It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guys only stuff (Top Secret no girls allowed)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Fellas,
I have a great bit of advise to you regarding dating the opposite sex. Here is the deal guys, you are being way too uptight about girls. You need to be able to talk to them without being all chocked up.

First bit of advice: Talk to as many girls as you can by just saying "hi, I think your pretty" and ... leave. If you cannot do even this small amount of convo you are in need of help. Here is that help.... Just say "hi" and walk away. Practice until you can do more. Make eye contact when you say it. Don't smell like a hamburger when you get near her.

Second bit of advice: When you can hold a 5 minute convo, try and talk about her, not you. Things like "what do you think about that relationship of Ben Affleck and his chicky?" or some other non-committal stuff like this. Buy a copy of some trashy Sun or other rich and famous gossip magazine. Get info on the celebs and ask about her thoughts regarding these things. You don't really have to be interested in the content, just interested in making more out of the situation than just chit-chat.

Third bit of advice: Smell nice. Go to a cologne counter and ask what women are buying thier significant others. But some small bottles and experiment as you chat them up.

Fourth bit of advice: Don't pay for anything initially. I say this because you should go dutch for convo's. It ain't a date after all. Just meet for a coffee or tea and go dutch. Maybe pay the tip for the waiter so she doesn't think you're a complete skinflint. Next if you take it further and actually date, you can still go dutch if it is cool. Do not cater to any woman you have no intention of taking home to mother. Be a man and just let her have her freedom and liberty (womens liberation is a good thing guys, it means they are acting more like us and should be shown the same rules as we have).

Fifth bit of advice: Do not sleep with her. Yep, you heard me right. It will create a few things those of us already know, sexual tension and continued interest. If you maintain it they will go crazy for you. When the moment is right and she is the one, ask her about committments (if you're ready for the long term). If you do it this way she will see that you are serious and not just another "playa". Plus from my point of view it cuts down dramatically on STD's and unwanted babies (or if your a stand up guy the responsibilities of said babies).

Six bit of advice: Be cocky and funny. There is a book called double you dating and it is gold. I think this should be the holy grail of every single guy out there. Pure gold and worth it weigh in it. Not a personal plug and I have no money from them coming my way.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Why are you against girls reading this? They'd actually know whether or not thse techniques work.

First bit of advice: Talk to as many girls as you can by just saying "hi, I think your pretty" and ... leave. If you cannot do even this small amount of convo you are in need of help. Here is that help.... Just say "hi" and walk away. Practice until you can do more. Make eye contact when you say it. Don't smell like a hamburger when you get near her.

Yes.. social skills are important.

Second bit of advice: When you can hold a 5 minute convo, try and talk about her, not you.

This applies to anyone.

Get info on the celebs and ask about her thoughts regarding these things. You don't really have to be interested in the content, just interested in making more out of the situation than just chit-chat.

Third bit of advice: Smell nice. Go to a cologne counter and ask what women are buying thier significant others. But some small bottles and experiment as you chat them up.

Not bad advice. Don't overdo it and actually have shower beforehand. BO is not a turn on.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley
Why are you against girls reading this? They'd actually know whether or not thse techniques work.
Yes.. social skills are important.
This applies to anyone.
Not bad advice. Don't overdo it and actually have shower beforehand. BO is not a turn on.

Thanks for that last bit. Most guys don't have a clue though. It is the whole Goddess syndrome. Y'know the old time movies that have a mortal in from a diety and they are struck dumb and insane or something.

My point is that unless a girl (woman) is a supermodel (or wannabe) your on equal footing. Both people are prolly nervous and unless someone is versed or rehearsed in what to say how to act they will fumble portions of the convo.

Most guys are doing this: :bnghd:

when it comes to women, that is. Let's take online dating. Waste of time IMO, because people hide behind the technology instead of just growing a set of courage pearls and getting out and about.

WALLFLOWERS UNITE!!! LOL!

Just one step at a time and slow going to break into the whole new world of "How you doing?"

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
very good advice, it is also noted that if you wonder too much about whether she will say no or dislike you too much before you actually get the marbles to go talk to her, someone else will first. you are defeating yourself before you begin

all in all, keep telling yourself....

This is not high school.
I don't have to see her everyday. (unless it's a co-worker..not a good idea)
What's the worst she could say?...NO?

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneGodJesus
First bit of advice: Talk to as many girls as you can by just saying "hi, I think your pretty" and ... leave.

Let's stop right there.

First bit of advice: It's pull her pigtails... and run. That's gold.

Second bit: Learn to croon.

Third: What's wrong with smelling like a hamburger?

Fourth: Don't pay for anything. Ever.

Fifth: Cooties are real.

Sixth: If all else fails, throw rocks.

Hope this helps.

[edit on 31-12-2005 by RANT]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This is why I thank a higher power that i don't have to worry about dating anymore

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishmen3g
This is why I thank a higher power that i don't have to worry about dating anymore

Oh Jesus Christ. How bad did it hurt? Why would you do such a thing?!?!?

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
All I can say is, when I am older I am gonna look so hot. I mean girls don't think I am all that great now, but my friends mom has said I am gonna look like these actors when I grow up. I can see it in myself too. I can't wait.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist06
All I can say is, when I am older I am gonna look so hot. I mean girls don't think I am all that great now, but my friends mom has said I am gonna look like these actors when I grow up. I can see it in myself too. I can't wait.

I think your friends' mom might have a lil Captain in her.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Lol, no at the movie theater? I don't think so. But those commercials are funny. Well I mean they are so stupid they are funny.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
OneGGod

Works for me

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Ive taken to dating girls that are inside my major. Its easy because we already have a common interst, makes a good convo starter. Not to mention there are quite a few nice lookin ones in the Criminal Justice Dept. None have gone anywhere but what the hey, this is what college is for. I dont want anything really serious at this point because I've been there and it didnt end very well, though it was my longest relationship of 8 months. Any ladies who do read this, guys hate clinginess, its what ended most of my relationships, not to mention it drove me nuts as well.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
Ive taken to dating girls that are inside my major. Its easy because we already have a common interst, makes a good convo starter. Not to mention there are quite a few nice lookin ones in the Criminal Justice Dept. None have gone anywhere but what the hey, this is what college is for. I dont want anything really serious at this point because I've been there and it didnt end very well, though it was my longest relationship of 8 months. Any ladies who do read this, guys hate clinginess, its what ended most of my relationships, not to mention it drove me nuts as well.

Hah, that is some funny stuff!! Good angle on the same major thingy, it always helps to have something to talk about that you are either knowledgable (sp?) or comfortable with. That was kind of the same as just saying hi and walking away confidence builder. College is a great place to practice the whole approach thing. Remember the three second rule too, I was scanning the fastseduction.com sight and forgot about this. If in three seconds of making an eye contact connection you better make a move to do SOMETHING (i.e. walk over and say HI or run away screaming about the aliens and the thought probes!!!) But really just be cool and collected, Chicks are just as uptight (unless they are 9's or 10's and they have a great approach on the site to blow away the fakeness and get down to really talking). I know this sight is trashy in its attemt to manipulate women, but I look at it this way, if you going to be a man you need to go armed into the dating world. Chicks always have the upper hand and because of political correctness guys have had thier collective sacks removed.

So on that happy note
try and learn about female psychology and it will help you in your approach and confidence.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Let's stop right there.

First bit of advice: It's pull her pigtails... and run. That's gold.

Second bit: Learn to croon.

Third: What's wrong with smelling like a hamburger?

Fourth: Don't pay for anything. Ever.

Fifth: Cooties are real.

Sixth: If all else fails, throw rocks.

Hope this helps.

[edit on 31-12-2005 by RANT]

I love the Our Gang stuff. I grew up on this when mom was working as a waitress at a bar in LA that was themed after them. I'd come from school and sit and watch reruns all day doing homework until mom got off. Funny stuff even today.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Yes, the old three second eye contact rule. That was one of the first things I learned, and no one will ever guess who taught me. My older sister of all people, shes always been a good source for me to go to if I need dating advice. I would reccomend it to any guy with an older sister, its someone you can rely on for good advice and wont steer you wrong.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
Yes, the old three second eye contact rule. That was one of the first things I learned, and no one will ever guess who taught me. My older sister of all people, shes always been a good source for me to go to if I need dating advice. I would reccomend it to any guy with an older sister, its someone you can rely on for good advice and wont steer you wrong.

Hey man, what is that little "warn" thingy in your left box signature area. And I didn't have the benefit of an older sister. I son will though...lol. And his old man showing him the ropes.

He is already a ladies man...lol. The whole female population of my church kisses all over him. Lucky kid as some are pretty fine. I get compliments from others as we walk in the mall or where ever. Yep, he's gonna make a killing, watch him turn out gay...lol. Just my luck, I'll have to keep an eye on him now dangit. Gotta strike that fine balance between getting kisses from the girls and punches in the arm from the fellas. to be a

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I got warned in one of my posts, I dont know why, no explanation was given. I reread my statement and I didnt see anything that I would see as 'warnable', but I'm not a moderator so what can I do. Luck little guy indeed, wish I got that kind of attention now haha, too bad it aint that easy when you get older. A friends sister is always an acceptable substitute, they(my sister and her friends, who also happened to be my friends older sisters.) used to give us talks before we first entered high school to help make sure we get left behind in the dating department. Very useful to the guys just entering high school.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Good advise, but it doesn't work on strippers.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Your title alone is funny (in a positive way) in my opinion. It guarantees that females will surely come read this.

Just a thought,
John

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Your title alone is funny (in a positive way) in my opinion. It guarantees that females will surely come read this.

Just a thought,
John

yeah, Iwas kind of hoping for more female input as to what they would like to see guy do more often...ah well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join