It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Strike Kills Iraqi Family of 12

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Gee, do you think that MAYBE I was being slightly SARCASTIC in the first part of my reply?

So if it was your family it would still be ok for us to crack jokes about it? Nobody needs to point out how callous the US is, and you call the "terrorists" evil.

Like the person said above, its only way when both sides are suffering, what the US is doing in Iraq is genocide.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher

External source
www.thereligionofpeace.com...

"...since the fall of Baghdad the U.S. has been directly responsible for only 3.8% of fatalities reported, as many deaths over almost two years as Saddam averaged in 10 days."

"The only way to describe the actions of the U.S. Military in its role of "occupier" is a compassionate and careful army that avoids collateral damage despite its dangerous mandate to hunt for terrorists and non-uniformed combatants hidden within the civilian population. It is nothing short of miraculous that our Armed Forces have been able to eliminate as many terrorists and enemy combatants as they have with so little actual collateral damage."

May Peace be with these poor innocent souls.

We all know the Islamofascists now cause 96pc of the death's in Iraq.

NumberCruncher please try and find yourself another hate filled racist site to bring up your lies from. Every bit of "evidence" you have quoted comes from the same anti muslim hate site as above.

Now if you could tell me how this website knows who is responsible for civilian deaths, when the US themselves does not count. The whole website above is a joke, as my friend are you.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

This is true, but I think you would be hard pressed to find another religion that is currently involved in a global jihad. Not to mention one that is currently slaughtering people on a daily basis.

erm... the 'religion' isn't involved... the extremist end of a denomination of a religion is...

and there is plenty of sectarian violence around the world to go round... it just doesnt all fit into an American/European news agenda... look at the intercommunal violence of many different countries... Christian, Muslim and otherwise...

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qoelet

Originally posted by Dronetek

This is true, but I think you would be hard pressed to find another religion that is currently involved in a global jihad. Not to mention one that is currently slaughtering people on a daily basis.

erm... the 'religion' isn't involved... the extremist end of a denomination of a religion is...

and there is plenty of sectarian violence around the world to go round... it just doesnt all fit into an American/European news agenda... look at the intercommunal violence of many different countries... Christian, Muslim and otherwise...

'I am looking and the different countires and I keep coming up with muslims. I cant think of any other religion causing this much violence since the IRA and the IRA was localized.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Souljah despite your spin and hatred for US Forces this is a terrible accident and one that will no doubt happen in any war, to date there is no way to fight a casualty free war. In my opinion comparing of the air campaign in Iraq to the carpet-bombing of WWII is completely ridicules. Despite what you might like to think Souljah the US was and is currently spending more money and technology to making more precision guided weapons to minimize, not eliminate, because you cannot eliminate collateral damage in a war, especially in a urban war.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
if the insurgents weren't using people's homes to hide out in, the homes wouldn't be targeted. The insurgents are stealing pages out of the palestinian terror handbook.

so, let's recap.

not ok for the military to bomb one house in an attempt to kill insurgents hiding out but ok for an insurgent to blow himself up at a funeral and kill 36 mourners and wound another 40. (www.cnn.com...)

everyone understand the difference?

don't worry. I don't either.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
It's not a Racist site, its a Anti Islamic Terrorist site.

Do you have to be a certain race to be an Islamic Terrorist ?

I do admit some content is culturally insensitve.

If you had read my post properly its "since" occupation

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

so, let's recap.

not ok for the military to bomb one house in an attempt to kill insurgents hiding out but ok for an insurgent to blow himself up at a funeral and kill 36 mourners and wound another 40. (www.cnn.com...)

So if one of your enemies commits an evil deed, its ok for you to do the same?
I thought you where in Iraq to better the people there, yet you have no problem killing children and woman just so long as the enemy are doing it too?

To answer your question both of them are just as bad, because the US could enter houses instead of blowing the hell out of them, i guess the US infantry are just too cowardly to operate on the ground in Iraq, so they resort to total carnage.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

becouse there is no difference, do you know understand, both are WRONG

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
1. the military didn't intend to kill a family. they were blowing up a building that they thought was being used as a hideout for insurgents. if the insurgents would stop using homes, mosques and other public areas for hideouts, these kinds of ACCIDENTS wouldn't happen.

2. my point was that the US didn't intend to kill a family yet when the insurgents actively attempt to kill as many innocents as possible the same people who cry foul at an accidental death seem rather quiet.

allow me rephrase my comment from before.

It is ok for an insurgent to blow himself up at a funeral, killing 36 and wounding 40 innocents.

It is wrong for the military to bomb a building that they think is housing insurgents.

better?

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The problem with you Anti-War Liberals is that you cant see the differance between Intensional, and Unintensional,

Terrorists, purposely kill inocents, We dont.

Your hatred towards America, and or our leadership blinds you to this, You cant seem to grasp the concept of being objective, The real enemy who intensionaly murders innocents daily are ignored by you. While any accident the U.S has part in, Sends you into hysteria.

I hate the current war as much as anyone, I feel we should have pulled out the second we acomplished our goal of removing Saddam and his regime from power, If they want Freedom and Democracy so bad let them fight and die for it themselves, No point in us wasting our time on a bunch of people who hate us and always will hate us regardless of what we do, Let them blow themsleves to hell, It saves us the Time, Money, And lives of our men.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   

1. the military didn't intend to kill a family. they were blowing up a building that they thought was being used as a hideout for insurgents. if the insurgents would stop using homes, mosques and other public areas for hideouts, these kinds of ACCIDENTS wouldn't happen.

Hah no doubt, Remember when this photo was released
Soldiers resting in a mosque.

Liberals got steamed over it, Yet they say nothing regarding the terrorists fighting from and hiding weapons in.

[edit on 4-1-2006 by C0le]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
look if the US army is so mighty and powerfull and wants to make a good image of itself, do it like HR said, on foot, house by house, that would surely minimize civilian casualties.
But US army isnt like that (modern warfare for that matter), they didnt even set a foot in Serbia while bombing the bajolas out of civilian trains, chinese embassy...etc

Besides you have to drop the big ones somewhere as well dont you, to make room for new ones....business is just too good these days

some army, pih, if it wasnt for the ultra high tech that is years in front of anything others have you be peeing your panties while crazy arabs chase you out of THEIR country with knives.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
look if the US army is so mighty and powerfull and wants to make a good image of itself, do it like HR said, on foot, house by house, that would surely minimize civilian casualties.
But US army isnt like that (modern warfare for that matter), they didnt even set a foot in Serbia while bombing the bajolas out of civilian trains, chinese embassy...etc

Besides you have to drop the big ones somewhere as well dont you, to make room for new ones....business is just too good these days

some army, pih, if it wasnt for the ultra high tech that is years in front of anything others have you be peeing your panties while crazy arabs chase you out of THEIR country with knives.

the point of precision bombings is to minimize collateral damage. I would imagine that putting our troops in the position of house to house searches would be more dangerous to the civies as the insurgents have a larger opportunity to blow up the military as they enter the homes. I'm sure, if this happened, it too would be deemed the military's fault.

For the record, I wholeheartedly agree that we should pull up and get out. We did what we said we would and now we should let them fend for themselves. They will continue to kill themselves until a new dictator comes along and does it for them or until Iran invades and takes over the country - which is the only reason why I see us still sticking around - to keep a close and watchfull eye on a truly dangerous nation.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Souljah despite your spin and hatred for US Forces this is a terrible accident and one that will no doubt happen in any war, to date there is no way to fight a casualty free war. In my opinion comparing of the air campaign in Iraq to the carpet-bombing of WWII is completely ridicules. Despite what you might like to think Souljah the US was and is currently spending more money and technology to making more precision guided weapons to minimize, not eliminate, because you cannot eliminate collateral damage in a war, especially in a urban war.

Question:

Why don't the US Ground Troops clean the House with Terrorist Suspects with Soldiers in what was once called a House 2 House Combat - but they rather Level the House with 1000 pound bomb, thus eliminating every Evidence that those people were really Terrorists, since they are all Dead and Burried under what it used to be their House.

So whats next?

The US Army does NOT Do Bodycounts, so they won't go and send C.S.I. to Investigate the Scene of the Slaughter, right?

The Suspects are Dead.

And I did not bring the topic of Carpet Bombing up - I think some other member mentioned, that would it be better if the USAF carpet bombed the entire Village to get to that 3 Terrorist Suspects.

Still that is not the Way to Fight Urban Warfare - IMHO the Coalition troops are far too heavy armed for that; sending Warplanes after 3 Terrorist Suspects that were digging something by the Road? Maybe they were NOT installing a Roadside Bomb - still, the are Dead now.

And Dead Men Tell no Tales.

[edit on 4/1/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The fact that this is news at all is a sign of how far we've come in avoiding civilian casualties through better technologies. There can always be mistakes or intelligence failures, but warfare has become much kinder to the civilian since wars like WWII.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Still that is not the Way to Fight Urban Warfare - IMHO the Coalition troops are far too heavy armed for that; sending Warplanes after 3 Terrorist Suspects that were digging something by the Road? Maybe they were NOT installing a Roadside Bomb - still, the are Dead now.

And Dead Men Tell no Tales.

[edit on 4/1/06 by Souljah]

This incident that you speak of that im pretty sure you are aware of, the Terrorists wernt killed at the bomb planting site they where killed up the road in a car park, killing the Terrorists only.

The Miltary then went and retreived/destroyed the bomb.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The fact that this is news at all is a sign of how far we've come in avoiding civilian casualties through better technologies.

What do the Smart Bombs help, if the People remain to be Dumb?

Not Much.

You just give an Ape a new Technology - but it is still an APE, this time with a Smart Bomb.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Souljah, do you have any the comparison between suicide bombing at a funeral (or mosque or military convoy handing out food to children) and the precision bombings?

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Souljah, do you have any the comparison between suicide bombing at a funeral (or mosque or military convoy handing out food to children) and the precision bombings?

Yes im very interested to know your answer as well, are they bad as each other or is one worse than the other.

If one is worse than the other can you please specify which is worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join