father gone, you have allowed me to grow both in knowledge and Possibilities of the truth's.
I think if my pop could say something right now it would have to be "What the hell are you worried over the 'Squeaky Wheel' for, there are more gear's to pay attention too and by god, we better get to oiling!"

This whole thing was a farce, and I see you guy's defending yourselve's as should be for the implication's are just too far out there, "But let's not forget where the 'COINTELPRO' originated from, and leave Ceaser what is Ceaser' and give onto ATS what is rightfully ATSer' right to "Deny Ignorance".

Just so we dont forget where it all began,as far as "cointelpro":

COINTELPRO is an acronym for a series of FBI counterintelligence programs designed to neutralize political dissidents. Although covert operations have been employed throughout FBI history, the formal COINTELPRO's of 1956-1971 were broadly targeted against radical political organizations. In the early 1950s, the Communist Party was illegal in the United States. The Senate and House of Representatives each set up investigating committees to prosecute communists and publicly expose them. (The House Committee on Un-American Activities and the Senate Internal Security Subcommittee, led by Senator Joseph McCarthy). When a series of Supreme Court rulings in 1956 and 1957 challenged these committees and questioned the constitutionality of Smith Act prosecutions and Subversive Activities Control Board hearings, the FBI's response was COINTELPRO, a program designed to "neutralize" those who could no longer be prosecuted. Over the years, similar programs were created to neutralize civil rights, anti-war, and many other groups, many of which were said to be "communist front organizations." As J. Edgar Hoover, longtime Director of the FBI, put it

The forces which are most anxious to weaken our internal security are not always easy to identify. Communists have been trained in deceit and secretly work toward the day when they hope to replace our American way of life with a Communist dictatorship. They utilize cleverly camouflaged movements, such as peace groups and civil rights groups to achieve their sinister purposes. While they as individuals are difficult to identify, the Communist party line is clear. Its first concern is the advancement of Soviet Russia and the godless Communist cause. It is important to learn to know the enemies of the American way of life.

Source:
www.icdc.com...

I don't know about alot of alot of thing's, but being's I am here, "All I would have to do is ask, and I am sure there would be an answer!!"

Just a little support from a farely new member and true ATSer to the end!!!
Great thread and if I needed a conspiracy resolved, I 'd trust all you guy's to tear her apart first....

IMHO.......

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join