It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Higher light answers for questions"

page: 409
<< 406  407  408    410  411  412 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm far from pessimistic, sarcastic maybe but not pessimistic. I like to think of myself as a jolly guy, who doesn't hold grudges, has no enemies and has overcome depression and anxiety for a number of years.

I just don't believe that one single person has the answers, i also think that anybody who believes that one person can give all the answers via 'higher channeling' needs to examine who and where and why they search for answers.

I tried not to be rude in my post and didn't resort to name calling, and understand that my questioning may have offended you, but i'd seriously like to know how you get these answers.

For your information i have studied many religions and beliefs, i have visited ashrams and studied texts and passages and science and philosophy, so at least i'm not wandering into this thread with too much ignorance.

So my sacasm aside, can you elaborate. Because as far as i was aware, meditation was a way to relax and explore your own inner thoughts and subconscious desires and was NOT a way to provide answers to other people. Especially knowing that many of the people who seek these answers may be in a vulnerable state.

Regards, Mr-Lizard

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
some times it takes a big "time"
to break through the walls of truth

believe nothing
and don't believe in not believing

find your own truth

that truth being >>>> through your own experience

follow the flow ..>>>

ask and you will find

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I just don't believe that one single person has the answers, i also think that anybody who believes that one person can give all the answers via 'higher channeling' needs to examine who and where and why they search for answers.

I'm still constantly trying to figure all that out myself.

I tried not to be rude in my post and didn't resort to name calling, and understand that my questioning may have offended you

It didn't offend me, the logic you used just didn't appeal to me,

Because as far as i was aware, meditation was a way to relax and explore your own inner thoughts and subconscious desires and was NOT a way to provide answers to other people.

Have you ever read "Man and His Symbols" by Carl Jung, or much about Jungian psychology and how it interprets various symbols?

The "subconscious" is really everything that isn't our conscious awareness, and this includes lower parts of the brain that have to do with our "automatic" body functions, the release of hormones, ways chemicals interact, etc., all being fairly universal things among human despite how different our conscious awarenesses appear to us. Most of our subconscious "issues" are related to a handful of basic complexes that Jung identified through his years of doing thousands of individual dream interpretations. Our integration of these "subconscious" tendencies of ourselves into our conscious awareness is what relieves this tension. Jung called that individuation or becoming your most true self.

I can't make sense of what half of the other people here post, either, but each individual's subconscious has nasty ways of presenting the issue over and over and over anyway until it's resolved, and the more introspective we become ourselves the more we're going to realize the elephant in the room, so to speak. Whatever anybody posts here, people can try to get what they want out of it I guess because I can't even tell what's behind most posts, or whether it's just unintelligible anyway.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Yes indeed I am aware of Jung and in particular his study of dreams, and translations of the subconscious. Now if we're talking pessimistic behaviour, Freud was the bugger who upset Jung if my memory is correct.

Very deep stuff, and at the moment i am fully engrossed in a number of books about semiotics and the western cultureal understanding of external signs and reactionary behaviour.

Quite fascinating. Although I could sway massively off topic.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Mr Green

Well how come your 'higher self' seems like the myriad of pseudo-scientific/pseudo-spiritual' new age stuff that seems to be doing the rounds these days.

Because you don't truly see the forest, you're fascinated by the tree. All of this forest talk goes out the window when your nose is pressed to the tree. I understand this is hard accept.

No offence of course, but i've spoken to and listened to a lot of the supposed 'enlightened' people and I have to say all this talk of 'higher-self' seems to be nothing more than an attempt to satisfy others with a re-hash of new age trickery.

Have you ever listen with an open mind, or do you always fight fire with firewood?

For instance, there are thousands of authors who talk about world peace, inner peace, the enlightened spirit and such... but seem to line their pockets with the profits of their own recycled words, whilst providing no answers except thinly veiled mystic quotes that reveal nothing.

Very true. There are many people that use intellect to manipulate and control. Those humans will have a higher price to pay, truth that. There is a paramount difference between knowledge and wisdom. Don't generalize the pure because of what the impure have done.

You don't see ANY of these enlightened folk serving the best interests of the starving, the poor, the sick, the dying, the war-wounded, the dehydrated.....

Yes they do. And yes I do. Everyone is doing the best the KNOW HOW to do, presently. There is no easy fix to the state of the world. Change is coming however, and not just OBAMA.

Nope.... all their profits just contribute to their own sense of smug self-satisfaction.

You need to learn to pluck the good apples from the bad. Or you will starve.

How do these so called 'enlightened' people live with themselves?

No one who takes advantage of another person is enlightened. They have merely conceptualized knowledge and discarded wisdom in place of their desires.

AAC

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I accept that some of my words may have been a tad harsh yesterday and i put it down to stress.

Some good quotes above. Especially seperating the bad apples from the good.

Maybe i've been a tad harsh with people who claim to be spiritually pure, as a result of a bad experience a few years ago, and i may have been generalising.
On top of that, i also had a strange experience in India that in its own way cast several doubts on my ideas of understanding spiritual purity and affected my trust in regards to those who deserve compassion and those who exploit the needy.

So ever since then, i've always been a little untrustworthy of those who claim to provide answers via contact with higher light beings and the like.

Now that i'm being honest, i hope we can maybe enter some dialogue as to how we can seperate distrust and paranoia from 'gut feeling'. As in this case i seem to have used my distrust as a shield which may or may not have prevented me from using my experience as a learning tool.

And yet in other cases, my 'distrust' has served me well and potentially kept me away from danger.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

In tarot symbolism, "the fool" is the fool and also considered the most enlightened trump of the deck, and he is often depicted as stepping off of a cliff, because he has seemingly thrown away all his defense mechanisms and acts regardless of consequences. Seemingly he is insane, and from our perspective he may as well be.

I think all of us here are continually learning to strip away our own defense mechanisms, and replacing them with more yielding and approachable attitudes, that allow us mastery of our feelings and behaviors. I don't know of any particular trick except that a lot of ancient spiritual classics like the Bhagavad Gita, Gnostic texts banned from the Bible, etc. all have expressed a lot of truth to me personally, as well as thousands of others. Even those truths are like scientific formulas, they have limits where "chaos" or the "unknown" comes into play and have to be constantly refined to take those into account, so all truth is relative. The real point of any science or religion is simply to allow the individual a better understanding and fuller experience of the mystery that he or she is perpetually faced with. And those types of texts, and certain zen koans, help me to really get my head in the right place.

Overall it's very personal and individual work, and your best methods of learning you have to find yourself. No one here could give you the full answer anyway, or else s/he wouldn't (couldn't) be posting here.

The easiest way I find to strip down defense mechanisms is to simply dismiss them for what they are, scars on my awareness that need to be removed. For example, when I'm reading something and can't really decipher the quality of what I'm reading (whether it's just so far beyond my sight, or so confused), I just realize first and foremost that there is no way I could know for sure. This fact has a way of creeping into any circumstance when you think about it. I never know anything, in the most ultimate sense, I am wandering around blindly in a mystery that I don't understand and I only THINK I know what the hell I'm doing when I make symbols and gestures and sounds at other things that look like people, etc. Another typical defense mechanism might say all this sounds insane, maybe it does, but I'm still secure in myself and in my reasoning and that's what makes the difference. Because it doesn't matter if I know something or not. To think otherwise is a fallacy.

("I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance." - Socrates)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I had to star your post, I just caught it and liked it. I haven't been following the rest of the conversation though but I like your attitude. "humble".

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

On top of that, i also had a strange experience in India that in its own way cast several doubts on my ideas of understanding spiritual purity and affected my trust in regards to those who deserve compassion and those who exploit the needy.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by mr-lizard]

Would love to hear about it. I would enjoy the perspective.

AAC

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I have one...

From the time I was little I have always believed in something else out there. I have always felt I needed to go to that other place. I use to ask to go home when I was already at home. Even now at times I feel like I am not really at home. Sounds weird I know but here is my question.... Was I ever abducted when I was younger? I have reasons to wonder about this the older I get and the more I think about things that had happened to me. Am I from another place and that's why I feel this need to go there even though I dont know "where" there is??

Thanks

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I have an enlightenment speech to both the people asking the questions and the people answering them. I am not forcing you to take anything into consideration but if you truly are 'nostalgic' you will understand my point of view.

One tends to help another only to help themselves in their own ideological way. Just how a human being projects their bad habits onto others, or notices their own bad habits in others and enlightens them about it, your so called "higher" self really is just the real you answering other people's questions based on your own experiences. It's not someone else answering, it's not your higher spirit. All it is, is you stepping outside of the box and giving an answer to someone who is still in the box. Just like how I stepped outside of your box and can see exactly what you are doing to these people. The only problem with what you are doing is giving them a cheat sheet or a shortcut for them to take. This might be an advantage to some but to most it destroys their own habit of learning from experience. One must learn to walk before they run, giving them the answer before they attempt their own question will make them fail at understanding similar situations in the future.

To all of you seeking questions, the answer is time. Give it time and your mind will reveal it to you when you are ready. For those of you who don't understand my words you will understand the following, unless you can't relate words to real life situations.

How will you know that there is a swing in the park if you have never walked through the park ? Yes. Some one might tell you that a swing is there, but what if I ask you the color of the swing ? the size ? the style ? the surrounding? You will come to realize that you know none of these details only because you decided to get lazy and ask someone instead.
So if I ask you about the color, are you going to go back to that same person and ask him/her again ?

That is the situation you will enter. Because you decided to get the answer before receiving the experience you will never understand the situation you were in. Therefore, your experience in life will gradually slow down because what you should have understood from the first time it happened to you, will happen again and you won't notice it.

Obviously do not forget another key factor. What if the person you asked about the swing lied to you ? or gave you the wrong answer by mistake ? To finally realize that in fact there never was a swing.
That leads onto the inaccuracy of the answer given to you. Just like how someone might be color blind. Just because he gave you the right color of an object doesn't mean its right to you, you come to your own conclusions, you come to your own theories. Someone giving you their own conclusions will again limit your experience in life as a developing human being.

To those who read this I hope you understand now that there is no need to rush for the answers. Let them come to you.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Akutski

While I can agree with a lot of what you're saying, I have to disagree on your comprehension of higher self. Yes, we do mostly answer from experience either personal or passed on, but there is another esoteric delivery of providence.

Don't make the mistake as to quantify to your understandings only, it is subjective thinking.

If higher self was the color blue. How would you describe that accordingly to a man who was born blind?

I can see that you're intelligent, but always assume that there is more. Because there is, even if it isn't experienced by you yet.

AAC

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
There are things that remind us, that we are human but within that human clause remains many hiddern marvels, what do we really possess within us, that makes us stand for life.

Things that seem unjust seem to be a sign either to adjust the situation or not comply with it.

I have seen a lot not only in my own personality that seems to exhibit, what is on the outside, though many things pass us by, not to many things let us in to see.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
stropped up air and slimes in the body work illusionairy, a carefull bodytreatement is very large, grand. spitting up, vomiting and burping from deep within work very good. stiffness is a grand fact too.

It will all evolve.

stone circles with incense sticks work very much on altering awareness. Do as you please.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
it also works on the lurching of others on your etherial body. it's that which I meant.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
be the child within, it is strong, fire fascinates. sometimes mindprops are overlapping, like someone steals them away from you, good health is very important.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Are the "greys" related to us? Answer:An ancestral cousin.
Did we know them in the past?They were us.

Correction THEY ARE US. Everything is happening all at once.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by menguard]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by menguard

what is the red dragon?

If I could think of a way to make this a question consist of more than one line I would.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by riley]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

Answer:The center of man.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hey Menguard just stopping in to say hi again. And I am glad to see you are still at it my friend. I am still here hehe watching.

top topics

<< 406  407  408    410  411  412 >>

join