It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 meteor supposed to destroy earth,when would we see it?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
33 and a third seconds before impact a bright light would appear in the sky.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Europe

you can see the big ones a little time before..

*second line*

Nia Wind

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The government might not tell us... but to be honest with you... they are people too. The governement as a whole is "evil" when talking in regards to helping people but when it comes to saving their butts too I'm sure it's a different story.

With that said, i'm sure someone would do something! I read in an article in Popular Science that if the comet (2029 one) is expected to hit the planet that they would only have to alter the trajectory by 0.0001 m per day for 10 years or so... think about it, how hard would that be... just blow some nukes up next to it... or attach an engine to it and slowly push it into a different trajectory... they had like 10 technologies that could be use... and worst case... shoot every nuke we have at it before it hits and hope it works... that is, if everything else fails.

I have faith in technology... and God, but not God code LOL so I'm not worried.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by goose

how do we know it is actually going to hit???? i mean we have been through this before and yet we are still ALIVE.. dont listen to the corupted government. if there is an metor coming this way then i will be taken care of.....

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
well how long do we have before this hits us considering this is the only planet in the universe that we know of that has life on it?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I see it now in the S.W Sky..

It's not Venus.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by goose

Yes. The earth is struck by space rocks all the time. The year 2012 will be no exception. As regards Apophis (99942 Apophis), it will not strike the earth or the moon upon its return in 2012. Apophis is a large, near-earth object (NEO), and not only will it not hit earth in 2012, it will miss the gravitational keyhole that could cause it to be a threat in 2029 and in 2036 and 2037.
But there is no rule or law that says some other big rock won't appear out of the blue (out of the black, actually) and catch our attention. And after we track it for a few weeks or months, we may find earth has a date with it. Then all bets are off.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
on Feb 15th, 2009 a meteor (fireball) hit a small town in Texas so one the people predict may happen in 2012 cause anything is possible. Even though the one that hit Texas was small but it kinda scary to think that there are things out in space that can destroy this planet.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackGuardXIII

K just wanted to know wasn't there a meteor that hit off something to cause it to go this way? Anyway it's a 50\50 chance. 50% it's going to miss, 50% it's going to hit. More than likely there are more than 2 meteors coming our way. It's like they want us to die
that would be just weird.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by goose

Also did you know that if you beleive in jesus god will take you to heaven just before it hits earth. isn't it cool. God is great and also jesus.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by goose

i believe this cuz what if they were just giving us a warning

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I have had many visions, some that came true, some that haven’t happened, and still others I don’t know if they will ever come true… However, I won’t go into to much detail about the visions/dreams I had in the past that came true, post-diction means next to nothing. So let me give just a quick synopsis and then talk about the vision I see in our future. I saw 9/11 happen, and I saw the tsunami of 2004. Only my wife and one other person knew of my dreams about 9/11, however, I told more about 2004. Nuff said about that…

What I see for the future is this: (this first one I am pretty sure will not happen in the USA.) Somewhere where there are people with straight black hair, Asia, the Middle East, parts of Europe, Israel, somewhere… I had a vision of a bright white light exploding over a major city. This city had an old look to it. The angle from where I saw this explosion was in a crappy neighborhood. However, as the explosion came rushing towards me I saw the first three numbers, 200x. There has been no major city with a massive explosion for the first eight years of this century. That leaves only this year left.

The second vision I had come to me from seven different locations. Seven different groups of people to be precise. The first part of the vision started with a sonic-boom. A young male watering his front yard looked into the sky and saw a bright bluish white ball just entering the earth and zooming across the sky. The second and third perspective saw the ball of light flash across the sky with massive boom-boom-boom as it continued to zoom across the sky and grow in size. The fourth person was another young male in his backyard and I heard him say, “will you look at that.” The man’s son was just behind him and I heard his son say, “let me see daddy.” So I watched as that man picked up his son to show him the meteor as it raced across the sky…The fifth person only saw the dark blackish-white streak in the sky and heard the noise of something off in the distance. The sixth person was an old man who saw it best. I believe this person just walked out of a bank or a store of some kind that was on top of a hill. It looked like a fiery reddish, yellowish, brownish raindrop that was traveling horizontally. In the middle of that fireball you could see black dots, or perhaps craters that looked like black dots. From this persons perspective you couldn’t even hear yourself think. It sounded like a 747 and a locomotive set on high and the sound was in front and behind. I remember looking around and seeing people holding their hands over their ears, children crying, and from further down the street you could see people starting to run because they could feel the heat/radiation. The last of this vision was from the perspective of a well dressed forty something female… all I saw was the after effects of it hitting. It was a loud explosion, windows exploded first, and then a large wave of earth came rushing towards the place I saw this event happen from. There was also an incredibly large wave of water that followed right on top of that wave of dirt.

The meteor I would guess was about ¼ mile wide and about half mile long. This either happens in America or some other deeply western area.

Now do I believe what I just described will come to pass? My honest answer is I don’t know. What I know is I didn’t believe the other two until after the fact. I have had other visions, one where America gets into a civil war, and then the whole world gets into World War Three. I have had visions of soldiers killing two children in a middle eastern town because their father who was hiding behind a wall ordered his children to pick up a AK-47. After the soldiers killed those two boys, the mother comes around the corner crying and screaming, falls down on-top of her boys wailing, and then comes up firing. She was put down as well. All of that caught on tape… The middle east explodes!

I have had several visions of things that I just don’t know are true or not… until after the event. So I post this here because of the topic. I hope what I have seen does not happen, any of them… But the meteorite hitting the earth definitely is on point with this thread.

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 6-5-2009 by littlebunny]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by goose

I posted a thread about this last year. There is something passing near the earth in 2012 for sure, maybe it'll hit us instead?
my old thread

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by goose
[mo

okay first off about the amount of ppl who believe in it is about the quantity of mcdonalds staff, bs. its bs because theres trillions of ppl on earth soo, how can it be the anount of mcdonals staff, it doesnt make sense theres thousands of ppl who believe in it, including me, okay so bs to that.

and the mayans have nvr been wrong about ANYTHING in there calander, wats the fkin chances that it so happens that the 2012 date will be wrong, it doesnt make sense that they would be wrong

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

"I have had many visions, some that came true, some that haven’t happened, and still others I don’t know if they will ever come true… However, I won’t go into to much detail about the visions/dreams I had in the past that came true, post-diction means next to nothing. So let me give just a quick synopsis and then talk about the vision I see in our future. I saw 9/11 happen, and I saw the tsunami of 2004. Only my wife and one other person knew of my dreams about 9/11, however, I told more about 2004. Nuff said about that…"

BS ALERT BS ALERT MAXIMUM BS SECURITY ON THE DOUBLE, BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLL SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
This theory is untrue. We have not found any scientific evidence of this ever happening. As far as science is concerned nothing (big) will be hitting the Earth in 2012. This theory only came to be because some joker interpreted the Mayan calendar which says the world will end on 21th September 2012. In any case 2012 just marks the end of a 5125-year in the Mayan calendar. These sources still remains unclear.

Every 5 to 10 years someone is going to predict the End-of-the-world. So take it for amusement purposes only. If humans are ever going to go extinct be because of ourselves, global warming and such. If not just wait for another 5 million years for the Sun to run out of fuel.

Um whoever you are you are confused, first you say this

I'm a 13 year old in NY, and i'm really scared about this whole end of the earth thing. I'm religious and I am worried about going to heaven or not. This probably sounds really childish to all of you guys, but to me it's serious. Should I really be so worried? am I overreacting? what EXACTLY is going to happen (i doubt anyone knows at this point), and is anyone else as frightened as i am?

You might have some sort of a mental issue so I wont push it- but your posts first say you are a 13 yr old in NYC next you are a girl named Rita, then you are a boy from India..which is it? LOL

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
there are probably dark asteroid that we can't detect them, even with technology. it will hit us without any warning. it's something mayan know about this. hmmm

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join