It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The holy war.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Dear fellow men,

The holy war, what is this?

I haven't read about it before so maybe some of you might have some input into this.

Would this be a war between men, in this world let's say, or is this a war between good and evil, also on subtler planes. This might, too invoking a war in real life.

Isn't this holy war then not started yet, or is it going along for ages 'till now. Or is it in preparing footsteps? With the outcome soon to come? The light overcoming the darkness, or completely erasing the darkness from our lifetimes. But in fact, with the light allready being won, I've read, and heard, and came up with. For without light darkness can not exist? Imagine all being darkness, what place would that be?

Is it a fight between higher and lower lifeforms, or do higher and lower lifeforms have opposites to themselves with the lower not being the opposite of the higher, but let's say positive and negative, higher and lower lifeforms and these interacting or 'fighting' with eachother? How could we help into this? By cleaning ourselves? By making us righteous?

So brothers, what will this war be, or what is this war?

comments?

AA

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Which war would be holy? If it isn't one of His. So I guess he isn't always 'peace-minded' or is this word war just a word for something that has to take over something else?

Him recalling all his demons, might be fallen ones? recalling all his teasers, teasing ones who should put on their armour and fight! Making them awake.

Maybe this struggle to awakeness is this holy war? Must be we are all going through that right about now.

So maybe this holy war, has been going on since we ate apples and were thrown out of His paradise, His realm, we then suffering alone, without His presence, but Him still waking over our souls, showing us light when needed, giving us guidance when expected, letting us grow back to Him.

Might be this struggle might be called a holy war. Destroying evil patterns of ourselves. Evil judgements, evil thoughts. Evil came into us, now evil has to be removed, what a struggle, but the end allready sacrificed our deeds, for the end, always being, for there is no end, there only is. The end, always around, the end, a new beginning, a beginning of a never ending.

A state of being!

Blessed be.

AA

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
So wars do end.. into states of peace, joy and love.

Make your war end, for your own good, and the sake of others, or take a break, and do something funny with someone. Fight together!

And when an evil one turns his head, hush him away with love and joy, or make him stay with something for him to pray for.

But remember, when your war was on strike, continue again with faith, couress your deamons as to they will melt away. Embrace your angels, let them take you on a walk.

As long as you live, you won't die in this war. For this war is not a loss, this war is won.

AA

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
A 'Holy war' is just the leaders of a certain group of individuals way of justifying the killing of innocent people. Most wars throughout the centuries have had religious connotations attached to them. Justification is the operative word here never mind angels and demons/good and evil.

G

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
holy war can be alot of different things. if im correct jihad means holy war.
it could also be the end of times war spoken of in revelations. it could reference the crusades as they were said to be a holy wars. so who knows.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Jihad is supposed to mean 'Holy struggle' but its a struggle with ones self not a struggle against others. And as I said Justification is the operative word.
Why would there be an end of times war if God specifically said that he would NEVER kill off humans again after the flood?

G

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
ever read revelations? god actually said he would never do it by flood again. if jihad means struggle then why do they sya they will wage jihad on the infidels.
is it....
wage holy war on the infidels
or is it...
wage holy struggle on the infidels
1st one makes a whole olot more sense.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Jihad meanig holy struggle, I did not know that, I hope you are right for this means I had a pretty well insight on it.

Still, the end of times war I have read.

This might mean us leaving a 'time-based' life. I recall myself saying at 2012 all clocks to be removed and men just living with the sun again, day and night, morning noon evening. Dusk 'till Dawn.

Then again, the end of times war, a struggle within ones self, a struggle to reveal ones self in what some call 'the now', in what is, in that what is, for labeling that what can not be labeled. Trying to judge what is unjudgable. All. I get aches in my body trying to make it something. Might be God (haha, makes my light flash), God might be a nice word for it, I might never label it otherwise again. For God is not judged, no one can truly clarify that what God is. Therefore they might have called it God, the creator, but no face to picture, no thing to see except all things. hahaa

I obey. Or don't I. Judge me God, for I am to be judged on.

Teach me as thy son, reveal my true self, for that's is all I live for.

I try to mean it with all I can, but this might not be enough, take me under thy wings as I goeth. I just know thy will strenghten me. Thou hast found me, wilth I find thou?

what a stupid question that last one.

I obey, I serve. want to?

Here am I, take me as I am, and mould me into thy perfect state, of being.

Blessed be, bless me.

David

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by plague
ever read revelations? god actually said he would never do it by flood again. if jihad means struggle then why do they sya they will wage jihad on the infidels.
is it....
wage holy war on the infidels
or is it...
wage holy struggle on the infidels
1st one makes a whole olot more sense.

Quote from Wiki on Jihad:
Jihad (Arabic: جهاد jihād) is an Islamic term, from the Arabic root jhd ("to exert utmost effort, to strive, struggle"), which connotes a wide range of meanings: anything from an inward spiritual struggle to attain perfect faith to a political or military struggle to further the Islamic cause. The meaning of "Islamic cause" is, of course, open to interpretation. Mainstream Muslims consider jihad to be the most misunderstood aspect of their religion by non-Muslims[1]. The Islamic religious legitimacy of the goals or methods of various Islamist movements who adopt the terminology of jihad is often brought into question, usually by moderate and liberal Muslims.

The term is frequently mistranslated into English as "holy war"; however, the concept of jihad encompasses more than just warfare, and a more accurate translation probably would be "holy struggle", "righteous struggle" or "holy endeavour". The denotation is of a challenging or difficult, (frequently) opposed effort, made either in accomplishment or resistance.

Note the mistranslation into English

G

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
The term is frequently mistranslated into English as "holy war"; however, the concept of jihad encompasses more than just warfare...

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't hear you over the sound of bombs exploding, aircraft being flown into buildings, suicide bombings, calls for the extermination of Israel, etc etc etc.

We all know how Islam came into being, and how it is spread.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Well, as to speak the truth, I don't really know how Islam came into effect Roger. Do want to take some time explaining it to us. Would be a help for me. We might end up in a wider discussion.

regards,

AA

top topics

join