It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Weather Watch 2006

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
And here comes the long, freezing winters. This is how a couple of people on one site were saying it. Keep in mind that this guy writes and does extensive research in the area of global warming and Ice Ages. I have done my share of research and it sorta pointing in the same general direction.

Around every 100,000 years, the Earth will warm briefly also called interglacial periods. They last for a period of 15,000 to 20,000 years. Well, we are at around 18,000 and looks like our time of heat will be ending soon.

As most people are saying that we are the cause of global warming, we are not. We, as humans, cannot change the weather so dramatically. It is as silly as saying that we are the cause of the magnetic fields shifting from North to South and South to North. Glad to say it, we just don't have that much power.

So, many predictions are layed out like this. Once we hit an unusually harsh or hot year and get a cooler but still extreme year after, then the world will begin cool way to its next Ice Age. Over the period of a decade or two maximum, the Earth will be driven into a new Ice Age.

I think what will make this one so interesting is that we are also heading into World War Three and we are being limited to the amount of fuels because of the fighting and the Oil Peak. So while we head into the Ice Age, we will be also heading into a Dark Age as well. I think we should this one a Icey Dark Age. And now that things are getting a little.... no, a lot hairier, I advise keeping guns and bows loaded at all times, depending on what area you live in.

Oh, and by the way, the rain and thunderstorms could only happen if cold weather is on the way. And it definitly is not far behind.

[edit on 6-8-2006 by kid301]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Well im over here in the UK where we've had the hottest summer since the 1900's I think they said!

That's bad enought it's been sweltering!
, but in Shropshire where I live it has been one of the hottest parts of the country, that and we've been having some pretty serious long lasting thunderstorm's with alot of Fork Lightning which we never normally get in this part of the country.

Another strange weather occurence I suppose is the drought that has been caused by the lack of rainfall in the South East of England, it hasn't rained here where I live for at least 3 week's until now it's finally started raining, but we've been lucky enought to not have a hosepipe ban or anything.

Also we had alot of snow earlier this year which we never normally get, it was the best snowfall i've ever seen! Which is certainly strange aswell.

I know none of this is groundbreaking stuff, but I thought I'd share my opinions with you all

[edit on 13-8-2006 by Nightworker]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Last year was extreme hurricanes, and so this year is extreme thunderstorms. Plus some strange cold weather. It's all coming together now.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Wierd Weather?
Where I am at, it is humid and I do not mean normal. I live in Southern California and we have never gotten a real high humidy, but here it is been going on for the past 2 months. Stay comfortable. I think it will be an interesteresting year weather wise to end up 2006 and goining into 2007

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Wow!!

It sounds like you are getting my weather and I am getting the Amazon's. Cool. I thought this was going to happen.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Ya, i live in hell. It hasnt rained in months! except for a sprinkle, its suposed to hit 105 tomorrow, 110 tusday and mid 100s rest of the week. Its usually hot here in North Central Texas, but this is rediculous. We cant get rain to save our lives. and 300 miles NW,SW and SE they are practicly flooding. Its so dry here that the trees are all starting to die. The lakes are dryign up. Most of the ponds for the grazing animals to drink have practicly dried up completely. Even last winter we were still in the drought. Back in winter when we usually get some rain/snow we were still not gettign rain and also havign a horrible grass fire problem and we still are. I think North Central Texas is turning into a dessert. All the farmers here had to sell off their cattle becasue theres no where for the mto graze, all of the crops here also died as well.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Sorry 'bout the weather over there. You guys probably don't spend a lot of time outdoors now, huh. Well, I guess now all we have to do is wait and watch the big guys come in(storms). I can't wait to see the outcome of this.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
We may be closer to normal here in Virginia that a lot of locations. Nothing really severe has been happening, at least not on a continual basis. We had a crazy lightening storm not that long ago. There was a ton of lighting that lasted quite a while. Normally a thunderstorm kind of comes and goes, it may continue raining or it might not. We had a little drought, but nothing like some of the other folks in this country are enduring, but right now we are in ok shape as far as rain.

Troy

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The UK has had quite a few storms these past few days. Yesterday saw two tornados captured on camera. Last month it reached the hottest ever temperature for the UK.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

10,000 dead in "worst flooding in a century"

Flood apparently killed 10,000 North Koreans and malaria is now spreading.

Update:

North Korea has accepted aid from the UN to help flood victims. Tens of thousands of people are reported dead or missing.

Bloomberg:North Korea Accepts Aid From UN to Help Flood Victims (Update2)

Aug. 19

North Korea has accepted assistance from the United Nations to help victims of torrential rain and flash floods that may have left tens of thousands of people dead or missing last month.

The rains and floods left as many as 54,700 North Koreans dead or missing, which the country's official media called the worst in a century, South Korean aid group Good Friends said on its Web site Aug. 16.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Is it me or has the world completely gone crazy weather wise? Insane, crazy hurricanes are terrorizing the southeast of asia, and tornados are popping up in the UK. Plus, there are freakish thunderstorms sprouting everywhere you can possibly imagine. There is seriously brewing out there in the middle of the ocean and we can't see it yet.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I don't think you're crazy Kid. We have had rain here in the Rocky Mt. high desert, like I have never seen before. In fact this summer was the wettest since records have been kept. Massive erosion problems and no infrastructure to take care of it as this is normally a dry area. Lots of property damage due to flooding.
The ground is almost saturated and plants are growing that I can't ever recall seeing. I realize that the weather runs in cycles but to tell the truth I don't have the proper clothes for another ice age. Interesting times!!

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Now here is a first for me.
A tornado warning has been issued for New York city. Does anyone know if this has happened before?

source

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
New York

Photo: AP/Scanpix

New York Times: Up to 2 Feet of Snow Falls Near Buffalo

A rare early October snowstorm left parts of western New York blanketed with 2 feet of snow Friday morning, prompting widespread blackouts, closing schools and halting traffic. The snow downed scores of tree limbs and toppled power lines, leaving more than 155,000 customers without electricity.

On Thursday, 8.3 inches of heavy snow set the record for the ''snowiest'' October day in Buffalo in the 137-year history of the weather service, said meteorologist Tom Niziol. The previous record of 6 inches was set Oct. 31, 1917. ''This is an extremely rare event for this early in the season,'' Niziol said.

Unnecessary driving was banned in Buffalo and suburbs Amherst, Blasdell, Orchard Park and Hamburg. ''We have a condition where 80 percent of the roads are impassable,'' said Lt. Stephen McGonagle of the Amherst Police Department.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Tell me about it. I live in Michigan and parts of Cadillac Michigan yesterday had up to 30 inches of snow. This is f'd up for sure. I have lived here all my life and never seen this much snow this early. Maybe 1 or 2 inches and it melted the same or next day.

30" is so wrong.

Whatever is going on mother earth is showing us who the real boss is.

[edit on 13-10-2006 by Realtruth]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Damn!!! I just wish that snow came for us down here in the south. I'd kill for some nice cold weather. I may live down here in the warm but I truelly love the freezing temperatures and ice covered porches. Plus a break from daily routines. Man, I would love to be up there right now. I really love snow.

But that sure is a lot of snow!!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
source

So, I find tornados in Japan a little strange.

At least nine people have been killed and more than 15 injured when a tornado swept through a town in northern Japan.
Officials said two other people were still missing in the town of Saroma, on the island of Hokkaido.

Seems they have activity there.

ams.allenpress.com...(1997)010%3C1730:ASSOTA%3E2.0.CO%3B2

On average 20.5 tornadoes and 4.5 waterspouts occur per year in Japan. 2) Tornadoes occur most frequently in September and least frequently in March. Waterspouts occur most frequently in October.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Since mid October it has been raining almost non-stop here in Montreal. I was talking to people about it today and we had trouble recalling the last full day of sunny weather we had.

Rainy Montreal weather sets record

Montreal has experienced the rainiest year on record, surpassing the previous record, set last year.

So far in the seasonal rainfall count, ...we are 70 per cent above normal...

Soggy October 2006 featured 18 days of precipitation [I'd say mostly the second half of October] and total accumulation of 179.4 millimetres of rain, more than twice the monthly normal 75.4 millimetres...temperatures have been slightly warmer than normal...

“It’s been a weird year, since the spring, the rain never stops,”

It's been a miserable fall.
No chance of getting out to enjoy the colours and fresh autumn air.

[edit on 11/15/2006 by Gools]

DSO

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Major widespread windstorm yesterday across southern alberta and BC. Winds of up to 130km/h were recorded near turner valley. Many are without or were without power. Many trees toppled, roofs damaged, and signs blowen away. Boil water order is in effect in the lower mainland.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
just talked to my mother in NE 4 or 5 days ago and she said they had a record-breaking day in nebraska. 80 or 85 degrees in late november! they were pretty blown away at that temp. totally unheard of until now.
-b

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join