It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret.com is a Government COINTELPRO Disinformation Operation

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
The associated tactics involve maintaining a healthy – perhaps fanatical – degree of skepticism, questioning all sources (especially from “opinion leaders”), avoiding herd mentality and otherwise refusing to outsource my thinking to others.

The elegance of such a response is that, just as with the eavesdropping/co-opting scenario you described, I can't think of a single effective defense against such a thing.

And therefore the game continues.

Question everything.

Good points Majic and I thank you for your compliments. I rarely think things through to such a degree as to come up with effective means of combating what I view as threats. I guess that talent comes with age, and I do mean that in the most respectful manner

It truly is a double edged sword, the intelligence business has always been that way. An agent could be turned to a double agent who could then be turned into a disinformation agent, and on and on. I'm with you here, if we all keep our wits about us, stand firm in what we believe and trust what our own intellect shows us to be correct we should be sound. That applies to the very things we dare not hope to be true especially more than those we are indifferent or are suspect of. It's always those you trust who are the most capable of hurting you.

To believe otherwise would not be denying ignorance.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Let's see, where do I get my inspiration in contradictions? Oh yes it was the Beatles song called "Revolution!"

"...Don't you know you can count me out...in,"
You know its going to be all right!

Well coming back to the present situation, considering the internet itself in this forum is open posting for those who submit their email and so forth, the fact is that anyone can post. The "operation," does not have to be from management, it is from that "anyone who can and will post.

What gives the illusion that people sit in paid Dilbert cubes, posting here and elsewhere, is the fact that some of the commentary is outright lacking in any subtle approach to recycle current lies from the establishment. Perhaps that is a hidden message of protest in itself. Much of what is discussed is pertinent to what evidence has established on September 11, 2001, but denial is not a river in Egypt any more. We can almost readily detect those who take to an extreme the government story, and who "hate moslems," when they should be embarrased at the NORAD stand down and ask questions. In a moment of musing Silverstein who collected massive insurance says about Building 7 "we are going to pull it," which is an industry term for demolition which requires months of preparation, and people readjust their bow ties and say that was about the firemen when there were none in the building.

So COINTELPRO is not just an infiltration toy of government anymore, it is about MKULTRA and its brainwashing derivatives on the internet. Speaking of derivatives, the elite are floating hundreds of trillions of derivatives right now, and they protect themselves with lies. "The truth, you can't handle the truth!" But may we add in our thinking, even when it stares us right in the face of fact.

[edit on 15-1-2006 by SkipShipman]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Those envious who would criticize us, conveniently avoid some of our most stellar contributions to the collective knowledge base on our topics:

The script for the government's plan to attack the World Trade Center and Pentagon was writtin by the Joints Chief of Staff back in 1962:
Project Northwoods. America's plan to attack America.

A discussion/argument on the Pentagon impact being a missile of some sort or an airplane:
9/11: A Boeing 757 Struck the Pentagon

A discussion on how the Diebold voting machines have helped to lock up the Republican vote in Ohio:
The Diebold Factor

First-hand experience of FEMA "detainment camp" tactics:
I just got back from a FEMA Detainment Camp

Recorded government conversations revealing an assassination conspiracy:
11/29/63 Conversation Between Johnson & Hoover (JFK Assassination)

A new analysis of the film showing the Kennedy assassination:
An Analysis of the Zapruder Film

A difficult but engrossing analysis of details and clues found in the Nick Berg beheading video:
English Words and Western Voices Heard on Nick Berg Beheading Video

William One Sac started this thread to discuss the possibility that Nich Berg wasn't really executed by Insurgents:
Was Nicholas Berg Executed by the CIA?

Your DNA will be required to obtain a job in Australia:
Give DNA or no job; A.F.P.

The third ATS research project is going to dig deep into the shadows of the world's past and discover the truth behind the Omega Agency.
The Omega Agency Research Project

A focus on the foreign share-holder aspects of our financial building blocks and the role they play in our stability
Who Really Owns the USA?

Is it justifiable to continually punish and blame the children of today when we are a direct influence on there actions – Why does there appear to be so much focus on the children and not on the parents?
A Conspiracy Against Children: Exactly who is out of control?

Examining the issues related to a planned demolition of the World Trade Center:
Bombs in the Building: World Trade Center 'Conspiracy Theory' is a Conspiracy Fact
Physics Prof Says Explosives, Not Fires Brought Down WTC Towers

Irregularities and fraud in the 2004 U.S. election:
2004 U.S. Election Results Overview & Discussion

Gazrok's Roswell Series:
The Case for Roswell: Part I.
The Case for Roswell: Part II
The Case for Roswell: Part III (Section A)
The Case for Roswell: Part III (Section B)

One of our highest-viewed threads is scathingly critical of the U.N.
U.N. Oil For Food Scandal Grows. Possibly the Largest in Human History.

Use this thread to post more of your favorite "hard core" conspiracy theory threads from AboveTopSecret.com.

To all of our members, thanking for helping to build the best resource on the Internet for these topics... not to mention, the best damn online community of any topic.

Oh that's it, I'm convinced.

Note that those are just random topics made by other members, not the admins.

How come I never see any posts from the owners/admins of this site?

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merc_the_Perp

Maybe you because have trouble reading? the very list YOU quoted (please refrain form doing huge quotes in the future it's just messy) has some posts/threads from admins.

Nice...

Springer...

[edit on 1-15-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   

You're on one right now!

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Postal Inspector

Note that those are just random topics made by other members, not the admins.

Perhaps you're not looking in the right places?

Posts by SkepticOverlord

Posts by Springer

Posts by SimonGray

Note that posts made in restricted forums are not displayed in search results, which is why some of the search results pages for staff members can seem a bit thin. Nonetheless, all the public posts are there for anyone who wants to read them.

But wait! That's not all!

In Their Own Words

Not only can you read the admins' posts, but now you can hear, in their own words, what they have to say:

Search for Skeptic Overviews

Search for 2 Out Of 3 Amigos

And Board Questions & Business trolls like myself have seen no shortage of posts from the admins.

Also, most of the material which appears on the main site is written by senior staff members, including admins.

So why would they showcase posts from members? Because the ATS staff doesn't dictate ideology to members – though they do suggest that we Deny Ignorance.

If ATS was about staff members issuing official positions on the news of the day and demanding agreement from the membership, I wouldn't be here, and neither would most other ATSers.

Going Postal

But getting back to the original theme of your question...

Want answers?

Follow the posts.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Originally posted by Nygdan
And I musta missed it, why do you speak a basque dialect?

Isn't it obvious?

SoYouWanna work for the CIA?

Language teachers and translators to help those who cannot help themselves.

It was a joke Nygdan - or an attempted abortion. You decide.

loam - Don't even start with that.

Hmmm. It does work better when I use those little icon thingies...

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I'll chime in also, form my own perspective.

The primary reason is that I spend most of my time ensuring this website remains up and running so that the thousands of members, and hundreds of thousands of visitors who post and visit each week have an interesting place to spend time.

ATS is unique in that senior staff don't make this site their pulpit (or only do very rarely). If they did, they'd like not be senior staff for very long.

ATS always has been, and always will be devoted to the membership, not the staff or owners.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Use this thread to post more of your favorite "hard core" conspiracy theory threads from AboveTopSecret.com.

Not to start more WITD-type rumors, but can Skeptic or any top echelon members give me a general hint or elucidation on why member reallivespook was deleted along with his/her posts? I am referring specifically to this post he/she authored that initially was downgraded to BTS before him/her and their posts completely deleted.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Thanks in advance to any 411 offered.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
this whole thread is like burger king stealing arby's roast beef putting it in a blender cooking it..then serving it as a whopper.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vajrayana

Not to start more WITD-type rumors, but can Skeptic or any top echelon members give me a general hint or elucidation on why member reallivespook was deleted along with his/her posts? I am referring specifically to this post he/she authored that initially was downgraded to BTS before him/her and their posts completely deleted.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Thanks in advance to any 411 offered.

Their posts have not been deleted. That member is on global ignore. All posts still exist. I'll leave further details of why they had to be GI'd to some one involved, but I wanted to make sure you knew no posts were deleted.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Maybe you because have trouble reading? the very list YOU quoted (please refrain form doing huge quotes in the future it's just messy) has some posts/threads from admins.

Nice...

Springer...

[edit on 1-15-2006 by Springer]

I meant the thread starters.

Appearance are everything you know. :wink:

I don't even know how 'UFO chasing New Agey' types are qualified to tell me what hit the pentagon.

Spooks

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

You're on one right now!

You mean this piece of damage control?

It's all transparent and they've got their number.

"See, look, we're legit. Honest injun! Look at all these threads other posters have started that some of us have chimed in on, so you wouldn't catch on."

What a sad and silly attempt.

Either you guys are a bunch of spooks or a big fat marketing vehicle cloaked in "The Unexplained" truth seeking.

I've got an idea, why don't you let me make a...

"A 757 *DIDN'T* Hit the Pentagon" thread

...and then they can link that to their front page like they did for the other. If they were so impartial and fair, I don't see that being a problem.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I've got an idea, why don't you let me make a...

"A 757 *DIDN'T* Hit the Pentagon" thread

Like this one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
or maybe this one:

Or hell... start here:
It's nearly 95% related to popular conspiracy theories.

Why so bitter?

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Egyptian River

What a sad and silly attempt.

What's sad and silly is denying the truth when it's staring you in the face.

You asked where the admin posts were, and we showed you. Nobody hid them, they've always been there.

Now you're apparently complaining because we showed you.

Is there a right way to respond to you, or is that impossible?

Intelligent criticism is a wonderful thing – a gift, in fact.

But without the first part, the second part is worthless.

Why not commit to uncovering the truth – whatever it may be – rather than expressing such contempt for it?

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I meant the thread starters.

Here's some "starters":
ATSNN Articles by SkepticOverlord

This was good:
"What You Can't Say" by Paul Graham

Or, there was this one:
Former Bush Administration Economist Believes WTC Felled by Controlled Demolition

There's more, but...

... this question has raised an interesting point... there is currently no way to easily search for the threads someone authors here on ATS. I think we'll integrate that into ATS 5.0.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

... this question has raised an interesting point... there is currently no way to easily search for the threads someone authors here on ATS. I think we'll integrate that into ATS 5.0.

OH MY GOSH! This is something that I have wanted to see for so long. When you know a certain member posted something you want to reference but you can't remember the thread name...the current method of going through the profile and going page, by page by page is so exhausting. I usually just give up.

YAY double YAY.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Indeed, I second that YAY!

That would be a very useful feature, I'm sure the members would appreciate it a lot (I know I would).

Way to keep on keepin on SO.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I might have a "short-cut" to getting this feature running.

Soon, we'll have something like www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/member/[membername].html

This will work similar to the ATSNN contributor list.

Stay tuned.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Paging The Members

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Soon, we'll have something like www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/member/[membername].html

Ooh, sweet!

Of course, by being excited about this, I guess I'm letting my sycophantic role show again.

Damned if I do...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join