It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 meteor supposed to destroy earth,when would we see it?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I'm a 13 year old in NY, and i'm really scared about this whole end of the earth thing. I'm religious and I am worried about going to heaven or not. This probably sounds really childish to all of you guys, but to me it's serious. Should I really be so worried? am I overreacting? what EXACTLY is going to happen (i doubt anyone knows at this point), and is anyone else as frightened as i am?

P.S. don't be jerks and say something stupid. You are all intelligent people and I really am looking for some meaningful feedback. Thanks

~DD

Simply don't worry about it, nothing is probably going to happen, and if it does, so what? What is worrying going to do? Enjoy your life while you can, you could die tomorrow in a car accident, more likley than this end of the world stuff.

Have a nice day.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I'm a 13 year old in NY, and i'm really scared about this whole end of the earth thing. I'm religious and I am worried about going to heaven or not. This probably sounds really childish to all of you guys, but to me it's serious. Should I really be so worried? am I overreacting? what EXACTLY is going to happen (i doubt anyone knows at this point), and is anyone else as frightened as i am?

I agree with _Phoenix_.

The only thing you should be concerned with is living life to the fullest. If there is any truth to all this 2012 stuff, and I doubt it, there is nothing anyone can do about it. If there isn't any truth to it there is nothing to worry about.

All of this 2012 stuff is speculation anyways, because NOBODY REALLY KNOWS.

cormac

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Ok, these topics are a bit scary since I haven't a clue for what to believe but my friends and I have decided that if we found out that a Meteor was about to hit our beloved planet Earth we would put ourselves to sleep just before the actual impact (you know, like what some vets do to dogs, cats and other animals) so we wouldn't have to witness the destruction of what we hold most dear. I just hope we get to find out so we can prepare for it and I'm sure many other people feel the same way. Why should the Government ignore people's wishes thinking the knowledge will cause widespread panic when it just might be best if everyone knew? The knowledge would give people time to prepare and spend their last times on Earth having fun and enjoying life rather than screwing up their planet as much as they can..........I hope our dear planet Earth survives the coming storms and that if we are forced to surrender our planet to the forces of nature, we won't have to endure the physical and mental pain of losing our one common home.
with the best of wishes
Rita

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I read somewhere that if the powers that be recognised that an asteroid or other body looked like it could possibley strike the earth then we as the public are not to be told about it until the object had safely passed. I read there was actually a law passed about this kind of disclosure. Im not sure how much truth there is in that though.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by goose

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The asteroid that will come very close in 2029 will be on Friday the 13th of April. Freaky huh? It's also nicknamed "Apophis", which is the Egyptian god of evil and destruction.

Hmm, do those astronomers that named it know something that we don't?

On the plus side 1500 megatons of energy released on the middle east from it could be a good thing!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

that is the truth for the bible records that even Jesus, does'nt even no when GOD will send for his people, and there is a lot of stuff yet to happen as it is once more recorded in the bible. there will b wars and rumors of wars,but the end is not yet,for nation shall rise against nation,and kingdom against kingdom all these things must first come to pass but the end is not yet.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Such a world stopping meteor would only have to be about 6 miles wide to wipe off most of the life on the planet. Last year one large meteor was discovered, by luck, within only a few months of the "close call" it would pass near earth closer then the moon is to the earth.

So the truly painful, but truthful answer is that we might never see such a meteor until a couple of days to a couple of months before such an inpact. Chances are also good, but far less likely, that we might never see it.

People like to think someone somewhere is aware of all N.E.O (Near Earth Objects), but that person doesn't exist.

Sure we "see" comets, because they reflect and throw off ice and have tails, but such things as meteors don't have to be seen until they are already falling to our planet.

That's how I understand it anyway.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by goose

After the Minor Planet Center confirmed the June discovery of Apophis (then known only as 2004 MN4), the next close approach was computed to be April 13, 2029 by the automatic Sentry system of NASA's Near-Earth Object Program Office. NEODyS, a similar automatic system at the University of Pisa, Italy and the University of Valladolid, Spain also calculated this same approach date. On that date, it will become as bright as magnitude 3.3 (visible to the naked eye from rural and some darker suburban areas, visible with binoculars from most locations[8]). This close approach will be visible from Europe, Africa, and western Asia. As a result of its close passage, it will move from the Aten to the Apollo class.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
I watched the bible decoding show on the history channel last night and it says that the 911 events were found and that another prediction is that the earth will be totally destroyed in 2012 by a meteor.

This is the very reason why people are being killed. They believe the Bible is a book of predicitons. IT IS NOT! The Bible is NOT a crystal ball people, it is not a fortune teller....

Don't believe anything you watch on the history (his story) channel.

Originally posted by goose
This is particularly scary since the Mayan calendar says that time will stop on Dec. 21, 2012.

The Mayan calender does not say "time will stop". The Mayan calender just ends on that date, because on that date is a winter solstice!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by goose

omg you are stupid. the olympic games are in 2012... dumass. if there was they would stop the olympic games. plus they would shoot nuculoar bombs to destroy it even the the broken bits of rocks mi hit earth. p.s atleast we get a chance to have only little asteroids come and hit earth instead of a big one. the small one is about the siz of your brain.. so tiny you cant even see it.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
ok im a 13 year old kid so im not that smart but if u think about it why you going to ruin life thinking that were going to die cause belive it or not they made technology that will push the asteroid from hitting earth it a a booster that collect solar energy from the sun .;. therefore we have surived ^-^

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
hi guyz!
well i think that this meteor 2012 business is a serious issue and should be given attention by each and every citizen of earth.
Frankly, i believe that god is testing the willpower and endurance of mankind . God wants us to ourselves decide our destiny and also that mankind forgets all the boundries dividing countries and unites to face off such disasters with ease.
even if this happens [which should not ] then wats the mater ?
follow the following motto and be fearless :-

LIVE LIFE KING SIZE , LIKE A KING !!!!!!!
SO ENJOY EVERYBODY AND KEEP WATCHING THE OLYMPICS!!!!!
BYE,

posted by a boy in India

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by goose

On Friday, June 14, 2002, a huge asteroid barely missed the Earth.
It was first noticed by astronomers THREE DAYS after it had passed by.

(You can check it on either the NASA website or in the archives of various media outlets. Make sure you note the date of the first media reports...)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

Good point. Like they say, "It's the one you don't see that you have to watch out for".

Right now there aren't any we know of but there's no reason to doubt we won't be hit by a big rock at some time in the future. That said, there's not much to be done about it.

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by AdAstra

Like they say, "It's the one you don't see that you have to watch out for".

Indeed.
And what "they" DON'T say, not often enough anyway, is that a huge percentage of such bodies come precisely from a direction that makes it impossible (because of the Sun) to spot them until they are already past the Earth.

I am no trying to scare anyone, I am not scared myself.
It's simply a fact to be reckoned with (which sounds like an oxymoron, I know).

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by goose

From what the bible says in 2012 when all the planets line up there will be catastrophic events on the earth such as earthquakes,tornadoes,stunamis...etc. all this is presicted in the bible. The earth is not going to be totally destroyed at that time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join