It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Poll. Your Opinion. Are We Being Visited By Other Worldly Lifeforms?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
A) Yep defiantly.

B) Nope, but I'm still looking to the stars!

C) NVQ's in digital imaging and desktop publishing

work as Web-Co-Ordinator

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Summary to date:

(Hope I counted right, some people answered with a little confliction. Saying B to Question #2, and explaining their UFO sighting. A little miscommunication is all.)

Questions:

1) Do you believe we are being visited by other worldly lifeforms?
A) Yes, I do.
B) No, I do not.
C) I am still undecided.

2) Have you personally ever seen an airborn object you could not, nor to date been able to identify or compare to anything you know of?
A) Yes, I have.
B) No, I have not.
C) I'm not sure, it could have been something from Earth, I just don't know.

Tally to date:

Question #1:

A) Yes, I do = 15
B) No, I do not = 1
C) I am still undecided = 3

Question #2:

A) Yes, I have. = 5
B) No, I have not. = 11
C) I'm not sure, it could have been something from Earth, I just don't know. = 3 *(& 1/2, one response could have also been B)

I think my counting is correct. I'll calculate the tally every once in awhile, or if someone else feels so inclined, please feel free. This way we only have to count from the last tally, not from the beginning of the whole thread.

Thanks for the responses thus far, and the honesty. Integrity is appreciated.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
B) No, I do not.

2) Have you personally ever seen an airborn object you could not, nor to date been able to identify or compare to anything you know of?
B) No, I have not.

3) I am sixty-one years old. I have a BA in English from the University of Maryland, a BSE from Arizona State University, and am finishing up an MBA from the University of Phoenix.

I was a Petty Officer second class in the Navy, serving on a submarine, taught fifth grade in Maryland public schools for a year, spent six years as a mainframe computer operator and supervisor, ten years as a tech writer, two years as a systems engineer for a photovoltaics company, and thirteen years as a proposal manager. With the exception of the photovoltaics job, all of my office jobs have been for aerospace and defense companies, including IBM Federal Systems Division, Talley Defense Systems, Motorola Government Electronics Group, and my present employer, The Boeing Company.

I have flown small airplanes with 18 hours solo time (including Solo XC) but did not get a private pilot's license.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
B) No, I do not.

B) No, I have not.

3) I am sixty-one years old. I have a BA in English from the University of Maryland, a BSE from Arizona State University, and am finishing up an MBA from the University of Phoenix.

I was a Petty Officer second class in the Navy, serving on a submarine, taught fifth grade in Maryland public schools for a year, spent six years as a mainframe computer operator and supervisor, ten years as a tech writer, two years as a systems engineer for a photovoltaics company, and thirteen years as a proposal manager. With the exception of the photovoltaics job, all of my office jobs have been for aerospace and defense companies, including IBM Federal Systems Division, Talley Defense Systems, Motorola Government Electronics Group, and my present employer, The Boeing Company.

I have flown small airplanes with 18 hours solo time (including Solo XC) but did not get a private pilot's license.

Hello, Off_The_Street,

" you have done well in your life task "
A quote from Albert Einstien to Nikola Tesla.
Have you ever heard of any interesting storys regarding the purposed questions above from any of your work colleges?

All the best... ian

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
C) More and more inclined to believe we have not been visited

A) Yes, I have Unidentified Flying Objects

41 years of Age

I am a Media Developer: 3D Illustration/Animation

[edit on 5-1-2006 by nullster]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
A) Yes, I do.

B) No, I have not.

3) ... your point of view and perspective...
The universe is billion years older than our sun
the building bricks of life is everywhere in the universe
as we can see around our own star there is alot of planets everywhere
each big body (like Jupiter) have their own planets, some of wich could have had life if they were hot enough
wich proves that in systems with two or more stars there must be planets around each star
Venus, Tellus, Mars, Titan, Europe (if I remember correct) are all of about earth's size and might have had life, thats 5 planets in just one starsystem that once had or could have life if warm enough.
this all show life in the universe must be the rule of thumb, not the exception
In addition to all this logic we have the following;
items found in the past that does not fit the period
legends telling our anchestors from thousands of years ago encountered people coming down from the sky in a fire of ball, in a cloud or out of an egg (eggs big enough to have several people in it and could fly)
modern eyewithnesses telling of objects on fire, hiding in clouds or egg shaped (along with other shapes like triangels and cigars) wich seem to confirm the old legends
as well as all the documents released already

So we know without doubt that they are here, and also that they have been here for thousands of years. Those who don't 'belive' ET's are here are ignorant or uneducated, or reject logic or reason.

But it is also clear that it is not possible to get an official contact with them and there is nothing our governments can do to force our guests to talk to us. They just fly away.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by Ghaele]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I believe in possibilities and probabilities. Anything is possible and it is even highly probable that with the multitude of planets out there that there is extraterrestrial life at some level of civilization. However, I find it highly improbable that an alien species of an intelligent nature (relative to humans) has the means to travel the distance necessary to reach us. After all if they do have that level of technology, they would have nothing to fear from the likes of us causing them to keep themselves hidden.

And as for a possible governmental cover-up on the matter, I really don’t think something that event changing could stay concealed very long. One shred of mindfully fashioned extraterrestrial alloy fallen to earth on a comet perhaps, but surely not physical contact nor even a radio transmission with all the transceivers these days.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
1-yes

2-yes

3-working on BS in engineering

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
1.) Leaning toward A.

2.) Personally speaking, B.

3.) A Snake in the Garden...

[I am a writer/researcher with an interest in Policy, Government, Psychological Strategy, and Counterintelligence. UFOs interest me, too.]

Serpentime

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   

A) Yes, I do.

I would prefer to say, "have been visited" with more events occurring in the late forties through the sixties. I think their interest was in our nuclear capability. But visitations have dropped off, and are somewhat rare these days. I believe this because of the staggering amount of evidence, and yes, the government recovered a crash in Roswell, and continues to cover it up.

B) No, I have not, but I keep my eyes open.

3) If you are willing to, please tell us what you do for a living

I am a 42 year old electronics engineer with BSEE degree, and an associates degree in Drafting. I have worked at this capacity for ten years, and prior to that, I worked other various meaningless jobs.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ian asks if any of my colleagues in the aerospace/defense industry have reported any UFO related things.

Not really.

You need to understand that most people I work with are like me: more interested in their families, their homes, their education, world affairs, and why, after over ten years, the Arizona Cardinals can't possibly win a stupid football game.

You also need to remember that, in my tenure in the business, there've only been about 40-50 people who are even interested enough to talk about such things, so my experiences may or may not be statistically significant.

With that said....

When we sit around and BS, usually at someone's house on a weekend, once in a while some of the more esoteric subjects do come up. Most of my colleagues with whom I hang out outside of work know about "chem-trails" because they know of my interest. Their response is almost universally the same: stunned disbelief followed by howls of laughter. They cannot conceive of anyone possibly believing such things; but they are speaking form the background of degreed engineers and/or retired military pilots.

The same thing goes for the shape-shifting lizards, hollow Earth, Secret Nazi bases in Nieuw Schwabenland, etc.

When it comes to extraterrestrial visitors, most of my colleagues agree that it's certainly probable that intelligent life is found in the Galaxy; most people know about the Drake Equation and we follow science enough to realize that extrasolar planetary systems are extremely common. But only a couple of people I've talked with thing that we've actually been visited by Spaceship guys, and those people admit there's no hard evidence; they just believe it sort of on faith.

As far as classified stuff -- well, that doesn't come up. When I was working on classified programs, i wouldn’t even talk about it with my colleagues on the same program if I weren't at work, and I would never discuss it with anyone else, even if I knew they had a clearance (because they didn’t have a need to know). I have not held a SECRET or higher clearance for over ten years, and, although some of my colleagues working on black programs still have a clearance (including some Special Access people), we would no more discuss that business than we would run down the Superstition Freeway buck naked and wagging our weenie at a sheriff's deputy!

This, by the way, is why the "Top Secret Information Exposed” posts here on ATS and other Internet sites is so laughable: typically, the only people who talk about top secret disclosures are those who never had - and probably couldn't get -- a clearance in the first place.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

As far as classified stuff -- well, that doesn't come up. When I was working on classified programs, i wouldn’t even talk about it with my colleagues on the same program if I weren't at work, and I would never discuss it with anyone else, even if I knew they had a clearance (because they didn’t have a need to know). I have not held a SECRET or higher clearance for over ten years, and, although some of my colleagues working on black programs still have a clearance (including some Special Access people), we would no more discuss that business than we would run down the Superstition Freeway buck naked and wagging our weenie at a sheriff's deputy!

Just had to reiterate that the above viewpoint is the norm, not the exception....for those who've held or hold such clearances....from my experience....

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Just had to reiterate that the above viewpoint is the norm, not the exception....for those who've held or hold such clearances....from my experience....

i would have to agree. although we controllers to have a tendency, while at work, to BS about strange things we have witnessed, classified topics are not discussed outside of the facility. it was the same in the navy.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
This, by the way, is why the "Top Secret Information Exposed” posts here on ATS and other Internet sites is so laughable: typically, the only people who talk about top secret disclosures are those who never had - and probably couldn't get -- a clearance in the first place.

Dont you think much of the Disclosure project then?
they claim to have 400 government, military, and intelligence community witnesses,

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

And that is why there isn't any proof of space ship guys. It's funny how the sexual relations of a politician (just for example) can leak out like a sieve, but classified technology secrets are taken to the grave. The government can't keep secrets very well, but the private sector can. That is probably where some of the best secrets are kept.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
A) Yes, I do.

3) If you are willing to, please tell us what you do for a living, a brief biography if you will to include your level of education. (None of this is truly important, but it gives the members an oportunity to connect with your point of view and understand your perspective a little better. I don't care if your in the 3rd grade, you have eyes & a brain, and your experiences are important.)

I'm a computer tech working for the state of NJ. I have a degree in network administration. I also am an indepedent contractor for computer repair. I am 25 years old and a libra

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
C) I am still undecided.

3) I don't work outside the home at this time. I have a background and schooling in electronics and worked as a CAD technician, engineering technician and bench technician in that field. Before that, I worked a variety of jobs in several fields.

I am in my 40s (still
)

I tend to believe that there is much more going on in the Universe than we can even speculate at this time, so probabilities indicate that there is other life out there and that they have knowledge of us. But I have an agnostic attitude about nearly everything in life. I believe strongly in possibilities, but don't attach to a belief unless I have personal experience with it.

[edit on 6-1-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
1. yes I do

2. maybe?

3. Licensed Practical Nurse...currently working at a SNF.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

No, although I do keep an open mind and feel it is possible that sometime in the earths past we may have had a visitor or two.

Yes, although I have seen UFO's, I don't feel they were extraterrestrial in nature. I just didn't get a good enough look at them to determine what they were.

History....

33 y/o
Military brat, born in Germany, raised all over
ended up in Va.
Worked at the MCX at Quantico right after high school,
then
Was a paramedic for several years (1 year of college and many many classes acls ,phtls ,pemstep, btls, cpr instructor, ffII, hazmat just to name a few .
then
Was a carpenter for several years then started my own contracting business.

[edit on 6/1/06 by Skibum]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

And that is why there isn't any proof of space ship guys. It's funny how the sexual relations of a politician (just for example) can leak out like a sieve, but classified technology secrets are taken to the grave. The government can't keep secrets very well, but the private sector can. That is probably where some of the best secrets are kept.

which is why, as the disclosure project has shown, two sitting presidents were denied the information. not that its right, but it makes sense.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join