It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Weather Watch 2006

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I've lived in Oklahoma for 30 years and there can be no doubt that things are waayyy off.

For example, we used to be called tornado alley in my area, but the alley seems to have shifted two states to the north and maybe a tiny bit to the east. We haven't had to run for the cellars at all this year.

I remember a news cast on t.v. right after the killer Indonesian tsunami which said the Earth was ringing like a bell and the axis had tipped a bit. A few weeks later another news cast mentioned it again and added that the planet was still tipped. I've never heard whether the planet has righted itself, or whether it's still tipped.

If it's still tipped, that is only going to add to the damage that's already being done by global warming.

-

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Record low temperature shattered at Tallahassee Florida

AR 6:51 am EDT this morning... the temperature at the Tallahassee
Regional Airport dropped to 54 degrees. This obliterates the old
record low of 57 degrees set in 1991.

Interesting.

[edit on 7-6-2006 by loam]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well, it's not been really hot lately, in contrast to quite warm temperatures not that long ago. Rain today, but we are still lacking a good soaking rain.

Troy

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
You gotta see this one! Great pics!

Wall of Dust Covers Valley in Arizona

DSO

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Here in Alberta we have been having a rather odd weather year. The winter was basically a non-event, i even wore shorts on Chrismas eve. that weather continued for quite a while into january, untill colling off a bit.

However the weird weather started in may. We saw 25C-30C days for nearly a week (breaking 110-1120 year records). Whats even stranger is that everything was floweing druing this week, and not just normal blooms. Trees went from green to white or pink overnight. i have honestly never seeen the trees here have so many flowers on them.

Now that june has arrived we are seeing the rains arrive again, just as they did last year. These past two years are way different then anything we have experenced before, and alberta is knowen for its crazy weather.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Anyone watchin these wildfires out west in Nevada, California, Washington, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and Idaho?

Wildfire Season Could Be U.S. Worst

reports on google news

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
What is the government hiding?

Save yourself and your brothers....

The Secret Government Agenda

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The weather here in Missouri is just crazy. The heat is awefull. We have only had 10.02 inches of rain this year. The dew points are in the 40's and 50's which is totaly unheard of for June even if there is a drought. They have been saying on the news that it is only getting up to the mid 90's, yet while they say this, the temp at the bottom of the screen says 105. Everyone's thermometers are saying 100+. I dont understand why all of a sudden, all the thermometers (even theirs) says 10 degrees higher than what they say it is. Either way it is hot. We had 90's in April, now 100's in June, the second driest year so far since the 50's at least (the local weather man is still looking into it). I think the desert is moving to Missouri. That is how it feels at least, and we are not in the hottest part of the year yet. Another odd point, is that because the dew points are so low, there are no heat indeces. I have lived here all 29 years of my life and have never seen such a thing. They are actually comparing us to the desert now. Dry heat that is dry enough to go down to the 60's at night while the days go up to 100.

A person above mentioned how Oklahoma has not had to go to their basements once this year. Same here in NW Missouri. We had a storm that produced little rain and 2+ inch hail earlier this spring, and thats it. A couple of rainy days, but no threat at all. Tis very strange. Sedalia got hit hard by some twisters a couple different times - through the same town both times! Thats it. It just stopped......and got really doggone hot.

Abnormal weather is one thing, THIS really sucks.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
When was the last time anyone has seen a clear sky with no clouds?
heh. Been awhile hasn't it? All pics from across the globe show clouds.
It's atmospheric anomoly. Check out this website, these people hash it
out severly. www.realclimate.org...
Too bad they let the global warming idiots in. They really piss me off.
Its insane to think that the CO2 emissions from your cars are creating
this problem. What a bunch of idiots. They need to be dropped off in the
middle of the ocean and hang out there for awhile and breath that air.
Then come back and tell us to car pool..,

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Would it make you guys mad if this was some kind of weather control technology causing this? It would be messed up if weather control technology was the cause or one of the causes of this.

Troy

DSO

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
There is another weather anomaly in alberta this year, the south is wet while the north is dry. Usually in alberta we see the southern part act in a very arid climate, while the north is quite wet. This year things have reversed. Thus the north is burning and the south was nearly flooding (again!!!).

And a note on global warming
, I agree that humans are not the main cause, however we are approcing the issue from the wrong side, we should be preparing to adapt, not fighting it. If we continue to, we will lose.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I've always believed humans learn better the hard way.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Near 2050 We Will Live In Domed Cities

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
It's also very hot here in Western Europe. In my country, Holland, this month will most likely be the hottest ever since records began in 1706. Already the first 10 days of July were the hottest in more than 100 years.

This week it will be so hot that we're probably have a second heat wave (the first of this year was a few weeks ago). Only twice before Holland had more than one heat wave in a year

This image indicated how dry it is. It shows the "potential rain shortage", which is calculated by the ammount of rainfal and evaporation in the growing season (since April):

The average is between 150 and 180 milimeters (between 6 and 7 inches).
Yesterday the high pressure area over Holland was 1032,0 hPa (the ninth highest ever recorded for July).

Conditions are very similar to the very hot summer of 2003, when thousands of people died in Europe, because of the heat.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It 102F In El Paso,Texas

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Was 104F in BC yesterday and the day before.
Fire Hazard is at Extreme.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hey,im new here.I'm from New brunswick in Canada and it is august almost and we had our first tornado warning in recorded history just a few days ago and we have had several heatwaves already...The weather is climate is surely chaning...we are looking at a global storm soon..The day after tomorrow could be coming sooner than expected.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
10,000 dead in "worst flooding in a century"

Flood apparently killed 10,000 North Koreans and malaria is now spreading.

RFE/RL: Flood Leaves Up To 10,000 North Koreans Dead

August 2, 2006

A South Korean humanitarian group says up to 10,000 North Koreans are believed dead or missing in what North Korea's official media is describing as the worst flooding in a century.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Dude, I live here in Georgia, USA and we are recieving the wettest late summer ever!!! The rain and lightning and thunder has gone on for more than a week and a half and we are still expecting another insane week or two of lightning and heavy Amazon rain fall. I have lived here for 8 years and I have never seen it as bad and as long as this. When Katrina, or what was left, came through, it didn't even come near the magnitude that these recent storms are giving us.

I think that nature is not waiting anymore. And that we are going to see what looks like hell.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Same here in the "Land of Enchantment" kid103.

The desert southwest is experienceing the wettest late summer on record. The ground is saturated, revines and erosion are out of control with a pitiful infrastructure totally unprepared for this much rain. It's beginning to rain again as we speak.

Even Pat Robertson has finally admitted that global warming is fact.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join