It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Poll. Your Opinion. Are We Being Visited By Other Worldly Lifeforms?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The purpose of this thread is 3 fold, with the third question being totally optional.

I'm not aiming for facts, pictures, quotes, or links.

I want to take a simple Poll.

That is it. I know your personal opinion could change an hour from now, or tomorrow.

No Trying To Debunk or Debate either way, please

Questions:

1) Do you believe we are being visited by other worldly lifeforms?
A) Yes, I do.
B) No, I do not.
C) I am still undecided.

2) Have you personally ever seen an airborn object you could not, nor to date been able to identify or compare to anything you know of?
A) Yes, I have.
B) No, I have not.
C) I'm not sure, it could have been something from Earth, I just don't know.

3) If you are willing to, please tell us what you do for a living, a brief biography if you will to include your level of education. (None of this is truly important, but it gives the members an oportunity to connect with your point of view and understand your perspective a little better. I don't care if your in the 3rd grade, you have eyes & a brain, and your experiences are important.)

My answers:

1) A (Yes, I do)
2) A (Yes, I have) *1991 Mexico, 1996 Las Vegas

(Totally Optional)

3)

I was born in 1971.
1987 - 1993 I was employed as a nurses assistant at a home for developmentally dissabled children and also a wing for profoundly mentally disturbed.

1993 - 1995 I was employed at a slaughter house/meat packing plant for hogs/pigs/pork.

1995 - 1998 Back as nurses assistant/Shift supervisor at same hospital as before.

1998 to present day: I am currently a Staff Sergeant in the USAF, and am serving as a firefighter. I am based at Nellis AFB, but am deploying back to Iraq in 10 days.

My highest education is 2 years of community college, and 3 years of Technical School with a degree in Fire Sciences. I also have numerous certificates including Fire Officer II, HazMat Incident Commander, and EMT-B.

Again, I'm no better than anyone, and there is always someone who knows more about something than I do. Please, don't feel like any aspect of your personal life is being judged, an entire lifetime of experiences is hard to quantify in a brief bio, and everyone has obsticles in life. Please. no scoffing or ridicule.

Thanks in advance for choosing to open up as much as you choose to, and if you choose to offer a brief bio, it does not have to address all of these aspects, it could be partial.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
How about 4, haven't we done this already?

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
ET

1. A
2. A Sept, sphere, New Mexico

3. MA anthro. self employed designer/craftsman, flyfishing guide/outfitter,
musician/bass/blues

Do we get like an ipod for filling out the questionaire? Movie Tickets?

ET be safe!!

[edit on 4-1-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
1. A
2. B

28 y/o

B.S. Degree, Design

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
1) A Yes, I do.

2) B No, I have not.

3)

I was born in 1954.

1995 - 2006 I am employed by a large Blue Cross Blue Shield Association plan as a product manager.

I have over 30 years experience in the health care financing industry and have worked for all types of industry stakeholders; hospitals/physicians; insurance companies; employers; agents/brokers.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
1) A Yes i do.

2) B Yes 2 years ago winter in norway, it was far away and it moved very slowly, could have been a stelite

3) 18 Student

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
1) C.
I do believe aliens exist, due to the "waste of space" argument. However, I haven't seen any conclusive evidence that we are being visited. I seem to remember a post on ATS which stated how long it would take for aliens to travel to earth from wherever, and it was a massive amount of time. The aliens would have to be at an extreme level of high technology, or biological forms that we cannot even fathom (long life span, etc.). I will look for that thread, as it is my main reason for leaning towards that we are not being visited, though i'm undecided.

2) B.
My eyesight is pretty bad, and I never really stare at the sky or spend much time in the outdoors.

3) I am 21 years old and currently a full-time student, a senior, at a 4 year college. Hoping to get a B.S. in History with possibly a minor in Philosophy.

- Attero

Edit: I can't find the post, maybe I imagined it.

[edit on 4-1-2006 by Attero Auctorita]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
1.) Yes, I think we are being visited by extraterrestrials. Military personnel testimony, corroborated civilian testimony, and classified/declassified documents have all lead me to believe that there's something going on.

2.) No, I haven't had the pleasure of seeing a UFO.

3.) I'm 21 years old and currently employed as a student assistant at a psychiatric hospital.

I worked in retail for a year at a popular warehouse type store selling electronics equipment.

In addition to that, I have my Associate of Arts degree in Administration of Justice. This upcoming quarter, I'll be continuing my education in the Criminal Justice program. I hope to finally get my Masters in the same field.

Esoteric Teacher, good luck in Iraq. Make it back in one piece.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
1. B, People just need something to believe
2. B
3. 18 / Medicine Student

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
How about 4, haven't we done this already?

I honestly would have thought so, too intrepid.

I tried multiple variations with the search engine and turned up with nothing.

After your contribution I scrolled through this forums pages 1 thru 30 and the oldest pages available as well, pages 130 thru 140, and found some that were vaguely similiar, but nowhere near identicle:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
1) A - Yes I think we have been visited and contrary to the 'lack of evidence' viewpoints, I think there is plenty of evidence - that leaked MJ-12 manual is one such example. The Disclosure Project provides further evidence. The secret nasa transmissions is another. We could go on.
2) C - I have seen something but it was most likely a satellite.
3) I am a university graduate with a commerce degree and work in the meat industry.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
1) C) undecided
I've seen nothing to convince me that aliens are visiting earth, but I'm open to the possibility, though I consider it unlikely. I do believe that alien life exists, though.

2) B) No, I've never seen a UFO

3) I'm 23 years old, and an electrical engineering student about to begin my final semester of undergrad. I like reading and playing games on my computer. I haven't worked any permanent jobs yet, but I've done landscaping, warehouse, and security work so far.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
A - I believe that we have been visited in past.

B - No, I have not seen anything like an UFO.

C - Computer Programmer, graduating in May in CIS.

Good luck in Iraq!

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

A) Yes, I do.

2) Have you personally ever seen an airborne object you could not, nor to date been able to identify or compare to anything you know of?

3) If you are willing to, please tell us what you do for a living, a brief biography if you will to include your level of education. (None of this is truly important, but it gives the members an oportunity to connect with your point of view and understand your perspective a little better. I don't care if your in the 3rd grade, you have eyes & a brain, and your experiences are important.)

32 in a couple of days.

faa air traffic controller.

before that, contract air traffic controller.

before that, us navy air traffic controller.

before that, freeloading college flunky.

keep your head down esoteric!

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   
1 - A
2 - A, saw 3 b/w Aug 05 - Dec 05 ranging from large silver semi spherical at distance and Orange BOL/fiery Ball at distance.
3 - IT Network & e-Mail Admin, small business owner (recording studio) & musician. (Current).
Dip Business w/ Computer Prog major. BS Civil Engineering drop out. Countless Certs in IT field.

31 yrs old.

Be safe ET.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
1 - c
2 - b
3 - Programmer/Alpha Geek (ie, the entire IT department for a small chain of portrait studios)

2 years college (total, not necessarily contiguous)
NC State/UNCG/etc, engineering. decent grades, dropped out to travel and pursue women

9 years travelling -- photographer/pursuer

7 years USAF -- Tech Sergeant
Norton AFB , DAVA (Defense Audio Visual Agency)/AAVS (Air Force Audio Visual Service) Photographer/Lab Tech
Malwell AFB, HQCAP/USAF (Civil Air Patrol HQ) Photojournalist, Special Duty Assignemnt on Radiological/Hazmat Response Team (we put on bunny suits, kept everyone out, and waited for (1) death, or (2) slow death, or (3) somebody like Esoteric Teacher to show up and put our expensive training to use)

4 years 3M/Technicolor/DynaColor/Magnicolor/ColorCraft/there was somebody elseI think/Qualex (now Kodak) Dallas, TX -- Customer Relations/Department Supervisor/Shift Supervisor/Only Supervisor -- left when my boss died of work-related stress ( I wasn't exactly promoted, just got to do his job, too
)

Since 1989 -- Photographer/Programmer for a small, laid-back chain of portrait studios

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
1) A
2) B
3) freelance video, photo artist, 35 years old

[edit on 5-1-2006 by jazzgul]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
A) Yes I do

B) No, I have not

IT-developer former Musician

Interesting that a lot of people have one foot in techbiz and the other in more creative ones using left and right side of the brain..(great way to exersice the brain they say).

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

A) Yes, I do.
B) No, I do not.
C) I am still undecided.

A.

2) Have you personally ever seen an airborn object you could not, nor to date been able to identify or compare to anything you know of?
A) Yes, I have.
B) No, I have not.

A. (but only once in my life so far)

I work for a major worldwide computer company. Grew up as a military brat around tarmacs, so pretty used to identifying aircraft. Had the good fortune to travel the world a lot as a kid, and even lived in the middle east (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia to be specific) for a few years. I've basically been into UFOs since a child and my first (and only) sighting while living in Alaska. Since then, if I could work it into any school paper, I did, and this allowed me to begin research on the subject early on, and it hasn't stopped since. When previously in college (right out of high school), I was working towards a career in espionage. I had located the local CIA recruiter, and was involved in a student trainee program that involved college for half the year, then interning at Langley, for the FBIS (Foreign Broadcast Information Service, a branch of the CIA) Sadly, the program (at least for my college) was terminated shortly after the coup in Russia. I'm currently back in college (so far maintaining a perfect 4.0) in addition to my full-time job, working towards my masters degree (MBA)...and then later hope to continue on to a Phd.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Yes i do.

Yes i have.

I'm a Fencing Technision, who was born in 1969, at school, they told me who invented the wheel, and that the earth isn't flat, and there take on history was a joke, i'm now free of a system of misinformation.
my main objective in life is to try and create a better enviroment around myself and my friends, Karma is very important to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join