It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Weather Watch 2006

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The weather is kind of scary to me sometimes. When you mix seasons, for example, say, you are in your growing season, then it decides to frost, that can't be good. Our food supply could get trashed. So, for the folks who jump for joy at a warm Winter, I wouldn't get too happy about it. It seems to show there is instability somewhere. What if this inverted weather happens, like I said, in the growing season?

Troy

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The weather's weird here in Winterpeg too. As I reported last spring, my flowers started blooming in March - unheard of here.

Now - my strawberry plants are still bearing fruit, and many plants are still green. Also weird.

This is Winterpeg!

...winter usually runs from October through May.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
We shouldn't really see fruit growing here in Virginia, in November, so it should be even less likely further up North. I don't think much is happening growth wise here, but the grass might be shooting out a little now and then.

Troy

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
You want to discuss Weird Weather? How about the fact that Central Florida and South Carolina just received snow, and yet tomorrow, and supposedly for the next few days, in the Mid-Atlantic region it's going to be near 60 Degrees Farenheit. Next week they're looking at it going up to 65 Degrees Farenheit Plus. The Normal Temp. is between 45-50 Degrees Farenheit.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This weather allmost is so annoying, because I know it shouldn't be this way. Where did the normal seasons go? You can't really count on Winter anymore, for all we know trees will start blooming with a few weeks of warm weather, then we'll drop into sub freezing temperatures again.

Troy

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
hi there,

here in the north east of england we have in our garden strawberries that are still producing fruit and flowers like fuchias that seem to be coming` back` into flower.

it seems strange as the garden looked healthier this last month than it did in spring.

snoopyuk

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The weather up in the Mid-atlantic is really off. We're gonna be 10-20 degrees above average for the next week or so!

DSO

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
^^^ lucky,

We have -29C (-18.9F) with -40C ish wind chill, and 10cm of snow. Not rare, but not common for this early in the season. BC got in some areas upwards of 200cm of snow.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
See, this is the messed up thing, some people are getting warmer than normal, and others are getting colder than normal.

I've got this crazy pole shift idea in my head. I was just imagining the center of the earth like a bar magnet. If that North pole moves, do the freezing temperatures tend to move with it, same with the South pole? This would leave some areas defrosting while others are freezing solid.

I hope my wording is visual enough? Look at the globe, use North America as a point of reference point, for argument. Imagine the South pole coming upward and the North pole going backward (it has to if it's a magnet rotating on an axis). This would leave the artic area above Canada warmer and the South pole would be coming toward us, bringing warmer air of South America toward us, while parts of South America might start to see some of the cold air from the pole. Is the chaos we are seeing part of a polar shift? I realize there are a lot of things involved, I just had this idea in my head. What is it that allows the poles of earth to shift if they are? Is there some kind of magnetic force from space causing the poles to rotate like with a compass? My thinking just went "outside the box" about what actually is spinning the planets, magnetism?

Well, there's a lump of stuff to think about. Goodnight all.

Troy

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Closing up some files here - this might not be the right thread for this but....

Hurricane watchers say calm 2006 'only a respite'

The 2006 hurricane season is ending on Nov. 30 with U.S. homeowners and insurers unscathed, but forecasters warn that the years ahead will not be so calm.

While the first predictions for 2007 are due in early December, Risk Management Solutions, a firm that models damages from hurricanes, sees annual storm losses for the next five years rising 40 percent in the U.S. Gulf and up to 30 percent in the Atlantic.

"2006 was only a respite," said Robert Hartwig, chief economist of the Insurance Information Institute. "The trend is for more hurricane activity, not less."

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Early snow here in the NW. Snowed all day yesterday & still snowing at 1000 foot today. We usually don't get snow until after January 1st at this elevation. It's not uncommon for high elevation to have snow though, just not this low...yet!

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well, weather is perfectly normal here in Missouri. We have had nice warm ( 50-60 degree) temps at night and pushing 70 during the day. We had some nice spring like thunderstorms roll through last night and it will get to 70 again today. It will get down into the mid 50's tonight with more rain. We will start tomorow with mid 50 degree weather before it quickly drops into the 20s and delivers an ice storm followed by possiable snow. How much ice and snow will we get??? Not a clue anywhere from a little, next to none, to a lot. That is all they are telling us at this time.
Im sure we will be back into the mid 60's by next week.

Sun bathing one day and shuveling snow the next.....gotta love it.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Mile high in the Rockies, it feels like spring and sort of smells like it too. Garden plants still producing, kids in shorts and Ts, only man made snow on the ski slopes, lizards still not in hibernation, 70 today.

I'm not really complaining but it still feels very strange and the main topic in the coffee shops and bars is, "how bout this weather."

Last year was mild but this is nuts.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
over here in california some weird weather has been occuring. last year of 2005 during the winter it got very cold, colder than i have ever seen as if the cold weather received more of a boost winds and low pressure systems consecutively. this summer it got unreasonably hot and humid, the days felt suffocating especially here in Los Angeles with the heavy smog in the summers. the weather is best after a heavy storm because it serves as nature's air filter. overall, when it gets hot, it has been getting a lot hotter thn normal and same with the cold. the weather is more exagerated if you will

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Almost 55 degrees here in Detroit and that is unheard of and sunny too. Weird!

But I love it yesterday it was around 20 something degrees.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join