It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Poll. Your Opinion. Are We Being Visited By Other Worldly Lifeforms?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamian

Dont you think much of the Disclosure project then?
they claim to have 400 government, military, and intelligence community witnesses,

right, but the majority of them cant come forward until congress releases them from their oaths of secrecy (one of the requests of the DP), which they havent done....which is why, IMHO, the project hasnt proceeded very far ahead.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
1) Do you believe we are being visited by other worldly lifeforms?
B) No, I do not.

2) Have you personally ever seen an airborn object you could not, nor to date been able to identify or compare to anything you know of?
C) I'm not sure, it could have been something from Earth, I just don't know.

3) Bachelor's degree in psychology currently working in telecommunications.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Summary to date:

(Hope I counted right, some people answered with a little confliction, which left their response slightly open to interpretation. However I counted thier responses as best as I could with their response. And considering someone could introduce a post as I am typing this, there is room for error, so the tally should be considered approximate.

Questions:

A) Yes, I do.
B) No, I do not.
C) I am still undecided.

2) Have you personally ever seen an airborn object you could not, nor to date been able to identify or compare to anything you know of?
A) Yes, I have.
B) No, I have not.
C) I'm not sure, it could have been something from Earth, I just don't know.

Tally to date:

Question #1:

A) Yes, I do = 20
B) No, I do not = 3
C) I am still undecided = 6

Question #2:

A) Yes, I have. = 7
B) No, I have not. = 16
C) I'm not sure, it could have been something from Earth, I just don't know. = 6

I think my counting is correct. I'll calculate the tally every once in awhile, or if someone else feels so inclined, please feel free. This way we only have to count from the last tally, not from the beginning of the whole thread.

Thanks for the responses thus far, and the honesty. Integrity is appreciated.

Edited to add (yes it happened) **yeahright's contribution is as of yet not added into the total tally.**

[edit on 6-1-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
hey ET...off topic for a moment...

do you know if you'll have internet access over there? if you do, i think that maybe a thread that is a running journal of life on the front lines from a members perspective would be really quite interesting, IMHO.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
edited to add these 2 statements:
I apoligize for this thread's temporary jump off track, but I feel obligated to respond, out of respect for members, and their inquiries.

Denying ignorance is promotion of communication and understanding.

Originally posted by snafu7700
hey ET...off topic for a moment...

do you know if you'll have internet access over there? if you do, i think that maybe a thread that is a running journal of life on the front lines from a members perspective would be really quite interesting, IMHO.

I'm more than certain I will have access to the internet, I just don't know for certain if I'll get the following message from "Websense" protection due to DOD protocols if I try to log on to our beloved ATS:

The Site You Are Trying To Access Is Prohibited

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Category: "Humor;Politics/Opinion"
Reference AFI 33-129, Web Management and Internet Use, paragraph 2: "The activities listed in paragraphs 2.2.1 through 2.2.14 involving the use of government-provided computer hardware or software are specifically prohibited: 2.2.1 Use of Federal government communications systems for unauthorized personal use."

Monitoring of Your Internet Activity is Being Performed
IAW AFI 33-219, Telecommunications Monitoring and Assessment Program (TMAP), Paragraph 13

If the site you are trying to access is mission essential
please contact your local NCC Help Desk to request access.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a Department of Defense computer system. This computer system, including all related equipment, networks, and network devices (specifically including Internet access) are provided only for authorized U.S. Government use. DoD computer systems may be monitored for all lawful purposes, including to ensure that their use is authorized, for management of the system, to facilitate protection against unauthorized access, and to verify security procedures, survivability, and operational security. Monitoring includes active attacks by authorized DoD entities to test or verify the security of this system. During monitoring, information may be examined, recorded, copied, and used for authorized purposes. All information, including personal information, placed or sent over this system may be monitored. Use of this DoD computer system, authorized or unauthorized, constitutes consent to monitoring of this system. Unauthorized use may subject you to criminal prosecution. Evidence of unauthorized use collected during monitoring may be used for administrative, criminal, or other adverse action. Use of this system constitutes consent to monitoring for these purposes.

However if at all possible, I have intentions to do so, however it will be far more mondane than what most would expect. I'll be stationed approximatley 40 miles outside Baghdad, but that does not neccessarily mean I will have any knowledge of what's occurring further than 20 miles off base.

They (my superiors) try to limit the amount of stimuli we have. Free thinking does not always make for an effective follower, and obviously there will be operational security issues, so my rhetoric will have to be closely guarded by myself. As for the day to day routines of my duties, they will include on base fire protection services, as I will more than likely be a shift's station captain. My other duties may include fire prevention, and a whole slew of other possible fire protection services and aspects thereof. I'll know for sure upon arrival, settling in, and briefings with members from other bases, of whom I have not met yet. The first few weeks will be evaluating where members are best suited to serve, and working on the group dynamics of our fire department. The protocols are the same every deployment, however the names and scenery change.

If at all possible I will do so, but even if I have access to ATS, I don't anticipate having more than 10 hours a week access to the internet, but circumstances change, and I really can't anticipate adiquetly at this time. It may turn out that ATS members will not hear from me or read any new posts of mine until mid May. I'm not looking forward to potential withdrawl symptoms that I may have to endure, being cut off from my beloved ATS may turn out to be the biggest obsticle I have to adapt to and overcome.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
well, we could bypass the system a little too. i completely understand the need to be very careful about what you say in a war zone. some things just cant be discussed. however, if you find yourself unable to access ATS, you could email a member with your posts, who could then relay them to the site, as well as relaying replies to your posts through email.

just a thought.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
1A (Well I believe in UFOs, undecided on what's in them)
2A

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
If you are willing to do it, please don't mis-quote me.

U2U me your email address, and I'm more than willing to email you my perspectives about what is going on with me and the guys I work closely with approximatley twice a month, or maybe weekly. We'll see if it is possible, and if so, I'm willing.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
) Do you believe we are being visited by other worldly lifeforms?

A) Yes, I do.

A) Yes, I have. On two seperate occasions.

3) If you are willing to, please tell us what you do for a living, a brief biography if you will to include your level of education.

I'ma 22 year old animal welfare student. In my final year of college. I've spent time travelling in countries such as the US, Norway, Italy and Spain.
I love reading, learning, sport, crafts, pubs, music. comics, people etc.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Ian asks my opinion of the "Disclosure Project."

I can't really answer, bucause I'm not all that familiar with their testimony. I haven't bought their book, so I can't say what classified information (if any) was divulged. I think that their last presentation was five years ago, and they haven't done much since then.

I did read some of the examples of the testimony at

www.disclosureproject.org...

None of the stuff I see there divulges classification, near as I can see.

One guy, a British Admiral, says: "...there is a serious possibility that we are being visited ..." which is hardly divulging anything, classified or not.

Another guy, a retired Army sergeant says that, yes, the various communities can keep secrets (as though that were in question). I have no argument with his statements; of course agencies can keep secrets. But you notice that he dosen't divulge any of them.

A third example, a former Air force sergeant, talks about his feelings when he read classified data. But again, he didn't divulge any classified data.

Theres a big difference between a guy who has or had a clearance saying that he believed in Spaceship Guys and actually divulging classified information. My guess is that if someone were to say, "I read this Top Secret paper and made a copy of it; here it is.", one of two things wouold happen. If it really were Top Secret, the gummint would prosecute that guy inder the espionage act; or if he were just making up a load of crapola, the government would ignore him.

So here's a couple of questions for you:

(1) How many people do you know who have been charged by the US Government with espionage for divulging "Top Secret" information"

(2) What does that indicate to you?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure my "secret" clearance (which is actually VERY low on the totem pole, hehe...) is expired by this point, but you still won't see me saying squat...but then I really didn't know much that would be considered classified, other than some budgetary figures....and the clearance was more due to the program's background check procedures than anything else... But it's just an example as to how seriously this is taken. If it wasn't, said person would have never gotten clearance in the first place.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
So here's a couple of questions for you:

(1) How many people do you know who have been charged by the US Government with espionage for divulging "Top Secret" information"

(2) What does that indicate to you?

Good question[s],
firstly to answer your question, i dont know off hand anybody who as been
charged for divulging "Top Secret" information, although i have a vage recollection of at least two cases one of which involved the US military and drug smuggling in the 70's.

This could indicate your point, but dont the whistle blowers get taken out,
or is that just in the movies.

All the best... ian

[edit on 033131p://3616 by iamian]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm pretty sure my "secret" clearance (which is actually VERY low on the totem pole, hehe...) is expired by this point, but you still won't see me saying squat...

a little more info on my clearance:

I've been active duty going on 8 years now (will be 8 in June), and I've held temporary (briefly) "top secret" and "classified" clearance levels, but these where necessity for the aircraft pre-fire plans project that I developed for the Nellis Fire Department, due to access to delicate info concerning specs on aircraft. Which is why i seldom post in the "Aircraft" forum. These days i settle for a lower clearance level, and have no problems with that. To be truthful, my elevated clearance lasted for about 6 months total, but again, this was for mission essential need to know job/task specific information about certain aircraft, nothing overly spectacular. And, no, i did not lose my clearance for any bad behavior.

edited to add:
(recieved inquiry, sorry can't elaborate deeper in my response, but there is really no need, as i stated, i know no spectacular secrets.)

edited again to add:
Come to think about it, since my clearance level was lowered, i wonder if what was made known to me is closely guarded anymore altogether.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

as i stated, i know no spectacular secrets

You and very large number of people who have clearance.
In most cases clearances don't amount to much.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum

as i stated, i know no spectacular secrets

You and very large number of people who have clearance.
In most cases clearances don't amount to much.

Very, Very true observation

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
What do you think?

Yes, no, maybe, undecided????

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
1. Yes i do.

2. No i haven't.

English

21 y/o Cocktail/Flair Bartender (Gonna use this skill to go travelling :-) )

8 GCSE's
A Levels in Business, ICT, Economics and English
Dropped out of University was studying Bsc Business Information Technology

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
A) Yes, i have no doubt.

A) Yes, i have twice actualy, one was a big glowing white circle flying in a movement like an eight ( 8) vertical, quite close actualy.

Other was when me and my dad was driving the highway and we saw a ball of light flying very fast over the sky, all over it and it was not very high overground (certainly not a meteor)

3) If you are willing to, please tell us what you do for a living, a brief biography if you will to include your level of education. (None of this is truly important, but it gives the members an oportunity to connect with your point of view and understand your perspective a little better. I don't care if your in the 3rd grade, you have eyes & a brain, and your experiences are important.)

17 years old, from Norway (( Student ))

[edit on 20-8-2006 by InSaneTK]

Toc

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
1. Yes.
2. Yes, Fishing trip, June 2000 or 2001, near James Bay.
3. Computer Programmer, Ottawa, Ontario, 35 years old.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

A) Yes, I do.

2) Have you personally ever seen an airborne object you could not, nor to date been able to identify or compare to anything you know of?

B) No, I have not.

(I must add, however, that I HAVE seen a whole lot of other stuff I cannot explain which seemed to defy physics as we currently understand.)

3) If you are willing to, please tell us what you do for a living, a brief biography if you will to include your level of education.

I was born in 1968 in Tuscon Arizona. My parents adopted me when I was exactly 2 months old.

When I was 2 we moved to where I now live, which is 70 miles south of Roswell, New Mexico.

I graduated college with an Associate Degree in Nursing when I was 23 and worked as an RN for a little over a decade.

Since 2004, I have lived with my mom who is 81 and a widow - both a companion and caregiver (more the former at the present) - and so I don't work in the regular sense of the word anymore.

I am a self-taught geek and like to do anything connected with computers; including web pages, coding, etc.; as well as building new ones from components....no more fixing other people's messes, though!

I also write poems, draw (both by hand and electronically), and write a little bit of music.

I study anything and everything I can get my hands on - without prejudice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join