It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Mirror Scrying - Has anyone tried it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Has anyone tried looking for visions through a Black Mirror?
Apparently you just paint up a mirror black and place it on a table at an angle so that you can't see your reflection in a darkened room. One site I saw suggested a round or oval mirror is better than a square one.
I have been told that with practice you will see still or moving images or even spirits may come and look back at you....or worse...

I would be interested in learning more through peoples experiences in this area.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I have read about this technique. There is a little more to it than taking a mirror and painting it black. Use a clear piece of glass. Paint it black on the back. Spray paint is ideal to avoid any smudges or brush strokes. The idea is to create a black void to stare into. You look into the side that is not painted. A frame adds to the impression of looking through a window into darkness.

If you believe in psychology you might think of this as projecting your subconscious thoughts onto a blank canvas.

If you believe in the occult, the usual cautions apply. You are opening a door to whatever chooses to come through.

I personally have not tried it.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Do you really, really, not have anything better to do than to fiddle around with mirrors and see what you can see in them? What's the point? Even if it does atttract spirits, demons, etc, don't you think that it would, you know, ruin your day if something went wrong? Seriously, think about it, it's actually a good thing to be afraid of what you do not know of and that's why I personaly would never consider doing this. I'm just warning you, messing with any kind of 'spirits' could ultimately mess up your life. Even if it doesn't attract any kind of spirits, it would still not have much of a point to it.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I don't think there's anything dangerous with this technique, because if the mirror is a link between some (dangerous) spiritual plane or whatever else, then we shouldn't use mirror at all.
I don't see how a black painted mirror should differ from a normal one, speaking about spirits and deamons.

Speaking about subconscious, on the other hand, i think a black painted mirror (or ceramic bowl, for example) should allow you to see thoughts and images your subconscious sends to you. It should be a sort of self analysis, and should help in some psichic skills.
I've painted a ceramic bowl black, but haven't used it yet.

HS

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
There is something dangerous with mirror meditation. I had done it for about 35 years. The person warning you is quite right. The end result was parasitical spirit contact probably was the main contributing cause of a type of intestinal cancer that doctors said should have been fatal already. I used many ways to heal myself without chemo or radiation from the worst pain in my life. I meditated in front of an unpainted mirror and saw such things as all my short whiskers moving like crazy every which way as this energy moved my hair and came around to the front of my face. Many other visions seen are mentioned on the 'ghosts I have seen' post.
The bad energy hit my stomach time after time one day, as I moved it to my brain to get rid of it. I have also chased pains up my arm by concentrating on them. This dimension you seek to enter, is better learned about first. I had no idea what I was getting into when I started. It is not the way to prove to yourself that good spirits exist by experiencing so many bad ones. I ask you what your reason is for attempting contact with spirits? The images are interactive, from an external source and may contain many bad emotions even though you relate to them feeling the positive emotions they have, what you are dealing with? Well....... ask me anything.

Honor Seed

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acekwak
Do you really, really, not have anything better to do than to fiddle around with mirrors and see what you can see in them? What's the point? Even if it does atttract spirits, demons, etc, don't you think that it would, you know, ruin your day if something went wrong? Seriously, think about it, it's actually a good thing to be afraid of what you do not know of and that's why I personaly would never consider doing this. I'm just warning you, messing with any kind of 'spirits' could ultimately mess up your life. Even if it doesn't attract any kind of spirits, it would still not have much of a point to it.

Carl Jung and I disagree with you... there is a lot to be learned from the workings of our own subconscious minds. Far more goes on there than in conscious thought.

You can't understand much of anything until you really understand yourself.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberWasp
Apparently you just paint up a mirror black and place it on a table at an angle so that you can't see your reflection in a darkened room. One site I saw suggested a round or oval mirror is better than a square one.
I have been told that with practice you will see still or moving images or even spirits may come and look back at you....or worse...

I would be interested in learning more through peoples experiences in this area.

smart alec, learning through others, let us know what u learn

ps world peace

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   
What's up with mirrors and the paranormal? We use and see mirrors (and other reflective objects) all through the day every day, and nothing strange happens.
Yet there are so many "legends" surrounding" mirrors like this one, the one about holding a mirror in a slow flowing river, the one where you look over your shoulder with it saying hail Mary's, as far back as Alice in wonderland and many more.
And most of these myths include evil spirits or demons - like in Constantine.
What is the connection? Why would something as simple as plain glass and a reflective surface be so "powerful" or is it just human vanity?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rottonralph101

Originally posted by CyberWasp

smart alec, learning through others, let us know what u learn

ps world peace

I just didn't want to jump into something that was not safe. As HS has pointed out it is not something to play with. You need to know what you are doing it seems.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by CyberWasp]

HS

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
You should recognize this too Gem. There have been in history something like over 2500 stone, clay, metal and wooden idols carved to worship these visions the ancients viewed as god(s). These interactive visions I saw, none of them are God, none are to be worshipped. I'm not sure why they were more visible at first in the mirror, maybe the mind itself is a reflection of past people we have never seen. Our ancestors may pass visual memory through the DNA we have, no one is sure. I am sure that many of the images that ancients carved and worshipped are nothing more than the demons of the otherside scaring the ancient person. And how much like this is the rulers at that time who tried to control by fear. We are not controlled by fear from the living spirit and/or the departed spirit, we are a free people to choose our way. And choosing that way that gives us understanding with as little of the pain and suffering as possible is more important as relates to the visionary world. And this because things can get out of hand a lot quicker than real life, I had smoke coming from the mirrors in the room and real fire flashing next to my head in some of the last mirror meditation sessions I did. I am sure I was a notch away from a hellish dimension that would have left a pile of ashes on the the chair, as in spontaneous combustion of people reported in other paranormal circumstances, where intense heat is required, and yet the chair only showed minor burns. The sudden hits of hot and cold in localized areas on my body, or in it, or my whole body was a clue to the danger. Another clue was the way I seemed to be coated with a thin film of greasy dirt after getting hit with cloud after cloud of dark electromagnetic energy emanating from visions I saw either in the mirrors or straight up. Believe me when I write that this dimension can be visited, and you can survive, I am livng proof of that. But the seemingly good visions of that dimension are nothing more than that Nazi good guy/bad guy team that interrogated prisoners in WWII. Pretty soon, the unwary, will find themselves relying and even holding as a god sent vision the relief given from the torturing bad guy vision. But this is all a deception spinnig you slowly into a real depression and probably lining you up for a lenghty stay in hell after you pass on. The deceit is incredible and fairly matches the deceit of the living in methods. Yes, it does give great understanding of yourself and gives a clear idea of relating to even the lowest scum of the earth. There comes great responsibility while engaging this living/departed spirit also. It feeds off hatred which it causes, same with fear. I was disgusted that it enters my body without my invitation or permission, yet it mindspeaks. It feeds off disgust, so I forgave it. Only the innocence of a child who knows no wrong, with the wisdom gift from God can go along the path I have taken. It may well be sin itself. I wish I knew of a way to lift sin from the people of the world, so that they might enjoy a life of more than 150 years and enjoy the fruits of their labor. On the other hand it may be that the balance of good and bad is required so that we strive to improve ourselves thereby improving society. Until society is improved enough, this evil force will not subside.

Honor Seed

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram

Carl Jung and I disagree with you... there is a lot to be learned from the workings of our own subconscious minds. Far more goes on there than in conscious thought.

You can't understand much of anything until you really understand yourself.

Believe me, I think I (and everyone else) can get through life just fine without 'understanding' ourselves. But hey, that's just me, if you wanna disagree, be my guest. Like I said, it's kinda pointless. What makes you so sure that what you see in the mirror is connected with the subconscience mind? If you ask me, I'd say it's more worthwhile to go do some yardwork or something useful then to screw around with a mirror.

[edit on 101/12/0606 by Acekwak]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hmm it depends on whatever u want to attract, but to the person or persons who have tried this technique, does it even work? What vision did you see? Tell Us some more.

Crusader

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
Hmm it depends on whatever u want to attract, but to the person or persons who have tried this technique, does it even work? What vision did you see? Tell Us some more.

Ya, seriously, does it work??? It would help if anyone actually had results from this.
We're all talking about it, yet none of us have or know of anyone who has done this "expirement".

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
You really should know what you are doing and have experience in working with universal powers before messing with black mirror scrying. First you need to be of sound mind and have good intent. Intention is the key to keeping the bad forces out, if you are not sure about your intent and motivation, then you should not be playing with it.

You also to increase your odds of success need to do this on a black moon, burn the proper incense and candles and make sure you mirror has been cleansed and consencrated. This is done in ritual using different types of dark herbs.

You must study the dark arts before you try something like scrying.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
(post deleted by request)

[edit on 12-1-2006 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Post deleted.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
(post deleted by subsequent request.)

[edit on 12-1-2006 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
(post deleted) OK, a solution has been worked out and the situation between me and The Parallelogram. He got rid of his post, and I got rid of this one and the other. TP's above post should be ignored also.

Cug

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acekwak
Ya, seriously, does it work??? It would help if anyone actually had results from this.
We're all talking about it, yet none of us have or know of anyone who has done this "expirement".

I've done it many times, it's my primary way of envoking. Normally I use the "triangle of the art" from the key of Solomon. The black circle is the mirror.

Basically when your doing this you have a ton of smoke from incense, and you have only candles for light. What you see really depends on how good you are (For some reason women seem better at this than men) At first it's quite like seeing shapes in the clouds, as your scrying skills develop you can have a more "real" experience. For me most of the communications from the spirit are mostly in the form of pantomime, kinda like a game of charades, once and a while I can hear snippets of something. A while back I had a pretty good scryer to work with and she was able to see and hear the entity most of the time.

BTW just making a mirror and looking for something at random wont get you much.. you might freak yourself out but other than that...

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I have done mirror scrying but i always considered it a type of ritual magick leading up to, and enhancing, meditation. I never considered it a gateway to some evil dimension or whatever, just a way of accessing your own thoughts without the distraction of things around you to look at.

All the mirror myths seem to be based on real ritual magick, the warning to use round mirrors instead of square sounds equivocal to ritual use of circles for protection, for example. I guess all the stories about people who saw nothing dangerous or evil and actually had quite a relaxing or focusing experience were a little too dull to re-tell as often as the ones where people see the antichrist lying in a ditch, drinking lead paint and muttering about humping george bush to usher in armageddon or whatever.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join